GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the defense concedes the messages are his.

If he sent pictures of his anatomy, I'm sure those might be identifying as well. I don't know that you'd want the pictures put into evidence by questioning whether the sexting was Ross Harris' or not, or to otherwise make a big deal about the sexting. Why draw more attention to something so dumb?

Could you imagine what the testimony would be like if they questioned whose organs were in the pictures Ross Harris sent? I remember a scene from Porky's...

IMO…out of the home is a home office…not a cubicle to report to. She had appointments and was on location during the day meeting her clients.
Gotcha. No matter what it meant, we know that Leanna left the house at 7:15 AM to go out to work.

When LH arrived at daycare and upon finding out that Ross didn't drop Cooper off that morning, rather than "Ross must have left him in the car", why didn't she say "I just heard from him not too long ago and he asked when I was going to pick up his little buddy"? That to me is the key piece that tells me she was in on all of this. SO much doesn't make sense, and we are likely going to have to wait a year or longer to get answers on a lot of this.

Yes that is right. Why did not she try to reconcile what the day care told her and what he told her about picking up the child? The immediate reaction would be to think that maybe the day care was wrong, like say, are you sure he is not here? Maybe he is hiding or you have the wrong name? Given what dad told you, you would think at first there was a mix up at the day care. After that, you would think it was a mix up w the husband. Either way, why would she not have panicked when she realizes there was a problem? Dd she hysterically call husband? There should be a phone call in the minutes after she went to the day care. was there?

I wonder why the defense concedes the messages are his. I am sure they are but it seems like a stupid defense strategy to concede that now. His pics (face) must be in the messages bc if he used fake pics or even pics of his male anatomy, it would be difficult to tie it to him without more evidence with isp numbers, etc. defense could have said his phone was stolen or he left it out and someone got a hold of it and used this messaging service, or that his phone was hacked. He could have said he left his phone out and maybe a friend pulled a prank and did the messaging. They could at east have raised some objection just to keep the evidence out. It woud likely come in later of course since I am sure LE could prove such a story wrong, but keeping out the sexting evidence would have done wonders as far as his gathering public sympathy. You would think the defense would have done all it could to keep that out or at least make it out to be that he did not do that

That is why I think his picture of his face has to be in those messages

I think the defense was totally blindsided by this information. I doubt JRH told them about his sexting. As for the excuse that his phone was taken or he was pranked won't work. I don't recall how long he'd been sexting, but it was over a considerable period of time.

If he sent pictures of his anatomy, I'm sure those might be identifying as well. I don't know that you'd want the pictures put into evidence by questioning whether the sexting was Ross Harris' or not, or to otherwise make a big deal about the sexting. Why draw more attention to something so dumb?

Could you imagine what the testimony would be like if they questioned whose organs were in the pictures Ross Harris sent? I remember a scene from Porky's...
Even in Travis Alexander's trial for justice the state didn't question that.

Not necessarily. I know when I used to have a home based office, I have said "I work out of my home", and have heard it said that way before. He easily could have meant that she works from home when he said she "works out of her/the home".
I won't beat this to death anymore after this post.

Stoddard said on the stand that she left home at 7:15 to go to work.

See the quote I posted by Ociboys (sp?). I think that makes sense. :)

The 6 minute call to the daycare still bothers me. Not that it was made but the Ross denied making it. If he was trying to catch an employee before his wife got there it would make all the sense in the world since he couldn't reach her. So why deny it and why haven't police interviewed the daycare workers yet? The defense asked the detective he he investigated who could have been on the other line and he said not yet. This baffles my mind?

With all the women RH talks to maybe he forged a relationship with someone at the daycare. Just a thought...

LOL, I wouldn't want to be the one doing the identifying :p

I don't think it matters if the pics were actually of his anatomy, he sent them out claiming they were of him. I doubt the defense is going to go down that ugly (shiver) road

Yeah, I know, but if there was some doubt as to whether they were his, it would be just enough to maybe keep the pics out of the preliminary hearing. The judge would not have wanted the hearing to be about whose pics they were or were not. Also, in order for the prosecution to prove they were his, they would have needed to get pics of his privates, etc. it would have been a mess and it would have taken time. The defense seems like they made it too easy for the prosecution to use those pics

It just seems stupid of the defense not to try more to keep those pics out bc I think without those pics, this story would not have blown up like it did. It really shows him as a cold callous person and is really tainting the jury pool. Of course, I think he is a cold callous person and I am glad the pics were shown; it just seems like it was not a wise defense move to concede those pics so early in and let the story be about those pics (almost every news story is now about the sexting dad).

Yes that is right. Why did not she try to reconcile what the day care told her and what he told her about picking up the child? The immediate reaction would be to think that maybe the day care was wrong, like say, are you sure he is not here? Maybe he is hiding or you have the wrong name? Given what dad told you, you would think at first there was a mix up at the day care. After that, you would think it was a mix up w the husband. Either way, why would she not have panicked when she realizes there was a problem? Dd she hysterically call husband? There should be a phone call in the minutes after she went to the day care. was there?

No, but there was a one minute phone call from Ross to Leanna at 4:00 to say, "I checked him at lunch. The deed is done. Proceed as planned."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been eons since my son was a baby, and I never used daycare anyway, but is it possible that a 16, just turned 17 year old would work at one?

Just thinking out loud about something.

I won't beat this to death anymore after this post.

Stoddard said on the stand that she left home at 7:15 to go to work.

See the quote I posted by Ociboys (sp?). I think that makes sense. :)

Correct, I've watched it several times, and heard that part...I thought we were discussing the wording of "works out of the home". When I worked from home, I was hardly ever at my home, my appointments started early and I was gone most of the day.

No, but there was a one minute phone call from Ross to Leanna at 4:00 to say, "I checked him at lunch. The deed is done. Proceed as planned."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to clarify that what you posted is your opinion, or a lot of people are going to take that as fact ;)

LOL, I wouldn't want to be the one doing the identifying :p

I don't think it matters if the pics were actually of his anatomy, he sent them out claiming they were of him. I doubt the defense is going to go down that ugly (shiver) road

That is the thing - the defense cannot do that now. They gave up their chance to attack some of the most sensational evidence in the trial. They will try to keep it out as irrelevant but I don't think they will win on that.

As another posted noted, they were probably blindsided. I wonder if his attorney is a noted criminal attorney in the area or perhaps he was just a lawyer who was a friend of the family, etc?

Six minutes is a long time. I don't talk on the phone six minutes in a week, :)

Also, to give Mom benefit of the doubt...if she did not know and RH really called her and said what she said he did, that is even more socio pathetic on his part.

I thought he said "out of the home," too. But, I was in such shock at that point, I might have misunderstood.

If so she should have a paper trail at the secretary of state for the state of georgia for a business licence under her name :moo: that is easily searchable. i am on my phone and can i do in a few days if it has not been done yet.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering if the reason he went to work late and left early was to minimize the risk of anyone in the parking lot hearing Cooper's cries. We know the baby was not sedated because of his face scratches and head abrasions. So there was a risk that someone might hear the baby. By arriving late, after the other workers had entered the building, and leaving early, before everyone leaves for home, he reduced the chance of an accidental discovery. That way, there would only be the risk of a worker leaving for an appointment or emergency or something.

If so she should have a paper trail at the secretary of state for the state of georgia for a business licence under her name :moo: that is easily searchable. i am on my phone and can i do in a few days if it has not been done yet.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I have never heard that she is self employed. It is entirely possible that she is employed by a company but works out of her home.

Correct, I've watched it several times, and heard that part...I thought we were discussing the wording of "works out of the home". When I worked from home, I was hardly ever at my home, my appointments started early and I was gone most of the day.

Actually it's a silly argument I think. Obviously she left the home to do her work. Doesn't mean she went to an office or not either way. When I was a Home Health Speech Therapist for many years-I had an office to check into with the home health agency I was working for- pick up orders, supplies, make calls, etc., but I was on my own. (Self-employed contractor) I did keep forms and supplies in my office at home, but since I was on the road so much visiting patients, I was mainly based out of my car. People are reading way too much out of this statement.
Also, as far as her being a dietician- my sister is a dietician- she has a Master's degree in Nutrition, is licensed, and has specialized in Diabetes for many years. This was brought up several threads ago, but they got locked before I could respond.
(Not picking on you Crazytown, just piggybacking off your post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman