GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did that car sit all day in a parking lot and no one saw Cooper strapped into his carseat? It has been said his head was visible above the top of the seat and from most viewing angles. The windows are tinted but they are a light tint and I would think at some point Cooper would have been making some kind of noise. Was this lot one not used much, meaning not many people walking to and from their vehicles? Or was Cooper somehow concealed? Maybe a jacket or sweater casually tossed over the top of the seat blocking view from outside? Or a blanket?

I cannot figure out how no one was near enough to the vehicle at some point throughout the day to notice something amiss. IMO, there should have been several someones who might have been close enough to glance inside. I wonder how no one noticed anything if the car sat there for 7 hours.

In the probable cause hearing Det. Stoddard testified that CCTV shows RH leaving his car at lunchtime and stopping when someone passed him, walking in the direction of the SUV. RH stopped and waited until the person passed the SUV without noticing.

It'll be interesting to hear more about that. I'm waiting for details about how close the person was as he passed by the SUV.

Can you imagine the sticky wicket RH would be in if that person had discovered Cooper while his daddy was mere feet away. How could he defend that?

ETA: It's likely Cooper was comatose or dead by lunch time so not likely to be crying.

Actually, what the officer said on the stand implies that they don't imo. Could mean nothing, but he said they knew RH had to talk to someone because the VM at the daycare isn't set to last for 6 minutes, i.e. RH didn't just pocket dial or call, get vm and fail to hang up properly. To me, that says they know he talked to someone, but they don't know who. Otherwise, they would have just said who he talked to, no? It's not like they were opposed to revealing details about the investigation so far.

Karmady, when I stated "he obviously is trying to conceal the phone calls", I was referring to RH, not the detective. My point was that RH said there were no phone calls when he was clearly seen on the phone at the scene and was told to get off the phone so not sure how RH can claim there were no calls.

Is it possible the quick talk about the life insurance may have been regarding payment for the funeral expenses? That's the only reason I've heard for having life insurance on your child is to pay for a funeral if the child should die. Not easy to come up with thousands of dollars that quickly. Still may be possible the child was killed for this money, but it is another viewpoint.

A HD fund called the Homer Fund gave the Harris' $10,000 to pay for Cooper's funeral, so any need for quick collection on the other policies would not have been for that.

In the probable cause hearing Det. Stoddard testified that CCTV shows RH leaving his car at lunchtime and stopping when someone passed him, walking in the direction of the SUV. RH stopped and waited until the person passed the SUV without noticing.

It'll be interesting to hear more about that. I'm waiting for details about how close the person was as he passed by the SUV.

Can you imagine the sticky wicket RH would be in if that person had discovered Cooper while his daddy was mere feet away. How could he defend that?

That wicket would indeed be sticky. How would you even defend stopping? When you are walking into the building from the parking lot you really have no reason to stop unless to check your phone or watch someone/something. And it was fairly warm outside, you'd want to keep moving. Looks real suspicious.

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I had seen somewhere on this thread maybe 8 or 9 about people staying calm cool collected when the **** hits the fan. I am one of those. In no way am I defending LH god forbid she had a hand in this, but I am the type to go nutty/beserk anticipating trouble/tragedy once it happens I go into action mode shut off my feelings and put up a front. It's only months, years later I fall apart w/ anxiety, panic, depression. My ex-husband always said " When you get quiet it's time to worry."
My heart breaks for Cooper, I cannot think about this crime in any other way except for the characters and details. I cannot allow myself to think about "what" actually occurred inside that car. Maybe detaching herself from the situation is her coping method. JMO

I can find the sentence:

via a google search but when I click on the article the sentence is associated with by the google search that sentence in nowhere in the article.

here is the text as seen in the google search

HERE is the article that goes with that google search link
http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/03/dad-justin-harris-son-cooper-hot-car-death-probable-cause-hearing-ga/12127859/

So I hope this is not yet another google search generated nonfact that has crept into this case because that would make three so far by my count.

Feeling like pulling my dang hair out at this point.
She is licensed, but I have only seen a few blips about where exactly she worked.
(Like Cooper's Legacy.com)

http://verify.sos.ga.gov/websites/verification/Details.aspx?agency_id=1&license_id=1760947

At about 27:20 the judge asks Stoddard about LH's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6SR0oHFQ8

THANK YOU. I have been asking for this all day. So she was probably able to set her own schedule somewhat and visited patients/clients outside of her home but also performed some work from home such as office or reporting duties.

Just realizing right now that the CNN transcripts of the hearing are incomplete. They only cover the probable cause portion of the hearing and not the bond part of the hearing.

And I am still bothered by the fact we have seen no search warrant regarding LH's vehicle and we know she had one due to the carseat swap.

MY sincere apologies for my rant about the mom work thing. Thanks again to you octobermoon for finally pointing me where all this out of home discussion was coming from.

I don't know if someone has mentioned this, but...I was nauseated by RH's high school/adolescent boy persona in that he and his 2 college buddies went to college together, moved to GA together, opened a business together, ate lunch together, went to Home Depot together and were planning on watching a movie together after work. ????? He is a child-man who planned this murder with his wife, but the two of them were too stupid to hide all the evidence, IMHO. RIP Cooper. You deserved so much better.

When I first heard that I almost threw up............ what kind of beast does that? RH is one evil bas--rd.

Checking to see if anything new has come out and to see if I could get back in after upgrade. Everything looks same on tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THANK YOU. I have been asking for this all day. So she was probably able to set her own schedule somewhat and visited patients/clients outside of her home but also performed some work from home such as office or reporting duties.

Just realizing right now that the CNN transcripts of the hearing are incomplete. They only cover the probable cause portion of the hearing and not the bond part of the hearing.

And I am still bothered by the fact we have seen no search warrant regarding LH's vehicle and we know she had one due to the carseat swap.

MY sincere apologies for my rant about the mom work thing. Thanks again to you octobermoon for finally pointing me where all this out of home discussion was coming from.

No worries. :) I don't think any of us were expecting so much information at the hearing!

I did hear a reporter on CNN this morning say that she worked for DaVita (dialysis). Didn't catch his name but one of the local reporters from the Atlanta area. HTH

Karmady, when I stated "he obviously is trying to conceal the phone calls", I was referring to RH, not the detective. My point was that RH said there were no phone calls when he was clearly seen on the phone at the scene and was told to get off the phone so not sure how RH can claim there were no calls.

Oh, I know that. I don't remember what your OP said exactly, but I was responding to the idea that Stoddard knows who the call was made to. That particular 6 minute call. And whether the defendant actually spoke to someone during THAT call. I think that's still an open question. I agree it sure looks like he lied about not making any call at all. jmo

:loveyou: octobermoon, you have no idea how that topic has frustrated me all day. and Nana46 you keep em coming those giggles for me okay, I need em on this case.

RH's lack of insight and any kind of reasoning skills makes me wonder if the Pod People got him. :ufo:

Seriously, though, what kind of internal conversations did he have with himself that day?

RH's Brain: Ahhhh, that was good! I'll go ahead and send one last pic of my pecker to that hot teen and then head out to the movie.

Brain: Oh, look at the time! I better let the guys know I'll be running late. Lemme think, half hour or so to look convincingly distraught and deal with the ambulance, so I should make it to the theater a little after 5.

Brain: Okay, am I forgetting anything? Nope, nothing I can think of. Wow, I'm so diabolical – can't wait to see how much money comes in from the crowd sourcing....

I mean no disrespect to poor little Cooper; I'm just amazed at the level of stupidity.

Can't believe he would actually STILL go to a dumb movie after discovering his dead son!!! How would that look to his buddies and everyone else and who could sit and watch a movie after that?

I'm so sorry that happened to you. What a witch! I'm sure water just ruined her car (eyeroll). So glad the cops backed you up and put her in her place. But, I can imagine exactly how you were feeling, because I would have felt the same way. I'm a half-looker, but I 'm sure we're all going to be lookers from now on. Imagine how much good this will do; at least something good will have come from this. Thanks for taking care of that pup.

Wow, just Wow! I finally finished reading all 17 pages of the bond hearing. This is why the police officer was shocked! There is no way Cooper's death was an accident. Ross knew he was in the car the whole time, and apparently Leanna did too.

Do you have a link to the 17 page bond hearing? Anyone? tia

Wow, just Wow! I finally finished reading all 17 pages of the bond hearing. This is why the police officer was shocked! There is no way Cooper's death was an accident. Ross knew he was in the car the whole time, and apparently Leanna did too.

Where oh where did you find all the written pages of the hearing?? All I can find is the incomplete few pages of testimony on the CNN site!

Please, pretty please can I have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme