GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick note:

A person doesn't have to sign in or thank or post to read here from day one. A person also doesn't have to use this forum as the only way to follow this (or any) case. Beyond that, how does being here from day one earn a person's opinion more validity or credibility than another person's opinion? Fellow posters may think the few posters with the nerve to question the majority are lacking in brain cells or contrary just for the sake of being contrary but, I don't think that is often the case.

People come from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds. People possess different philosophies towards life and crime/punishment, in general. Some people come from countries that no longer have the death penalty or reside in states that have abolished it. Some people find the posts on here that advocate what amounts to torture for JRH abhorrent and subhuman, IMO.

I have to ask, what good is a forum that serves only as an echo chamber of the same opinions expressed over and over using slightly different wording? If all opinions that differ, even slightly, from the majority, are shot down and immediately ridiculed - where is there room for constructive, civil debate?

That's all I feel the need to say. I apologize for going off topic.

AMEN . Thank you for posting.

You are likely right. Guess I've watched too many Law & Order episodes where the jilted wife was behind it all ;-)

Thanks for the confirmation. It's just that Leanna's behavior seems so well orchestrated- right down to her strict adherence to legal counsel to stay silent. How convenient for her. Hard to implicate yourself if you keep your mouth shut and fly below radar. I've just never seen a mom be able to stay so composed and pulled together to such this degree before. Bizarre is not even adequate. Someone else said creepy - that's more like it.

So so creepy! And I think, telling. From the second she opened her mouth something was just not right. Her admission for making the same internet searches as her husband. Her bizarre eulogy, her claim that she wouldn't bring Cooper back if she could because the world is "broken" to the bizarre mentions of how Cooper loves Trucks and how he always pointed them out in parking lots in his Obit. I mean, why mention that at all when this child just died in a car, in a parking lot. It is just STRANGE. Making the whole funeral about Ross, the whole " Im doing this for you, I love you" and "If Ross and I have more kids."

The lack of emotion when finding out that her child is dead. Zero tears. REALLY? Her instant claim that Ross left Cooper in the car and that is why he wasn't dropped off at daycare. She said the immediately. Whose mind goes that route, worst fear or not? Why did she say that? Her own mother questioning her lack of emotion. Zero emotion upon hearing all of the bombshells in the courtroom. Zero emotion upon hearing that her baby struggled, fought, and scratched himself while fighting for his life.

Some people say we all grieve differently, and we do, but in this case....something is very very very wrong with Mom's behavior, remarks, comments, and reactions.

Zero emotion. Zero emotion. Zero emotion.

And finally, " Did you say too much?"

WTF?

My sister was locked up in Cobb county several times and how it works there is each inmate has to complete a form listing people who they approve to visit them. They can only list like maybe 3-4. So if someone shows up who isn't on that persons approved list they will be turned away.

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all! I have followed this case since day one and watched the prelim hearing. I have two opposing lines of convictions. My primary is that JRH orchestrated this, but after watching the hearing closely, a 2nd conviction is forming. I wouldn't be shocked if this is a case of "Snapped". How better could one (who may be self-absorbed and not bonded with their child) could retaliate against a cheating husband than to set him up for murder. I guess her statement at the daycare prompted that, along with her unemotional appearance at the hearing (and a lot of other conveniently well played out statements). The only thing that doesn't fit that scenario is the stop to ChickFilA. Aside from that, if I were cold hearted and vengeful, it sure would be sweet justice to a vindictive person to watch their filandering husband go down in flames while sitting back and pretending to stand by them..

On another note, do we yet have any evidence that anyone saw Cooper alive and moving? Not just "sleeping"?

BBM

Ah ha!!!

First bold, bet they haven't conversed via phone, either. Could it be wife is thinking husband is going to spill he guts, afterall, if he won't call, see her...well...

Second bold, YES!!! From the very beginning I felt wife was complicit, and now with her 2 statements (at daycare, in jailhouse interview room) along with her seemingly not seeing husband this am, she would be errant not to consider husband may be rolling on her.

Totally getting the tables turned on her, I hope.

The reporter tweeted that LH nodded her head to indicate "no" in response to his question: Did you see Ross today?
Her nod was to let the reporter know that she was not speaking w/ the media. I have every reason to believe Ross is living for these visits until he settles into his new home. How is that search about surviving prison working out for ya, Roscoe?

I agree DeDee, I watched the video twice and my interpretation was as yours. The head movement was being made even before the question by the woman with LH - as well as LH. They did not and were not going to respond to any reporter questions. I think that is one reason the visit was at 8:00 a.m. - to avoid lookers.

I have no idea whether she visited with RH or no.... just it seemed to me the nods/shakes were not intended as an answer to the questions.... MOO

I'm going to throw a thought out there - something I've been thinking about for a few days. When I look at the pictures of Cooper, I see a message in his eyes. (I promise I'm not crazy.) in the early pictures, he looks innocent and happy. In the picture where Ross is holding him, he has a different look in his eyes. I don't see that look when mom has him.

When I saw the warrant for the medical records, I wondered if it is possible that Ross had experimented sexually with Cooper. I obviously have no reasonable evidence - just a hunch. We obviously can't believe anything friends and family say about this because mom and dad did a good job of keeping the second personas secret.

I may be 100% incorrect (and hope I am) - just wondering if anyone else has thought along those lines.

I'm going to throw a thought out there - something I've been thinking about for a few days. When I look at the pictures of Cooper, I see a message in his eyes. (I promise I'm not crazy.) in the early pictures, he looks innocent and happy. In the picture where Ross is holding him, he has a different look in his eyes. I don't see that look when mom has him.

When I saw the warrant for the medical records, I wondered if it is possible that Ross had experimented sexually with Cooper. I obviously have no reasonable evidence - just a hunch. We obviously can't believe anything friends and family say about this because mom and dad did a good job of keeping the second personas secret.

I may be 100% incorrect (and hope I am) - just wondering if anyone else has thought along those lines.

Honestly, I think it's a natural consideration when a child is murdered by anyone.

Am I the only one who has lost my "thanks" button?

Wife of Man Charged in Son's Hot-Car Death is Unable to See Him in Jail
— Gabe Gutierrez and Erik Ortiz
First published July 8th 2014, 11:45 am

Leanna Harris exited the Cobb County Jail and shook her head “no” when NBC News asked her if she was able to speak with him.

Article and video at link:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/wife-man-charged-sons-hot-car-death-unable-see-him-n150606

ETA: It's kind of hard to hear, but you can hear the reporter ask her if she got to see JRH, and she shook her head "no". IMO.

Just a quick note:

A person doesn't have to sign in or thank or post to read here from day one. A person also doesn't have to use this forum as the only way to follow this (or any) case. Beyond that, how does being here from day one earn a person's opinion more validity or credibility than another person's opinion? Fellow posters may think the few posters with the nerve to question the majority are lacking in brain cells or contrary just for the sake of being contrary but, I don't think that is often the case.

People come from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds. People possess different philosophies towards life and crime/punishment, in general. Some people come from countries that no longer have the death penalty or reside in states that have abolished it. Some people find the posts on here that advocate what amounts to torture for JRH abhorrent and subhuman, IMO.

I have to ask, what good is a forum that serves only as an echo chamber of the same opinions expressed over and over using slightly different wording? If all opinions that differ, even slightly, from the majority, are shot down and immediately ridiculed - where is there room for constructive, civil debate?

:tyou::goodpost:

'nuf said!

Just a quick note:

There's a difference between an echo chamber and recognizing when someone is trolling to be contrary to get attention.

Some clues:

1. They disagree on a regular basis regardless of topic

The aggressively quote and debate many different people at once

power posting the same arguments over and over again

Repeatedly derailing the discussion

Arguments are bizarre and designed to get attention by making outrageous debates

The "anything" is possible rebuttal

Discussing personalized and emotional ideas instead of the facts in the case

I'm just posting this randomly having not read this thread. This kind of behavior happens on every site I've ever been to. I just ignore people who post like this, debating them just gives them what they crave....attention

:moo::moo::moo:JMVHO

The flashing signs on the main highways in Houston, Tx have the following message "Do not leave child alone in car" "If you see a child alone in a car get help"

I think this has come from all the media on this case. Hopefully Cooper's death helps save at least one child.

How could she possibly orchestrate him leaving child in a car to retaliate against cheating husband? She was nowhere near. He is the one who left the child in a car. There is no doubt whatsoever that he left the child in a car, not her.

Perhaps it's BOTH of them who planned this, with the wife initiating the idea and setting it up so HE would be the taking the fall, all whist husband believing he'd get off because it was 'forgetfullness', in the meantime, she had another outcome planned...

So so creepy! And I think, telling. From the second she opened her mouth something was just not right. Her admission for making the same internet searches as her husband. Her bizarre eulogy, her claim that she wouldn't bring Cooper back if she could because the world is "broken" to the bizarre mentions of how Cooper loves Trucks and how he always pointed them out in parking lots in his Obit. I mean, why mention that at all when this child just died in a car, in a parking lot. It is just STRANGE. Making the whole funeral about Ross, the whole " Im doing this for you, I love you" and "If Ross and I have more kids."

The lack of emotion when finding out that her child is dead. Zero tears. REALLY? Her instant claim that Ross left Cooper in the car and that is why he wasn't dropped off at daycare. She said the immediately. Whose mind goes that route, worst fear or not? Why did she say that? Her own mother questioning her lack of emotion. Zero emotion upon hearing all of the bombshells in the courtroom. Zero emotion upon hearing that her baby struggled, fought, and scratched himself while fighting for his life.

Some people say we all grieve differently, and we do, but in this case....something is very very very wrong with Mom's behavior, remarks, comments, and reactions.

WTF?

Exactly! And I feel as if "did you say too much?" Was not an earnest question but rather a very well played - well timed statement she knew was recorded on record that implies guilt on his part. I know you can't go on looks, but geez- he doesn't look like he could screw in a lightbulb by himself. She on the other hand, has a very focused and reserved pensive stance. I'm starting to wonder just how clever is she?

Just want to step in and say that the University of Alabama, their fans, students, or alumni, or the city of Tuscaloosa are not in any way responsible for the insane actions of people. This area is full of wonderful people, and I am proud to call it home. There are murderers from all regions, from all fan bases, from good homes and bad ones.

Am I the only one who has lost my "thanks" button?

You need to refresh your screen. That happens when you post and don't "refresh" after it........at least the "thanks" button is back where it used to be!

WTF?

I agree it is shocking but we don't know what is going on with her. I think there is a possibility the mother has been psychologically brainwashed into believing her husband is the know-all, be-all and she is not to challenge him. iow, she may be a battered woman in an abusive relationship that has removed her ability to judge what is normal and what is not. Her reality may be distorted and she may view the death of her son as punishment that she deserves. I'm going to keep an open mind as this case continues to unfold.

JMO

Just want to step in and say that the University of Alabama, their fans, students, or alumni, or the city of Tuscaloosa are not in any way responsible for the insane actions of people. This area is full of wonderful people, and I am proud to call it home. There are murderers from all regions, from all fan bases, from good homes and bad ones.

I was married in Tuscaloosa. I always liked the city.

There are crazy insane people in every city (town) large and small.

I honestly don't know if I can keep reading about this case, as a mother it eats at my heart in a way I am not even capable of putting into words....nothing I read will make me think less of this sperm donor(he is NOT a father), he is already the worst of the worst and anything that comes out about him will not surprise me in the slightest. I say lock him in a car, and leave him. He doesn't deserve to plead or the DP, both are far too easy. An eye for an eye. I still am undecided about the mother, however, I don't believe she is innocent in this case. If she is involved, in any capacity, or even had the slightest thought this could happen, I say lock them in a car together so they can both witness what their son went through.

I will always remember this beautiful little boy, and I like to think he has beautiful wings and is soaring peacefully in heaven, yet it doesn't make me feel better. Stories like this shake me to the core, and make me question why god could give these people the gift of having a child, only for him to suffer so greatly in the end.

I am taking a break from this for awhile, but, I will continue to pray for justice, even though I believe no real justice can be served in this case.

Just a quick note:

Not sure what your point is (I probably missed the post you were referring to).

Trust me, quite a few here are NOT AT ALL AFRAID to have a differing opinion and are more than happy to disagree with the mainstream opinion.

And if you aren't being censored by the mods I am not sure what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member