GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a 22 month old child...

.......that's almost 2 years old.

Think about any 2 year old (plus or minus a month or 2) you've been in contact with. "Terrible Two's" ring a bell? Kids get to that 2 year point and they're noisy, boisterous, into everything, climbing, running, jumping, screaming, talking............most of them are pretty good at trying to squirm out of their car seat.

Seriously, RH didn't hear or see his child......I am beyond disbelief.:twocents:

This was a 22 month old child...

.......that's almost 2 years old.

Think about any 2 year old (plus or minus a month or 2) you've been in contact with. "Terrible Two's" ring a bell? Kids get to that 2 year point and they're noisy, boisterous, into everything, climbing, running, jumping, screaming, talking............most of them are pretty good at trying to squirm out of their car seat.

Seriously, RH didn't hear or see his child......I am beyond disbelief.:twocents:

Not only that, but they are big. If he had turned around, he is more likely to see him than not.

So we now know he was at the car at 12:42pm.
Check one off of my list...

Look who was told the police would be there today! Randy Travis!
6y6ute2e.jpg

It isn't that close to the office IMO- he.knew by the time people came out for lunch Cooper wouldn't be making any noise.

Gotta admit if he did it on purpose, he has got some balls.
I do wonder how much that tree covers up the interior.

zy2egagy.jpg

So, if JRH can't hear too good, why is he driving? Just say'in :scared:

If this is what RH was taught, and if he backed up with his hand on the front passenger seat and also looked behind him while backing into the parking slot, then it's worse for him because there's no way he wouldn't have seen Cooper in the car seat.

I don't think the way he was taught matters. I have found many men, especially those who have a bit of heft to them, do not turn around.

I'm still catching up again, so this may have been mentioned -
I am watching Jane Valez Mitchell and it was mentioned again on there that Cooper's head was a couple of inches above the car seat - it was too small for him. Also, they said LH did talk via videoconference with RH today.

As for me watching JVM and NS, I'm desperate for info so I'm more tolerant. :)

I don't think the way he was taught matters. I have found many men, especially those who have a bit of heft to them, do not turn around.

That's not what I've found, at all. All the men I know turn around and the women are more likely to not do it, if anything.

I am watching Jane Valez Mitchell and it was mentioned again on there that Cooper's head was a couple of inches above the car seat - it was too small for him. Also, they said LH did talk via videoconference with RH today.

If they placed him in a infant seat then it would be too small for a kid his age. Quite odd. Even looking in the rear view he'd have seen him.

Interesting as I saw the banner running across the bottom of the screen saying she was denied visitation today.

That's not what I've found, at all. All the men I know turn around and the women are more likely to not do it, if anything.

I agree with SStarr, most men with "heft" cannot turn around due to their size.

There are plenty of hearing impaired parents who manage to safeguard their children. There are many members of the 'deaf culture' (and who don't consider themselves handicapped) who are parents and they don't "forget" their children are in the car.

RH is using his alleged hearing loss in his right ear as a red herring excuse.

I agree with you that the prosecutor will not let that pathetic excuse fly, even if it's confirmed that RH truly does have a hearing loss.

This is an excellent point. If his hearing loss were truly debilitating then he would/should have all sorts of accommodations, adaptations and strategies in place to compensate for this disability, in ALL aspects of his life, parenting included.

I agree with SStarr, most men with "heft" cannot turn around due to their size.

I haven't found that, personally. The men I know with heft find the placing of the hand on the passenger seat particularly useful in gaining leverage/flexibility. But I guess it depends on who you know.

This isn't a crucial point to me, in any case. I think he still would have seen him by looking in the rear view mirror.

What LH said at the funeral seemed pretty darned religious - it did not seem that way to you?

(Sorry, that was addressed to SStarr - is it just me or has the reply feature changed significantly?)

I'm hearing impaired in my right ear with otosclerosis and I hear via conductive hearing from that ear very very well and can absolutely hear my kid anytime. In fact, I hear every baby and child in my neighborhood or shopping center without any problem at all. Even with background noises, he should be able to pick up sounds that vibrate along the edges of his car window, seat, etc. I call BS on his lame excuses. JMO

That is disturbing, **BUT** it crossed my mind that I don't have any context to put this comment in. What if LH had just asked him, "Ross, how could you drive all the way to the mall with little Cooper in the backseat when you knew he was dead???" Would it be *as* strange if RH then said, "I was dreading how he would look. I couldn't look at him after what I did. How could I be so stupid??? I was trying to think how to tell you. I was afraid so I just drove." I know it's a stretch, but sometimes context makes all the difference.

Re: the line "I was dreading how he would look"

I just can't imagine the horror, the guilt, and the nasty of nastiest emotions running through me at the moment I'd realize I am the one who caused my child's death and in the same instant realizing the agonizing manner in which my child died - OMG I left my own child in a boiling hot car all day and have yet to see my poor baby's face.

I think the thought of "I was dreading how he would look" is not a far fetched comment to have.

I also have to add - that my opinion has changed after watching the probable cause hearing - and it's not with the majority :truce:
At first I thought he did it on purpose, and she was in on it. But I have to admit that the news coverage and the majority of opinions here are all geared towards that same opinion (he did it on purpose and she was in on it) I was not hearing/seeing any other side to this story.

But after watching the probable cause hearing and listening to the defense lawyers explanations - he had me thinking, oh, ok, it could be explained.
So now I'm undecided :fence: and sitting on the fence if this was preplanned.

I do have to give the benefit of the doubt and think how horrible it would be if it was an accident especially for LH - can't even begin to think of loosing my only child, my life being yanked out from the world around me and having spot light and magnifying glass on me 24/7 to find any bit of crumb to call me a killer. I'd be kind of numb, and in shock.

Sorry NanKelley for attaching such a long post to your post - I was just going to agree with what you had to say and got carried away.

Thanks all for understanding and it's all just my :twocents: and my opinion and all that jazz - which means it could change in the future.

I think they are all just picking up and repeating the interpretation of the "head shake," which is what I do with solicitors/ panhandlers/ missionaries. I don't think she was necessarily responding to the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member