GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that the smaller seat held him in the seat more tightly. Is it possible the larger seat provided too much wiggle room that he could potentially wriggle free from if given enough time and struggling? Maybe RH feared the larger seat could give Cooper an opportunity to slip out and bang on the window and get people's attention.

That could be RH's thinking. It is not true but He could have been thinking that if it was smaller he would have been held in tighter. Which makes this even more horrible to think about.

Noooo... Lol! I think you missed what I said. Stoddard indicated that he DID back in- but he didn't just stop at the line behind him - he continued in reverse over the line behind him into the empty space behind him (which as Stoddard said at that point, in that space benind him, there was a car on either side of him in the space BEHIND his space - but for a moment, his car was in line with those two other cars.) THEN he puts the car into drive and pulls forward back across the divider line to position the car into the space such that the rear bumper is facing what we typically would call the "front" on the parking space.

I struggle with how else to say it. Have you ever backed into a space, a little lop-sided, that also had an empty space behind you - and rather than just straighten out by pulling forward, repostioning the wheel and backing back up - you did the opposite- you backed in- then backed in even FURTHER into the row behind you (assuming that space is also empty) and then reposition and pull forward so that you are back into your space backwards but no longer lop-sided?

BBM. Thank you!! LOL, I knew what he had done but it was like learning to reverse all over again trying to put it into words that made any sense.

I will always love my son, even if he maliciously murders another person. However, he would never get any support from me. I wouldn't try to cover for him or protect him! I would support the family of the victim and the prosecution of my son fully. If I had any evidence to help successfully prosecute him, I would turn it over before I could even be asked! I would still love him, I would visit him in prison, but he would know I was heart broken, disappointed, ashamed and thought he deserved to be in prison.

However, I don't think JRH's parents think he killed their grandchild on purpose at this point. They think it was a terrible accidental memory lapse and that he is suffering emotionally from the guilt of accidentally killing he only child. They may be questioning themselves after hearing the evidence he was sexting underage girls though!

I would hang onto, for dear life, that it was an "accident" until it was proved beyond ALL doubt.
IMO that's what mothers do.
It's called denial. It's normal & natural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that when it comes to his wife, my impression thus far is that she wasn't involved but she kinda knew he was going to try it. One of the thing I have never understood in life, and have had to realign my own thinking around, is how so many women value their "men" over their children. It's simply no contest to me and my husband knows it. But over the years I've seen women who put their children in harms way because they "love" a guy. It just doesn't compute in my little Sheldon mind. I can't figure out how to even understand it. But I'm old enough to realize that many women think this way.

My impression of LH is that she knew he was going to do it. And she's in love with him. If he loved Cooper then she loved Cooper, if he stopped then she stopped. She's by his side. He is the one who matters and Cooper, among many other things in their life are along the way side as soon as RH is over it. So I think she really had an idea he was planning on doing this and yet didn't "quite' know. That's why she said what she said in the day care. Like "he finally did it!" and why she worried about him saying too much in the police station.

Sure, that's why she uttered,"He must have left him in the car!" Noone else's mind raced to that possibility first, and it's why she also looked up hot car deaths.

npr driveway moment?

Okay, I really don't think that's a possibility, but I know that I frequently sit in the car after parking to listen out a story. My kids hate it and protest, usually.
In Ross Harris's case, more likely sexting his private parts rather than listening to NPR.

okay, I think I gotcha. But was there a spot directly behind RH's? I saw that stills yesterday and it didn't look like it to me. Thanks a bunch, Stoddard, for the crystal clear explanation! lol

Lol! I know right? Clear as mud. But I must say I was otherwise VERY impressed with Stoddard and his thoroughness, attention to detail and refusal to let Kilgore corner him into an answer he didn't agree with.

I just read that the smaller seat held him in the seat more tightly. Is it possible the larger seat provided too much wiggle room that he could potentially wriggle free from if given enough time and struggling? Maybe RH feared the larger seat could give Cooper an opportunity to slip out and bang on the window and get people's attention.

Agreed. I don't think the switching of the car seat is coincidental. I don't think that the fact that he strapped him in -in the lowest and tightest position possible is coincidental either.

In his own words " I strapped him in real tight."

In light of the circumstances, I think that was yet another slip of the tongue to the police.

Think about it, when describing the interactions with his son after Chik-Fil-A, he says , " then I strapped him in real tight." I would likely have said " I put him back/strapped him in his car seat" The "real tight" part is an unnecessary addition. It's extra descriptive.

I believe it was a slip of his subconscious. moo.

The following is a video that is going around on Facebook. No, it is not about Cooper Harris however it is something that EVERY SINGLE PARENT NEEDS TO WATCH (IMO). And the poor baby in this video was not left in the car for 7 hours. Think about Cooper when watching this please.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200264008786080

Awww, geez, I wasn't going to watch...but I just did. Sitting here in tears now. I just don't understand HOW anybody can think it is ok to leave a child in a hot car!!! What a horrific death that must be (for those kids that aren't saved). I don't have kids, but that doesn't matter, I have COMMON SENSE! WTF?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE WHO DO THIS??!! I simply for the life of me me can not understand this. I just can't. I know people are busy, life is busy, but c'mon! It's a shame (IMO) we need PSAs such as this to remind parents of their kids, but apparently we do. Thanks for sharing, TorisMom003!

ETA: Since following Cooper's case, I now find myself actively looking inside parked cars at the mall, shopping centers, etc. Guess I should add my job's parking lot to that list, too. SMH. I'm even going so far as to buy one of those window breakers, and I WILL use it if I see a child (or a pet) locked in a hot car. In SC, I think only LE can legally break a window to rescue a child or pet...oh well, if I have to break a window to save a life, guess I'll get arrested and/or sued. Whatever!!!

iirc (and I think that I do), they didn't suddenly change the car seat. They had two. The old one that the child ended up dying in, and a new forward facing car seat. The mother put the forward facer in her car for a trip to Alabama -- presumably because she didn't want that old of a child rear-facing for an entire long car trip, and they never switched the seats back when she returned from the trip.
Yeah, but why not change back when Ross usually took him? Either one of them could have changed to the newer seat that fit.
I can guarantee you that if we didn't have two seats that fit, we definitely would have made a point to change it back.
I'll answer my own question- 3 possibilities:
1) Too cheap to buy another car seat that fit
2) Laziness
3) Part of the premeditation plan.

I just can't tell you how strongly I feel that he "wanted" Cooper to be found by someone else...He wanted to be able to play the victim when his baby was found dead by his own hand. Then he could just play some role he saw in a movie about "grieving father", rather than the "one" who actually found the baby, which would make his bs story harder to corroborate than if he "found" baby Cooper without an audience or by someone else. That's why he made such a scene into the shopping mall parking lot, lots of witnesses for the "grief stricken" father. IMO

ITA. He needed an audience BADLY.
Talk about a major FUBAR. He's probably running the old "could of, should of, would of" loop through his head while sitting in his cell.
How is it that both LH and RH are so devoid of emotion? One I can understand, but both of them? I've experienced, and encountered the situation where one parent is strong to support the other, but this is just weird. These two are like "Just another day".:gaah:
"Soulless", that's all I can come up with.

I just can't believe at a probable cause hearing the prosecution is allowed to present evidence that does not show the context of the conversation. Very unfair.

I do not see how it's unfair. The probable cause hearings also do not contain all the proof that the DA has to convict yet they give enough to show why they are looking into the person. I do not see how what was said ( did you say to much, I dreaded how he would look, and he must have left him in the car) would mesh with any kind of converstation.

Effective July 1st in the State of Tennessee:

HB1943: Tort Liability and Reform - As enacted, confers civil immunity upon a person who forcibly enters a motor vehicle for purpose of removing a minor locked or trapped inside the vehicle if the person has good faith belief that the minor is in imminent danger of suffering harm if not immediately removed. - Amends TCA Title 29, Chapter 34, Part 2.

http://www.myspartanews.com/articles/2014/06/30/news/doc53b14e07f3246742118943.txt

If I have read this correctly and understand the meaning, that now, If you see a child in a car that you think is in danger such as overheating, that we can bust a window out of the car, to remove the child and not be prosecuted for it.

Agreed. I don't think the switching of the car seat is coincidental. I don't think that the fact that he strapped him in -in the lowest and tightest position possible is coincidental either.

In his own words " I strapped him in real tight."

In light of the circumstances, I think that was yet another slip of the tongue to the police.

Think about it, when describing the interactions with his son after Chik-Fil-A, he says , " then I strapped him in real tight." I would likely have said " I put him back/strapped him in his car seat" The "real tight" part is an unnecessary addition. It's extra descriptive.

I believe it was a slip of his subconscious. moo.

Exactly, sort of like the IMO TMI provided about the kiss and how its RH habit to kiss Cooper whenever he straps him in in case of accident and Cooper DIES he would remember that daddy loves him. Is extra unneeded info and yet like the strapping in tightly info RH was compelled to add it.

Try linking the url in another browser. Maybe that will help?

Nope, it takes me to the Facebook sign in page. I have only a fake Facebook page so it can view stuff like this...but for the life of me I can't remember my password:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those just jumping into this thread, "Probable Cause Hearing, Part 1" to get you up to speed:
[video=youtube;I9u--A2TwZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u--A2TwZg[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member