GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation on my part, but I think he was talking to Cooper during those 30 seconds after he parked, and before he exited the vehicle in the HD parking lot. Perhaps telling him Daddy would be right back in a minute. Keeping Cooper calm, and heading off a loud crying and pleading "Daddy, come back!" episode that could be heard by passers by. And that's why RH paused when walking away, and the other person passed him. He was pausing to hear if Cooper was crying, and if the passer by noticed. JMO.

I also think it's possible RH was already texting with one of his GF's-- though prolly not the explicit pics yet. Now wouldn't THAT be an interesting defense angle, since the texting has come out-- RH was so distracted texting with his GF's that he plumb forgot little Cooper. Poor, distracted Ross.....

MOOOOOOO.

BBM -- exactly my thoughts.

** I think the person passing him was after he had thrown the lightbulbs in the car & was walking back in after lunch... or was there another person in the morning that I missed?

I am bawling.

I'll be sharing this on my own FB, too. Thank you so much!

Thank you Lovejac. I have asked my friends to share it as well. I have watched it three times now and cried all three times. To think that Cooper was experiencing the same thing is heartbreaking. Parents have to realize that it is NEVER ok to leave their child in a car, no matter how "quick" they will be. And if a parent can't remember that they have their child in the car with them, then YES they need to be prosecuted when their child is injured or dies because of it. Enough is enough. Children have to be our number one priority. Screw the phone calls, the work projects, the plans with friends, whatever the "excuse" is. OUR CHILDREN SHOULD COME FIRST.

MOO

Pure speculation on my part, but I think he was talking to Cooper during those 30 seconds after he parked, and before he exited the vehicle in the HD parking lot. Perhaps telling him Daddy would be right back in a minute. Keeping Cooper calm, and heading off a loud crying and pleading "Daddy, come back!" episode that could be heard by passers by. And that's why RH paused when walking away, and the other person passed him. He was pausing to hear if Cooper was crying, and if the passer by noticed. JMO.

I also think it's possible RH was already texting with one of his GF's-- though prolly not the explicit pics yet. Now wouldn't THAT be an interesting defense angle, since the texting has come out-- RH was so distracted texting with his GF's that he plumb forgot little Cooper. Poor, distracted Ross.....

MOOOOOOO.

Gawd that's disgusting. Turns my stomach. Can't even wrap my head around that.

I am right there with you and Chewy.

Caylee Anthony's murder is what brought me to WS. When that whole ordeal was going on I sat my daughters down and had a talk with them. Now they both know that I would do everything in my power to protect them and keep them safe. However, if they EVER did anything like that they would be better off in prison where I couldn't get my hands on them. To murder your own flesh and blood, hell no. I would NOT stand beside them. I would NOT make excuses for them. And I sure as hell would NOT fight anyone that was prosecuting them for their crimes. Same goes for murdering anyone else, other than the case of self defense. BOTH told me they already knew that, I didn't have to tell them.

What ticks me off about parents that defend their children (adult or otherwise) and tries to cover for them or say that they don't want their child to be put to death, if anyone had done the same to their child those parents would the ones screaming the loudest for the murderer to be punished to the max. I have seen it to often. And it makes me sick. It is past time that we (in general) let our children (grown or otherwise) know that they are to be held accountable for their crimes. Period.

MOO

I will always love my son, even if he maliciously murders another person. However, he would never get any support from me. I wouldn't try to cover for him or protect him! I would support the family of the victim and the prosecution of my son fully. If I had any evidence to help successfully prosecute him, I would turn it over before I could even be asked! I would still love him, I would visit him in prison, but he would know I was heart broken, disappointed, ashamed and thought he deserved to be in prison.

However, I don't think JRH's parents think he killed their grandchild on purpose at this point. They think it was a terrible accidental memory lapse and that he is suffering emotionally from the guilt of accidentally killing he only child. They may be questioning themselves after hearing the evidence he was sexting underage girls though!

MOOOOOOO.

Except.......this part doesn't work. "And that's why RH paused when walking away, and the other person passed him. He was pausing to hear if Cooper was crying, and if the passer by noticed."

That didn't happen when he parked that morning. It happened after he put the lightbulbs in the car.

** I think the person passing him was after he had thrown the lightbulbs in the car & was walking back in after lunch... or was there another person in the morning that I missed?

I thought it was the morning, but maybe I'm wrong, and it was lunchtime. Either way, the "pause" is suspicious, IMO.

Gawd that's disgusting. Turns my stomach. Can't even wrap my head around that.

How would that defense help him though? Wouldn't it make it more likely he'd get convicted of the 2nd degree child cruelty if they proved the reason he forgot Cooper was because he was busy sexting an underage girl. It's like the woman whose two children drowned in the pool in my area while their mother, who had meth and heroin in system, slept on the couch. He was too busy doing something else illegal to remember to care for his child. Not going to help him!

If I were the prosecutor this would be how I ended my closing arguments. I'd just stop and ask everyone to sit quietly for 30 seconds. People don't really realize how long it actually is.

Or how short 6 inches is

For me, it's the fact that he drove right past a spot and went back to that spot and backed in.

Not sure why everyone seems to think he backed into his space? Here's what Stoddard said about the parking (bbm):

STODDARD: When he pulls from the parking lot he pulls past the space. After he pulls past the space he goes into reverse and he backs up and when he backs up he backs up in between two cars that were parked in the row behind him and then he pulls forward into the parking space.

About that person passing by towards his car during lunch..... I think RH hesitated because he was worried that person would be able to smell the odor from when RH had the car door open. jmo

Not sure why everyone seems to think he backed into his space? Here's what Stoddard said about the parking (bbm):

STODDARD: When he pulls from the parking lot he pulls past the space. After he pulls past the space he goes into reverse and he backs up and when he backs up he backs up in between two cars that were parked in the row behind him and then he pulls forward into the parking space.
Because LE did a re-enactment yesterday and they parked his car exactly the same way. It was backed in.

The comment,"Did you say too much?"

About what?

He had nothing to say too much about--- if it was an accident. I don't know if I am being clear here, but an accident would have facts that indicate what happened. The truth.

But, if it was planned, then he could have said too much. She is trying to ascertain how things got screwed up and he was arrested.

I think they talked about how he would look when he died. They also talked about how long it would take. I mean they did this earlier, not at the police station.

It appears that she is attached to her phone.

Why did she not answer his question of when she was going to pick up his buddy?

They feel totally justified in killing him. He is in a better place , according to them. They are angels of mercy in their own demented, arrogant minds

How would that defense help him though? Wouldn't it make it more likely he'd get convicted of the 2nd degree child cruelty if they proved the reason he forgot Cooper was because he was busy sexting an underage girl. It's like the woman whose two children drowned in the pool in my area while their mother, who had meth and heroin in system, slept on the couch. He was too busy doing something else illegal to remember to care for his child. Not going to help him!

I would think it would help him a bunch - if it means the diff between 2nd degree and death penalty!

Hi all...I apologize if I am OT because I have not read most of the posts in this thread yet.

I have been thinking a lot about the premeditation aspect and I just cannot see the why of it. I know parents may kill kids accidentally, in the heat of the moment, or with premeditation. But this case bothers me from the premeditation angle because if that's what they did they bungled it so! I have come to see another possible reason for their looking up how hot it needs to be or how long it takes for a child to die in a car. Especially if BOTH parents looked this up, each on their own.

My theory is this: RH had left Cooper in the car prior to that day. He may have done it only once previously but I think he could have done it more than once. He was okay because either the weather wasn't so sweltering or he was left only a short time before he remembered him. But they could have researched the issue based on such a "close call." That could also be why LH remarked, "Ross must have left him in the car." That statement sounds damning because of LH's reported demeanor when she said it: calm and not disturbed/bothered/worried. She may have been calm because she expected Cooper to be okay like he was the last time(s) he was left in the car. It also makes a bit of sense out of their claims that they were afraid this could happen.

This is all just a theory of mine, so please no one repeat this as fact. I have just been trying so hard to make sense of all this and based on the evidence that I know about, RH is a creep and as such not a good dad or husband. And certainly he was negligent at the very least. I think the state is right to prosecute and I hope he is convicted because there is no excuse for his actions on that fateful day. His "other activities" clearly took priority over properly caring for his son and because of that, the boy is dead! And if he had actually left Cooper in the car on any day prior to the day he died, his doing it again after a "close call" is even more unforgivable. It cannot be chalked up to an accident if it is something that occurred even once before, let alone more than once because it stands to reason that ANY parent who had such a close call would become even more vigilant and would without fail check and recheck before walking away from their vehicle. It's similar to the way a person who has once or twice left their house keys in the lock makes it a habit to check and recheck for that.

I wonder if the day care keeps records of attendance and if they might show that Cooper was not there on one or more days when he should have been, i.e., both parents were at work.

Again...all IMO.

I listened live and did a total HUH?! Whe he testified that. And then I realized what he was saying was he still ended up backwards in the parking space - but to do so, he first OVER-parked - meaning he backed into the space and then continued to drive in reverse into the space behind him, as if to straighten out, then put it back into drive and pulled forward into the space - but parked rear bumper first. At least that is how I analyzed what he said. He was not very clear about it however.

Because LE did a re-enactment yesterday and they parked his car exactly the same way. It was backed in.

I think we're talking about two different things then. One being literally "backing in" to the spot - meaning putting the car in reverse and "backing it up" into the spot so that the nose of the car winds up facing the driving lane v. ending up in that same position by pulling the car through the spot while driving forward. The car winds up in the same position, but gets there two different ways -- one driving forward and one driving in reverse.

I saw the re-enactment photos, but they were only stills. Is there a video where they show the vehicle being backed up into the spot, or just stills showing how it ended up?

I listened live and did a total HUH?! Whe he testified that. And then I realized what he was saying was he still ended up backwards in the parking space - but to do so, he first OVER-parked - meaning he backed into the space and then continued to drive in reverse into the space behind him, as if to straighten out, then put it back into drive and pulled forward into the space - but parked rear bumper first. At least that is how I analyzed what he said. He was not very clear about it however.

Yes. I think that's exactly it. He did not back in, but did wind up with the nose of the vehicle facing the driving lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8