GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about this since I read about it. "Did you say too much?" It may indicate some kind of collusion, or it may simply be an honest question. There is a pretty big population of people who have been saturated with crime and true crime shows-it would be natural to wonder what biodad had said to get himself into custody. So it might have been an innocent inquiry. My personal belief is that LE is applying pressure to her via the media and the online community. And if she has info material to the case, she should absolutely cough it up in the interest of justice for her son. I think this is a common position that many of us take in a case like this-if she is innocent of participating in this crime than she should by all means choose her son over her husband. JMVHO.

On the other hand, if she has information that might incriminate herself in some way, it seems likely that she will be reluctant to make any further statements whatsoever...I am not speaking about the media, but to investigators. Has she refused to cooperate further?

I find biomom's behavior puzzling, but more like she is underwater or medicated. I still think there are explanations for her behavior that can be attributed to something other than collusion. Maybe I am just holding out hope that Cooper wasn't victimized by both parents. :(

I dont know for sure obviously, but I am leaning toward collusion. Her comments and behaviors are just beyond bizarre but more importantly seem to point to prior knowledge.

If "Did you say too much?" is not bad enough, there is also " Ross left him in the car".This is what she said immediately upon finding out from the daycare people that Cooper was never dropped off at daycare. She said this before she was even notified that Cooper was dead. The daycare staff were trying to console her, and were confused by her assessment that-this is why Cooper was not at daycare when she arrived to pick him up. In response to their confused reactions as to why she would jump to that conclusion---she adamantly said "No", as in she was sure that this was the reason and it couldn't be anything else.

Why? Why would her mind go directly there. Its SO odd and I believe really incriminating. Now add her utter lack of emotion, that her own Mother was flabbergasted by, upon finding out that Cooper was dead. Add her further lack of any emotion whatsoever in that courtroom as investigators described how horrifically Cooper died... and the 25,000 dollar life insurance policy taken out on that baby, and I think she is involved.

That is just my gut from what is known so far. It's just too much and difficult to explain any of the above comments and actions by her away. And I don't believe for a second that it is about grieving in her own way. She looks incredibly guilty.

I care about the details also. It matters to me to get the little things right. I wonder how the car seat was actually installed on the seat. I am curious if it gets to court how the seat was installed and how it was used. I am sure there will be pictures of it. It will speak loudly to me.

I wonder who drove the child the most?

Stoddard testified the seat was positioned to the center - so I could have been seen by either passenger or driver. He also testified that while JH was the primary driver of Cooper in the mornings, the evening pickup duty was split between the two almost 50%

Of course it is possible that Harris had to park in another parking space other than the one he usually did because he was late for work. However, all of the other facts need to be looked at as well. Such as, WHY was he late for work? If he was already late for work, then WHY the stop by Chick-Fil-A? WHY did Harris drive past an empty parking spot to go to the spot that he ultimately parked in? It has been stated that Harris and Cooper were awake and watching cartoons before leaving to go to Chick-Fil-A. If there was time enough for that, then there was time enough for Harris to arrive at work on time (IMO). If Harris just had to have CFA that morning, and he was already late, why not just use the drive through instead of spending 20 minutes inside to eat? And why did Harris leave work 44-45 minutes early to go see a movie with his buddies at 5 pm?

When you look at everything that Harris did as far as his parking choice, his arrival time, his departure time, etc it points to Harris wanting as little contact by other people with his car as possible (IMO).

MOO

Bingo! I've been thinking the same thing too.

Like I said, I need all of the facts. I will never understand those who don't.

Neither will I. People seem to resent defense attorney's, until they need them. Those who do apparently hate our system of justice and while wrapping themselves in the flag and banging the constitution on the table, clearly have not read the constitution....Also, that first hearing was a bind-over hearing to find probable cause to proceed to criminal court and set bond or release the defendant. Discovery is a part of the process that comes later, where both prosecution and defense show their evidence. Stay tuned. JMO

Excellent post!!!:clap::clap::clap: I totally agree- my love for my daughter is CONDITIONAL- you murder somebody, you lose that love!

I am right there with you and Chewy.

Caylee Anthony's murder is what brought me to WS. When that whole ordeal was going on I sat my daughters down and had a talk with them. Now they both know that I would do everything in my power to protect them and keep them safe. However, if they EVER did anything like that they would be better off in prison where I couldn't get my hands on them. To murder your own flesh and blood, hell no. I would NOT stand beside them. I would NOT make excuses for them. And I sure as hell would NOT fight anyone that was prosecuting them for their crimes. Same goes for murdering anyone else, other than the case of self defense. BOTH told me they already knew that, I didn't have to tell them.

What ticks me off about parents that defend their children (adult or otherwise) and tries to cover for them or say that they don't want their child to be put to death, if anyone had done the same to their child those parents would the ones screaming the loudest for the murderer to be punished to the max. I have seen it to often. And it makes me sick. It is past time that we (in general) let our children (grown or otherwise) know that they are to be held accountable for their crimes. Period.

MOO

I dont know for sure obviously, but I am leaning toward collusion. Her comments and behaviors are just beyond bizarre but more importantly seem to point to prior knowledge.

If "Did you say too much?" is not bad enough, there is also " Ross left him in the car".This is what she said immediately upon finding out from the daycare people that Cooper was never dropped off at daycare. She said this before she was even notified that Cooper was dead. The daycare staff were trying to console her, and were confused by her assessment that-this is why Cooper was not at daycare when she arrived to pick him up. In response to their confused reactions as to why she would jump to that conclusion---she adamantly said "No", as in she was sure that this was the reason and it couldn't be anything else.

Why? Why would her mind go directly there. Its SO odd and I believe really incriminating. Now add her utter lack of emotion, that her own Mother was flabbergasted by, upon finding out that Cooper was dead. Add her further lack of any emotion whatsoever in that courtroom as investigators described how horrifically Cooper died... and the 25,000 dollar life insurance policy taken out on that baby, and I think she is involved.

That is just my gut from what is known so far. It's just too much and difficult to explain any of the above comments and actions by her away. And I don't believe for a second that it is about grieving in her own way. She looks incredibly guilty.

My short list of what bothers me about this woman's reaction or lack thereof:

Shows at daycare approx. 4:45 or so and upon finding out her son is not there,

makes the comment "Ross must have left him in the car.

Wants to see her husband once finding out her son is deceased.

Meets with husband at police station and makes the comment to husband "did you say too much"?

At funeral stated she would not want son back in this selfish world even if she could.

At funeral, made a "happy" list of things she is glad her son will not go through now that he is dead.

RH is on the phone sobbing during the funeral and she states "Ross, I'm doing this for you". Standing ovation initiated.

General demeanor is devoid of all emotion. Chewing gum in court. No emotion.

It is blatantly obvious he left the child in the car. And there are behaviors that point to him planning Cooper's death. However, after thinking about the evidence that came in at the hearing, I can't say it was premeditated, yet.

We sure do see the world differently. I need all facts before I make a decision and I could never advocate for the killing of my child.
I get this. I hear you. Right Now I am torn with he decided to do this on his own that morning, And he had help from wife.
With the evidence of him going back to the car at lunch pausing in the car and turning his head ( on video) then getting back out walking to work and pausing when someone was approaching his car, That is evidence to me he know that Cooper was dead in the car.

I have to wonder if he ever went out to his car at lunch on other days. Did he often buy things on his lunch hour?
I think the more then delve into this the more evidence will point to this being a premeditated act. We have to remember premeditation can take minutes.

I still want to believe it was a mistake but everything I have seen so far points to the opposite direction of that.

Short list of what bothers me about RH:

Reaches over to front of passenger seat in car to retrieve computer case. (child unnoticed and leaves infant in hot car).

Goes into office and proceeds to begin illicit texting (sexting).

Does suspicious searches on hot car deaths both for people and animals.

Searches on "child free" life.

Searches on "death".

Searches on "how to survive in prison".

Visits car at lunch time to put item purchased at Home Depot in it. Still doesn't see the child. (Remembers to buy lightbulbs, but forgets his child). Also forgets to report his trip to the car at lunch to police.

Works a 6 to 7 hour day, calls friends to say he will be late for the movies yet leaves early to go to the car.

Drives out of work parking lot with windows fully closed and leaves with deceased child in it.

Gets 3 phone calls dialed yet claims he never made a call.

Changed car seat from forward facing to rear facing in the last few weeks.

Forgot Cooper was in vehicle in less than 1 minute (amount of time it would take to get to the intersection to determine if he should go to work or go to the daycare).

Instructs family members on how to collect on insurance policies taken out on Cooper from jail.

Stoddard testified the seat was positioned to the center - so I could have been seen by either passenger or driver. He also testified that while JH was the primary driver of Cooper in the mornings, the evening pickup duty was split between the two almost 50%

That is not what I mean. I want to know how it was installed in the car, With LATCH? with Seat belt? Through the proper guides? Was it in a base? or directly on the seat.

Yeah, but Ross could have easily put back the proper fitting forward-facing seat. I think it fit in with his plans to keep Cooper in the ill-fitting rear-facing infant seat. Easier to claim you didn't see him, easier to forget. Scrunch him down tighter.

Yes yes- totally agree. I'm sure that will come out in court.

The reason I threw that out there is that part of me waffles on Leanna's potential involvement. What if she knew JH was distracted with sexting in the mornings? What if she was the one who changed the seats? All just a big if. Less likely I know, but I am trying to keep my thinking open in the even more shocking details come out about her.

The toddler who died in his father's hot SUV in the US last month had been switched out of his forward-facing new car seat weeks before his death.

I mean, they switched the car seat a couple weeks before Cooper was left in the car. They switched from a larger forward facing car seat to a smaller rear facing one. He also strapped him in at the tightened it in it's lowest position.

Yet another piece of evidence that will complete the premeditation puzzle.

SICK. SICK. SICK.

Why suddenly change his car seat? Why?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/24411519/seat-switch-before-toddler-died-in-hot-car/

I get this. I hear you. Right Now I am torn with he decided to do this on his own that morning, And he had help from wife.
With the evidence of him going back to the car at lunch pausing in the car and turning his head ( on video) then getting back out walking to work and pausing when someone was approaching his car, That is evidence to me he know that Cooper was dead in the car.

I have to wonder if he ever went out to his car at lunch on other days. Did he often buy things on his lunch hour?
I think the more then delve into this the more evidence will point to this being a premeditated act. We have to remember premeditation can take minutes.

I still want to believe it was a mistake but everything I have seen so far points to the opposite direction of that.

What was really interesting (for me) about that hearing, is they gave us SO much information, but left out the most important parts! I am only assuming that all the questions you mention above, plus car seat information, phone calls, etc will come out at trial.

I feel like I was given enough information to know he is guilty of what he sits for, but can't be totally sure if it's premeditated. I feel it is in my heart, but I can't say the evidence points to that without a reasonable doubt for a jury. I'm sure they will have more at trial, but maybe they are happy to go with these charges to avoid a Casey Anthony situation?

That is not what I mean. I want to know how it was installed in the car, With LATCH? with Seat belt? Through the proper guides? Was it in a base? or directly on the seat.

Oooooohhhh. Gotcha. Sorry for misreading. Yes, I would like to know that as well

30 seconds....

Aside from where & how the car seat was positioned & how easy it was for RH to "notice" CH during turns and reversing, how long the drive was from CFA to HD...

There are STILL the 30 seconds that RH was in the car after parking and before getting out. If CH fell asleep that quickly on that short drive after being so lively at CFA, it would not have been a deep sleep.

30 seconds is a long time to sit in a car after parking -- to just sit there. It doesn't take 30 seconds to take your key out of the ignition and grab your work bag from the floor of the car.

I think this is something that could work for the prosecution during trial. Just have everyone sit there for 30 seconds. If the car was silent, no one can convince me that CH did not move or stir or make the smallest noise -- if he was asleep, RH should have heard him breathing deeply (again, I doubt CH would have been sleeping that soundly that fast).

What was going on in that car? This was RH's chance to change his mind and take CH to LAA, but he didn't.

Those 30 seconds really stand out to me in the whole "accident vs premeditation" argument.

There is a carseat thread before this gets going in that direction, again.

Okay, so with all of these cases where the duck seems to be quacking like a duck, we always get the talking heads who say people grieve differently. Okay...

So how come in all my years I have NEVER seen any one grieve in any way OTHER than exactly how I expected them to, given the circumstances. Has never happened. The only time it seems to happen is when some defense lawyer is looking for a way to get reasonable doubt. They keep saying people grieve differently but I argue that I generally have observed otherwise. Especially with ducks.

We had people around here claiming CA was in shock/grieving differently when she rented movies with her boyfriend, partied and got a tattoo.

What I'd like to know is if he was in the habit of removing it from the base still.

I think that when it comes to his wife, my impression thus far is that she wasn't involved but she kinda knew he was going to try it. One of the thing I have never understood in life, and have had to realign my own thinking around, is how so many women value their "men" over their children. It's simply no contest to me and my husband knows it. But over the years I've seen women who put their children in harms way because they "love" a guy. It just doesn't compute in my little Sheldon mind. I can't figure out how to even understand it. But I'm old enough to realize that many women think this way.

My impression of LH is that she knew he was going to do it. And she's in love with him. If he loved Cooper then she loved Cooper, if he stopped then she stopped. She's by his side. He is the one who matters and Cooper, among many other things in their life are along the way side as soon as RH is over it. So I think she really had an idea he was planning on doing this and yet didn't "quite' know. That's why she said what she said in the day care. Like "he finally did it!" and why she worried about him saying too much in the police station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8