GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short list of what bothers me about RH:

Reaches over to front of passenger seat in car to retrieve computer case. (child unnoticed and leaves infant in hot car).

Goes into office and proceeds to begin illicit texting (sexting).

Does suspicious searches on hot car deaths both for people and animals.

Searches on "child free" life.

Searches on "death".

Searches on "how to survive in prison".

Visits car at lunch time to put item purchased at Home Depot in it. Still doesn't see the child. (Remembers to buy lightbulbs, but forgets his child). Also forgets to report his trip to the car at lunch to police.

Works a 6 to 7 hour day, calls friends to say he will be late for the movies yet leaves early to go to the car.

Drives out of work parking lot with windows fully closed and leaves with deceased child in it.

Gets 3 phone calls dialed yet claims he never made a call.

Changed car seat from forward facing to rear facing in the last few weeks.

Forgot Cooper was in vehicle in less than 1 minute (amount of time it would take to get to the intersection to determine if he should go to work or go to the daycare).

Instructs family members on how to collect on insurance policies taken out on Cooper from jail.

Don't forget:

Forgets to tell police he is deaf in the ear closest the child!!

IF he were innocent and it were an innocent mistake and he honestly couldn't hear Cooper, that would have been one of the FIRST things he's say.

30 seconds....

Aside from where & how the car seat was positioned & how easy it was for RH to "notice" CH during turns and reversing, how long the drive was from CFA to HD...

There are STILL the 30 seconds that RH was in the car after parking and before getting out. If CH fell asleep that quickly on that short drive after being so lively at CFA, it would not have been a deep sleep.

30 seconds is a long time to sit in a car after parking -- to just sit there. It doesn't take 30 seconds to take your key out of the ignition and grab your work bag from the floor of the car.

I think this is something that could work for the prosecution during trial. Just have everyone sit there for 30 seconds. If the car was silent, no one can convince me that CH did not move or stir or make the smallest noise -- if he was asleep, RH should have heard him breathing deeply (again, I doubt CH would have been sleeping that soundly that fast).

What was going on in that car? This was RH's chance to change his mind and take CH to LAA, but he didn't.

Those 30 seconds really stand out to me in the whole "accident vs premeditation" argument.

npr driveway moment?

Okay, I really don't think that's a possibility, but I know that I frequently sit in the car after parking to listen out a story. My kids hate it and protest, usually.

I mean, they switched the car seat a couple weeks before Cooper was left in the car. They switched from a larger forward facing car seat to a smaller rear facing one. He also strapped him in at the tightened it in it's lowest position.

Yet another piece of evidence that will complete the premeditation puzzle.

SICK. SICK. SICK.

Why suddenly change his car seat? Why?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/24411519/seat-switch-before-toddler-died-in-hot-car/

iirc (and I think that I do), they didn't suddenly change the car seat. They had two. The old one that the child ended up dying in, and a new forward facing car seat. The mother put the forward facer in her car for a trip to Alabama -- presumably because she didn't want that old of a child rear-facing for an entire long car trip, and they never switched the seats back when she returned from the trip.

npr driveway moment?

Okay, I really don't think that's a possibility, but I know that I frequently sit in the car after parking to listen out a story. My kids hate it and protest, usually.

Perhaps, but a 22 month old just sitting for 30 seconds just 2-3 minutes after walking & talking and finishing breakfast is not likely to sit quietly for that long after the car has been parked.

I think that when it comes to his wife, my impression thus far is that she wasn't involved but she kinda knew he was going to try it. One of the thing I have never understood in life, and have had to realign my own thinking around, is how so many women value their "men" over their children. It's simply no contest to me and my husband knows it. But over the years I've seen women who put their children in harms way because they "love" a guy. It just doesn't compute in my little Sheldon mind. I can't figure out how to even understand it. But I'm old enough to realize that many women think this way.

My impression of LH is that she knew he was going to do it. And she's in love with him. If he loved Cooper then she loved Cooper, if he stopped then she stopped. She's by his side. He is the one who matters and Cooper, among many other things in their life are along the way side as soon as RH is over it. So I think she really had an idea he was planning on doing this and yet didn't "quite' know. That's why she said what she said in the day care. Like "he finally did it!" and why she worried about him saying too much in the police station.

Very perceptive. I felt this but could not put words to it. I think you are right at the very least about that part. I feel a complete lack of maternal bonding on her part. Smiling in a photo with a child is not enough to display bonding. We all know that from "She Who Will Not Be Named". But her actions and words this whole time depict a young woman who does not seem to have a well formed bond with her child. It seemed very detached.

30 seconds....

Aside from where & how the car seat was positioned & how easy it was for RH to "notice" CH during turns and reversing, how long the drive was from CFA to HD...

There are STILL the 30 seconds that RH was in the car after parking and before getting out. If CH fell asleep that quickly on that short drive after being so lively at CFA, it would not have been a deep sleep.

30 seconds is a long time to sit in a car after parking -- to just sit there. It doesn't take 30 seconds to take your key out of the ignition and grab your work bag from the floor of the car.

I think this is something that could work for the prosecution during trial. Just have everyone sit there for 30 seconds. If the car was silent, no one can convince me that CH did not move or stir or make the smallest noise -- if he was asleep, RH should have heard him breathing deeply (again, I doubt CH would have been sleeping that soundly that fast).

What was going on in that car? This was RH's chance to change his mind and take CH to LAA, but he didn't.

Those 30 seconds really stand out to me in the whole "accident vs premeditation" argument.

If I were the prosecutor this would be how I ended my closing arguments. I'd just stop and ask everyone to sit quietly for 30 seconds. People don't really realize how long it actually is.

iirc (and I think that I do), they didn't suddenly change the car seat. They had two. The old one that the child ended up dying in, and a new forward facing car seat. The mother put the forward facer in her car for a trip to Alabama -- presumably because she didn't want that old of a child rear-facing for an entire long car trip, and they never switched the seats back when she returned from the trip.

I have read the opposite. That they switched the car seat from the larger forward facing car seat to the smaller rear facing car seat 2 weeks before Cooper was murdered.

The police have always said Cooper was a bit large for the car seat that he died in.

I do not think it was an innocent switch at all.

I think "rear facing" in Ross' mind = It is more believable to the police that I did not notice him because he was not facing me.

Why switch him to a car seat that he no longer adequately fits in?

They switched Cooper from using a new and larger car seat to an old seat that was smaller.

Perhaps, but a 22 month old just sitting for 30 seconds just 2-3 minutes after walking & talking and finishing breakfast is not likely to sit quietly for that long after the car has been parked.

Totally agree. I do think there's a chance he was asleep, but not huge. My dd would go out in an instant in the car if it coincided with a full belly and mid morning nap time.

I'm sure he was making noise. Even sleeping babies can be heard in the stillness of a parked car.

Just jumping in not off any particular post but I've seen posters commenting about his 6-7 hour work day. As the wife of an IT director and who's been in IT for over 20 years, I can tell you they typically have very loose hours because they are literally on call 24/7. They often work a lot from home during off hours (and we've even lost my hubby in the Caribbean due to a crisis for days...he was stuck on his laptop in the condo). So him strolling in late and leaving early doesn't mean anything to me, however, everything else sure does!!!!!!! I am not on the fence! I think without a doubt this was murder. And him sitting in the car for 30 seconds is a long time. Just sit for 30 seconds and feel how long it really feels!!!! I can hardly begin to imagine what that sweet baby went through. (shivers)

30 seconds... he could've been listening to the end of a song. Putting up one of those windshield sun visors. Texting. Finishing his CFA coffee.... what else?

I have read the opposite. That they switched the car seat from the larger forward facing car seat to the smaller rear facing car seat 2 weeks before Cooper was murdered.

The police have always said Cooper was a bit large for the car seat that he died in.

I do not think it was an innocent switch at all.

I think "rear facing" in Ross' mind = It is more believable to the police that I did not notice him because he was not facing me.

Why switch him to a car seat that he no longer adequately fits in?

They switched Cooper from using a new and larger car seat to an old seat that was smaller.

Detective Stoddard testified the larger seat had been purchased several months prior. The larger seat was placed in the mothers car for her trip (as Karmady says) and he also testified that switch took place three weeks prior to the death. What I do not know is the date of LH trip. But it is implied that would be the se time frame that the seats were switched. I think JH intentionally did not switch them back when he otherwise would have. That could show just how long he had planned this.

I think that when it comes to his wife, my impression thus far is that she wasn't involved but she kinda knew he was going to try it. One of the thing I have never understood in life, and have had to realign my own thinking around, is how so many women value their "men" over their children. It's simply no contest to me and my husband knows it. But over the years I've seen women who put their children in harms way because they "love" a guy. It just doesn't compute in my little Sheldon mind. I can't figure out how to even understand it. But I'm old enough to realize that many women think this way.

My impression of LH is that she knew he was going to do it. And she's in love with him. If he loved Cooper then she loved Cooper, if he stopped then she stopped. She's by his side. He is the one who matters and Cooper, among many other things in their life are along the way side as soon as RH is over it. So I think she really had an idea he was planning on doing this and yet didn't "quite' know. That's why she said what she said in the day care. Like "he finally did it!" and why she worried about him saying too much in the police station.
Possible, but I get the impression she isn't IN love with anyone. She seems so cold. She may be happy to be rid of them both and is probably surprised anyone is thinking she was involved. But, like my name says, who knew?

The following is a video that is going around on Facebook. No, it is not about Cooper Harris however it is something that EVERY SINGLE PARENT NEEDS TO WATCH (IMO). And the poor baby in this video was not left in the car for 7 hours. Think about Cooper when watching this please.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200264008786080

I am bawling.

I'll be sharing this on my own FB, too. Thank you so much!

30 seconds....

If I were the prosecutor this would be how I ended my closing arguments. I'd just stop and ask everyone to sit quietly for 30 seconds. People don't really realize how long it actually is.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think he was talking to Cooper during those 30 seconds after he parked, and before he exited the vehicle in the HD parking lot. Perhaps telling him Daddy would be right back in a minute. Keeping Cooper calm, and heading off a loud crying and pleading "Daddy, come back!" episode that could be heard by passers by. And that's why RH paused when walking away, and the other person passed him. He was pausing to hear if Cooper was crying, and if the passer by noticed. JMO.

I also think it's possible RH was already texting with one of his GF's-- though prolly not the explicit pics yet. Now wouldn't THAT be an interesting defense angle, since the texting has come out-- RH was so distracted texting with his GF's that he plumb forgot little Cooper. Poor, distracted Ross.....

MOOOOOOO.

For me, it's the fact that he drove right past a spot and went back to that spot and backed in.

It was on the same side as his "bad ear." He didn't see it the first time. :eyeroll:

30 seconds... he could've been listening to the end of a song. Putting up one of those windshield sun visors. Texting. Finishing his CFA coffee.... what else?

Noticing his child (who he typically drops off every morning) was still in the car. 30 seconds of opportunity to hear CH, to see CH. If he was in his routine and it was a normal morning like he claimed it to be, any one of those things you mentioned would have been interrupted by the realization that, "Oh crap, I forgot to drop off Cooper.

30 seconds is a long time to do any of those "normal routine" things and not notice something so obviously out of routine still sitting in your car -- especially one that can move, breathe, and talk.

IMO

I don't know...if I sat quietly for 30 seconds and realized I couldn't hear the person next to me moving or breathing, it might have the opposite effect on me.

I think RH very well could have spent those 30 seconds steeling himself to get out of the car and leave his son their to die, but there are just too many other possible explanations (e.g., waiting for a song, interview, weather report (!!!), or news story on the radio; checking his computer bag to make sure he had brought something).

During a probable cause hearing Thursday, Cobb County Police Det. Phil Stoddard testified Cooper was “several inches” too big for the rear-facing child seat in which he perished June 18 after being locked inside his father’s Hyundai Tucson for more than seven hours. Harris, who claims he mistakenly left his son inside the sweltering SUV, is being held without bond in Cobb jail, charged with felony murder and second-degree cruelty to children.

According to Stoddard, the boy’s parents had purchased a new, forward-facing child seat six weeks ago but, just a few weeks before his death, they switched back to his old seat for reasons not made clear.

“Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it,” the warrants state. “When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-...s-health-car-seat-focus-of-new-warrant/ngZty/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper