GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but why not change back when Ross usually took him? Either one of them could have changed to the newer seat that fit.
I can guarantee you that if we didn't have two seats that fit, we definitely would have made a point to change it back.
I'll answer my own question- 3 possibilities:
1) Too cheap to buy another car seat that fit
2) Laziness
3) Part of the premeditation plan.

I agree. But, to get to this part of the question, you have to first get past the idea that they switched the car seats on purpose so they could kill him, in the first place. That's what I understood the OP to be saying and that's where the trip to Alabama and switching the seat for that reason comes in. Stoddard testified about that and must have confirmed the trip, etc. That was my only point :)

I posted in another thread about RH's work hours....Did he go in to work later the day Cooper died so he wouldn’t run the risk of his co-workers walking past his car – in other words dodge the parking lot foot traffic? This may have already been discussed - just so much to catch up to.

As was mentioned earlier, there really was no risk. The plan would either run its course, or fail. If a co-worker caught the baby in the car, JRH would've simply started his story about forgetting the baby a little bit early.

The following is a video that is going around on Facebook. No, it is not about Cooper Harris however it is something that EVERY SINGLE PARENT NEEDS TO WATCH (IMO). And the poor baby in this video was not left in the car for 7 hours. Think about Cooper when watching this please.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200264008786080

Thank-you for sharing. I was just coming here to post this. It needs to be played in movie theaters, and a short version for tv commercials. It needs to reach the masses.

Awww, geez, I wasn't going to watch...but I just did. Sitting here in tears now. I just don't understand HOW anybody can think it is ok to leave a child in a hot car!!! What a horrific death that must be (for those kids that aren't saved). I don't have kids, but that doesn't matter, I have COMMON SENSE! WTF?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE WHO DO THIS??!! I simply for the life of me me can not understand this. I just can't. I know people are busy, life is busy, but c'mon! It's a shame (IMO) we need PSAs such as this to remind parents of their kids, but apparently we do. Thanks for sharing, TorisMom003!

ETA: Since following Cooper's case, I now find myself actively looking inside parked cars at the mall, shopping centers, etc. Guess I should add my job's parking lot to that list, too. SMH. I'm even going so far as to buy one of those window breakers, and I WILL use it if I see a child (or a pet) locked in a hot car. In SC, I think only LE can legally break a window to rescue a child or pet...oh well, if I have to break a window to save a life, guess I'll get arrested and/or sued. Whatever!!!

Im sorry I can not get past the stupidity of the other people who all saw the baby and did nothing. Ridiculous. They caused that baby to die as much as the mother.

I do think there are cases where parents lose their memory for a short while and forget. But I don't think that is what happened in this case;.

Still nope:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may need to sign into Facebook to see the video. I've tried to think of another way I can get the video to show for people that don't have Facebook, haven't come up with an idea yet. If anyone thinks of anything, please let me know!

Agreed. I don't think the switching of the car seat is coincidental. I don't think that the fact that he strapped him in -in the lowest and tightest position possible is coincidental either.

In his own words " I strapped him in real tight."

In light of the circumstances, I think that was yet another slip of the tongue to the police.

Think about it, when describing the interactions with his son after Chik-Fil-A, he says , " then I strapped him in real tight." I would likely have said " I put him back/strapped him in his car seat" The "real tight" part is an unnecessary addition. It's extra descriptive.

I believe it was a slip of his subconscious. moo.

yes, and the thing about kissing him just in case he dies in a car accident.

oops! I see others got there first! This thread just starts zipping fast at times.

Whereas up here in the north nobody is surprised when someone brutally murders their child! What an annoying quote.

Religion, football, and family. Not necessarily in that order, I guess. I agree, dumb quote of the day.

The only way googling the info on length of time it would take to die in a hit car makes sense is if this had happened before and they were wondering just exactly how lucky they got that time. Especially since both seemed to have done the search. That could explain Mom saying what she said at the day care. The defense may have to get them to admit to an prior incident if they want to try to convince a jury these people (or this man) were just slipshod idiots and not cold-blooded killers, Imo.

Good point but wouldn't that also be making points for the prosecution? They did it before, they researched the risks, RH claims he took safety precautions (though not on this day)... It goes far beyond simple negligence to admit all of that, IMO- knowledge, assumption and disregard of the risk.

Same for the sexting/possible sex addiction, which isn't a defense under the law. It's more evidence, IMO, that this wasn't simple negligence. Either he wanted the baby dead and intentionally killed him or he had no concern for the baby's safety and well-being over and above his extramarital sexcapades- the sexting was top priority. That's like saying I'm an alcoholic and was drunk at the time. (This is different than a change in the usual routine simple negligence found in many of these cases.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, and the thing about kissing him just in case he dies in a car accident.

oops! I see others got there first! This thread just starts zipping fast at times.

This bothers me so much. We all want to kiss and love on our kids because anything could happen, But to me this guy has his child dying in his car in every way imaginable. Why not just kiss him first thing in the morning! And upon saying goodbye.

IT is beyond weird. If it weren't for his child dying in the car, I would just think he was weird, But his obsession with the child dying in the car is horrible.

"I mean, the guy liked FOOTBALL. People who like football don't just kill their kids. They just don't.",

Like Aaron Hernandez? :)
I mean Football people can't hurt kids?
Like Jerry Sandusky?
Because everyone who loves football is a good guy. PAHHLEEASSE.:gaah:

Religion, football, and family. Not necessarily in that order, I guess. I agree, dumb quote of the day.

"I mean, the guy liked FOOTBALL. People who like football don't just kill their kids. They just don't.",
I think Football was Ross's true religion, then sex. Real religion and family didn't seem to matter to him.

As was mentioned earlier, there really was no risk. The plan would either run its course, or fail. If a co-worker caught the baby in the car, JRH would've simply started his story about forgetting the baby a little bit early.

If the co-worker found the baby alive, do you think RH would try to kill the baby in the future?

I do not see how it's unfair. The probable cause hearings also do not contain all the proof that the DA has to convict yet they give enough to show why they are looking into the person. I do not see how what was said ( did you say to much, I dreaded how he would look, and he must have left him in the car) would mesh with any kind of converstation.

Exactly! And further, those comments were not taken out of context at all. "Did you say too much" was said by LH TO RH directly and LE were listening and viewing their entire conversation through a two way mirror, which they were well within their rights to do. "Ross left him in the car" is what LH said, in front of witnesses, LIVE, in response to finding out that Cooper was not at daycare. "I was afraid of how he would look" was said to LH over the phone as RH was describing Cooper's appearance upon death. (Which he lied about by the way, as he did not "look peaceful).

And it is not "unfair" for investigator's to use statements made by these parents as evidence in their case against them or in an assessment of their lack of involvement. Either way...It's their job.

And nothing was taken out of context. It was all said in front of them or in front of witnesses. It is all damning and it was all fairly obtained. moo

If the co-worker found the baby alive, do you think RH would try to kill the baby in the future?
Most likely. He wouldn't want a brain-damaged child any more than the one he already had, but he'd have to think up another method.
Last night I was watching an episode of Forensic Files where the guy killed his wife. Think it was one where he shot her and faked her suicide. 3 years earlier he had tried to start a fire while he took the child and went for a drive. She escaped that time, so he needed a different method to kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper