GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was not denied visitation. She met via video for 36 minutes. This was reported last evening. Original rumor mill said she was denied. Not so

Total time at the jail was 36 minutes. We don't know how much of that time was actually "visiting" and how much was processing time.

Even one minute is to long to spend time with the that murdered Cooper, unless that minute was spent cursing him out.

However, since it appears that Leanna is going to "stand by her man", I doubt that occurred.

Next step I want to see, Leanna arrested and charged in Cooper's death as well.

MOO

HLN just said there was a phone call between RH and LH at 4:07pm on the 18th? Does anyone remember that being discussed before today?

The frustrating thing I have learned is the media often considers a "call between" two people as simply making contact. So if he called or texted and the call or text registers on the other person's phone - even if it's a missed call or the text goes unanswered - they still report it as communication berween the two. It drives me nuts because in my mind that can mean two entirely different scenarios.

I heard 4:04

Waiting to see if they go over it again. Just struck me as odd as I thought the last call from RH to LH was a text around 3:45 pm asking when she was picking up his buddy.

She was not denied visitation. She met via video for 36 minutes. This was reported last evening. Original rumor mill said she was denied. Not so

Yes, I heard about that 36 minute video visitation; however, I also heard that her visit was denied (by MSM, not just rumor mill). Honestly, I still don't know if she visited him or not. JMO.

ETA: Others have stated that 36 minutes is barely enough time for visitors to get processed. IDK.

youcaring.com gave Ross & Leanna the $20,000+ that was donated

My comment was directed at anyone from either side of the argument (or indeed still on the fence) who insists on behaving like a dog with a bone, gnawing away while holding onto the same point despite being given numerous variations of the same answer complete with links from several different people.

I have never said anyone was being 'supportive of a babykiller', if you have inferred that from any of my posts you're reading something between the lines that isn't there. I believe others have the right to be as supportive or non-supportive of a defendant as they like, it matters not to me where anyone stands with regard to guilt or innocence, I'm as happy to see a good, well-thought out sincere argument coming from an opposing POV as I am to see a supporting one.

bbm: I agree.

I have no bone to gnaw at, just stating my opinion (not trying to change others) - just seeing it from another perspective. News articles are written in the view point of the reporter, may or may not be accurate and may or may not be biased.

If I was to base my opinion only on MSM articles and the majority of view points, then yes he murdered his son in cold blood. Which was my original thought, and still may go back to that - but after I heard some explanations from the defense lawyer it had me thinking, and questioning, What if this was an accident?

I'm trying to have an open mind in this case, because I just can't imagine the horror this little boy went through, and then to add on it was done on purpose. Or, if it was an accident what the parents have to live with for the rest of their lives. There are no words to really express either situation. But by all means, if he murdered his son, then punish him to the fullest and who ever helped him.

I'm more than willing to explain what made me question if it was an accident - and if it turns out to be otherwise, then let the chips fall, in other words, so be it. Hang'em.

Think like this. If you are the getaway driver in an armed bank robbery, and someone died during the robbery...you are still going away for murder. You reasonably knew that a robber with weapons involved could cause death. You didn't plan someone was going to get killed, but you still go away for their death.

The same goes for Ross. Because he was negligent with Cooper, that caused his death.

But the big difference (and Clu's point) is that, in the robbery scenario, the underlying felony of bank robbery is a crime that requires intent. You can't negligently commit robbery. Here, the underlying felony only requires proof of criminal negligence. Imo, that's why the law was changed -- so that you can't get life/dp for the criminally negligent crime of second degree child neglect. jmo

Think like this. If you are the getaway driver in an armed bank robbery, and someone died during the robbery...you are still going away for murder. You reasonably knew that a robber with weapons involved could cause death. You didn't plan someone was going to get killed, but you still go away for their death.

The same goes for Ross. Because he was negligent with Cooper, that caused his death.

But ALL adults who leave a child in a car leading to their death are negligent...yet I have never heard of a possible DP case, or implication that it was on purpose.

Is this just the media filling in their gaps, or has it been confirmed that Cooper was dead by lunchtime?

At lunchtime, Harris returned to his SUV with a bag of just-purchased light bulbs. According to Stoddard, he approached the car from the left hand side, where they contend he should have noticed his son, who was already dead.

http://www.news.com.au/world/justin...-died-in-hot-car/story-fndir2ev-1226983059847

HLN just said there was a phone call between RH and LH at 4:07pm on the 18th? Does anyone remember that being discussed before today?

Stoddard said they had about a one minute phone call at 4:04

He doesn't look like he eats anything a dietician would approve of. And based on actions and words, she appears to be the kind to put the needs of man over the needs of a child. No mother would let their child ride to work every morning in an ill fitting seat if she was watching all that closely what RH was doing with their child.

NO kidding! And LH is mighty fat for a conscientious dietitian...........just saying

I am so confused about the charges and what they mean. If they do not have to prove intent, what is the point? That just means, basically, that he was grossly negligent? How can any crime without intent possibly lead to a death penalty case? And what is the felony he was committing leading to Cooper's death? I usually have a handle on legalities in most cases, but not this time.

Second degree cruelty to a child is the charge, and that is a felony. If someone commits that crime and it causes the child's death, that qualifies as felony murder. Or, per the new GA law--second degree murder.

Felony murder has no degree attached. It is homicide that results from the commission of another felony. As such, the homicide itself does not have to be proven. The related felony does, however, have to be proven.

The new GA law provides for a charge of second degree murder in child abuse/cruelty cases. It is not known if Harris will be held liable under the new law because his alleged crime was committed prior to the law being in effect. However, I believe that he will be held liable under the new law and that this will not be a death penalty case. I base my belief on the available evidence to date, but I reserve the right to change my position on that if/when other evidence becomes known (that points to intent or that proves he at some point became aware that Cooper was in the car).

Yes, I heard about that 36 minute video visitation; however, I also heard that her visit was denied (by MSM, not just rumor mill). Honestly, I still don't know if she visited him or not. JMO.

ETA: Others have stated that 36 minutes is barely enough time for visitors to get processed. IDK.

here's what we heard from msm...when asked if she visited her husband, she nodded no. That was later clarified to say that she moved her head from left to right ala "no" I didn't visit my husband. Personally, I think it's reasonable to think she meant "I'm not talking to you" or that she lied about it because it was the press who asked and it's none of their business. We also heard from Fox 5 (Randy Travis, who has been touted here for his reliability) that she videoconferenced.

But ALL adults who leave a child in a car leading to their death are negligent...yet I have never heard of a possible DP case, or implication that it was on purpose.

I agree with this, but the standard in this case is criminal negligence which is a few notches up. Georgia defines it as "an act or failure to act which demonstrates a willful, wanton, or reckless disregard for the safety of others who might reasonably be expected to be injured thereby.” OCGA 16-2-1

I agree with you that all are negligent. However, the law does not.

Is this just the media filling in their gaps, or has it been confirmed that Cooper was dead by lunchtime?

At lunchtime, Harris returned to his SUV with a bag of just-purchased light bulbs. According to Stoddard, he approached the car from the left hand side, where they contend he should have noticed his son, who was already dead.

http://www.news.com.au/world/justin...-died-in-hot-car/story-fndir2ev-1226983059847
Stoddard said the ME said Cooper was most likely dead by noon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member