GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]APD: Parents left child in hot truck as punishment[/h][h=2]Girl, 5, OK after being left in car for an hour[/h]
Police said the girl crawled out of the truck after about an hour. She was sweating, screaming and crying when she got out of the truck.

The child was taken to the hospital to be treated for dehydration and heat exposure.
Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/girl-5-ok-after-being-left-in-car-for-an-hour/26854832#ixzz370WYK0Ky

The news said the parents came strolling out of Home Depot 45 minutes after the girl was taken away by ambulance to the hospital.

Where did you hear explanations from the defense lawyer?

I went to the website Wild About Trial the other day - on their front page was an archive of 7/3/14 probable cause hearing -
I missed it live and wanted to see it for myself - interesting that some of the scenarios were not mentioned in MSM reporting.

If I can do this properly - I will link their website - not the savvy techie type - please bear with me
http://www.wildabouttrial.com/

not sure once there how to get to the probable cause hearing - I'll try and find out.

I guess I don't understand the difference between negligence and being criminally negligent-is it the end result?

I went to the website Wild About Trial the other day - on their front page was an archive of 7/3/14 probable cause hearing -
I missed it live and wanted to see it for myself - interesting that some of the scenarios were not mentioned in MSM reporting.

If I can do this properly - I will link their website - not the savvy techie type - please bear with me
http://www.wildabouttrial.com/

not sure once there how to get to the probable cause hearing - I'll try and find out.
Oh ok. I saw the prelim hearing, nothing he said is evidence. I thought he did an interview. Thank you!

Well actually no we haven't.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we've all looked, that is one autopsy set that I honestly have had no curiosity to see, but I can say that I've looked at a lot of death and autopsy pictures (probably on the same sites Chewy has) but I'd hope that if I was ever in a situation where my internet history happened to be relevant that it would be fairly obvious that I wasn't planning any kind of horrible thing. Like, really, I really hope someone would look at it all in context. Lol. Then again, I really don't plan on doing anything that would give anyone any reason to go looking at my history.

I haven't seen any references to the fact that RH was receiving testosterone injections and using a t-replacement gel (androgel) back in 2012.

I know LH posted comments under a youtube video expressing concern to learn that Androgel reduced fertility. She said they were trying to get pregnant and that RH's physician had not informed them of infertility problems.

Assuming for a moment that RH's physicians prescribed testosterone for a hypogonadism or any other condition in which t-production is low, this would give a new meaning to the "intimacy problems" that LH claimed existed in their marriage. It would also raise interesting questions about culpability, given that high testosterone levels are associated with increased sex drive and "desire to conquer or compete" in both males and females. What if RH could not (on his own, without chemical assistance) be as sexually aggressive as he appeared on his social media profiles?

How might medication (too high testosterone dosage) be related to confusion or forgetfulness or outrageous libido levels?

I'm just curious about all of this because I haven't seen it mentioned at all.

On another note, I worked with a mega-chuch's sex addiction program a few summers ago and it was the most depressing experience of my life. I can't tell you how many men text teens during the day- and how normal and nice and godly these men appear on the outside. I can't tell you how pathetic the program was, telling all these men it was the "culture's" fault rather than their own. Some of these men actually dared say that watching *advertiser censored* or sexting with other women was good for their marriage because it made them "better leaders" who could "treat" their wives with more patience. I gave a few of those guys a piece of my mind and then promptly changed churches.

This!

This is how it has to be viewed in the US. Kids are being harmed and we are just looking the other way. It is negligent to leave your child in the car! for any reason! Parents need to get off the phone and start being responsible. I am really tired of this, "I forgot" routine and I am ashamed of our legal system for ever accepting that as an excuse.
I totally agree with you and not just because it's the law here. I totally support that law. I did some searching for you. At present,

parents and guardians can be fined up to $2165 for such an offence - or jailed for a maximum of three months - Fairfax Media understands the government is considering beefing up the penalties in an effort to deter people from endangering children's lives.

There is a LOT of information in the article, I can't copy it all over but I recommend reading it. For those who don't work in Celsius, the temperatures they're talking about are high - it got to nearly 115f outside on the days of the heat wave last summer.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/v...ren-in-cars-20140118-311u8.html#ixzz370ZITXPG

I guess I don't understand the difference between negligence and being criminally negligent-is it the end result?

Wouldn't be the context? Let's say usually mom drives child to daycare. This one day Dad does it. It's a twenty minute drive. Child falls asleep. He's not sexting or smoking pot. He just truly, horribly forgets. He remembers and it's too late. I think it's probably a good idea to make it illegal with some kind of punishment, perhaps as a stronger deterrent-- But I do think it's different from someone who is being super irresponsible and this leads to them forgetting. JMO

For those of you fortunate enough never to have to bury a child, insurance claims must be filed by the primary holder and much of the money goes to cover the cost of funeral and burial. If RH was the primary holder, he would have to give instructions to family members on how to file for funeral money. Since RH did not attend the funeral, he was obviously not involved in its organization or financial logistics. Of all the bits of information and evidence, this is the LEAST relevant and suspicious.

More interesting is the question of why LH is protecting RH. It's almost as if she feels sorry for him.

I wonder how much they will try and change their "tone" and "grief" knowing they are being video and audio recorded. Playing to the camera/future jury.

I think they knew they were being recorded from the get-go. Remember that RH planned and prepared for a career in law enforcement before he went back to school to learn computer programming. His half-brother was a high-up in the Tuscaloosa Police Department. He knew the lingo and the tricks of the trade. That's why I can't believe how foolish and silly some of his actions have been if this was planned or premeditated.

For those of you fortunate enough never to have to bury a child, insurance claims must be filed by the primary holder and much of the money goes to cover the cost of funeral and burial. If RH was the primary holder, he would have to give instructions to family members on how to file for funeral money. Since RH did not attend the funeral, he was obviously not involved in its organization or financial logistics. Of all the bits of information and evidence, this is the LEAST relevant and suspicious.

More interesting is the question of why LH is protecting RH. It's almost as if she feels sorry for him.
RH knew that they $20,000 they had received in donations would cover the funeral expenses. He also knew that a charity had said they would cover funeral expenses. So why did he need the extra $27,000?

I'm not sure he was blindsided by it at all. Why do you think that? He went along with the questioning until they tried to talk about the 16 yo

I think he let it go until the minor because it was the first he was hearing it. I still haven't watched the video but he sounded thrown off after it. Especially during his closing statement

And, he when he did refer to the other women, he called it fantasy texting. But it wasn't fantasy. The detective clearly stated he physically met at least one woman.

I think this was the first time Kilgore heard any of this and was trying to process it all...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And did she talk to you and confirm the nature of what you saw on these chats back and forth?

STODDARD: Yes, she did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. Now, I'm going to turn your attention, was there also another girl that you met, and that you've spoken with?

STODDARD: I have.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And how old is that girl?

STODDARD: She is 17 at this time.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How old was she when the defendant began these --

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Judge, I'm going object. I mean I let a little bit of this go, but I don't see how this has anything to do with anything.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Your honor, it goes --

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is something that's going on during the -- during the middle of the day. I don't think it's relevant. What would be relevant would be the time period when the child was initially left in the car.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Your honor, this goes to negligence through the day, what he's doing through the day instead of worrying about his kid. It also goes to motive and marital problems between he and his wife and his unhappiness.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I'm unclear as to the time frame. Do you have a --

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, I'll clear it up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And so these messages and these chats, do they start in the morning?

STODDARD: They do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. And did they continue throughout the day?

STODDARD: They do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And when did they end?

STODDARD: Around 3:00 that afternoon.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So about an hour before he left.

STODDARD: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Overrule the objection

I think they knew they were being recorded from the get-go. Remember that RH planned and prepared for a career in law enforcement before he went back to school to learn computer programming. His half-brother was a high-up in the Tuscaloosa Police Department. He knew the lingo and the tricks of the trade. That's why I can't believe how foolish and silly some of his actions have been if this was planned or premeditated.

There's something that I've been trying to form into words, but I'm having a hard time. A lot of actions do seem pretty clueless. It almost strikes me as if he is kind of delusional maybe? Like maybe he lives in his own reality where he is always right and he doesn't even have any clue how others see him? Maybe it has worked for him for a long time and he's been able to mask his true, disturbed self--but as he's taken this step and become bolder, now the facade is crumbling around him. He just acts like he doesn't give a chit what anybody else thinks in this whole entire episode. JMO

Maybe his mama believed him his whole life and his wifey hung on every word and worshipped the ground he walked on--and now? What? The whole world doesn't believe me?

30 seconds....

Aside from where & how the car seat was positioned & how easy it was for RH to "notice" CH during turns and reversing, how long the drive was from CFA to HD...

There are STILL the 30 seconds that RH was in the car after parking and before getting out. If CH fell asleep that quickly on that short drive after being so lively at CFA, it would not have been a deep sleep.

30 seconds is a long time to sit in a car after parking -- to just sit there. It doesn't take 30 seconds to take your key out of the ignition and grab your work bag from the floor of the car.

I think this is something that could work for the prosecution during trial. Just have everyone sit there for 30 seconds. If the car was silent, no one can convince me that CH did not move or stir or make the smallest noise -- if he was asleep, RH should have heard him breathing deeply (again, I doubt CH would have been sleeping that soundly that fast).

What was going on in that car? This was RH's chance to change his mind and take CH to LAA, but he didn't.

Those 30 seconds really stand out to me in the whole "accident vs premeditation" argument.

I agree with your post :) I'm almost sure Cooper was talking/making sounds during that time. I do not for one second believe he fell asleep for that short amount of time, I just don't.. He is most likely always awake when taken to day care. From my experience with kids, they tend to fall asleep on LONG DRIVES, long boring drives and this wasn't one of those times. JRH knew Cooper was in the car when he left him there to die. :(

I tried to find the hearing on Wild About Trial's website - have no clue where it could be now. :dunno:

It was on their front page - all I had to do was click on it.

Maybe the complete hearing is on you tube - everything seems to be on you tube :thinking:

Maybe to pay his attorney? :drumroll:

I don't know. All I'm saying is that collecting life insurance or answering questions about such matters (which we don't know if, in fact, is the way it went down) doesn't give us much. Everyone collects their life insurance, if they have any. This does not make RH stand out from other people- even from people whose children have died in accidents. I know RH made panicked comments about possibly getting fired. Maybe he thought family members needed the info to help LH?

I haven't seen any references to the fact that RH was receiving testosterone injections and using a t-replacement gel (androgel) back in 2012.

I know LH posted comments under a youtube video expressing concern to learn that Androgel reduced fertility. She said they were trying to get pregnant and that RH's physician had not informed them of infertility problems.

Assuming for a moment that RH's physicians prescribed testosterone for a hypogonadism or any other condition in which t-production is low, this would give a new meaning to the "intimacy problems" that LH claimed existed in their marriage. It would also raise interesting questions about culpability, given that high testosterone levels are associated with increased sex drive and "desire to conquer or compete" in both males and females. What if RH could not (on his own, without chemical assistance) be as sexually aggressive as he appeared on his social media profiles?

How might medication (too high testosterone dosage) be related to confusion or forgetfulness or outrageous libido levels?

I'm just curious about all of this because I haven't seen it mentioned at all.

On another note, I worked with a mega-chuch's sex addiction program a few summers ago and it was the most depressing experience of my life. I can't tell you how many men text teens during the day- and how normal and nice and godly these men appear on the outside. I can't tell you how pathetic the program was, telling all these men it was the "culture's" fault rather than their own. Some of these men actually dared say that watching *advertiser censored* or sexting with other women was good for their marriage because it made them "better leaders" who could "treat" their wives with more patience. I gave a few of those guys a piece of my mind and then promptly changed churches.

From her comment: He has been on the gel off and on for about 2 years and he has also had injections in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mdhICUqVQ

Leanna posted the comment in 2012 I believe, based on "two years ago" on the comment. JMO

They just said on HLN that while he was noted on the Tape stopping when that person was walking to his car and picking up his phone like he was talking on it, there was no activity recorded on the phone at that time.
So he was just standing there faking it. IMO.

I don't remember what the detective said in court exactly but that is how I understood it. RH picked up his phone pretending to be on a call just to watch the guy walk clear from his car, then he went inside. Did anyone think there was an actual call at that time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme