GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he was standing in the parking lot *pretending* to talk on his cell phone while observing someone walk near his car. Once they cleared the area - he went on inside. I CAN NOT imagine how they are going to paint this as an innocent action on his part. What else could he have been doing except watching to see if the person noticed CH or trying to distract the person so they would not see CH. ???

snipped for space....
They probably served two things for him:

Not 7 hours later, where he was likely panicked and trying to figure out where to stage his discovery since no one ever noticed Cooper in that parking lot. Driving that putrid car for 10 minutes made him look extremely guilty and less like an accident. I do not believe that he originally planned the discovery the way it turned out.

re bold - 10 minutes?? I thought it was just down the street? Maybe 3 to 4 minutes? Anyone?? TIA!! :wave:

snipped for space....
:gaah:
When I was growing up in the 60's, there was child proof nothing, just the "skull and crossbones" warning. No car seats, fences around pools, "save the children", seat belts weren't even mandatory in vehicles and who actually used them if they were installed, and kids rode in the bed of trucks. None of the kids I grew up with drowned, cooked in a car, were ejected from a vehicle, or poisoned themselves, now it seems like a weekly, if not daily occurrence.

But this incident obviously doesn't reflect our "dummied down society".

"you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car---hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming *advertiser censored**hole be a father." Todd (Keanu Reeves-"Parenthood")
No truer words were ever spoken.:twocents:

Me too, Bernina - grew up in the 50s & 60s - and no one in my whole neighborhood EVER died...

as someone mentioned, you guys are fast in posting! LOL! Still have 3 more pages to read!

Am I losing it or did I not hear Det. Stoddard describe this last Thursday during the hearing?

iirc he described RH pausing but not him being on the phone with the phone record showing no activity at that time.

When did they discuss the insurance and when did HD say they would pay for the funeral?

It was stated in several MSM articles that HD's Homer Fund was paying for the funeral. Here's the first link I could grab (I have more bookmarked on my home computer, but I'm not a home right now):

Home Depot's charity, The Homer Fund, has donated $10,000 to the family to help pay for funeral expenses. The family has asked for donations to the Homer Fund in lieu of flowers.

Source: http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna/2014/06/27/hot-car-death-cooper-harris/11557671/

At what point did this information become available to RH? If he asked about insurance after he found out Homer Fund would pay for funeral, that's interesting.

But if he asked before, that's nothing spectacular and we can assume he was being a responsible family CFO.

Someone (sorry can't remember who) posted a few days ago and it really stood out to me. The point is that they had Cooper for 22 months and then all of a sudden they decide to search for children dying in cars. Why didn't they do that when he was a newborn? What would have been the impetus to suddenly look that up other than planning the murder of their child. That's enough for me to prove premeditation.

IMO

From what I've read, the Homer Fund paid them 10,000. That would be enough to cover a very minimal funeral, anything more than that would be more expensive. At least that's based on what I've seen other people pay and what I've seen on the internet. Considering the fact that LH has to be missing at least some amount of work (if she's working at all) and the amount of debt it's been pointed out that they're in, the insurance policy might be what they're counting on to keep from losing their house etc.
They don't own a home, they rent.

It was stated in several MSM articles that HD's Homer Fund was paying for the funeral. Here's the first link I could grab (I have more bookmarked on my home computer, but I'm not a home right now):

Source: http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna/2014/06/27/hot-car-death-cooper-harris/11557671/

That was nine days after he died. I'm sure they discussed his funeral well before that.

People here say the funeral director usually asks the family about life insurance.

iirc he described RH pausing but not him being on the phone with the phone record showing no activity at that time.

That's what I remember as well (watched all three videos with my husband the other night). No mention that RH pretended to be on the phone, though certainly an implication that RH was acting oddly.

From what I've read, the Homer Fund paid them 10,000. That would be enough to cover a very minimal funeral, anything more than that would be more expensive. At least that's based on what I've seen other people pay and what I've seen on the internet. Considering the fact that LH has to be missing at least some amount of work (if she's working at all) and the amount of debt it's been pointed out that they're in, the insurance policy might be what they're counting on to keep from losing their house etc.

At that stage they still had online petitions calling for his release, as well as a LOT of money coming in via donations online. He was obviously arrogant enough to believe that not only would he be released, he would also have plenty of money in his hand when he got out.

I don't remember him say he did a fake call

Didn't he describe what he saw on the HD video tape that RH was walking away from his car after lunch and there was a pedestrian walking toward his car, he hesitatated and looked like he was making a call on his cell phone?

Okay, but now I still want to hear more about the testosterone issue.

That's a BIG DEAL for American men, especially ones that like football and bass guitars and all that big boy wangle-dangle.

This is not small fry when you start getting shots so you can maintain an erection. And, according to LH's comment, it seems to have preceded RH's sexting and online infidelity. Maybe he and LH have been working on it from way back?

Testosterone would make him more aggressive but the homicidal propensity would have proceeded the injections.

Guessing RH never had trouble rising to the occasion in the forbidden fruit situations but only in the context of marriage/intimacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone (sorry can't remember who) posted a few days ago and it really stood out to me. The point is that they had Cooper for 22 months and then all of a sudden they decide to search for children dying in cars. Why didn't they do that when he was a newborn? What would have been the impetus to suddenly look that up other than planning the murder of their child. That's enough for me to prove premeditation.

IMO

Or, Ross got caught leaving Cooper in the car while he was getting off with one of his sexting buddies. Would also explain her reaction at daycare.

iirc he was talking about the insurance right after his arrest.

IMO

Well, my husband and I spent a lot of time learning about kids dying in hot cars last summer when a video link was going around Facebook. We both watched it and then searched for more about it (we have three kids) and then he promised not to leave the kids or our dog in the car when he got gas.

Prior to this, he insisted that kids would be fine in the car for "a couple of minutes" and he remembered that his mom always left him and his brothers in the car when she shopped. So we were both horrified by the videos and upset by the possibility.

We didn't premeditate. We just considered ourselves cautious, self-educating parents.

IMO

Hi

I posted something along those lines.

If you are worried about hot cars and vulnerable babies and children , then the time to do your research is as soon as you baby is born, not when they are nearly two years old. They have lived in Alabama all along, so the hot weather is nothing new to them - there is no logical innocent reason for them to have made those searches at this point.

Secondly, all you need to find out is that you should never leave them, not what time and temperature you require to kill them. Every time I think about it, it gets me angry all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member