GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guilt is commonly revealed through stoicism- acting like you deserve to be punched and kicked. RH showed very little indignation or resentment on the stand, acted as if he deserved to be there. I think his guilt over the infidelity is only now emerging and for RH is tied to CH's death. He will never forgive himself. He will never be okay again.
He wasn't on the stand and I saw no guilt at all. He showed defiance, irritation, anger, and of course he squeezed out a pathetic tear when it was all about him. I think he is a soul-less psychopath.

ETA--Thank you for decreasing your font, I was having to scroll by your posts because they were huge! I like to read all posts no matter what.

Well, he is not off the hook for me yet--I really want to see the video of this with my own two eyes.

That being said, it IS concerning because Stoddard said RH made no calls. My only thought is maybe he was calling his VM.

If they had no record of a phone call that wouldn't mean he didn't observe RH appearing to be using his phone. I'm sure you will see that video when it's time for it to be released but, I can't fathom that the Detective would testify to that affect without proof. If he said it's on the videotape, I'm sure it's there.

Well, he is not off the hook for me yet--I really want to see the video of this with my own two eyes.

That being said, it IS concerning because Stoddard said RH made no calls. My only thought is maybe he was calling his VM.

But your phone records will show if you call your VM. Will def be interesting when all phone records are back.

yes, there is a definitive blood test, ex suffered from this issue silently for a while and it destroyed our marriage. By the time he sought a doctor opinion to figure out what had changed so drastically, our marriage had died. It was in part something that quickened that demise.

The shots are not to the affected area but regular shots which increase the bodies hormone levels to get back in balance. This in turns fixes the problem to the affected member. IME

Some perfect parents are made, not born, Lyra500. We learn so much about threats we did not even know existed. My mother never drove us anywhere- she was a physician who worked full time and my father was a physicist. They didn't teach me about kids and hot cars (though I learned many other wonderful things from them). The first I heard of that was reading the news when it happened in another state last year.

Parenting is an ongoing education. Humility is key. Homeschooling my kids has made that abundantly clear to me.

Honestly though, emoting doesn't lead to more logical or sensible conclusions. Certainly, there is an inverse correlation between emotion levels and fairness. I wish fellow parents weren't so high and mighty in judging others.

I think we are supposed to avoid personal attacks - I think being lectured on humility, called illogical, high and mighty and judgmental all in the same post probably comes under that heading.

That's all I intend to say apart form the fact that we will have to agree to differ on our view of whether those searches were made out of genuine concern and whether the fact that Cooper died in exactly those circumstances less than a week after his father's last internet search could sensibly be regarded as nothing more than an unfortunate coincidence.

Thanks

There should be a lot of medical records for their infertility problems. Not sure how that relates to the murder charges, but it might?
I wonder how it might too.

If he was prescribed androgel he would have had a blood test (unless he obtained it illegally, but then I doubt his wife would be talking about it on the internet if that was the case). Is low testosterone something that can be fixed so that meds aren't needed in the future? If he wasn't still using the androgel, the problem had been fixed because he didn't need it for the photo he sent. But I can't see how that is tied to Cooper's murder.

just thinking out loud

For those of you fortunate enough never to have to bury a child, insurance claims must be filed by the primary holder and much of the money goes to cover the cost of funeral and burial. If RH was the primary holder, he would have to give instructions to family members on how to file for funeral money. Since RH did not attend the funeral, he was obviously not involved in its organization or financial logistics. Of all the bits of information and evidence, this is the LEAST relevant and suspicious.

More interesting is the question of why LH is protecting RH. It's almost as if she feels sorry for him.

Home Depot paid for the funeral

I just don't think you can make a blanket statement about it. I do believe that it can and does happen to good loving parents who are just so distracted it slips their mind. I know people who have left children places not in cars, in fact the woman who had her baby next to me in the hospital said that she forgot her son as they were packing up to go to hospital for this baby.

I do believe there are cases it is a real horrible tragic mistake. But I don't see that in this case. We can not judge all cases off of one case.

True, anyone can be distracted and make a simple mistake. But I think the 'duration' of the mistake decides the negligence factor. We 'negligently' left our 12 yr old son at a gas station during a family vacation. There were 3 adults and 5 kids in the RV. We drove away. If we had not remembered and left him overnight, that would be severely negligent. But we barely got 200 feet before my Sister in law finished the head count and we made an instant u-turn. He was standing calmly at the counter, drinking a soda and reading a comic book. So I doubt we would have been charged with a crime.

Contrast with the 20 yr old mom who stepped off the subway, parked her baby's stroller, and jumped back on by herself. THAT is criminal negligence.

I wonder how it might too.

If he was prescribed androgel he would have had a blood test (unless he obtained it illegally, but then I doubt his wife would be talking about it on the internet if that was the case). Is low testosterone something that can be fixed so that meds aren't needed in the future? If he wasn't still using the androgel, the problem had been fixed because he didn't need it for the photo he sent. But I can't see how that is tied to Cooper's murder.

just thinking out loud

There is a black-market for androgel? :waitasec:

I would find nothing unusual in parents - at any point in their parenthood but particularly during their child's smaller years when they are unable to protect themselves from such dangers - searching how to prevent hot car deaths.

Those were allegedly not the searches performed. The searches performed were regarding how long and at what temps death will occur.

IF that info is accurate there is no reasonable explanation for those searches followed so closely by their son's death by same. :cow:

For those of you fortunate enough never to have to bury a child, insurance claims must be filed by the primary holder and much of the money goes to cover the cost of funeral and burial. If RH was the primary holder, he would have to give instructions to family members on how to file for funeral money. Since RH did not attend the funeral, he was obviously not involved in its organization or financial logistics. Of all the bits of information and evidence, this is the LEAST relevant and suspicious.

More interesting is the question of why LH is protecting RH. It's almost as if she feels sorry for him.

Irrelevant and unsuspicious maybe in regards to prosecuting the case, I understand Home Depot already paid for the funeral in this case so I think the prosecution might try and use it. I agree he wouldn't be able to file claims himself so it would make sense to have a family member do it on his behalf. It does however raise some interesting questions about what happens with insurance payouts where a beneficiary is facing charges in relation to the death of the insured party. Does it pay out anyway or do they put it on hold until the case is decided? I'm curious. TIA to any insurance savvy persons.

I don't remember what the detective said in court exactly but that is how I understood it. RH picked up his phone pretending to be on a call just to watch the guy walk clear from his car, then he went inside. Did anyone think there was an actual call at that time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

I would like to know which ear he put the phone up to.

Guilt is commonly revealed through stoicism- acting like you deserve to be punched and kicked. RH showed very little indignation or resentment on the stand, acted as if he deserved to be there. I think his guilt over the infidelity is only now emerging and for RH is tied to CH's death. He will never forgive himself. He will never be okay again.

I'm sorry... Did I miss something? When did RH ever testify to anything?

Some perfect parents are made, not born, Lyra500. We learn so much about threats we did not even know existed. My mother never drove us anywhere- she was a physician who worked full time and my father was a physicist. They didn't teach me about kids and hot cars (though I learned many other wonderful things from them). The first I heard of that was reading the news when it happened in another state last year.

Parenting is an ongoing education. Humility is key. Homeschooling my kids has made that abundantly clear to me.

Honestly though, emoting doesn't lead to more logical or sensible conclusions. Certainly, there is an inverse correlation between emotion levels and fairness. I wish fellow parents weren't so high and mighty in judging others.

Are you saying you had no idea leaving a child or animal in a hot car would kill them? I'm not trying to belittle you, just understand that there really are people that don't realize this!

I may not be the smartest, and when I had my two daughters, had no experience with babies, but somehow my common sense told me not to leave them in a car under the sweltering sun, or leave them in a car with below zero temps in January, in Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties