GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't. JMO but I don't need to keep an open mind where this man is concerned. I won't be on the jury. He is in jail for a reason. Personality disorder or not he neglected his duty. Sedated or not LH came across as cold and uncaring at the funeral and at the probable cause hearing. The funeral was about Ross. She said "I'm doing this for you, Ross." I take her at her word. JMO

Ahhh, I took that as "we are devout and you are the leader of this family, I am doing the job of delivering this eulogy for you." I am not of their faith and do not fully understand it so, I can't pass judgement on that. I have seen some weird stuff (to me) go down at religious funerals.

I will not deny that this situation, to me, is incredibly bizarre.

But, more will come out. Seems he's left a lot of "loose ends"--- that makes me wonder, too.

LOL, looks like he heard from people:

Jeremy Campbell ‏@Jeremy11alive 18m
Quickly snapped her head left to right, "no nod" RT @Jeremy11alive A nod is typically affirmative. Did she nod or did she verbally say no?

Iam glad they are allowed to say "Merry Christmas!" Instead of the PC Happy Holidays.:twocents:

OK I see now. They are searching Cooper's medical records to see if he had been abused at any point.

Documents also show investigators have requested the medical records of Harris' son. Hines said those records could also be key in the investigation.
"If for some reason, there is proof that there's been past abuse or things like that, that's relevant," Hines said. "That's relevant because it shows you're not opposed to hurting the child."

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/25959406/warrants-police-seize-fathers-electronics-sons-medical-records

Ahhh, I took that as "we are devout and you are the leader of this family, I am doing the job of delivering this eulogy for you." I am not of their faith and do not fully understand it so, I can't pass judgement on that. I have seen some weird stuff (to me) go down at religious funerals.

I will not deny that this situation, to me, is incredibly bizarre.

But, more will come out. Seems he's left a lot of "loose ends"--- that makes me wonder, too.

I took it that way at first then with the standing ovation for the killer and not being mad at him....not so much.

So did Ross refuse to see her or did the jail limit his visits? Can the jail do that?

JMHO, the defense has probably decided the two shouldn't talk to each other due to the fact that their communications have been so "off" and could possibly be the same here. The interview would be recorded and could be used against either one of them.

Remember CA! The videos of visitation were priceless for the prosecution, even if the jury came to a decision we didn't like.

That is when she is wearing her professional hat and only applies to what she sees as a healthcare worker. Not what she sees when she is wearing her mom or civilian hat.

A mandated reporter is a mandated reporter, regardless of what "hat" you are wearing. That "hat" is not something you take off and hang up on a peg somewhere. I am a mandated reporter by virtue of two separate licenses/certificates, and that obligation is a constant thing regardless of whether I am working, playing, shopping, eating, or whatever. That is not my personal decision; that is my obligation under my codes of ethics.

Are the sunshine laws in GA as open as they are in FL? It seems Georgia has them, I am just curious if this case will involve the extensive document dumps the Casey case was subject to? I found this wiki link:
http://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_Open_Records_Act

And, obviously, we have been getting docs but, I just recall MOUNDS of info in the CA case and was wondering if we should expect the same. Thanks in advance.

No. Prior to the law change (and after it), you had to prove 2nd degree child cruelty. Which did not, and still does not, require malice. Under the old law, the 2nd degree child cruelty charge was the underlying felony for a felony murder charge -- meaning if you were guilty of 2nd degree child cruelty, you were autoguilty of felony murder and could be sentenced to life or the DP. Under the new law, if you're convicted of 2nd degree child cruelty, you're no longer autoguilty of felony murder. Instead, they've created a new crime under GA law for you (second degree murder) that carries a max penalty of 30 years. I'm absolutely certain. So we can agree to disagree.

Since the date of the alleged crime took place on June 18th but the law did not take affect until July 1st, does it become effective retroactively to the date of the crime?

11Alive News ‏@11AliveNews
RT @Jeremy11alive This pic captured emotion from Leanna Harris. Head down, face in hands #11alive #harriscase11 pic.twitter.com/yhUSiOHqlI

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsBlG_pCIAE696y.jpg

RT @Jeremy11alive Who was Leanna Harris' companion? Ross' mom? Her's? Trying to sort that out. #11alive #harriscase11...

RT @Jeremy11alive When asked if she talked to Ross, Leanna Harris gently nodded "no." #11alive #harriscase11

While I was doing an internship at the Cook County and Will County Jails in Illinois, I noted a shockingly high amount of visits that were "refused". Funny thing is, at Will County, (Drew Peterson blech!) They have the visitor fill out the form, hand over identification, and they go get seated at the visitor phone/camera. It's done via Skype. But if the inmate refuses the visit, the guest has already been seated and went through the rigamarole of paperwork etc. Point being it would take about 25 minutes before the guest found out, "He refused your visit."

They are of course recorded...maybe he learned his lesson with that. (Leanne made that comment, "Did you tell them too much?" Previously).
Maybe he's not taking any more chances.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Since the date of the alleged crime took place on June 18th but the law did not take affect until July 1st, does it become effective retroactively to the date of the crime?

I believe the defendant can only be charged with the statute(s) as they were at the time of the commission of the offense(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn