GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I lost trust in Det. S's testimony & that's why I don't believe the Detective nor the last court session unless someone has more. jmo

No lost trust in the dad who researched 'how long before a child dies in a hot car' but lost trust in a dect who worked the case....

You didn't lose trust in a dad who researched how long before a child dies in a hot car but lost trust in a dect.... rightttt

bbm

Search warrants released Saturday show authorities searched Harris' home, computer, cellphone and car. In an interview with officials, Harris stated he had recently done online research into child deaths inside hot vehicles, including looking up what temperature it needs to be for that to occur, according to the official warrants

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/28/hot-car-death-boy-funeral/11609771/

New search warrants released Sunday show Leanna Harris also admitted to police she researched hot car deaths and "how it occurs".

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/28/justin-ross-harris-child-hot-car-death/11609645/

Or a prosecution LE latches onto one thing Ross told the truth about.

Hey ya Donj. Ya know I love you always. xoxo

:)
Hey doc :)

Maddox Kilgore who is doing the questioning there is the defense attorney for Ross Harris.

Thinking about whether the child's head would have been visible or not, we have to consider Ross's height, and his line of sight and the way the child comes out of the seat surface three dimensionally. So some things that wouldn't have been visible if you look at them at the same height as the seat's upper parts would have been visible from Ross's vantage point slightly above the seat.

car_seat-rear.jpg http://www.parachutecanada.org/graphics/articleimages/car_seat-rear.jpg

Not a similar seat and the child seems to fit in this seat better than Cooper did his but I think the driver of that car would be perfectly able to see the child's hat and feet if he looks back, even if the seat was in the middle

Why? They killed him. So what is the reason?

It seems to me that it is a "mercy" killing.

Her statement of saying too much and knowing he was left in the car indicates to me that he was killed.

So why did they do it?

It does not have to make sense to me except that people justify killing using their own standards.

She said he would be having issues in school. Why would she think that?

I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with speculating that Cooper may have had a health or developmental problem. In fact, I have read somewhere that investigators are checking Cooper's health records, so it's clearly an area they are concerned about for their own reasons. Personally, myself, as the parent of a special needs child and wanting to go into teaching Special Ed, I don't think there's anything "wrong" with a child just because they have special needs anyway. But some parents want the "perfect" child, as a reflection (so they think) of themselves. Some parents just want children as "accessories." I get the feeling sometimes that LH and RH were that way.

:)
Hey doc :)

Maddox Kilgore who is doing the questioning there is the defense attorney for Ross Harris.

Thinking about whether the child's head would have been visible or not, we have to consider Ross's height, and his line of sight and the way the child comes out of the seat surface three dimensionally. So some things that wouldn't have been visible if you look at them at the same height as the seat's upper parts would have been visible from Ross's vantage point slightly above the seat.

View attachment 54474 http://www.parachutecanada.org/graphics/articleimages/car_seat-rear.jpg

Not a similar seat and the child seems to fit in this seat better than Cooper did his but I think the driver of that car would be perfectly able to see the child's hat and feet if he looks back, even if the seat was in the middle

IMO this is part of RH's undoing. If it wasn't possible to see Cooper's head over the edge of the car seat, and this is why RH didn't see him the other times he looked to the right, then it would not have been possible for him to see it the last time he looked. You can't have it both ways.

Why??? If your son was innocent, why not talk to the police and tell them exactly why. That's what I would do!
P.S. My brother is a lawyer. I have nothing to hide.

Because it is the D.A.'s job to GET CONVICTIONS first and foremost. That shows they are "doing their job".

If you are innocent yet you say enough to lead them to think they can WIN a conviction in court they may decide to do just that.

ETA I am referring to typical situations not the weird comments LH made about "saying too much".

Because it is the D.A.'s job to GET CONVICTIONS first and foremost. That shows they are "doing their job".

If you are innocent yet you say enough to lead them to think they can WIN a conviction in court they may decide to do just that.

ETA I am referring to typical situations not the weird comments LH made about "saying too much".

That's not supposed to be their job, though, although for some I'm sure they see it that way. If they do not believe the defendant is guilty, they are not supposed to proceed with a prosecution. Agree some take it too far, though.

I personally dont believe for a second that Cooper was silent from the second he was put in the car seat for the whole 2 minute ride to dads work. He was almost 2. Probably chattering away the whole time. If not for CFA I might have almost bought it. A sleepy baby may have dozed off between home and day care. Not one who has just eaten breakfast with daddy at CFA.
Also... would be interesting to know if the parents googled ways to remember your child is in the car... ( teddy bear on the seat, keep your purse in the back seat etc) Or just the videos on how long it takes to die if you dont.... If that was truly their 'worst fear" I would hope they looked for ways to prevent it!

I personally dont believe for a second that Cooper was silent from the second he was put in the car seat for the whole 2 minute ride to dads work. He was almost 2. Probably chattering away the whole time. If not for CFA I might have almost bought it. A sleepy baby may have dozed off between home and day care. Not one who has just eaten breakfast with daddy at CFA.
Also... would be interesting to know if the parents googled ways to remember your child is in the car... ( teddy bear on the seat, keep your purse in the back seat etc) Or just the videos on how long it takes to die if you dont.... If that was truly their 'worst fear" I would hope they looked for ways to prevent it!

You raise the head scratcher that bedevils all of us...if there was a concern then certainly there were many proactive measures they could have taken.

How many times do the abusers play the victim?

Why, for what purpose?

could explain forgetfulness if father had traces of illicit substances and/or low levels of drugs that Rx'd for him in case he was on medication prescribed by his physician

What possible reason could there be that LH insisted that her hubby had left CH in the car?

Why would anyone say that and argue with the daycare providers who offered other options?

She is not in shock. She does not know her child is dead. She has to be thinking somewhat clearly.

So why would she think that is the only option of why her child is not at the childcare?

(a) potentially he's done that before because he's a doofus and she's so tired of talking to him about it or,
(b) he's threatened to do it
(c) ((horrible thought)) she knew he would do it

I think the technical evidence in this case will do RH in. I feel certain that a model of the driver's/passenger's seats will be brought in, showing exactly how that car seat fit between the two and a mannequin the size of Cooper will be shown in the car seat. Maybe a demonstration of backing up also.

In my mind, there is no way RH did not see Cooper in his car seat when he backed up, when he put the vehicle in park, nor when he got out of the car in that parking lot. I think a good model of all the pieces will show that and I hope the prosecution already has someone working on it.

Salem
Said as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

I agree. My hope is that the prosecution sticks to hammering on the visuals and on the bare bones facts over and over: he googled 'hot car deaths' 5 days previously, took no preventative measures, claims to have forgotten his son in the space of time between strapping him in at Chik-Fil-A and choosing the turn to work instead of daycare ie within 30 seconds, claims not to have seen Cooper's head protruding several inches above the too small, recently changed back to rear-facing car seat while reversing into the space and again on his return to the vehicle at lunchtime yet somehow saw him when he turned his head right to change lanes on the drive to meet his friends at the movies, a drive by the way that put him close to at least one hospital that could have offered better emergency medical help than a strip mall parking lot. The insurance policies and the fact that he was over-spending, the stuff about sexting and the ambiguous, guilty-sounding statements should be let slide - touched on yes, they're damning put all together but they shouldn't be keystones of the prosecution case and are largely irrelevant since it's not necessary to prove intent plus they can ALL be explained or dismissed when put in different contexts by the defense.

It would be rather odd if he could remember to tell his wife to pick Cooper up but not remember to physically drop him off. If only he had been forgotten at daycare and not in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree. Has it been determined that the "pick up my buddy" message was indeed from that very day? JMO

I think the technical evidence in this case will do RH in. I feel certain that a model of the driver's/passenger's seats will be brought in, showing exactly how that car seat fit between the two and a mannequin the size of Cooper will be shown in the car seat. Maybe a demonstration of backing up also.

In my mind, there is no way RH did not see Cooper in his car seat when he backed up, when he put the vehicle in park, nor when he got out of the car in that parking lot. I think a good model of all the pieces will show that and I hope the prosecution already has someone working on it.

Salem
Said as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

This is exactly what convinced me. It will convict him. JMO

Looks like someone just started a Justice for Cooper Harris FB page today.

Some interesting stuff might show up there.

That was a few days ago. I read about it in a news article and joined. That's where I got my avatar from.

The owner of that page posted yesterday afternoon that JVM wanted to do a phone interview her.

I have been thinking about this since I read about it. "Did you say too much?" It may indicate some kind of collusion, or it may simply be an honest question. There is a pretty big population of people who have been saturated with crime and true crime shows-it would be natural to wonder what biodad had said to get himself into custody. So it might have been an innocent inquiry. My personal belief is that LE is applying pressure to her via the media and the online community. And if she has info material to the case, she should absolutely cough it up in the interest of justice for her son. I think this is a common position that many of us take in a case like this-if she is innocent of participating in this crime than she should by all means choose her son over her husband. JMVHO.

On the other hand, if she has information that might incriminate herself in some way, it seems likely that she will be reluctant to make any further statements whatsoever...I am not speaking about the media, but to investigators. Has she refused to cooperate further?

I find biomom's behavior puzzling, but more like she is underwater or medicated. I still think there are explanations for her behavior that can be attributed to something other than collusion. Maybe I am just holding out hope that Cooper wasn't victimized by both parents. :(

Definitely possible.

And for the record, I am a feminist, and violence against women is an issue that is important to me. I didn't say one word about Leanne until hearing the testimony at the hearing, even after the bizarre funeral comments and tasteless obituary. She very well may be exhibiting signs of an abused person who is fearful, or she may not be.

The "Did you say too much" is just too much for me. It implies, at least for me, that she planned this with RH. At first I believed that he acted on his own, now I am not so sure.

Until I hear more, that could possibly point to mental or physical abuse, I am going to go with my gut, which is this marriage was very dark for sure. I'm just not positive, at this point, that he was all the darkness or if she was equally as dark and their dynamic is what produced this horrible murder.

But I hear what you are saying and if more comes to light indicating Leanne was going through some form of horrific abuse, mentally or physically, and was terrified of him..I will change my mind. Until then, I think she is an accomplice and I have no idea what her reasoning was or is. Her jumping to defend him is certainly bizarre. And that can point to a sort of Stepford "state of mind" or it can point to her complicit involvement.

I believe R chose that particular parking place because it halved the chance that someone parked adjacent to him might forget something, run out to his car to retrieve whatever it was and notice the baby still in his car seat. I haven't read what R's usual office hours were. 9:30 AM to maybe 5 PM (although he left early that day) with a lunch hour is a short day. I think the lunch errand/trip to the car was supposed to allow the discovery to be made with a sympathetic audience, but that didn't work out. It's possible the movie rendezvous was a second attempt to use his friends, but the condition of the victim made that plan impractical, and R decided being with strangers would be a better option.

The problem with that theory is one side of the car is WIDE open to the parking lot. That increases the number of people who could have seen Cooper in the car. This will be a problem for the prosecution trying to prove premeditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8