GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the revelations shocked friends and family members who attended last week’s probable cause hearing, they may not have been a surprise to his wife. Texts sent by her husband indicated that she knew he was cheating on her, prosecutors said. Harris’ wife told investigators the couple was having intimacy issues, Stoddard testified.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/leanna-harris-visits-husband-in-jail/ngbks/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sfp

the hearing was not a trial. If the defense wanted to put those statements into some context other than the one being presented by the prosecution the defense had an opportunity to do so. Bottom line it was a probable cause hearing. The judge ruled it was there. Not a jury who is easily fooled about matters of law. A judge.

the hearing was not a trial. If the defense wanted to put those statements into some context other than the one being presented by the prosecution the defense had an opportunity to do so. Bottom line it was a probable cause hearing. The judge ruled it was there. Not a jury who is easily fooled about matters of law. A judge.

The judge does not have ESP. I assume he used those statements to determine there was probable cause that RH planned the murder of Cooper.

I am wondering if LE is looking into Cooper's medical history to see if there was a past history of abuse or questionable doctor visits.

The judge knows that planning of murder is not needed for these charges to be appropriate. That is something we the general public are stuck on but the judge knows the law being applied and the burden of proof. The hearing was simply him saying yes, it appears from this evidence that these charges are appropriate. Proceed.

I am wondering if LE is looking into Cooper's medical history to see if there was a past history of abuse or questionable doctor visits.

recent warrants suggest they are doing just that.

This^^^

I was also thinking of the saying, "When someone shows you who they are.. believe them the first time." This goes for RH and for the detectives and investigators. Many people were immediately suspicious of RH, the story just didn't add up. But we waited for the hearing and then were just blown away by the evidence. I was impressed by how thorough the preliminary investigation was and how much evidence the investigators had gathered in such a short time. They seemed very competent and professional. How many cases have I followed, where the police just drop the ball, maybe it takes months before they get phone records or interview some witness? Not this time. They were on it. So, it's very unlikely that there's some hidden, secret context that will explain all the guilty-looking behavior away. If the defense was able to put it in context, they surely would have. I think it's obvious that RH is disturbed, "something" is wrong with LH, and the detectives have done a fantastic job. It's really unlikely that there will be some context that will change all that and prove that RH is innocent and the detectives were unscrupulous. JMO

agreed. I do believe that the defense was caught totally offguard. Trial will be time to explore that issue. Until then WS folks will have to hurry up and wait ((dang))

Which videos of death? Did RH watch? Was this different to the vet video explaining what it's like for an animal to be locked inside a vehicle? I must have missed this.
This is huge if they found evidence he had been viewing this subject. Wonder if he got off on it, iykwim.

What is happening next, is there another hearing planned soon? Tia

This^^^

I was also thinking of the saying, "When someone shows you who they are.. believe them the first time." This goes for RH and for the detectives and investigators. Many people were immediately suspicious of RH, the story just didn't add up. But we waited for the hearing and then were just blown away by the evidence. I was impressed by how thorough the preliminary investigation was and how much evidence the investigators had gathered in such a short time. They seemed very competent and professional. How many cases have I followed, where the police just drop the ball, maybe it takes months before they get phone records or interview some witness? Not this time. They were on it. So, it's very unlikely that there's some hidden, secret context that will explain all the guilty-looking behavior away. If the defense was able to put it in context, they surely would have. I think it's obvious that RH is disturbed, "something" is wrong with LH, and the detectives have done a fantastic job. It's really unlikely that there will be some context that will change all that and prove that RH is innocent and the detectives were unscrupulous. JMO

You summarized that whole experience so well. I sat here going, 'no way' every five minutes -- it was amazing. If these guys could be let loose maybe they could resolve a few more mysteries like the JFK assassination. I was totally impressed with what they uncovered to date.

Which videos of death? Did RH watch? Was this different to the vet video explaining what it's like for an animal to be locked inside a vehicle? I must have missed this.
This is huge if they found evidence he had been viewing this subject. Wonder if he got off on it, iykwim.

Videos of people dying on subreddit, I believe. Yes. I think he is a sexual sadist.

lillybell they were apparently "faces of death" type videos. Not that exact title but video similar to those which show real people animals, etc in teh throes of death. like little mini snuff scenes of real death all spliced together.

Videos of people dying by committing suicide, in Iraq, etc...

People here on WS said they had watched it.

The judge knows that planning of murder is not needed for these charges to be appropriate. That is something we the general public are stuck on but the judge knows the law being applied and the burden of proof. The hearing was simply him saying yes, it appears from this evidence that these charges are appropriate. Proceed.

No, that is not all the hearing was about. It was also about bond.

The problem with that theory is one side of the car is WIDE open to the parking lot. That increases the number of people who could have seen Cooper in the car. This will be a problem for the prosecution trying to prove premeditation.

But if R's plan was for someone to find Cooper, then it makes sense he would park there.

JMO

I think the sexting shows how completely unglued bio dad is as a human being. It seems that he represents what is all to typical in a case like this...no plan B. He didn't take into consideration what would happen if he epically messed this murder up-he didn't take into consideration what would happen if they didn't believe him. Well except the search on how to survive in prison perhaps.

Thank God he was too (fill in the blank) to pull this off.

yep; only trying to dig his way out of all these things he can't. Typical narcissist, imo.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008/08/04/how-to-spot-a-narcissist/

But if R's plan was for someone to find Cooper, then it makes sense he would park there.

JMO

Agree. But Stoddard, and many people on this site including the OP, were saying he was trying to be stealth.

ETA, but if someone found him before he died, do you think RH was going to try to off him in another way in the future?

I've looked up faces of death, there's another site I can't quite remember the name that's got a lot of *advertiser censored* on the side of it as well. I've looked up pictures of what happens to a body in a plane crash. Just weirdly fascinated for a long time what happens to a human body. It's a macabre sort of "self placating" that if I understand death through and through it's less intimidating.

We've all looked at the Jonbenet autopsy pictures. So his searches there don't mean anything beyond curiosity to me. But I do think that in exploring all that he realized a "fool proof" way to kill his son and get away with it.

lillybell they were apparently "faces of death" type videos. Not that exact title but video similar to those which show real people animals, etc in teh throes of death. like little mini snuff scenes of real death all spliced together.

Thankyou, I hadn't heard that.
That's not normal is it?
I mean I couldn't watch anything like that, I wouldn't even think about that. I suppose some people may watch stuff like that for their own reasons, but i wonder how many,after viewing this, then find themselves locked up on murder charges of their own son?
Just plain weird. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members