GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of us have seen what it looks like to die. But we don't go on to bake our children to death in cars.

A lot of us have seen what it looks like to die. But we don't go on to bake our children to death in cars.

Yes, that's what I was meaning, I wasn't calling people who view this weird, more the fact he was viewing sites like this and the hot car info, and then his son is found dead in his car.

I have a friend who is obsessed with photos of the dead, from the Victorian era, not for me really, but she finds them quite beautiful x

Yes, that's what I was meaning, I wasn't calling people who view this weird, more the fact he was viewing sites like this and the hot car info, and then his son is found dead in his car.

I have a friend who is obsessed with photos of the dead, from the Victorian era, not for me really, but she finds them quite beautiful x
I know what you meant....we are on the same page.

The problem with that theory is one side of the car is WIDE open to the parking lot. That increases the number of people who could have seen Cooper in the car. This will be a problem for the prosecution trying to prove premeditation.

It looked to me like he was parked next to a little raised grassy island in the parking lot. With the windows tinted, I think someone would have to be pretty close to see into the car from that side. Nobody saw or heard anything (that we know about). but I think that's more likely due to his arrival time. I wish we knew R's schedule and whether HD employees are on staggered shifts, etc. All MOO

Does anyone know if the defense attorney was appointed by the court or hired by RH? Just wondering because I find it interesting that this attorney is best known for sex crime defenses, and until the initial hearing, no one except LE knew about the "sexting". If RH hired him, he must've been nervous about what would be uncovered in phone and text logs...... JMO

Agree. But Stoddard, and many people on this site including the OP, were saying he was trying to be stealth.

ETA, but if someone found him before he died, do you think RH was going to try to off him in another way in the future?

I think he took his chances and I also think you are confusing this with a Home Depot store parking lot. Corporate offices don't have a lot of 'people walking around the parking lot" they come and go on a pretty predictable schedule lunch et al

In fact I hope the DA presents the idea that the reason for the Chik-fil-a stop was to make sure he had arrived at work after everyone else had gone inside and that he parked far away from the entrance so to avoid possible early detection.

I would be interested in seeing his time stamps and when he normally arrived at work. If on this particular day he was later than usual I think it would go far in demonstrating his intent.

But if R's plan was for someone to find Cooper, then it makes sense he would park there.

JMO

Like another poster said, maybe they thought it was a "passive" way of killing him and in fact it would be "God's will" if he died instead of being found.

Keep in mind leaving a kid in a hot car can easily lead to severe brain damage if it doesn't kill them, it isn't just "they either live or they die".

I think he took his chances and I also think you are confusing this with a Home Depot store parking lot. Corporate offices don't have a lot of 'people walking around the parking lot" they come and go on a pretty predictable schedule lunch et al

In fact I hope the DA presents the idea that the reason for the Chik-fil-a stop was to make sure he had arrived at work after everyone else had gone inside and that he parked far away from the entrance so to avoid possible early detection.

I would be interested in seeing his time stamps and when he normally arrived at work. If on this particular day he was later than usual I think it would go far in demonstrating his intent.

LOL, I am not confusing this with a HD store.

When Stoddard told him they were charging him, Harris allegedly responded by saying, “but there’s no malicious intent.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

this statement really makes me wonder if more searches will be turned up by computer forensics. Ones that go specifically to this topic.

LOL, I am not confusing this with a HD store.

Well then what's your point? Why would someone be wandering around the parking lot of a corporate office? He parked next to a car and beside a grassy patch. The only person who would potentially discover Cooper would be the people who parked next to him. Who else would you think could possibly have seen the child?

In the news video I posted yesterday from the recreation, the reporter said basically that the baby would not have been heard crying in that parking lot. jmo

lillybell they were apparently "faces of death" type videos. Not that exact title but video similar to those which show real people animals, etc in teh throes of death. like little mini snuff scenes of real death all spliced together.

Right. I have viewed one or two of those. I tell you for the most part they show how ignorant/stupid some people can be.(do not get out of your car to videotape a grizzly bear). They have been around for over 30 years. Very unpleasant to watch, I did not enjoy.

Well then what's your point? Why would someone be wandering around the parking lot of a corporate office? He parked next to a car and beside a grassy patch. The only person who would potentially discover Cooper would be the people who parked next to him. Who else would you think could possibly have seen the child?

<mod snip> Is the parking lot locked at a certain time so that no clients/visitors can can come and go?

The only reason really to expect someone to go to their car after beginning their work day would be for the lunch hour to go offsite.

If RH parked toward the rear of the lot (far from the entry to treehouse) and on one side was a grassy area (no parking spot) and the other was one vehicle already parked. The risk of discovery by anyone of Cooper is minimal until the lunch hour.

It would be interesting to know if the person he parked next to was known to him and further, if that person's lunch hour habits were known to him.

By lunch, Cooper should have been dead. Tinted windows, no screaming or crying, just difficult to see from outside unless you are looking for it dead baby.

MOO

ITA on the Chick-Fil-A stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason really to expect someone to go to their car after beginning their work day would be for the lunch hour to go offsite.

If RH parked toward the rear of the lot (far from the entry to treehouse) and on one side was a grassy area (no parking spot) and the other was one vehicle already parked. The risk of discovery by anyone of Cooper is minimal until the lunch hour.

It would be interesting to know if the person he parked next to was known to him and further, if that person's lunch hour habits were known to him.

By lunch, Cooper should have been dead. Tinted windows, no screaming or crying, just difficult to see from outside unless you are looking for it dead baby.

MOO
Also would like to know if that car was backed in as well....putting the driver on the other side of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper