GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a car this is similar in size to his, and even my daughters infant car seat was impossible to miss. When she was rear facing the driver seat wouldn't even go back far enough for my hubby to drive. The front facing car seat has fixed that issue, but it's even larger and impossible to miss. That makes it impossible for me to believe he wouldn't have seen the car seat, and makes me question why he would have switched him to that car seat in the first place. Is it known if this car has a rear view camera?

I think the detective said no at the hearing, anyone else remember that?

Great observation. I hadn't thought of that before. If a mother discovered her child wasn't at daycare and believed that her husband had left their child in the car, a normal mother would frantically call her husband and tell him to run out to the car and get the child.
I think she was trying to call but LE had Ross' phone IIRC.

Exactly. You said it better than I did. Avoid the trial. Plead guilty. None of the sexting info would have had to come out.

BBM

He absolutely should change his plea, IMO. As far as the sexual deviant behavior...well, I have no doubt he'll be charged, if not by the state then the feds for sure. They've only 'scratched the surface' thus far.

Okay, I found it. ...

It bothered me that everyone kept saying that JH put the ill fitting rear facing car seat in his car that Cooper had outgrown. Not that I believe JH is innocent, but i get hung up on when people take liberty to re-word things because it can change the scope entirely.

I watched the live trial and picked up on the fact that Stoddard did not specify that it was JH who put the rear seat in his car. The reason I picked up on that is because part of me questions Leanna's involvement and I waffle back and forth on that. But sometimes I second guess my memory so I had to look up the transcripts.

So just to clear the record, at 3:15 during trial, Stoddard testified that the new car seat was in Leanna's car and therefore the older seat had been put back into JH's car 3 weeks earlier. And Stoddard did NOT testify by whom. I just wanted to re-balance the tilt of the facts. Carry on.... :)

I keep checking in because I am waiting for charges against her to pop up.

I just can not think of any reason for a mother to say," He must have left him in the car" as soon as she knew he was not at the day care.
I wonder what her emotions were as she said it too? I hate HATE HATE thinking that these two conspired to kill this child but I can not get it out of my head. I want to wait for all the evidence but at that hearing I fell off the fence with a thud. They had a week or so and uncovered so much. I can not imagine what they will find when they do deep thorough searches.

I have a friend who works for a large company Northrup Grumman and she goes to the parking lot to smoke.( usually when she calls me to chat) So I do agree that in this day with no smoking in buildings that people will now be in parking lots more so then before. I do see people walk at there lunch break as well, but not usually when it's hot out.

BBM. Yep. And it doesn't matter how hot (or cold) it is outside, smokers are gonna smoke, period...moo as an ex-smoker.

I've worked at big and small companies, some had guards in the parking lot and some did not have guards in the parking lot. Either way, in my experience, it is not unusual to see people in the parking lot during the day...the typical times were morning break (around 10AM), lunchtime (anywhere from 11AM - 2PM), and afternoon break (around 3PM). And as you stated, not just smokers, but people taking a walk. One of my jobs had a nice walking path around the perimeter of the parking lot.

Anyway, JMO, FWIW, just wanted to offer other reasons why it's not unusual for people to be out in the parking lot at work.

The problem with that theory is one side of the car is WIDE open to the parking lot. That increases the number of people who could have seen Cooper in the car. This will be a problem for the prosecution trying to prove premeditation.

Maybe he didn't want to be the one to "find" Cooper? Maybe the wide open spot was so a stranger would be the one to find the poor baby, and in R's mind (if indeed premeditated) a random person finding baby had died would bolster his "innocent" claims. Just putting it out there for WS'ers to chew on.

Popsicle, what is the link to the video. I see an article with pictures but no video.

People do grieve differently, but there's a large range of what is normal. Some people might be stoic; others might regularly fall apart. It's when people's behavior falls outside this large range when our hinky meters go off. And while one odd reaction might be overlooked, a string of odd reactions has more import.

In my experience in following these cases, more often than not, people who have odd reactions do end up being involved. But not always.

In this case, I find it telling that LH's own mother found her reactions strange.

And that is exactly why I added "given the circumstances".

Because i too have witnessed people being stoic or in denial - but it always fell in line with the circumstances at hand or in line with how they consistently grieved in other situations. So I still maintain my argument - and to some degree i think what you said is in line with what I am saying.

And I think that is key here - consistency. Grief is as result of more than just death - it occurs in divorce, job loss, moving homes even, having children leave etc. So the point being is that if people reacted a certain way consistently across all forms of grief, then one can argue they are genuine. However if a person grieves consistently through other events in life but falls way out of range when the grief is associated with a crime, then as you say - it is HIGHLY more probable that they are involved.

BBM. Yep. And it doesn't matter how hot (or cold) it is outside, smokers are gonna smoke, period...moo as an ex-smoker.

I've worked at big and small companies, some had guards in the parking lot and some did not have guards in the parking lot. Either way, in my experience, it is not unusual to see people in the parking lot during the day...the typical times were morning break (around 10AM), lunchtime (anywhere from 11AM - 2PM), and afternoon break (around 3PM). And as you stated, not just smokers, but people taking a walk. One of my jobs had a nice walking path around the perimeter of the parking lot.

Anyway, JMO, FWIW, just wanted to offer other reasons why it's not unusual for people to be out in the parking lot at work.

It depends on how close the parking lot is to the building I guess. If people are going out to smoke they don't generally go back to their cars unless their car is really close, they go just far enough away from the doors to be in compliance.

I've seen a lot of people grieve and never seen anyone clap for a killer at his victim's funeral. Never.
I was speechless.

It depends on how close the parking lot is to the building I guess. If people are going out to smoke they don't generally go back to their cars unless their car is really close, they go just far enough away from the doors to be in compliance.

That is what I have seen as well.

Did you watch the video news report from yesterday evening? I put it in the media thread. I think it is the lot where it says Treehouse and he parked on the left end of the 4th row out from the bldg.

I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like this. Is there any way you would mind taking that map and circling where he parked that day. I've been waiting for weeks to figure this out

TYIA or anyone else who can do it! :loveyou:

Thanks for that.

Here's the thing though, you, actually any of us, shouldn't have to keep explaining how a forum - exchange of ideas and opinions - works for those who are being deliberately obtuse, those who either can't or won't understand that they don't get to tell others how they should think, what they should say or bang on and on the same point over and over to derail the discussion.
Moving along.

You are correct that the forum is an exchange of ideas and opinions - More than one person means more than one opinion, and they may not be the same.

Being obtuse can go either way for those who can't or won't understand that they don't get to tell others how they should think, what they should say or bang on and on the same point over and over to derail the discussion.

This can be said for both the majority of opinion as well as for the minority of opinion. Opinions differ, that is what is called a discussion.

Trying to see both sides, weighing all possibilities before coming to a final conclusion does not make one supportive of a baby killer.

Yes, I agree, generally most smokers don't go to their cars, but I was an exception. I always went to my car to smoke (I didn't hang out with the smoker's clique, lol). I'd run the a/c or heat depending on the weather and sit in my car and listen to music. I would always look into the vehicle next to me on the driver's side, but for the most part I didn't pay attention to other cars that I might have passed on the way to mine.

I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like this. Is there any way you would mind taking that map and circling where he parked that day. I've been waiting for weeks to figure this out

TYIA or anyone else who can do it! :loveyou:
I can't but I think it is that area in between the e in Treehouse and the b in Bldg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal