GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I wasn't going to read this thread anymore, but as heavy as my heart is, I can't stop thinking about this case. With that said I haven't read into great detail all the new posts, simply because I can't bring myself to. But I do have a little ranting I have to get off my chest.

I drive a car this is similar in size to his, and even my daughters infant car seat was impossible to miss. When she was rear facing the driver seat wouldn't even go back far enough for my hubby to drive. The front facing car seat has fixed that issue, but it's even larger and impossible to miss. That makes it impossible for me to believe he wouldn't have seen the car seat, and makes me question why he would have switched him to that car seat in the first place. Is it known if this car has a rear view camera?

And regardless if this was an accident or not, which I don't believe at all, it is still murder. I cried once because I left a bag of crickets in my car for my chameleon while I went to the gym, with the windows cracked, and when I came out they were literally melted. I still feel bad that those crickets were simply wasted, even though they were going to be food anyway. If, god forbid, I ever made a mistake this grand, I would be asking for the DP. I wouldn't want to live.

And as far as LH talking about future kids?!?! WT-holy-f?!?! That is not normal. And I don't care for the excuses of how people grieve differently.

If my hubby did this I would probably kill him! Divorce papers would already have been served. I know accidents happen. But leaving your child to die is more than an accident. It is gross negligence. It is a complete failure as a parent.

I felt some sympathy for the woman who went to a job interview and left her kids in the car, because at least she was trying to do something to better her life and that of her kids. It still was poor decision to make and she is fortunate that nothing happened. But what was this idiot doing? Was he so distracted by the idea of taking penis pics to text that he forgot his baby?

And as I think about it, perhaps he thought someone would discover this at work, he knew the timeframe it would take for a child to die in a car, so he possibly thought that by being one of the last ones in, that by lunch when people would be going to their cars that it wouldn't matter if he was discovered.

I just have zero sympathy, accident or planned. To me, even a kid that drowns at a public pool is more understandable, there are many distractions in those situations. But buckling your child in a care and driving for a minute and trying to say you forgot them is ridiculous.

Perhaps day cares will implement a system now of contacting parents who do not drop their kids off like they usually do.

/end rant

When Stoddard told him they were charging him, Harris allegedly responded by saying, “but there’s no malicious intent.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

this statement really makes me wonder if more searches will be turned up by computer forensics. Ones that go specifically to this topic.

Another I'm the smartest man in the room. Jmo

ciao

It is blatantly obvious he left the child in the car. And there are behaviors that point to him planning Cooper's death. However, after thinking about the evidence that came in at the hearing, I can't say it was premeditated, yet.

We sure do see the world differently. I need all facts before I make a decision and I could never advocate for the killing of my child.

Nope just the killing of what makes him a human being. But let's try to get him off on murder right? If we can find a way, we'll do it. I just respectfully disagree with that way of looking at the world. I find it to be immoral. IMVHO:blushing:

I would want them to give him the needle.

Seriously? You would want your grown child to get the needle right away as opposed to a lengthy and diligent investigation by LE that looked at all sides of the evidence?

And you've been trying to find any possible excuse to get him off even thought it's blatantly obvious that he did it. I guess we just see the world differently then. :)

:goodpost::cheer:

Can we stick with the topic of the thread please.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you said the defense was not given all of the evidence prior to the hearing. So this takes me back to my OP about all of this

"It sure does seem the defense should have had access to the recordings.

So that makes me think it is one of two things--ineffective assistance of counsel or incriminating context."

Not a lawyer but I don't think it's unusual that the defense is not given any evidence prior to a probable cause hearing. Not just in this case but in all. If you ever watch bond court they are often dealing with serious cases and the defense attorneys or public defender typically only has access to the arrest warrant. Maybe one of WS's esteemed attorneys can fill us in.

You would think that people would not wander around parking lots of businesses (not retailers) but where I work, there are people milling around. It is really strange. One time at got to work at 5:00 in the morning and people were actually walking around the parking lot. It was kind of scary. I think in my work parking lot, it was probably homeless people milling around but I really do not know.

I work for a pretty big company and I can step outside for some fresh air at any given time during the day. When I do that, it's not unusual to see several other people in our parking lot for whatever reason.

Nope just the killing of what makes him a human being. But let's try to get him off on murder right? If we can find a way, we'll do it. I just respectfully disagree with that way of looking at the world. I find it to be immoral. IMVHO:blushing:

No, like I said, I am into facts, not spin. Bring out all of the facts and let the chips fall where they may. IMO advocating for the execution of someone without all of the facts is immoral.

I posted in another thread about RH's work hours....Did he go in to work later the day Cooper died so he wouldn’t run the risk of his co-workers walking past his car – in other words dodge the parking lot foot traffic? This may have already been discussed - just so much to catch up to.

It is blatantly obvious he left the child in the car. And there are behaviors that point to him planning Cooper's death. However, after thinking about the evidence that came in at the hearing, I can't say it was premeditated, yet.

We sure do see the world differently. I need all facts before I make a decision and I could never advocate for the killing of my child.

but you would defend your adult child killing your grandchild? sheeseeeeee

Seriously? You would want your grown child to get the needle right away as opposed to a lengthy and diligent investigation by LE that looked at all sides of the evidence?

Well since we've been asked to stay on topic I'll only reply this last time. Also I'm loathe to participate in conversations where people try to make it go off topic with hyperbole. But since I don't believe in the death penalty the issue is moot anyway. It was just a figure of speech.

What I mean is, I consider it unconscionable to leave a baby to bake to death in a car (I've been pretty outspoken about this already so I won't repeat myself) And if my grown adult son did this EVEN ACCIDENTALLY I'd want him to man up and take responsibility for what he did to his child. I would of course be compassionate. But I would not waste tax payer money and put the family of his wife through all this because "my precious son can do no wrong." I taught my children to take responsibility for their mistakes and to own up and to be responsible. Not to figure out a way to make excuses and to try to get away with their mistakes.

So I think what some of us are responding to in the direct questions to me, is the idea that there is no question IMO that this is Felony Neglect with 2nd Degree Murder. I would tell my son to go to prison and find his new path in life and follow the journey that has arisen.

I would tell him to plead guilty.

I work for a pretty big company and I can step outside for some fresh air at any given time during the day. When I do that, it's not unusual to see several other people in our parking lot for whatever reason.
This parking lot had a guard and a guard shack.

I understand what you are saying but, in the southern states where the heat builds rather quickly, people tend to stay close to the air conditioning. I was one of those. The parking also had a guard in a guard shack but the distance was too far to be of any advantage in any case.

I have a friend who works for a large company Northrup Grumman and she goes to the parking lot to smoke.( usually when she calls me to chat) So I do agree that in this day with no smoking in buildings that people will now be in parking lots more so then before. I do see people walk at there lunch break as well, but not usually when it's hot out.

I understand what you are saying but, in the southern states where the heat builds rather quickly, people tend to stay close to the air conditioning. I was one of those.

I'm in GA, south of Atlanta. It's gets pretty dang hot here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper