GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that all are negligent. However, the law does not.
I just don't think you can make a blanket statement about it. I do believe that it can and does happen to good loving parents who are just so distracted it slips their mind. I know people who have left children places not in cars, in fact the woman who had her baby next to me in the hospital said that she forgot her son as they were packing up to go to hospital for this baby.

I do believe there are cases it is a real horrible tragic mistake. But I don't see that in this case. We can not judge all cases off of one case.

Total time at the jail was 36 minutes. We don't know how much of that time was actually "visiting" and how much was processing time.

That could be true. Just basing off a local news reporter in that area but more details are likely to come out.

bbm: I agree.

I have no bone to gnaw at, just stating my opinion (not trying to change others) - just seeing it from another perspective. News articles are written in the view point of the reporter, may or may not be accurate and may or may not be biased.

If I was to base my opinion only on MSM articles and the majority of view points, then yes he murdered his son in cold blood. Which was my original thought, and still may go back to that - but after I heard some explanations from the defense lawyer it had me thinking, and questioning, What if this was an accident?

I'm trying to have an open mind in this case, because I just can't imagine the horror this little boy went through, and then to add on it was done on purpose. Or, if it was an accident what the parents have to live with for the rest of their lives. There are no words to really express either situation. But by all means, if he murdered his son, then punish him to the fullest and who ever helped him.

I'm more than willing to explain what made me question if it was an accident - and if it turns out to be otherwise, then let the chips fall, in other words, so be it. Hang'em.
Where did you hear explanations from the defense lawyer?

I've looked up faces of death, there's another site I can't quite remember the name that's got a lot of *advertiser censored* on the side of it as well. I've looked up pictures of what happens to a body in a plane crash. Just weirdly fascinated for a long time what happens to a human body. It's a macabre sort of "self placating" that if I understand death through and through it's less intimidating.

We've all looked at the Jonbenet autopsy pictures. So his searches there don't mean anything beyond curiosity to me. But I do think that in exploring all that he realized a "fool proof" way to kill his son and get away with it.

Well actually no we haven't.

Sorry Chewy - that reads as a really snarky comment and it is not meant that way. But I honestly have never looked at those photos, had no idea they were accessible via the internet and do not think I would want to see them. I have no need to search out pictures of dead people. I have seen someone very dear to me after they died. That's enough for me.

Back to RH and his proclivities, possibly it is wrong to rush to condemn him for looking at a subreddit site on death - I think I would want to know how often and for how long and how vile the stuff he was viewing was before I passed it all off as natural curiosity.

here's what we heard from msm...when asked if she visited her husband, she nodded no. That was later clarified to say that she moved her head from left to right ala "no" I didn't visit my husband. Personally, I think it's reasonable to think she meant "I'm not talking to you" or that she lied about it because it was the press who asked and it's none of their business. We also heard from Fox 5 (Randy Travis, who has been touted here for his reliability) that she videoconferenced.

Totally agree. And Ninette Sosa, area news reporter said the same thing - that she scheduled a video conf 24 hrs in advance.

Shaking of the head does not constitute an answer - it can represent resistance, denial of permission to approach or speak - it can simply mean - "you're an idiot, get outta my face"

Australian news headline this morning:

US dad sought toddler's life insurance

IN jail accused of killing his 22-month-old son, American Ross Harris told family members how to collect the $US27,000 ($A29,213) life insurance policies on the boy, according to search warrants.

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaki...s-life-insurance/story-e6frfkui-1226978727685

Could that article be any more vague? Which family members did he discuss it with and when? Like I've discussed with my sons what to do and who to contact re my estate when I die? Or has he been in communication with someone since he was arrested and is trying to get them to claim the insurance? I loathe click bait articles like this.

Dodger's responsible for 25% of 16 mil damages awarded to beating victim Bryan Stowe

Could that article be any more vague? Which family members did he discuss it with and when? Like I've discussed with my sons what to do and who to contact re my estate when I die? Or has he been in communication with someone since he was arrested and is trying to get them to claim the insurance? I loathe click bait articles like this.

it doesn't say who he spoke to, but yes - after his arrest:

"Through the investigation
Harris has made comments to family members regarding a life insurance policy that he has on Cooper and what they need to do in order to file for it," according to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The article also says that information on whether the family members have filed a claim had not been released.

They just said on HLN that while he was noted on the Tape stopping when that person was walking to his car and picking up his phone like he was talking on it, there was no activity recorded on the phone at that time.
So he was just standing there faking it. IMO.

Excellent fact sheet (it is illegal to leave a child in a car in all states and territories in Australia):

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/docswr/_assets/main/documents/survival_kit/kids_cars.pdf

75% of temperature rise occurs within the first 5 minutes of leaving the car. 90% within 15 minutes.

But...what if the child is left accidentally? Does Australia law allow for absent-minded parents who are on their phones or have their mind on work, etc., rather than on the care and safety of their child?

I am absolutely not trying to be snarky. I have been wondering how often a child dies or suffers injuries due to being left in a hot vehicle in other areas of the world. And also how such cases are handled in the courts, if they are.

We hear about children being left in vehicles here in the US but does it not happen elsewhere in the world? Or is it just considered not global news when it happens in other countries? I am curious as to which it is.

Hire JRH when he is acquitted to date the author's daughter.

Be excited when said daughter is pregnant with his child.

I wonder if this guy would represent RH pro bono in the hopes of it being as high profile as the Anthony case so he can cash in with book deals etc.

I just don't think you can make a blanket statement about it. I do believe that it can and does happen to good loving parents who are just so distracted it slips their mind. I know people who have left children places not in cars, in fact the woman who had her baby next to me in the hospital said that she forgot her son as they were packing up to go to hospital for this baby.

I do believe there are cases it is a real horrible tragic mistake. But I don't see that in this case. We can not judge all cases off of one case.

I agree a blanket statement can't be made, not all negligence is criminal negligence.

See #5 in the link from renarde above. It's a good article by a defense attorney. Not sure what will happen with this case, but it is interesting.

They just said on HLN that while he was noted on the Tape stopping when that person was walking to his car and picking up his phone like he was talking on it, there was no activity recorded on the phone at that time.

The phone records have been leaked or did I miss something? Wow.

Total time at the jail was 36 minutes. We don't know how much of that time was actually "visiting" and how much was processing time.

I wonder how much they will try and change their "tone" and "grief" knowing they are being video and audio recorded. Playing to the camera/future jury.

If that is true, he is done.

But...what if the child is left accidentally? Does Australia law allow for absent-minded parents who are on their phones or have their mind on work, etc., rather than on the care and safety of their child?

I am absolutely not trying to be snarky. I have been wondering how often a child dies or suffers injuries due to being left in a hot vehicle in other areas of the world. And also how such cases are handled in the courts, if they are.

We hear about children being left in vehicles here in the US but does it not happen elsewhere in the world? Or is it just considered not global news when it happens in other countries? I am curious as to which it is.
It is illegal full stop, even if you forget. Just like if you forget to buckle their car seat. Being forgetful or absent minded isn't an excuse.

It happens here, of course - that's why this law was put in place. I'm not sure if the number of incidents has dropped since the law was brought in. It would be interesting to see statistics.

Wow. If that's not a smoking gun I don't know what is ...

It is illegal full stop, even if you forget. Just like if you forget to buckle their car seat. Being forgetful or absent minded isn't an excuse.

It happens here, of course - that's why this law was put in place. I'm not sure if the number of incidents has dropped since the law was brought in. It would be interesting to see statistics.

This!

This is how it has to be viewed in the US. Kids are dying and we are just looking the other way. It is negligent to leave your child in the car! for any reason! Parents need to get off the phone and start being responsible. I am really tired of this, "I forgot" routine and I am ashamed of our legal system for ever accepting that as an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper