GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up! I'm wondering if LH is staying with her MIL because the two are on the same track... defend JRH. Perhaps her welcome in her own mother's home would be different. I still remember that her Mom couldn't understand why she wasn't upset over the death.

I think you're right. IMO her MIL is probably telling LH what she WANTS to hear - feeding the fantasies she might still have that RH was innocent or that this was "God's will". Whereas her Mom (from what we know about the phone call between them earlier) would tell her what she NEEDS to hear, and give her a dose of reality she is probably not ready for. I can only hope this will change as time goes on. Denial is a very strong emotion at first.

WHAT? Omg. Can you say "Dark Ages"?! "Good Wife?" Oh PUH-LEASE!

My absolute worst nightmare. It makes me sad for them, makes me want to hug and help empower them to see that they are being oppressed by their community and church.

It truly makes me sick. First as a woman, and as feminist. If anyone ever dared say those words to another woman in front of me, or to me personally, I'd be thrown out on my ear after they heard the verbal lashing that came out of my mouth in response.

It's truly repugnant. A woman is to blame for their husbands inability to stay faithful? Something has to be wrong with her and not him? This oppresses women and infantalizes men, leaving them free and clear for any and all responsibility for their deceitful actions. Further...standing up for herself is not encouraged? :puke: :puke: :puke: If she did the same...she would be all scarlet letter and she would be deemed a Wh**e

Just infuriates me beyond words. What unbelievable NERVE that takes and patriarchal BS that is.

And honestly, I would not be surprised if Leann was "staying" for some of these very reasons.

First of all, I have never considered myself a "feminist". I have always just done what I wanted to do and never measured myself against what other people thought woman "should be", therefore I had no need to label myself. I don't need to look for definitions as to "what a woman is or how a woman should behave" seeing as how I am a woman.

Secondly, implying that females are so easily manipulated and oppressed basically infantalizes women! This woman is college educated, she married at a mature age, she apparently "groomed" her husband to some extent as well if she encouraged him to go to college, and she is almost certainly more intelligent than he is. I do not believe she is some brainwashed little simpleton.

If she had been married off at 12 years old to a much older partner and kept as a housewife then okay, I could see how she may have been unduly influenced as to what her role should be, but that isn't the case here!

If she is so weak willed that she went along with this plot OR decided to stand by the man that killed her baby then she deserves to be severely punished and it makes me sick to see people acting like she is a brainless female that is really just a victim too.

As soon as I heard her statements at the funeral I thought "Oh Lordy she is involved and she is going to play the abused manipulated obedient little wifey". Before her defense even has time to suggest that angle the folks here are doing it for them!

To me that line of thinking is just as sexist and degrading than the worst paternalistic culture.

I personally agree, but there was a defense attorney claiming that something similiar to the sexting had happened to him and led to his divorce and he claimed that when men were involved in that all thoughts were on that--apparently if all the blood is going down there none is left in the brain to do anything but the most basic of automatic functions. According to him. Couldn't believe he actually went there but he did!:gaah:

Regardless if the sexting distracted him so much he 'forgot' Cooper was there (and totally ignoring all the evidence which suggests premeditation which they DON'T have to prove) it's still criminal negligence that led to a death ie NOT an unfortunate accident. He was the primary caregiver and responsible for the safety of a minor until the point he handed him over to another caregiver. To me it's like a busdriver who is responsible for the safety of the passengers, if he's texting and distracted while driving then has a crash and one of the passengers dies you can bet they'd prosecute the hell outta him.

First of all, I have never considered myself a "feminist". I have always just done what I wanted to do and never measured myself against what other people thought woman "should be", therefore I had no need to label myself. I don't need to look for definitions as to "what a woman is or how a woman should behave" seeing as how I am a woman.

Secondly, implying that females are so easily manipulated and oppressed basically infantalizes women! This woman is college educated, she married at a mature age, she apparently "groomed" her husband to some extent as well if she encouraged him to go to college, and she is almost certainly more intelligent than he is. I do not believe she is some brainwashed little simpleton.

If she had been married off at 12 years old to a much older partner and kept as a housewife then okay, I could see how she may have been unduly influenced as to what her role should be, but that isn't the case here!

If she is so weak willed that she went along with this plot OR decided to stand by the man that killed her baby then she deserves to be severely punished and it makes me sick to see people acting like she is a brainless female that is really just a victim too.

As soon as I heard her statements at the funeral I thought "Oh Lordy she is involved and she is going to play the abused manipulated obedient little wifey". Before her defense even has time to suggest that angle the folks here are doing it for them!

To me that line of thinking is just as sexist and degrading than the worst paternalistic culture.

I totally agree. We should not give women - or indeed anyone - a pass who claim as a defense that they were following the dictates of their religion, when the dictates of a religion clash with the dictates of the LAW then the law takes precedence. Submissive to God's will re men wearing the pants is one thing, great if that's the way you wanna live, but that doesn't allow you to hide behind your submissiveness and eschew your civic responsibilities because they don't happen to gel with your beliefs.

Secondly, implying that females are so easily manipulated and oppressed basically infantalizes women! This woman is college educated, she married at a mature age, she apparently "groomed" her husband to some extent as well if she encouraged him to go to college, and she is almost certainly more intelligent than he is. I don't not believe she is some brainwashed little simpleton that believes everything she is told without questioning it.

With all respect, I am/was an educated woman (way more so than my ex), not in the least bit a simpleton, and I married my ex at 25, and I was very successfully brainwashed by him for years! I think that when one has self-esteem issues to begin with, and/or when you are a person who's a "giver", a narcissist can take advantage of that pretty easily and can successfully make things "all about him" in the relationship. All of this self-sacrifice can further wear down one's self-esteem so it is hard to even see the wrong that is in the relationship. I do have some questions about LH and possible involvement, but I don't think it's sexist to suggest that she may have been damaged by her narcissist ex, used as a "narcissistic supply" by him and then later discarded for younger models who gave him the flattery he needed. It can happen the other way too - there are many female narcissists
who do the same thing to the men in their lives. And just for the record, I am agnostic and my ex is atheist, so religion didn't play a part at all in what happened.

I was going into a store yesterday and saw a dog in a truck with the windows up. As I went by the vehicle there was a paper sign taped in the window that said "Please do not break glass! A/C is running full blast!" And in fact the truck was running and the dog seemed fine. I had never seen that before!

My SO is worked up about this case as well. A while back (she works at a medical practice) she had to bust a window to get a baby out of a car when the mother left the child in the car "for a minute" but locked herself out. She (the mother) was super distraught. Anyway, they broke the window and got the baby out pretty quick and before the police arrived, but she said the child was already sweating profusely.

The pictures of Cooper, particularly the one the used for the memorial, really get to me. Intentional, reckless, accident whatever the little guy will never have another chance - it's just very, very sad.

It is hard to tell. Especially if you don't have hearing loss. He turns his head at 1:02, looks into the officer's face with his left ear facing more toward him and says what or huh. The statement from LE is obviously short, but he hears it the second time and nods. Compare it to how he acts when his attorney speaks in his left ear.

To be it looks like he can't hear the officer and has to turn his head.

A question: if they gather enough evidence to arrest Leanna, will she have to be extradited since she is in another state now? That's how it works here, but I have no clue how things work in the US.

A question: if they gather enough evidence to arrest Leanna, will she have to be extradited since she is in another state now? That's how it works here, but I have no clue how things work in the US.
Her lawyer will probably arrange for her to turn herself in.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lurk::rolleyes:

So shocked that something may have been misrepresented on NG.

Her lawyer will probably arrange for her to turn herself in.

Yes, she would be extradited. And I wonder if that's why she went to bama. To do it quietly (or try) when and if that time comes.

With all respect, I am/was an educated woman (way more so than my ex), not in the least bit a simpleton, and I married my ex at 25, and I was very successfully brainwashed by him for years! I think that when one has self-esteem issues to begin with, and/or when you are a person who's a "giver", a narcissist can take advantage of that pretty easily and can successfully make things "all about him" in the relationship. All of this self-sacrifice can further wear down one's self-esteem so it is hard to even see the wrong that is in the relationship. I do have some questions about LH and possible involvement, but I don't think it's sexist to suggest that she may have been damaged by her narcissist ex, used as a "narcissistic supply" by him and then later discarded for younger models who gave him the flattery he needed. It can happen the other way too - there are many female narcissists
who do the same thing to the men in their lives. And just for the record, I am agnostic and my ex is atheist, so religion didn't play a part at all in what happened.

The way I see it adults can engage in any type of relationship they like (within the bounds of the law, of course).

Regardless, if one had been an accomplice in the killing of their own child the fact they were manipulated by a narcissist would not get them off the hook in my eyes, I would still want them to do serious prison time.

Doughboy might get a conjugal visit, but it won't be from his wife. If ya know what I mean....

Old sext, "Let's meet up behind the bar!"
New sext, "Let's meet up behind bars!"

The only web he's browsing now is the one outside his cell the cleaning crew can't/won't reach.

Even on a month to month lease she'd still have to pay the rent and have given notice that she was going to vacate. I think she's gone on her attorney's advice just to put some distance between her and the media - good luck with that. The fact that she's gone to her in-laws rather than her own parents is rather gobsmacking though - suggests to me she's drawing her line in the sand and showing which side of it she stands as in: "FU haters, I'm supporting my man and I don't care what anybody thinks."

For some reason I thought her folks were not together and her mother lived here. And that when they first moved here they lived with her mother for a bit. But I can't it up right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper