GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering...the only thing I have heard about Leanna's employment is that she is a dietician and works out of the home. It just seems odd, if that is the case, that Cooper was at daycare ALL DAY.. I would think that maybe a half day would work better financially for them since it's hard to imagine Leanna making the big bucks in her so-called profession while at home. JMO

If he "forgot" Cooper, how does he know he was sleeping?

Regardless if the sexting distracted him so much he 'forgot' Cooper was there (and totally ignoring all the evidence which suggests premeditation which they DON'T have to prove) it's still criminal negligence that led to a death ie NOT an unfortunate accident. He was the primary caregiver and responsible for the safety of a minor until the point he handed him over to another caregiver. To me it's like a busdriver who is responsible for the safety of the passengers, if he's texting and distracted while driving then has a crash and one of the passengers dies you can bet they'd prosecute the hell outta him.

I whole heartedly agree--anyone who texts and causes the death of another ought to have the book thrown at them. I only wondered if he had been doing that since a defense attorney has already raised that flag so to speak. I just wondered if anyone had heard if LE had the records to show if he was doing that or not. To me if he was it is LESS of a defense since his mind was on that instead of on his precious child.
* a talking head defense attorney, not his

MSM are despicable.

I saw the clip at a house. I thought one that is a really strange shirt to wear and two it was very, very sleazy of the reporters to jam a camera on her in the doorway like that. Totally insensitive and not going to produce anything worthwhile. I saw the article said they spoke with her briefly which is a highly inaccurate account of their jamming a camera on her unwillingly and her saying they had no comment.

You can find things out on MSM, but definitely take with a big pinch of salt as the objective is clearly and obviously ratings above anything else.

Just wondering...the only thing I have heard about Leanna's employment is that she is a dietician and works out of the home. It just seems odd, if that is the case, that Cooper was at daycare ALL DAY.. I would think that maybe a half day would work better financially for them since it's hard to imagine Leanna making the big bucks in her so-called profession while at home. JMO

Not sure how that goes though. I'm unclear on it. When my last job became very regional, I worked out of the home, but that meant all kinds of things going on during the day and frequent trips away from the house. It might have been like that for her too -she was based from home in that there was no sense having an office, but worked to appointments or lots of conference calls what have you. Just don't know.

It's not so much sympathy as it is wondering why a defense is even presented. If the threshold is low, why not just have the prosecution present their evidence to the judge for a determination.

I am trying to catch up...well this system probably works better when there is more ambiguity in a case. The defendant is entitled to a vigorous defense and that is at all hearings I believe. I suspect biodad had been advised that he didn't have a prayer, but it gave the DT a chance to try and explain the unexplainable. Like, sure dad was sexting when Cooper died but it was just dumb luck not criminal. OK, well it turned out it was criminal because one of the recipients was underage, but you get my point.

It is also a chance to present character witnesses to show ties to the community, no priors, great dad, stand up guy to persuade the judge that dad was being overcharged and that he was not a flight risk.

This case has been well investigated imvho-LE had a lot of information during this hearing and it is the tip of the iceburg because they only show enough of their hand to convince the judge that there is probable cause.

This is going to end up a plea deal if the DP goes on the table-that is my very honest opinion as well. Bio dad is too much of a coward to roll the dice with his own life. It is only a matter of time before he tosses mom under the bus...again imvho.

If as reported she is a dietitian for Davita, she either worked at the Davita dialysis center located just south of White Water in Marietta Ga.or she did home nutrition visits the same way a home health nurse would.

Davita is a Fortune 500 company

"DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. is one of the largest kidney care companies in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado."

"Their offerings include in-center hemodialysis, in-center nocturnal dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis, vascular access management, chronic kidney disease education, and renal diet assistance."

"As of Dec. 31 2011, DaVita operates or provides administrative services at more than 1,800 dialysis facilities and domestically employs more than 41,000 people."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DaVita

Patients in ESRD End Stage Renal Disease have to really watch what they eat. They are usually having to get dialysis 3x a week in order to stay alive and most are on kidney transplant lists. They have blood drawn frequently and based on the results the dietitian advises them as to what they should and should not consume.

Whether she worked in the office, did home visits or some of both, these are people she would be interacting with at the least on a monthly basis if not a weekly one and she would be in touch with the office several times a day to get lab results for her patients in order to assist them with their nutritional needs.

The renal dietitian is an integral part of their life line to keep them functioning and healthy until they can have a transplant.

The job she had isn't like selling Mary Kay or Pampered Chef. These peoples lives were literally in her hands. She could not have a toddler on her hip while working period.

If she didn't work at Davita then nothing I said applies.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Even on a month to month lease she'd still have to pay the rent and have given notice that she was going to vacate.

Under the circumstances, if I were her landlord I'd be jumping for joy that she wanted to leave quickly. She is no doubt having a lot of very angry visitors, not to mention the world press, and that's potentially physically destructive, not to mention just plain unsettling and intrusive for the other tenants.

:gasp: C Wilkerson actually said that? if an accident happened and they lost a child, a lot of marriages don't survive the loss of a child, so divorce would be understandable.

Those weren't her exact words. I was paraphrasing. The transcript should be available now on HLN

Someone a few pages back said JHs mom is possibly in denial OR she's another

Cindy Anthony. :gaah:

I hope it's just denial. I really don't want to believe there could be more people like CA in the world

A good article. Boy oh boy do I feel bad for this friend.
(Mcrae)
He said he's been watching TV all the time to hear of news on the case. "As more stuff comes out I just look over at my roommate and I say, How did he become this monster? What happened?"

“There's so many questions running through my mind that I want answers to, just like everybody else ... If this was on purpose, I hope he gets what's coming to him. And if she (Leanna)" knows anything about it, I hope she's right there with him."

interesting interview

from your link:

''He described Leanna as shy and Ross as uptight. She controlled their finances until very recently, and would be upset with Ross if he spent money without telling her first. Ross was more laid back and seemingly always late.

"We joked he was the kind of person to be late to his own funeral," McRea said. "It didn't seem like he ever took anything seriously. But I always assumed he could be serious when he needed to be."

couple of inconsistencies though: how could Ross be uptight and laid back at the same time?

the comments about stopping to get hairspray at the time of his wedding is hilarious. He would get upset if he had a hair out of place. (from the link in previous post)

Hey guys, does LE know and if so has it been mentioned, was he texting any on the way to work? Could he have been so busy checking out boobies that he wasn't paying any attention to his son? Not that such a thing would be an excuse, but on one of the talking heads a attorney was implying that could have been the case. Sorry I
don't have link. He was just making an excuse anyway but I did wonder after that.

During the PC hearing Det Stoddard said in his testimony, that they asked him if he was distractdd by talking on the phone or texing in the car after he left CFA and RH said No.

You can find the links to the videos of the hearing in the media thread

I was going into a store yesterday and saw a dog in a truck with the windows up. As I went by the vehicle there was a paper sign taped in the window that said "Please do not break glass! A/C is running full blast!" And in fact the truck was running and the dog seemed fine. I had never seen that before!

My SO is worked up about this case as well. A while back (she works at a medical practice) she had to bust a window to get a baby out of a car when the mother left the child in the car "for a minute" but locked herself out. She (the mother) was super distraught. Anyway, they broke the window and got the baby out pretty quick and before the police arrived, but she said the child was already sweating profusely.

The pictures of Cooper, particularly the one the used for the memorial, really get to me. Intentional, reckless, accident whatever the little guy will never have another chance - it's just very, very sad.

I saw something similar the other day, only there wasn't a note. We had parked in a Publix parking lot and noticed a panting dog in the car across from us. My husband got out to check if the car was running or off and lucky for the dog, it was running and you could see the air blowing his cute little bulldog face.
This time last year though, we were at a Super H Mart and saw a dog locked up in a hot car that was not running and we did report it to the police department.

interesting interview

from your link:

''He described Leanna as shy and Ross as uptight. She controlled their finances until very recently, and would be upset with Ross if he spent money without telling her first. Ross was more laid back and seemingly always late.

"We joked he was the kind of person to be late to his own funeral," McRea said. "It didn't seem like he ever took anything seriously. But I always assumed he could be serious when he needed to be."

couple of inconsistencies though: how could Ross be uptight and laid back at the same time?

Not that I am taking this guy's opinion as fact, but I think he was describing how they were when together, when he said he's uptight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214