GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoddard was never asked, and did not say, whether the officers heard someone on the other end of the line (as they did wrt Leanna's mother, for example). So their interpretation that he was talking to a person on the other end of the line is still open as far as I'm concerned. But that's just me. jmo

I don't think he talked to anyone except maybe a receptionist at LAA that put him through to toddler room A, in which he was on hold. I think if he told someone at daycare so they could tell LH, they would have told her they spoke to RH, otherwise, was it a smart thought for LAA to say Ross didn't bring CH in today.

So, are you saying that you think he was 'faking' phone calls telling dead air that his child had died?

No...he could have just been emotionally babbling like omg, omg, while holding or he could have been leaving a message. If I just found out I was responsible for my child's death, I would have been doing an awful lot of emotional "self-talk." But everyone's different.

BBM

Uh oh, could this be used as a defence, perhaps?

LOL not if they check out the pics he sent that afternoon...but then wouldn't it be funny if it turns out that the pics were NOT of his genitalia!!!

JHR could have been mumbling to himself while on hold. I'm with you on the six minute phone call. There's no proof that he talked to anyone yet. JMO.

See my post #236.

Gotcha! So, you think he was talking to dead air or mumbling to himself, telling an imaginary person that his son had died?

It did come up before? I thought I was the only one thinking it.
That really smart female lawyer on JVM... her name is on the tip of my tongue. She said don't be surprised to find out they are in an alternative lifestyle. It was just a blip here though. Like you, I think it is a real possibility.

eta Wendy Murphy

No...he could have just been emotionally babbling like omg, omg, while holding or he could have been leaving a message. If I just found out I was responsible for my child's death, I would have been doing an awful lot of emotional "self-talk." But everyone's different.

Oh okay, I see what you and RANCH mean now, but there is no way I buy that at this time. Especially not when Stoddard testified about the defendant making 3 phone calls, with one of them going through for 6 minutes. (AND HE LIED about it)

I am, however, still unsure about that entire 6 minute phone call. (on hold, open phone, etc...)

Gotcha! So, you think he was talking to dead air or mumbling to himself, telling an imaginary person that his son had died?

See Karmady's post #250. I agree with that.

I'm figuring nobody really liked her, you would think by now people she worked with would have said something. Or she is very shy and didn't mingle much with people. Very odd
They did. Her Davita Teammates, the people she works with, I saw something on Legacy.com. Doctors and licensed professionals have all been schooled about what NOT to do. Inserting yourself into a homicide case would be frowned upon. I bet they are supporting her privately through text calls or email. LH is still being watched by LE so that may be a bit of a problem. I'd be afraid to use any for of electronic communication.

I do agree that she probably didn't have any girl friends here in Marietta. The more I hear about RH the more convinced I am the he truly is a psychopath. It would be par for the course to isolate her from outside influences. Can't have her girl friend around trying to convince her that normal people don't live/act like him.

People like RH chase friends and often family away. They build walls between people to keep them from comparing notes with each other so that their hidden life doesn't get exposed. They lie and cheat and steal, then lie about that.
They will turn on you and throw you under the bus in a split second. Everything is always someone else's fault.

Even if LH tried to make friends, I bet the vibes that RH gave sent those girls running for the hills.
He had her number the day he met her. She likes to take care of people. While she isn't a nurse exactly she is a nurturer. He needed someone to tale care of him.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Oh okay, I see what you and RANCH mean now, but there is no way I buy that at this time. Especially not when Stoddard testified about the defendant making 3 phone calls, with one of them going through for 6 minutes. (AND HE LIED about it)

I am, however, still unsure about that entire 6 minute phone call. (on hold, open phone, etc...)

well, just to be clear, he didn't say he didn't call anyone or that the call hadn't connected (to vm for example). He said he hadn't TALKED to anyone. I just listened to that part of Stoddard's testimony.

See my post directly above yours, I don't. :D (but I did include you in it)

We can agree to disagree. You may be right and we may see evidence from a person that talked to him down the road. I'm just not sure at this point.

Witnesses and officers at the scene with the defendant both said that he was on the phone telling someone that his child had died. He did make phone calls to someone, so indeed he lied about it.

And when a female LEO told him to get off the phone, he so charmingly said to "shut the *advertiser censored** up". So, when asked if he had called anyone, whether he made contact or not, the truthful answer would be yes.

LOL not if they check out the pics he sent that afternoon...but then wouldn't it be funny if it turns out that the pics were NOT of his genitalia!!!

I think he was sexting all day, not working. I'm sure sexting is the only thing that keeps his mind busy. I bet he didn't even work on any HD projects that day.

It appears the convo went to questionning the head direction of "Stoddard while addressing the judge", not the direction of which way RH turned his head while dropping off the lightbulbs. That's where it got confusing. Also, I disagree that RH turned his head toward the windshield. Going to find that part of the video now as if that were the case, I am not even sure why it would even be mentioned.

No, Stoddard was demonstrating what RH did when he turned left toward the Judge. I just looked and it's not on the Youtube video. The testimony is, but they don't show Stoddard. Maybe it's on the WAT version...anyone?

eta: or maybe it's just not shown in the pros. questioning? I don't remember whether the defense asked Stoddard about it.

We can agree to disagree. You may be right and we may see evidence from a person that talked to him down the road. I'm just not sure at this point.

I agree, he didn't talk to his employer and he didn't talk to the guys he was supposed to meet for the 5:00 movie. By the time they realized he was late, they were trying to reach him but LE had his phone.

well, just to be clear, he didn't say he didn't call anyone or that the call hadn't connected (to vm for example). He said he hadn't TALKED to anyone. I just listened to that part of Stoddard's testimony.

Haha! I knew you were going to get on me about that part.

See, I believe he talked to someone (per witness and LE statements), so yes, he did lie by saying he didn't talk to someone.

You believe the opposite, therefore you don't believe he lied. I tend to believe the evidence at face value unless/until it's proven otherwise. In other words, I believe LE and the witnesses.

So, in your opinion:
If he talked to someone---he lied
If he didn't talk to anyone---he didn't lie.

Is that fair?

I truly think that saying or believing he was mumbling to himself or talking to dead air, is too much of a stretch but I definitely will re-evaluate if more proof comes to light.

Occam's razor and all that.

My first post. I have been thinking about "popped up the rear door to his vehicle". Maybe it was because the smell was so bad and he was trying to let the smell escape from the SUV. I find it very strange that he didn't open the back door first to remove CH from the car.

And when a female LEO told him to get off the phone, he so charmingly said to "shut the *advertiser censored** up". So, when asked if he had called anyone, whether he made contact or not, the truthful answer would be yes.

Again, Stoddard didn't say he was asked whether he called anyone. He was asked whether he talked to anyone. To which he answered no. As far as we know right now, that was a truthful statement unless you believe that the officers present at the scene could not be mistaken in their interpretation that he was talking "to" someone when they saw him talking with a phone to his ear. Notably, the person who he was supposed to be talking to was not identified at the PCH and had not yet been spoken to by LE, even though three of the daycare workers were identified by name at the PCH and had been spoken to.

eta: It should be TWO daycare workers (MG and T?) I think, not three. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6