GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't have her girl friend around trying to convince her that normal people don't live/act like him.

Yet a long time friend of RH IS on record saying he liked both of them, but LH got peeved off and that ended the friendship between him and RH.

Abused females don't tell their abuser which old friends they can keep.

Haha! I knew you were going to get on me about that part.

See, I believe he talked to someone (per witness and LE statements), so yes, he did lie by saying he didn't talk to someone.

You believe the opposite, therefore you don't believe he lied. I tend to believe the evidence at face value unless/until it's proven otherwise. In other words, I believe LE and the witnesses.

So, in your opinion:
If he talked to someone---he lied
If he didn't talk to anyone---he didn't lie.

Is that fair?

I truly think that saying or believing he was mumbling to himself or talking to dead air, is too much of a stretch but I definitely will re-evaluate if more proof comes to light.

Occam's razor and all that.

Definitely fair :) Except I would add that I disagree about the question that was posed to him. I think he was asked if he talked to anyone, not whether he called anyone. That's based on Stoddard's testimony. Fwiw, I don't have a belief one way or the other. I just feel like I don't know. I do think that the way Stoddard testified about the facts surrounding the issue, there's a good chance that what actually happened is not as clear as it might seem. jmo :seeya:

That really smart female lawyer on JVM... her name is on the tip of my tongue. She said don't be surprised to find out they are in an alternative lifestyle. It was just a blip here though. Like you, I think it is a real possibility.

eta Wendy Murphy

I have a friend who defends her husband's heavy-*advertiser censored* use as a result of his "low testosterone levels" and problems maintaining an erection. They are very "Christian". They see it as a medical issue for which *advertiser censored* provides assistance.

I can't help wondering which comes first, the chicken or the egg.

My first post. I have been thinking about "popped up the rear door to his vehicle". Maybe it was because the smell was so bad and he was trying to let the smell escape from the SUV. I find it very strange that he didn't open the back door first to remove CH from the car.

That's a mistake in the transcript. Stoddard said "popped open," not popped up.

They did. Her Davita Teammates, the people she works with, I saw something on Legacy.com. Doctors and licensed professionals have all been schooled about what NOT to do. Inserting yourself into a homicide case would be frowned upon. I bet they are supporting her privately through text calls or email. LH is still being watched by LE so that may be a bit of a problem. I'd be afraid to use any for of electronic communication.

I do agree that she probably didn't have any girl friends here in Marietta. The more I hear about RH the more convinced I am the he truly is a psychopath. It would be par for the course to isolate her from outside influences. Can't have her girl friend around trying to convince her that normal people don't live/act like him.

People like RH chase friends and often family away. They build walls between people to keep them from comparing notes with each other so that their hidden life doesn't get exposed. They lie and cheat and steal, then lie about that.
They will turn on you and throw you under the bus in a split second. Everything is always someone else's fault.

Even if LH tried to make friends, I bet the vibes that RH gave sent those girls running for the hills.
He had her number the day he met her. She likes to take care of people. While she isn't a nurse exactly she is a nurturer. He needed someone to tale care of him.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Something so very insightful about these thoughts, gngr~snap.... and I can't quite put my finger on what rings true but it resonates with me on an intuitive level.

I am glad to hear you say that because I get weak in the knees thinking about another child killer being set free by a "jury without a clue."
Nope, not gonna happen here IMO.
I believe they will go for the death penalty.

Here are a few comments from another case it might give you a feeling about Cobb County's possible juror pool.

"Cobb County District Attorney Pat Head said he has no hesitation about seeking the death penalty if the facts of the case warrant it. Drucker's case qualified because it was a double homicide and because it was excessively cruel and inhumane, Head said."

Head said he is confident the jury will convict Drucker.

Cobb County residents are considered primarily conservative, which has helped Head's office obtain the death penalty three times since he became district attorney in 1998.

Eight people on death row in Georgia were convicted in Cobb.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/cobb-death-penalty-for-drucker-could-be-tougher-se/nQMRg/

So, are you saying that you think he was 'faking' phone calls telling dead air that his child had died?

As of right now we do not know if he was talking to "someone". We do know that he was talking. No one heard a "someone" respond, therefore, it is a possibility that while he was indeed "talking" he was not "talking to anyone, it is also possible that when he said he wasn't talking to anyone in his goofy mind he was telling the truth, because if he was leaving a message he was talking to a machine. See? No one thinks the cops lied, but there is so far no proof to us that he was talking WITH "someone. MOO

Some of the possible side effects of the low-T meds are as bad, or worse, than the problem, including loss of concentration, and many more. I can see this becoming an issue, if he was in fact taking them.

Also, in the 51% of cases not charged or prosecuted, I wonder how it was decided the leaving of the child was just a mistake? Was it based on parents reaction?

Gotcha! So, you think he was talking to dead air or mumbling to himself, telling an imaginary person that his son had died?

I think it is as least possible that he was faking a call in order to not be questioned at that moment. Jmo

I think it is as least possible that he was faking a call in order to not be questioned at that moment. Jmo

Least likely of all possibilities, IMHO. He would not need to hide away. And he would not have dialed numbers in this case.

Nope, not gonna happen here IMO.
I believe they will go for the death penalty.

Here are a few comments from another case it might give you a feeling about Cobb County's possible juror pool.

"Cobb County District Attorney Pat Head said he has no hesitation about seeking the death penalty if the facts of the case warrant it. Drucker's case qualified because it was a double homicide and because it was excessively cruel and inhumane, Head said."

Head said he is confident the jury will convict Drucker.

Cobb County residents are considered primarily conservative, which has helped Head's office obtain the death penalty three times since he became district attorney in 1998.

Eight people on death row in Georgia were convicted in Cobb.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/cobb-death-penalty-for-drucker-could-be-tougher-se/nQMRg/

Is the case likely to stay in Cobb County though with all of the media coverage?

I know Cobb has tried several cases where a change of venue was granted from another county to here. I can't remember or find any cases that were granted a change of venue to be tried outside of Cobb. All I see are denials. Surely there are some!

bbm~ practically everyone I know has inadvertently driven through a red light, including myself. It's kind of a good analogy, actually, imo. What if one of them had their child in the car and the child was killed in an accident caused by mom/dad unintentionally blowing through a red light? Life in prison or the DP? Idk.

In this case, I think I need to tighten up my hypothetical.

Suppose RH were employed by the entity that installed the red light. He had the traffic light apparatus in his hands, did the final adjustments...tested it...saw that it was working properly. And then entered his car and seconds later...sped right through that same red light and killed someone. Oops, he "forgot" he had just installed a red light at that intersection.

That's a whole OTHER level of forgetfulness.

Suppose someone pours a lethal poison into a milk bottle...and then, seconds later, serves it to his child...And says he "forgot" there was poison in the bottle and thought it was milk.

Suppose some takes his child into the deep end of his family pool...plays with him for 20 minutes and then immediately climbs out and leaves the child to drown. Oh...he "forgot" the child was still in the pool.

There is a tangible difference in the types of "forgetting" we are discussing here. I think a jury can see a difference easily.

RH spent considerable time with Baby Cooper in that restaurant. The child was active and talking. He put him in that seat with his own hands. He kissed that Baby. And , SECONDS! SECONDS! SECONDS later..He "forgets" he has a child with him? This is the key point that will put this Monster where he belongs...in jail or on death row.

That kind of "forgetting" defies all credulity. To believe it, is to believe that RH is barely functional, needs supervision and care HIMSELF. The other option is that he is a child killer who chose a tortuous death for his own Baby.

Definitely fair :) Except I would add that I disagree about the question that was posed to him. I think he was asked if he talked to anyone, not whether he called anyone.

FYI if I were in a similar situation (in shock) and someone asked if I just talked to someone because I was on the phone, I would likely say something like "I tried to call so and so....but got on hold". I would stutter out an honest reply.

Huh? I don't know what that has to do with it?

Unless I misread it, Stoddard said that he was talking on the phone when the cops arrived. When Stoddard asked him about it he said that he did not talk to anyone" Obviously, if one believes the cop, he WAS talking I suspect he was being tricky in that he perhaps was leaving a voice mail message, but not conversing. Oh the webs we weave! lol JMO

Approx. at the 22:00 minute mark here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u--A2TwZg&index=7&list=UUyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg

Witnesses that were interviewed said he was talking to someone telling that his child had just died.

In this case, I think I need to tighten up my hypothetical.

Suppose RH were employed by the entity that installed the red light. He had the traffic light apparatus in his hands, did the final adjustments...tested it...saw that it was working properly. And then entered his car and seconds later...sped right through that same red light and killed someone. Oops, he "forgot" he had just installed a red light at that intersection.

That's a whole OTHER level of forgetfulness.

Suppose someone pours a lethal poison into a milk bottle...and then, seconds later, serves it to his child...And says he "forgot" there was poison in the bottle and thought it was milk.

Suppose some takes his child into the deep end of his family pool...plays with him for 20 minutes and then immediately climbs out and leaves the child to drown. Oh...he "forgot" the child was still in the pool.

There is a tangible difference in the types of "forgetting" we are discussing here. I think a jury can see a difference easily.

RH spent considerable time with Baby Cooper in that restaurant. The child was active and talking. He put him in that seat with his own hands. He kissed that Baby. And , SECONDS! SECONDS! SECONDS later..He "forgets" he has a child with him? This is the key point that will put this Monster where he belongs...in jail or on death row.

That kind of "forgetting" defies all credulity. To believe it, is to believe that RH is barely functional, needs supervision and care HIMSELF. The other option is that he is a child killer who chose a tortuous death for his own Baby.

Snipped an bolded by me.

"Suppose some takes his child into the deep end of his family pool...plays with him for 20 minutes and then immediately climbs out and leaves the child to drown. Oh...he "forgot" the child was still in the pool".

Wow the pool really sends it home!
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—