GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, I don't think the death penalty has anything to do with the US being less civilized. The death penalty is about getting these murderers off the streets. Nothing more nothing less. If they are alive, they can get out. JMO. If they don't get out, it is working.

We know he allegedly txt.her @ 3:16pm He allegedly called her for 1 min @4:04 pm

We know he left HD @4:16 pm
after calling his movie buddies to say he would be late.

We know @4:24 pm he was at Akers Mill on his cell yet again saying our child is dead (something similar)

@ 4:51 pm Leanna shows up at daycare.

What are the chances that @ 4:24 pm he did get her cell, but it went straight to voice mail?

What he was saying could have not even registered with her when she checked her vm.
She gets to daycare, no Cooper, "Ross must have left
him in the car"- like she's coming to grips with it.

Just because we haven't heard about a voice mail doesn't mean there wasn't one prior to her going to the daycare.
We know that the police took his phone, so she may not have been able to get through.
We haven't been told that she never responded have we?
We are just assuming that aren't we? I am not sure anymore.
They didn't have cell phones records yet.
"Did you say too much" makes total sense to me.
Ross sounds like someone that would talk your ear off if you let him.
Anytime someone over explains they start looking guilty.

I guess it will all be explained in 2016. I can see reasons why she would say some things, and I can see why they point to her knowledge as well.

I wonder if JRH did a trial run and she caught him? They both went to sites around the same time. Her reason might of been more legit than his, and would kinda make sense of her saying he must of left Cooper in the car.

This is not a thread for debating the death penalty. Take that convo to the Political Pavilion, please.

Salem

FWIW, in the last thread I posted about finding a link to a &#8220;meet beautiful single women&#8221; website that listed rossharris00 among a bunch of other names. It's some sort of IRC. Because the <cough> chats are private there's no text trail to see what was said.

I mainly posted it because the date on the link in Google was May 22, 2014 &#8211; around the time a friend shared that LH seemed to have changed her mind about having more kids for the time being.

About 10 seconds after I opened the site popups started appearing from women inviting me to &#8220;chat&#8221; so I blazed out of there. Ewwww. :puke:

I saw that one, too.

Prob should take this to the RH media thread

I know I'm weird but I have this thing with numbers. Every time I see that he texted her about picking up his buddy at 3:16--it creeps me out.

Google John 3:16

No, I am NOT saying it has any meaning, nor am I opening up any religious debates but just thinking of how religious they are, it creeps me out.

In this case, I think I need to tighten up my hypothetical.

Suppose RH were employed by the entity that installed the red light. He had the traffic light apparatus in his hands, did the final adjustments...tested it...saw that it was working properly. And then entered his car and seconds later...sped right through that same red light and killed someone. Oops, he "forgot" he had just installed a red light at that intersection.

That's a whole OTHER level of forgetfulness.

Suppose someone pours a lethal poison into a milk bottle...and then, seconds later, serves it to his child...And says he "forgot" there was poison in the bottle and thought it was milk.

Suppose some takes his child into the deep end of his family pool...plays with him for 20 minutes and then immediately climbs out and leaves the child to drown. Oh...he "forgot" the child was still in the pool.

There is a tangible difference in the types of "forgetting" we are discussing here. I think a jury can see a difference easily.

RH spent considerable time with Baby Cooper in that restaurant. The child was active and talking. He put him in that seat with his own hands. He kissed that Baby. And , SECONDS! SECONDS! SECONDS later..He "forgets" he has a child with him? This is the key point that will put this Monster where he belongs...in jail or on death row.

That kind of "forgetting" defies all credulity. To believe it, is to believe that RH is barely functional, needs supervision and care HIMSELF. The other option is that he is a child killer who chose a tortuous death for his own Baby.

There is no such things as levels of forgetfulness. You either forgot or you did not forget. The difference is in the severity of the outcome.

Especially when you consider he made 7 right hand turns just to get to his parking space going into work that morning!!

To make a right hand turn, one would look to the left for oncoming traffic.

RH had to make a u-turn toward the left when he exited the CFA. I think you'd be looking forward at the traffic to make a u-turn, not turning your head.

RH stated he first saw Cooper in the afternoon when he looked back to make a lane change to the right. Makes sense but, the detective did say that would not have been the only time RH would've had to make a lane change to the right that day. So he should have seen Cooper before that.

thoughts on whether distraction of a selfish unnecessary nature causing RH to forget can be considered an "accident"

It is one thing to be distracted by heavy stress, a terminally ill relative, an impending eviction, etc. Those items are outside stressors that cannot be controlled or avoided. They are thrust upon the distracted individual.

Sexting, sex addiction, and self centered choices IMO do not qualify as that sort of distraction that can be understood, accepted or forgiven. As they all begin with choices by the individual who is distracted.

This is why even IF I believed (I don't) that he was actually so distracted by the sexting or the anticipation of the sexting that he actually forgot his child was in the car, IMO it is still criminally neglectful.

This case reminds me of the horrible young parent who let their child die strapped into a carseat after the grandma dropped baby off. Why? Daddy was in charge, and daddy was so wrapped up in interactive gaming that the child sat there screaming and dying in its own waste for days because daddy couldn't seem to tear himself away from his "addiction".

To me the sexting or a sex addiction excuse is not going to cut it. Any more than that BS father addicted to video gaming BS did for that other case.

When parents choose selfish exploits and endeavors or addictions over their children, IMO it is the epitome of criminal neglect.

There is no such things as levels of forgetfulness. You either forgot or you did not forget. The difference is in the severity of the outcome.

How wrong you are.

I left the house today and forgot my bottle of water. No biggie

I went to see my Mom who suffers from Multi-Infarct Dementia. (or Vascular Dementia.)

Totally different levels of forgetfulness.

I have to admit, the more I hear of "what ifs" and speculation on how JRH could be innocent of premeditation, the more on the fence I become. I have always been one to give the benefit of the doubt but in this case I immediately jumped to guilt simply because I think even if you "accidentally" leave your child in the car, you are liable. Do I think he is sleazy for the sexting? Yes! Do I think he is really irresponsible? Yes! Do I think he should be charged and found guilty of something? Yes! Do I think he left poor Cooper in the car intentionally and with murderous intent? Now I am no longer sure.

I know that this is confusing. I guess what I am really trying to say is that every single parent who has "accidentally" left a child in the car should be charged with something simply because this is a hugely preventable accident. To me, it is similar to shaking a baby. People get frustrated and do this "accidentally" as well but we have long been charging people with a crime for this because it is preventable. JRH should be charged and should be found guilty because ultimately he is responsible for Cooper's death. As for motive and premeditation (intent), I am still on the fence but I guess it just doesn't matter because he is guilty of not properly caring for his baby.

Just saying "what if" here...

What if he realized what he'd done as he got into his car after leaving work...he saw Cooper, and noticed the odor. And what if he panicked, as people do when they realize they've done something horrendous, so he gets in his car, peels out very quickly (per PCH) and tries to figure out what to do. This would work in with his "I dreaded what he would look like" comment. He had time to dread it after his 10 minute drive. His reaction would be similar to those who leave the scene of an accident they've caused. That kind of panic. But he also realized it doesn't look good that he drove that far, so he just says he saw Cooper while making a right hand turn.

It's a reasonable argument but in your scenario it's also reasonable to question why he didn't drive to a hospital or medical center instead of a shopping mall parking lot. Kaiser Permanente, which he is familiar with, is very close to his work. He was looking for help for his son, not to flee the scene of an accident.

I know I'm weird but I have this thing with numbers. Every time I see that he texted her about picking up his buddy at 3:16--it creeps me out.

Google John 3:16

No, I am NOT saying it has any meaning, nor am I opening up any religious debates but just thinking of how religious they are, it creeps me out.
Thanks for the shiver!!
It's one of like 3 that I do know.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

To make a right hand turn, one would look to the left for oncoming traffic.

RH had to make a u-turn toward the left when he exited the CFA. I think you'd be looking forward at the traffic to make a u-turn, not turning your head.

RH stated he first saw Cooper in the afternoon when he looked back to make a lane change to the right. Makes sense but, the detective did say that would not have been the only time RH would've had to make a lane change to the right that day. So he should have seen Cooper before that.

Interesting post wrt confirmation bias. No one (except you) bothered to stop and think whether 7 right hand turns would actually present 7 opportunities to notice Cooper. I know I didn't!

Maybe he was leaving a voicemail at that moment? "Yes, this is Ross Harris, my child just died, my phone number is..... please call me back when you have a chance".

No. He wasn't.

Agree. As clu mentioned earlier, he was likely avoiding speaking with the police. JMO

The biggest red flag with these phone calls is he claimed he didn't make ANY calls during that time.

Not sure without going back to listen to the PCH again, but I believe he claimed he did not get through to anyone. Different than claiming he did not call anyone.

I have to admit, the more I hear of "what ifs" and speculation on how JRH could be innocent of premeditation, the more on the fence I become. I have always been one to give the benefit of the doubt but in this case I immediately jumped to guilt simply because I think even if you "accidentally" leave your child in the car, you are liable. Do I think he is sleazy for the sexting? Yes! Do I think he is really irresponsible? Yes! Do I think he should be charged and found guilty of something? Yes! Do I think he left poor Cooper in the car intentionally and with murderous intent? Now I am no longer sure.

I know that this is confusing. I guess what I am really trying to say is that every single parent who has "accidentally" left a child in the car should be charged with something simply because this is a hugely preventable accident. To me, it is similar to shaking a baby. People get frustrated and do this "accidentally" as well but we have long been charging people with a crime for this because it is preventable. JRH should be charged and should be found guilty because ultimately he is responsible for Cooper's death. As for motive and premeditation (intent), I am still on the fence but I guess it just doesn't matter because he is guilty of not properly caring for his baby.

But there is a big difference between being careless/negligent, and doing something on purpose, even if end results are the same. That is what a jury will need to determine, if intent is a factor in the charges. If it was intentional, the punishment should be that of first-degree murder. But I don't really understand the charges right now...will have to see how it plays out. I do feel negligent does not= on purpose, as far as what punishment should be though. Negligent to me is unintentional but "stupid" and careless, like not having things properly stowed away that are harmful to children, i.e and a child dies. Yes, the parent is to blame, but they did not plan to kill the child. Big difference if there was intent and a plan.

Jmo

It's a reasonable argument but in your scenario it's also reasonable to question why he didn't drive to a hospital or medical center instead of a shopping mall parking lot. Kaiser Permanente, which he is familiar with, is very close to his work. He was looking for help for his son, not to flee the scene of an accident.

Agree, it's not what I would've done. Even if I suspected my child had died, I would've done something immediately, like check even...geez. But panic makes some people do strange things.

...snipped by me

Big difference if there was intent and a plan.

Jmo

I get what you are saying. The only difference though should be in the level of charges and the severity of the punishment. And I agree that if this was intentional, he should have a more severe punishment. I just don't know if that was the case anymore.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/ross...-of-murder-20140708-zszp6.html?skin=text-only

Why would the pastor say the part about Genesis 22? Sacrifice as a burnt offering? Sickening!:

At StoneBridge Church in Marietta, Georgia, the Harris family's church, Pastor David Eldridge has been talking about the story of Abraham for the past couple of months.

On June 22, four days after Cooper's death, Eldridge spoke of the loss of the little boy and the trials facing his parents, and of how congregants might support the couple with prayers and money.

Then he directed his flock to Genesis 22, in which God tells Abraham, ''Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moria and sacrifice him there as a burnt offering.''

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How wrong you are.

I left the house today and forgot my bottle of water. No biggie

I went to see my Mom who suffers from Multi-Infarct Dementia. (or Vascular Dementia.)

Totally different levels of forgetfulness.

You proved my point. The outcome of the forgetting the water bottle, no biggie. The outcome of forgetting the child in the car...huge. The act of forgetting is the same in both cases...it happened. Not sure what you mean about your Mom, unless you mean things in mind should be harder to forget based on importance. That I believe to be true. However, the act of forgetting itself is a true or false thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3