GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a reasonable argument but in your scenario it's also reasonable to question why he didn't drive to a hospital or medical center instead of a shopping mall parking lot. Kaiser Permanente, which he is familiar with, is very close to his work. He was looking for help for his son, not to flee the scene of an accident.

Just an hour ago I was on street view google maps looking for cameras on the buildings to see if perhaps the scene was recorded. But I did not see any. I wonder if he knew that?

But there is a big difference between being careless/negligent, and doing something on purpose, even if end results are the same. That is what a jury will need to determine, if intent is a factor in the charges. If it was intentional, the punishment should be that of first-degree murder. But I don't really understand the charges right now...will have to see how it plays out. I do feel negligent does not= on purpose, as far as what punishment should be though. Negligent to me is unintentional but "stupid" and careless, like not having things properly stowed away that are harmful to children, i.e and a child dies. Yes, the parent is to blame, but they did not plan to kill the child. Big difference if there was intent and a plan.

Jmo

How much of a difference do you think it made to Cooper? think he'd agree with you?

Just saying "what if" here...

What if he realized what he'd done as he got into his car after leaving work...he saw Cooper, and noticed the odor. And what if he panicked, as people do when they realize they've done something horrendous, so he gets in his car, peels out very quickly (per PCH) and tries to figure out what to do. This would work in with his "I dreaded what he would look like" comment. He had time to dread it after his 10 minute drive. His reaction would be similar to those who leave the scene of an accident they've caused. That kind of panic. But he also realized it doesn't look good that he drove that far, so he just says he saw Cooper while making a right hand turn.

Without even attempting to see if his child is OK or is there is anything he can do at that point? I find that very difficult to believe.

You proved my point. The outcome of the forgetting the water bottle, no biggie. The outcome of forgetting the child in the car...huge. The act of forgetting is the same in both cases...it happened. Not sure what you mean about your Mom, unless you mean things in mind should be harder to forget based on importance. That I believe to be true. However, the act of forgetting itself is a true or false thing.

I was responding only to your assertion that there are no levels of forgetfulness.

The most important thing is that I don't believe that the defendant "forgot" the baby he just interacted with 30-40 seconds before "forgetting".

I'm pretty sure LE, the prosecutor and 99 percent of the population agree with my assertion.

We have a temp today now of 88f heat index of 93f, I have had a meat thermometer on the front seat of the explorer and just checked it at 4:16 and it reads, 137 degrees f.

No, Stoddard was demonstrating what RH did when he turned left toward the Judge. I just looked and it's not on the Youtube video. The testimony is, but they don't show Stoddard. Maybe it's on the WAT version...anyone?

eta: or maybe it's just not shown in the pros. questioning? I don't remember whether the defense asked Stoddard about it.

I noticed he did this several times during his testimony. I don't think he was demonstrating anything. He just turned to look at the judge while he was talking, almost as if he were asking the judge if he understood what he meant. I'd have to watch the whole thing again to count the times, I just noticed he seemed to do that several times. If I get a chance later, I will watch it again. But have to go to grandkids' ballgames in a few minutes.

Was the 4:04 call to LH ever confirmed? It would make sense if he called his friends (around 3:45, my memory sucks and I'm too lazy to look up the exact time)saying he'd be late because he hadn't heard from LH and thought he might have to pick up CH himself until she was done working. If he finally talked to her at 4:04 and she said she'd be able to make it on time (maybe they had to get him by 5:00 according to their contract?), he left about 10 minutes later. I know it's a lot of ifs and maybes, but it could have happened - couldn't it?

How much of a difference do you think it made to Cooper? think he'd agree with you?

well, not that Cooper will ever know, but it would make a BIG difference, imo, whether someone accidentally harms their child or accidentally does it. If I accidentally whack my kids finger with a hammer, she'll be afraid to hammer with me again. If I tell her to put her finger down and whack it with a hammer on purpose, she'll be afraid to live with me. The parent's intent is not irrelevant, no matter how tragic (or not) the consequence. jmo

Was the 4:04 call to LH ever confirmed? It would make sense if he called his friends (around 3:45, my memory sucks and I'm too lazy to look up the exact time)saying he'd be late because he hadn't heard from LH and thought he might have to pick up CH himself until she was done working. If he finally talked to her at 4:04 and she said she'd be able to make it on time (maybe they had to get him by 5:00 according to their contract?), he left about 10 minutes later. I know it's a lot of ifs and maybes, but it could have happened - couldn't it?

That's EXACTLY what I think happened.

eta: and yes, the call was confirmed. It lasted about a minute

I noticed he did this several times during his testimony. I don't think he was demonstrating anything. He just turned to look at the judge while he was talking, almost as if he were asking the judge if he understood what he meant. I'd have to watch the whole thing again to count the times, I just noticed he seemed to do that several times. If I get a chance later, I will watch it again. But have to go to grandkids' ballgames in a few minutes.

I think he "had" the light bulbs in his other hand and that it was a demonstration. If you know which video it's in, I'll watch it while you're gone. I've been looking for it all morning!

I was responding only to your assertion that there are no levels of forgetfulness.

The most important thing is that I don't believe that the defendant "forgot" the baby he just interacted with 30-40 seconds before "forgetting".

I'm pretty sure LE, the prosecutor and 99 percent of the population agree with my assertion.

I think you're talking about two different things - you're talking about how much one forgets and the gravity of the forgetting and the OP is talking about levels of forgetfulness in terms of not being able to forget "just a little." Forgetting is an all or nothing proposition.

I think he "had" the light bulbs in his other hand and that it was a demonstration. If you know which video it's in, I'll watch it while you're gone. I've been looking for it all morning!
Which one did you say you already checked?

How many times does a person who has forgotten something think to themselves that they feel like they have forgotten something? How often does that person then stop and try to think about what it is they have forgotten? How many times do they then see something that makes them remember what they have forgotten?

When that "group" email was sent out around 1 something from the day care, that should have triggered Harris to "remember" that he "forgot" to take Cooper to day care.

But then I don't believe that he "forgot" at all.

MOO

How many times does a person who has forgotten something think to themselves that they feel like they have forgotten something? How often does that person then stop and try to think about what it is they have forgotten? How many times do they then see something that makes them remember what they have forgotten?

When that "group" email was sent out around 1 something from the day care, that should have triggered Harris to "remember" that he "forgot" to take Cooper to day care.

But then I don't believe that he "forgot" at all.

MOO
That's the thing.. it's not like he has a false memory of taking him to daycare. He just didn't take him.

The "kiss" works against RH As well IMO.

This is seconds before Ross "forgets" him....but he is not so distracted that he forgets to kiss him....just in case they are "in an accident." Right there, lips on that Baby, is a conscious acknowledgement of the child's presence. I hope the prosecution does a reenactment...the kiss, he enters the car, starts it...and turns for work. Bing. Bing. Bing.

Not credible that he remembered the little ritual of the kiss.....but instantly "forgot." I bet he knows witnesses saw him kissing and interacting with the child he was about to snuff...so he had to own up to it.
Bingo! If he kissed him goodbye in the parking lot of Home Depot, he knew he locked Cooper in a hot car with the windows rolled up and no means of escape. He knew at that moment that he hadn't dropped Cooper off at daycare, or he would've gotten back in the car and immediately taken him there if he'd wanted him to live and had really forgotten about him.

Does anyone remember anything in any of the warrents where Harris says that he "had a false memory of taking Cooper to day care that day" or anything like that? Did he say anything like that to LE? Or did he just say that he "forgot" to take Cooper to day care because he "forgot" that Cooper was in the car?

bbm~ practically everyone I know has inadvertently driven through a red light, including myself. It's kind of a good analogy, actually, imo. What if one of them had their child in the car and the child was killed in an accident caused by mom/dad unintentionally blowing through a red light? Life in prison or the DP? Idk.
I don't understand how anyone inadvertently unintentionally blows through a red light. That's a choice, and it's against the law. If you killed a pedestrian or another driver as a result, I think you would at least face manslaughter charges.

BTW I'm not a DP advocate and in your scenario I think life would be extreme, so that's not what I mean when I refer to holding negligent parents accountable.

I hope they charge him for the sexting with a minor. I'll bet she is not the only one. If I had an underage daughter I'd be furious if a grown married man was doing this.

You can leave out the married part of that statement. Just a grown as man sexting my daughter would be enough. I'd care less if he was married...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296