GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm~ practically everyone I know has inadvertently driven through a red light, including myself. It's kind of a good analogy, actually, imo. What if one of them had their child in the car and the child was killed in an accident caused by mom/dad unintentionally blowing through a red light? Life in prison or the DP? Idk.

IMO the analogy would be more accurate if the driver had blown through two other redlights prior to causing an accident that killed their child. In that case I'd deem it criminally negligent, unintentional or not.

In this case he does not have what other parents who have done this have. That one moment when he remembers and goes running to the car.

The problem here is he texted about the kid. His little buddy... Right?! There is your trigger right there. That should have been enough.

I have 3 kids and I have babysat more than my share.

They can say what they want this picture in this case is indeed powerful and strong.

It depends. It could have been a gentle reminder to his wife because he thought he dropped Cooper off. Or, it could have been an intentional text to make it look like he dropped the baby off. Or, maybe JRH and LH throw texts to each other about banal stuff all day long. Or, it should have reminded him to think back about his morning and realize he forgot the baby.

Maybe he was leaving a voicemail at that moment? "Yes, this is Ross Harris, my child just died, my phone number is..... please call me back when you have a chance".

No. He wasn't.

Are you saying he wasn't on his phone? There were witnesses to say he was and the police officer told him to get off the phone. That's when his behavior became a problem and they put him in the back of the patrol car.

It depends. It could have been a gentle reminder to his wife because he thought he dropped Cooper off. Or, it could have been an intentional text to make it look like he dropped the baby off. Or, maybe JRH and LH throw texts to each other about banal stuff all day long. Or, it could have reminded him to think back about his morning and realize he forgot the baby.

I am probably misremembering (is that a word?) but I thought the detective said there were not any texts between JRH and LH ?

Except for this one text.

It depends. It could have been a gentle reminder to his wife because he thought he dropped Cooper off. Or, it could have been an intentional text to make it look like he dropped the baby off. Or, maybe JRH and LH throw texts to each other about banal stuff all day long. Or, it should have reminded him to think back about his morning and realize he forgot the baby.

Yeah well if they normally throw texts at each other all day long this day was an exception.

I believe this was the ONLY text he sent LH. And she didn't reply. No calls, no texts. Okay.

Are you saying he wasn't on his phone? There were witnesses to say he was and the police officer told him to get off the phone. That's when his behavior became a problem and they put him in the back of the patrol car.

No, that was a sarcastic explanation for the 6 minute phone call that he claimed never happened.

I am probably misremembering (is that a word?) but I thought the detective said there were not any texts between JRH and LH ?

Except for this one text.
Iirc, the defense presented a document to the detective and stated that RH sent a text to LH. Can't recall the timing,,,maybe 3:15 or 3:50. The detective stated they hadn't received the phone records yet, but physically in RH's phone there were no text messages since sometime in May.

wouldn't leaving a voice mail qualify as "being on the phone"? Because IMO it would. On the phone with a person or with a voice mail system is all on the phone.

MOO we will know when the phone records come back and are eventually known at trial. Til then, its pointless to argue whether he spoke with someone or left a message for someone. Either could be true.

Personally, I feel he was speaking to an individual and not leaving a message. But without substantiation, voice mail is also possible.

In this case, I think I need to tighten up my hypothetical.

Suppose RH were employed by the entity that installed the red light. He had the traffic light apparatus in his hands, did the final adjustments...tested it...saw that it was working properly. And then entered his car and seconds later...sped right through that same red light and killed someone. Oops, he "forgot" he had just installed a red light at that intersection.

That's a whole OTHER level of forgetfulness.

Suppose someone pours a lethal poison into a milk bottle...and then, seconds later, serves it to his child...And says he "forgot" there was poison in the bottle and thought it was milk.

Suppose some takes his child into the deep end of his family pool...plays with him for 20 minutes and then immediately climbs out and leaves the child to drown. Oh...he "forgot" the child was still in the pool.

There is a tangible difference in the types of "forgetting" we are discussing here. I think a jury can see a difference easily.

RH spent considerable time with Baby Cooper in that restaurant. The child was active and talking. He put him in that seat with his own hands. He kissed that Baby. And , SECONDS! SECONDS! SECONDS later..He "forgets" he has a child with him? This is the key point that will put this Monster where he belongs...in jail or on death row.

That kind of "forgetting" defies all credulity. To believe it, is to believe that RH is barely functional, needs supervision and care HIMSELF. The other option is that he is a child killer who chose a tortuous death for his own Baby.

They're all flawed hypos, imo...I don't really think there is a very good analogy to this situation. I have a friend at work who lives to create perfect hypos lol. I'm definitely going to see if he's got one for this.

FYI if I were in a similar situation (in shock) and someone asked if I just talked to someone because I was on the phone, I would likely say something like "I tried to call so and so....but got on hold". I would stutter out an honest reply.

I don't think the question was asked at the scene. I think the question was asked during the interrogation. If they were insisting that he talked to someone, and that was the context of the question, I can totally see him saying that he didn't talk to anyone if he had only tried. I think the context of that question is really important to know before deciding whether it was a lie or even a less than candid answer. jmo

Some of the possible side effects of the low-T meds are as bad, or worse, than the problem, including loss of concentration, and many more. I can see this becoming an issue, if he was in fact taking them.

Also, in the 51% of cases not charged or prosecuted, I wonder how it was decided the leaving of the child was just a mistake? Was it based on parents reaction?
I wonder too.
Him not calling 911 is a BIG DEAL in my mind.
Blaming the Cooper for falling asleep and causing him to forget is blaming the victim.
That and he said there was no malicious intent.

So he researched what he could be charged with, blamed Cooper for it and didn't call 911.
But screamed what have I done?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I've seen a few comments that say something to the effect of "an abused spouse wouldn't do x or y", and I just don't think that's necessarily true. All relationships are different, even relationships with DV. Not every abused woman is meek. Any argument between both people can turn into physical, verbal, or emotional abuse by one. Sometimes the abused person fights back, at least at first, especially if it's not physically abusive. Then there is sexual abuse between spouses which can be outside of arguments altogether. Relationships can even be mutually abusive, with both partners abusing the other. Abusive relationships aren't one size fits all. I don't know if there was any abuse between LH or RH, but if there was, her reactions to certain things wouldn't necessarily tell us. MOO.

The "kiss" works against RH As well IMO.

This is seconds before Ross "forgets" him....but he is not so distracted that he forgets to kiss him....just in case they are "in an accident." Right there, lips on that Baby, is a conscious acknowledgement of the child's presence. I hope the prosecution does a reenactment...the kiss, he enters the car, starts it...and turns for work. Bing. Bing. Bing.

Not credible that he remembered the little ritual of the kiss.....but instantly "forgot." I bet he knows witnesses saw him kissing and interacting with the child he was about to snuff...so he had to own up to it.

hey y'all, I just remembered there's a separate thread for the 6 minute phone call. yeeesh.

I wonder too.
Him not calling 911 is a BIG DEAL in my mind.
Blaming the Cooper for falling asleep and causing him to forget is blaming the victim.
That and he said there was no malicious intent.

So he researched what he could be charged with, blamed Cooper for it and didn't call 911.
But screamed what have I done?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I don't know if calling 911 makes any sense when other people are around and probably doing this. I assumed police call 911? And someone called police? It looks like 911 was there. I guess this is one of those things that gets confused in the shuffle. 911 is a call anyone can make. Usually, 911 receives at least three calls for traffic accidents, often from bystanders.

My first post. I have been thinking about "popped up the rear door to his vehicle". Maybe it was because the smell was so bad and he was trying to let the smell escape from the SUV. I find it very strange that he didn't open the back door first to remove CH from the car.

http://ftpcontent3.worldnow.com/waga/documents/JustinRossHarrisWarrants070414.pdf

Page 2 3rd paragragh down

Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag "RT7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Harris exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Cooper had been secured in a rear facing infant car seat, seated in the middle of the rear passenger seat.

Especially when you consider he made 7 right hand turns just to get to his parking space going into work that morning!!

Just saying "what if" here...

What if he realized what he'd done as he got into his car after leaving work...he saw Cooper, and noticed the odor. And what if he panicked, as people do when they realize they've done something horrendous, so he gets in his car, peels out very quickly (per PCH) and tries to figure out what to do. This would work in with his "I dreaded what he would look like" comment. He had time to dread it after his 10 minute drive. His reaction would be similar to those who leave the scene of an accident they've caused. That kind of panic. But he also realized it doesn't look good that he drove that far, so he just says he saw Cooper while making a right hand turn.

In this case, I think I need to tighten up my hypothetical.

Suppose RH were employed by the entity that installed the red light. He had the traffic light apparatus in his hands, did the final adjustments...tested it...saw that it was working properly. And then entered his car and seconds later...sped right through that same red light and killed someone. Oops, he "forgot" he had just installed a red light at that intersection.

That's a whole OTHER level of forgetfulness.

Suppose someone pours a lethal poison into a milk bottle...and then, seconds later, serves it to his child...And says he "forgot" there was poison in the bottle and thought it was milk.

Suppose some takes his child into the deep end of his family pool...plays with him for 20 minutes and then immediately climbs out and leaves the child to drown. Oh...he "forgot" the child was still in the pool.

There is a tangible difference in the types of "forgetting" we are discussing here. I think a jury can see a difference easily.

RH spent considerable time with Baby Cooper in that restaurant. The child was active and talking. He put him in that seat with his own hands. He kissed that Baby. And , SECONDS! SECONDS! SECONDS later..He "forgets" he has a child with him? This is the key point that will put this Monster where he belongs...in jail or on death row.

That kind of "forgetting" defies all credulity. To believe it, is to believe that RH is barely functional, needs supervision and care HIMSELF. The other option is that he is a child killer who chose a tortuous death for his own Baby.

:goodpost:TY, stmarysmead, well said! The Thanks button wasn't enough.

BBM. Exactly!

FWIW, in the last thread I posted about finding a link to a “meet beautiful single women” website that listed rossharris00 among a bunch of other names. It's some sort of IRC. Because the <cough> chats are private there's no text trail to see what was said.

I mainly posted it because the date on the link in Google was May 22, 2014 – around the time a friend shared that LH seemed to have changed her mind about having more kids for the time being.

About 10 seconds after I opened the site popups started appearing from women inviting me to “chat” so I blazed out of there. Ewwww. :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste