GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following closely, but this is my first post so forgive me if I do something wrong here. Does anyone besides me think RH may have discovered CH wasn't quite "gone" yet, and if discovered by someone else it might foil his plan? The fear that the child may have been able to be saved?

I honestly do not. I think poor Cooper was dead within an hour - hour and a half, at the most.

I've been following closely, but this is my first post so forgive me if I do something wrong here. Does anyone besides me think RH may have discovered CH wasn't quite "gone" yet, and if discovered by someone else it might foil his plan? The fear that the child may have been able to be saved?

Welcome to Websleuths!

I have wondered that as well. Lots going on in this case, but I wondered what JRH would have done had that person passing him in the parking lot at work had he noticed Cooper in the car. And now while typing that I remember that he was on the phone talking,(or pretending to talk) so he was busy, yet again.

This is why circumstantial evidence is actually more reliable than eye witness accounts. Every person that was witness to this horrid scene told a similar but different story. I am certain these folks were in some sort of shock themselves. I found that interesting too that the police were already nearby and responded to the scene because they saw all the people surrounding the vehicle rather than responding to a 911 call.

That will be an excuse as to why JRH didn't call 911, they were already there. idk jmo

Welcome to posting on WS ha60 !

Anything is possible. But my opinion, considering the conditions in that hot car for the time he was there, is that sadly he was gone before the lunch incident.

That will be an excuse as to why JRH didn't call 911, they were already there. idk jmo

So, it's never been really clear to me who did call 911? Did anyone? I know the cruising cop car responded to the scene within minutes when they saw the crowd gathering at the scene but were emergency services already on their way in response to a member of the public 911 call when the cruising cops got there so did they alert the EMT's or..?

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep thinking that RH and LH discussed freeing Cooper from this difficult world together. I think that RH brought up the idea of leaving Cooper in the car and maybe told LH that t would be simple, peaceful, painless, etc. and so LH went on the websites after RH to confirm what RH was telling her. I think that they agreed on the plan together and that is what led to the comments regarding dreading what Cooper would look like and that he had his eyes closed and then LH asking about RH saying too much. I think all of those post-death conversations were follow-ups to their pre-death conversations. While I know that two parents agreeing ahead to murder their child seems almost impossible, I do think that is exactly what happened here.

In regards to forgetting your child in the vehicle I do admit that I forgot my wee one once right after she was born. I don't remember now how long we had been in the truck, but I do know that we were only a block or so away from home when it happened so we must have been on our way home. I had my three children in the truck (8,almost 6, and newborn) and my older two were in the seats next to, and behind my newborn (3 rows). We pulled up right in front of Subway, got out of the truck together, went into Subway, ordered, and started to sit down when I looked out of the store window at my truck and realized that I had left my baby in there. Luckily it was during the late Winter months and therefore not hot, plus she was sleeping the entire time so she was not crying or upset by my carelessness. I was not a new mom, and I was not a young mom, but I was distracted by my older children and I was likely exhausted and I was used to having just two kids to get in and out of the car. My point is that it does happen to good parents; however, in this case I do not think it was an accident at all.

JMO The police must have arrived just minutes after the scene at Akers such that witnesses did not feel the need to call 911. Stoddard mentioned "Anthony" somebody and I didn't know if that was the police officer's name (obviously not the female officer who was told f u) or if it was the first witness who tried to revive Cooper. Most interesting tho is that DADDY didn't call 911.

Did the ME estimate a time of death? I am sure he/she could tell at least if he had been dead hours vs. minutes when discovered. Jmo

Did the ME estimate a time of death? I am sure he/she could tell at least if he had been dead hours vs. minutes when discovered. Jmo

From my recollection, the only thing said about that so far is that "he was dead before lunch". No specific time mentioned.

That will be telling, IIRC it was said that Cooper was probably dead at the 1:30 time IIRC that JRH put the light bulbs in the car.jmo

JMO The police must have arrived just minutes after the scene at Akers such that witnesses did not feel the need to call 911. Stoddard mentioned "Anthony" somebody and I didn't know if that was the police officer's name (obviously not the female officer who was told f u) or if it was the first witness who tried to revive Cooper. Most interesting tho is that DADDY didn't call 911.

Wow, that would be very odd behaviour on the part of those bystanders if that's the case, I would have thought someone or even several someones called 911 at some point in the 8-9 minutes it took those cops to arrive.

Wow, that would be very odd behaviour on the part of those bystanders if that's the case, I would have thought someone or even several someones called 911 at some point in the 8-9 minutes it took those cops to arrive.

I am surprised no one there used their phone to record what was happening.

I 'm not sure it was 8 or 9 minutes. He left the work parking lot at 4:16 and drove a few miles then pulled in at Akers Cops arrived at the scene at 4:24.... my guess is that it was more like 2-5 min JMO
Also, people MAY have called 911 but police were in the area anyway and were not responding to a 911 call.

What did the officer say to him in which he responded f u?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I 'm not sure it was 8 or 9 minutes. He left the work parking lot at 4:16 and drove a few miles then pulled in at Akers Cops arrived at the scene at 4:24.... my guess is that it was more like 2-5 min JMO

Oh ok, that makes more sense, for some reason I thought RH arrived at the strip mall at 4:16.

I would post a pic but can't. I google map directions from Cinco Mexican Cantina to Choosing the best( directly across from his building) and it is saying a 6 minute drive. It would appear that LE was there in about 2 minutes. jmo idk

So, it's never been really clear to me who did call 911? Did anyone? I know the cruising cop car responded to the scene within minutes when they saw the crowd gathering at the scene but were emergency services already on their way in response to a member of the public 911 call when the cruising cops got there so did they alert the EMT's or..?

A witness must have called 911 or officers were in the area??

clipped:

Witnesses told police they heard "squealing tires, and the vehicle came to a stop." Harris got out of the car yelling, "Oh, my God, what have I done?"

Harris then stood there with a blank look on his face. When a witness told Harris his son needed CPR, Harris went to the other side of his vehicle and made a phone call, apparently to tell someone his son was dead, a witness told police.

Harris never called 911, and when an officer told him to get off his phone, he refused and even said, "*advertiser censored** you" before an officer took his phone and handcuffed him.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member