GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG is the only news source that claims "lil sizzlers" was used by Childfree. They made that claim after the site was made private, so how would they even know? There are thousands of comments, so how many said lil sizzlers? Was it just a sick joke by one member?

Soon after the PC hearing, I read an article (the real paper, no online, unsure if I could link it) in AJC that discussed the "child free" lifestyle. In that article it gave a list of terminology. "lil sizzlers" was one, another that stood out was PNA - post natal abortion.

BR I wish I knew which threaD THAT WAS DISCUSSED ON. But yes it was said JH walked away from his car, stopped and held his phone like he having a convo so he could watch someone who supposedly got too close to his car.

I posted in an earlier thread and this is the link to that post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...b-County-June-2014-11&p=10727264#post10727264

The post included a link to the relevant hearing transcript and a quote.

I will snip the most relevant part from the quote:

STODDARD: It appears another -- we'll say another person -- passes him, walking towards his car, as he's walking away from his car. As that person approaches him, he stops. He kind of stands there for a little bit as the guy walks past him. You can see that man walk up towards his car. He starts a little bit, Justin starts a little bit, he stops. The guy walks past the car and Justin gets on the phone and goes inside the Home Depot

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

Looks like PayPal is eating it. It was paid out.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.
I am not sure if Paypal will have to eat that money or have a chance to recoup (I hope). I know that money was going into an acct at a bank/credit union because some people were worried it was a scam and wanted to know for a fact it was legit before donating. That person spoke to a rep from the financial institution who explained the process. Basically... the money was going into one of their accts which was listed under only Leanna's name and she could then withdraw from it. Whether or not Paypal can recoup the donations from them, I do not know. (this info was posted on the youcare site with the name of the bank and the person they spoke to, forget their job title) jmo

"Clearly she's the subject of the investigation," said Ken Hodges, a former prosecutor."

"With her going on these websites regarding leaving children in cars ...

RSBM and BBM. This gave me such a ding ding ding lightbulb moment - probably very delayed, let's just say I'm slow sometimes so forgive me if I rehash what a dozen people have already said and I somehow missed it or at least missed the point. Here goes re the car death searches: I think this was where RH totally got it all wrong and not because he forgot to try and cover them up, it finally came to me he never intended to cover them up. I've been baffled all along why he'd be that stupid to do those searches if he were planning to murder Cooper only days later and why would he mention them to LE if he was counting on the sympathy vote for them not to investigate a tragic accident and didn't think it would get so far as them searching his devices. It finally came to me - doh - that to his thinking those searches and the mention of the 'Look Back' campaign were his way to show what a dedicated, diligent and caring parent he was and the tragic irony of such a thing happening to him. "Look at this, I'm all about protecting my child and I have done all this research and practice 'Look Back' blah blah..." Genius right? Nope, just another RH failure to follow an idea through to it's logical conclusion ie the research means squat if you don't implement the recommendations. I don't believe for one moment that it occurred to him that those searches would ever be used against him because the way he saw it those searches were his prominently displayed badge of good parenting.

I admit that I'm a bit worried about using a Grand Jury to decide if this man goes to trial or not. The entire case could end with a "no true bill", thus no indictment. I've served for a year on a Grand Jury, as a foreman, and can tell you that sometimes jury members have a hard time finding a "true bill" when the parent is claiming they "forgot".
Well, that is not going to happen.

RSBM and BBM. This gave me such a ding ding ding lightbulb moment - probably very delayed, let's just say I'm slow sometimes so forgive me if I rehash what a dozen people have already said and I somehow missed it or at least missed the point. Here goes re the car death searches: I think this was where RH totally got it all wrong and not because he forgot to try and cover them up, it finally came to me he never intended to cover them up. I've been baffled all along why he'd be that stupid to do those searches if he were planning to murder Cooper only days later and why would he mention them to LE if he was counting on the sympathy vote for them not to investigate a tragic accident and didn't think it would get so far as them searching his devices. It finally came to me - doh - that to his thinking those searches and the mention of the 'Look Back' campaign were his way to show what a dedicated, diligent and caring parent he was and the tragic irony of such a thing happening to him. "Look at this, I'm all about protecting my child and I have done all this research and practice 'Look Back' blah blah..." Genius right? Nope, just another RH failure to follow an idea through to it's logical conclusion ie the research means squat if you don't implement the recommendations. I don't believe for one moment that it occurred to him that those searches would ever be used against him because the way he saw it those searches were his prominently displayed badge of good parenting.
Something else that bugs me. He fears this would happen and researches and yet the only thing he comes away with is the "Look Back" approach and even then he only uses it sometimes. A search yields many more suggestions to prevent this tragedy than just that one. imo

And why would they have the nerve to question him? There would be no reason, in his eyes. When mom asked to see him at the police station, her actions or lack of actions, were to me the most telling. What woman whose husband was in charge of their son and left him in the car all day, and he died, wouldn't start screaming, "What have you done?" "How could you do such a thing?" and a lot of other choice words, and being over come with emotion? My hands would be around my husband's neck, the detectives would have to come in and pry them off his neck.

And why would they have the nerve to question him? There would be no reason, in his eyes. When mom asked to see him at the police station, her actions or lack of actions, were to me the most telling. What woman whose husband was in charge of their son and left him in the car all day, and he died, wouldn't start screaming, "What have you done?" "How could you do such a thing?" and a lot of other choice words, and being over come with emotion? My hands would be around my husband's neck, the detectives would have to come in and pry them off his neck.

I agree. And I certainly wouldn't say to my DH "did you say too much?" I'd be all over him that he would be begging the detectives to rescue him!

Or even clinging to each other, wailing in pain and with soul breaking sobs.

Witness Madden who testified at the PCH claimed it was 20 minutes before LE arrived at Maddio's

RH left The Treehouse at 4:16.

LE responds to the crowd and ruckus at Maddio's at 16:24 (4:24)

Given drive time LE was there almost immediately after RH pulled into the lot.

**UPDATE**Death Investigation (06/18/14 @ 1624 hours in Zone 3) The Cobb County Police Department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit continues to investigate the death of a child, which was discovered yesterday afternoon at 2967 Cobb Parkway S.E. in Atlanta, Georgia.

http://www.cobbcounty.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3020:death-investigation&catid=211&Itemid=926

BBM

IMOO...Madden was/is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, unfortunately he picked the wrong side, and must now stick to it.

I disagree. I think her behavior shows an odd (to my view) way of looking at the world, but I don't think it shows in any way that she did not love Cooper. There is no real evidence at all connecting her to this crime. Only a few odd remarks here and there, all given w/in a week or so of her child dying horribly at her husband's hands. Getting a manicure before the funeral seems pretty harmless and normal to me (I got one before my Mom's funeral, also a new dress - my family members treated me to make me feel better and so I'd look presentable when giving the eulogy).

I concur on the manicure.

I do not think that I know sufficient facts about LH - apart from her quoted phrases/remarks - to make an informed judgement on her love for her baby Cooper over the past 2 years. She seems to have carried him and cared for him. What I don't know is.... did she "love" something else more than Cooper? I am off-the-fence on her likely involvement in his death.... just unclear to what extent.

As evidenced by him playing on his phone when he was watching someone walk past the car at lunchtime - but the phone recorded no activity. He knew how to make it look like he was on the phone without actually using it.

I've been following closely, but this is my first post so forgive me if I do something wrong here. Does anyone besides me think RH may have discovered CH wasn't quite "gone" yet, and if discovered by someone else it might foil his plan? The fear that the child may have been able to be saved?

I agree. And I certainly wouldn't say to my DH "did you say too much?" I'd be all over him that he would be begging the detectives to rescue him!

Me too, I'd end up in a straight jacket.

Witness Madden who testified at the PCH claimed it was 20 minutes before LE arrived at Maddio's

RH left The Treehouse at 4:16.

LE responds to the crowd and ruckus at Maddio's at 16:24 (4:24)

Given drive time LE was there almost immediately after RH pulled into the lot.

**UPDATE**Death Investigation (06/18/14 @ 1624 hours in Zone 3) The Cobb County Police Department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit continues to investigate the death of a child, which was discovered yesterday afternoon at 2967 Cobb Parkway S.E. in Atlanta, Georgia.

http://www.cobbcounty.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3020:death-investigation&catid=211&Itemid=926

This is why circumstantial evidence is actually more reliable than eye witness accounts. Every person that was witness to this horrid scene told a similar but different story. I am certain these folks were in some sort of shock themselves. I found that interesting too that the police were already nearby and responded to the scene because they saw all the people surrounding the vehicle rather than responding to a 911 call.

I've been following closely, but this is my first post so forgive me if I do something wrong here. Does anyone besides me think RH may have discovered CH wasn't quite "gone" yet, and if discovered by someone else it might foil his plan? The fear that the child may have been able to be saved?

I wondered that too. However, if he had just been seen leaving the vehicle and a person walks by and sees the child inside, he is definitely caught red-handed. I think that was the fear and concern he probably was feeling at that time. I wonder if he knew the parking lot was being video-taped the whole time and if not, what fear that put into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn