GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that RH didn't expect the police to just show up as quickly as they did. Probably envisioned an ambulance swiftly taking Cooper to the hospital and he and LH meeting up and driving there together.

My guess is that RH didn't expect the police to just show up as quickly as they did. Probably envisioned an ambulance swiftly taking Cooper to the hospital and he and LH meeting up and driving there together.

I think you are absolutely right. He imagined being allowed to accompany Cooper in the ambulance and the police wouldn't think of questioning him until later, probably while still at the hospital, obviously something else he didn't think through.

Anyone know if there is a FULL transcript of the bond hearing? CNN picks and chooses to suit their agenda. Thanks

Anyone know if there is a FULL transcript of the bond hearing? CNN picks and chooses to suit their agenda. Thanks

It bothers me that they only have the transcript of the prosecution's questioning.

I have a hard time finding a full transcript too. I was looking for what was said about the Internet searches, and could not find it anywhere.

In regards to forgetting your child in the vehicle I do admit that I forgot my wee one once right after she was born.

And I am betting you had a bit of OCD after that and you kept double checking every time you took the baby in the car for quite some time. The "Where's the baby???" query went off in your brain frequently.

These parents RESEARCHED it!!! They were AWARE and they apparently did NOTHING to prevent the absolutely horrid painful death even after research.

I am wondering if the parking lot where the discovery was made had a video camera recording the activity. Maybe a dash cam from the cruiser or even a cam showing RH in the backseat of the cruiser. I believe he was in there for about an hour.

I think the transcripts are complete up to the bond portion of the hearing. None of the bond portion was transcribed that I can find anywhere and that is where the defense attorney's questions are all contained :(

The videos may be complete but I do not know. I watched the hearing live (missing 10 minutes thanks to an unexpected visitor) so I have not watched the videos to see if they are complete.

Saini said Harris had been excited recently about a promotion and pay raise and was planning with his wife to begin house-hunting in East Cobb.

Posted June 20, 2014 at 8:31 a.m.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

Even when Harris was arrested Wednesday, he made sure to have a family member call the landlord to tell him what happened.

bbm,When reading the above I think this could be where the confusion came in about him calling the landlord, jmo idk

Even when Harris was arrested Wednesday, he made sure to have a family member call the landlord to tell him what happened.

bbm,When reading the above I think this could be where the confusion came in about him calling the landlord, jmo idk

And who does that? You call the landlord when there is a problem with the property.

In fact if there was a death (or arrest) in the family who on earth would even THINK of calling the landlord??? Unless it was thought out ahead of time that they could delay or avoid paying rent etc...

And who does that? You call the landlord when there is a problem with the property.

In fact if there was a death (or arrest) in the family who on earth would even THINK of calling the landlord??? Unless it was thought out ahead of time that they could delay paying rent etc...

Yes!! This is crazy! Maybe it was for breaking the lease. Very strange call to make. Most likely we will hear from the landlord on this call when the trial begins.

In fact if there was a death (or arrest) in the family who on earth would even THINK of calling the landlord??? Unless it was thought out ahead of time that they could delay or avoid paying rent etc...

I dunno about paying rent but I'm sure I read in one of the threads that the landlord was also their insurance agent??

Playing a guitar no less. Another thought in the state of "death".

This really bothers me. He can remember a dream he had prior to Cooper's death in such vivid detail, yet completely forget his son that day. Harris can't have it both ways. You either have a memory or you don't. By describing the dream, he's showing he has a good memory, which leads me to believe that this is a murder case, and is no way accidental.

So take that Mr. Weeble (that's who he reminds me of -- or the lego man).

MOO

Mel

I dunno about paying rent but I'm sure I read in one of the threads that the landlord was also their insurance agent??

Then that explains the comment about him directing family members how to start an insurance claim.

Witnesses rushed to the SUV and began administering CPR, seconds before both police officers and firefighters arrived at the scene. Several officers were already patrolling the area at the time, Pierce said. One witness, Dale Hamilton, said he initially thought the child was choking, but quickly learned otherwise.

bbm witness thought that he was choking, probably thought that is why JRH pulled over. jmo

Updated: 11:12 p.m. Thursday, June 19, 2014 | Posted: 5:09 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2014
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/child-believed-left-in-car-in-cobb-has-died/ngNdR/

I think the defense will use the fact that he is deaf in his right ear. If he leaned into the car thru the driverside door his right ear would be closes to the back seat...but for me that just isn't going to fly. IT is about the only question that rather histrionically his atty asked at the bond hearing. It was absurd.
Just as absurd as using redlight running to leaving your kid in the car; the two don't equate. The fact that he got in his car, with the smell of a decomposed body and drove the wrong way, to the theater and home, told me he was looking for a strip mall to pull over to pull his "stunt". He did that and none of it adds up. Esp not the "wife" *and I will only refer to her as the wife not a mom) fled to Alabama. That says it all for me. It matters not that he was deaf in his right ear....as his Atty stated at the bond hearing..that doesn't affect his sense of smell. I hope he gets life and I hope that his "wife" is arrested soon. For lying to police officers neglect and conspiracy. Those are the charges that SHE should be facing. IMO

Hey PigPong - I would say his offense arguably meets the DP criteria (7)

Except I don't know if it would with the 2nd degree/felony murder (as it stands now), because the charge is based off criminal negligence....

Hubs got a ticket for speeding (37 mph in a 35 mph), they sent him a photo of him inside the pickup while driving thru the light. I don't think it be far fetched to think LE might have pics of Harris driving through 7 lights on his way to the Movie theater .....they can see pretty close up from the cameras to inside the vehicles, I couldn't believe how close the photo of hubs was when we got the ticket in the mail.

A witness must have called 911 or officers were in the area??

clipped:

Witnesses told police they heard "squealing tires, and the vehicle came to a stop." Harris got out of the car yelling, "Oh, my God, what have I done?"

Harris then stood there with a blank look on his face. When a witness told Harris his son needed CPR, Harris went to the other side of his vehicle and made a phone call, apparently to tell someone his son was dead, a witness told police.

Harris never called 911, and when an officer told him to get off his phone, he refused and even said, "*advertiser censored** you" before an officer took his phone and handcuffed him.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/

Yet another misstep by Harris. When police and ambulance arrive to help your son, you do not say F you to them because you're too busy calling your landlord (or whomever). His immediate concern should have been Cooper, and he should have been by his side. By walking away, getting on the phone, and not calling 911 adds to the guilt factor IMHO.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members