GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they did have some debt. Exactly how much I'm not sure.

Student loans and car loans can be quite substantial.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/warrants-target-life-insurance-finances-father-acc/ngY4T/

They had $4k in credit card debt, student loans and car payments (a Tucson and something else, but not a BMW or similar afaik). They both worked and he made ~$61k iirc. Assuming she made only $40K (considering that she is in the specific field she's degreed in and graduated a few years before he did, I think that's a HUGELY safe number). So, they'd be making at least $100k. His benefits would be stellar with HD and would cover both LH and Cooper. They had a nice condo in Marietta and at least one newer car, but nothing fancy at all. I think they were, as LH said, having no more trouble than others in this economy. Actually, it seems like with both employed, her p/t only, etc., etc. they were doing a whole heck of a lot better than many people who've really suffered economically over the past few years. Idk, maybe he gambles.

I believe stoddard believes there are financial problems. Everyone defines finacial troubles differently. Some might say a lot of college debt a family to support, two vehicle payments, a lost promotion, a lost job tried for, a home purchased hoped for someday soon, and complaints about spending from one spouse to another - financial difficulties.

Others might consider that something lots of parents are dealing with and pretty standard for many couples just starting out.

I think either can be true or a lie because this is so subjective

I think in this case, the financial situation will be pretty bad. School loans, auto loans, daycare, insurance, credit card debt, rent, utilities, his purchases...that will be so tight IMO. I also have a suspicion they will find debt she didn't know about.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. I'd think that this is the kind of case they live for. Not routine. Investigation intensive. Finding justice for an innocent baby who suffered a ton. I'm sure it's not "fun," but exactly what they intended to do when they went into police work. jmo

Oh, I didn't say I feel sorry for him. I'm feeling admiration, especially when I try to imagine the MOUNTAIN of evidence that's coming in. RH had a pretty big on-line presence.

They had $4k in credit card debt, student loans and car payments (a Tucson and something else, but not a BMW or similar afaik). They both worked and he made ~$61k iirc. Assuming she made only $40K (considering that she is in the specific field she's degreed in and graduated a few years before he did, I think that's a HUGELY safe number). So, they'd be making at least $100k. His benefits would be stellar with HD and would cover both LH and Cooper. They had a nice condo in Marietta and at least one newer car, but nothing fancy at all. I think they were, as LH said, having no more trouble than others in this economy. Actually, it seems like with both employed, her p/t only, etc., etc. they were doing a whole heck of a lot better than many people who've really suffered economically over the past few years. Idk, maybe he gambles.

Seems to me he wanted an awful lot of things...expensive things that they did not need.
Like a four bedroom house and a musical career playing that stupid guitar in his "premonition"
...little Cooper did not fit into his ideal future...
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He told him a lot of other things, too, that have proven not to be true. I'm sure their exact financial standing will be thoroughly revealed at trial...

First, LH is Leanna, not Ross. Second, what did he tell Stoddard that wasn't true? I haven't seen one single thing that can be said to have been a "lie" at this point. It's entirely possible I'm not remembering correctly, though. That said, I find that my definition of lying (deliberately telling something other than the truth) is different than the definition that seems to be popular in some of the threads (possibly seemingly inconsistent statements taken completely out of context) jmo

What exactly is Publix? We don't have them here and for some reason I thought it was a supermarket...

They are, but they have a Boar's Head deli in them and make very good sandwiches.

As for Pick Up Publix, I used to laugh at the nicknames for the various Krogers in ATL...Kruisey Kroger (midtown) and Disco Kroger (Buckhead); both because they are pick-up spots.

Seems to me he wanted an awful lot of things...expensive things that they did not need.
Like a four bedroom house and a musical career playing that stupid guitar in his "premonition"
...little Cooper did not fit into his ideal future...
IMO

I don't think wanting a four br house in east cobb is wanting an expensive thing they did not need. My ex in-laws own a four br home in east cobb and they bought it so my ex bil and ex sil could go to Walton hs. It's a very very normal aspiration for a young couple wanting to live a family oriented lifestyle, imo. The guitars are definitely not essential, but stupid? idk. Depends on how serious one is about their music and whether the spending is completely out of hand, or just excessive. I know plenty of people who spend too much on clothes, eating out, vacations, etc. so... jmo

Oh, I didn't say I feel sorry for him. I'm feeling admiration, especially when I try to imagine the MOUNTAIN of evidence that's coming in. RH had a pretty big on-line presence.

I think the mountain of evidence is going to be almost entirely irrelevant. There will be some -- primarily from that day -- that will be directly relevant. The rest will be like looking for a needle in a haystack for motive. Idk, would Stoddard go through all of it personally? I'm thinking there would be a team of underlings for stuff like that.

Most expensive I have personally seen was $26,000. It was pretty elaborate [ETA and not the norm in my eperience]. My people don't tend to spend alot on funerals either.

Let us not forget that it appears likely that the Harrises were given at least SOME of the 22k (?) raised through the YouCare site. This is not fact, but from the way things were worded, it does appear those donations were given directly to the "family" to be used immediately and at their discretion.

The irony is indeed rich

That must've been frustrating. But he could try to surprise them again at the movie theater. Weird how those two friends pop up over and over again. Ironic that the next time he'd see those two would be in court...

Let us not forget that it appears likely that the Harrises were given at least SOME of the 22k (?) raised through the YouCare site. This is not fact, but from the way things were worded, it does appear those donations were given directly to the "family" to be used immediately and at their discretion.

I think it's clear that LH got ALL of that money. To the extent there are refunds, they're coming directly from paypal. jmo

First, LH is Leanna, not Ross. Second, what did he tell Stoddard that wasn't true? I haven't seen one single thing that can be said to have been a "lie" at this point. It's entirely possible I'm not remembering correctly, though. That said, I find that my definition of lying (deliberately telling something other than the truth) is different than the definition that seems to be popular in some of the threads (possibly seemingly inconsistent statements taken completely out of context) jmo

1. That CH was choking (not sure if he said this to Stoddard - but to the others in parking lot)
2. That he did NOT go out to his car during the day
3. That he was not talking to anyone on the phone at the scene (6 min. phone call)
4. (IMHO) _ That he didn't know CH was in the car after he strapped him in at CFA.

I'm sure there are more - those are off the top of my head....

They are, but they have a Boar's Head deli in them and make very good sandwiches.

As for Pick Up Publix, I used to laugh at the nicknames for the various Krogers in ATL...Kruisey Kroger (midtown) and Disco Kroger (Buckhead); both because they are pick-up spots.
Didn't they used to have some kind of singles night? I remember that from the Kroger at the corner of Power's Ferry and Delk back in the 90's.
Right around the corner from where RH lived.
Oh! And the Kroger on 41 below Cumberland Mall by the
Chattahoochee river did too!
All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Haven't been able to catch up today, just skimming through and saw posts that the landlord is also their insurance agent ?? I missed that, first I've heard about it. Is he the one who sold them the $25,000 policy? Has it been confirmed that JRH called his landlord? If so, that's interesting that he called his insurance agent from the scene (IF that happened). Moo. TIA.

He left for lunch around 11:30am so it was only 2 hours since breakfast.

I'm sorry. I know this is about Cooper,but I can't help hating RH's lazy, fat self even more when I realize not only is he a slack-azz employee, but that he could stuff his porky face while he KNEW his baby lay dying a horrific death he, RH, INFLICTED upon him.

I hate this pig with the fury of a thousand suns. Stupid bama bangs and all.

I believe stoddard believes there are financial problems. Everyone defines finacial troubles differently. Some might say a lot of college debt a family to support, two vehicle payments, a lost promotion, a lost job tried for, a home purchased hoped for someday soon, and complaints about spending from one spouse to another - financial difficulties.

Others might consider that something lots of parents are dealing with and pretty standard for many couples just starting out.

I think either can be true or a lie because this is so subjective
Exactly! I was in banking for many years before I retired. People would come in for loans, and I would quote our interest rates which are based on credit scores. I had a few people who talked about their good scores, but when I pulled their reports, I found they had many, many collections, defaults, etc. I think people have different perceptions of what a financial problem is. For me, I would think I had financial problems if I had credit card debt. Some people think they are in good shape if they only have a couple of active collections in process. lol

MO - if Ross charged $4000, they were having financial problems. Especially if they had nothing to show for the money (and I'm not talking about his dinky dink).

I don't think wanting a four br house in east cobb is wanting an expensive thing they did not need. My ex in-laws own a four br home in east cobb and they bought it so my ex bil and ex sil could go to Walton hs. It's a very very normal aspiration for a young couple wanting to live a family oriented lifestyle, imo. The guitars are definitely not essential, but stupid? idk. Depends on how serious one is about their music and whether the spending is completely out of hand, or just excessive. I know plenty of people who spend too much on clothes, eating out, vacations, etc. so... jmo

4k on a credit card for the airline miles?

You'd have to define aspirations of "family oriented lifestyle" ...in light of the dead toddler six inches away from his daddy...allegedly forgotten in less than two minutes...

1. That CH was choking (not sure if he said this to Stoddard - but to the others in parking lot)
2. That he did NOT go out to his car during the day
3. That he was not talking to anyone on the phone at the scene (6 min. phone call)
4. (IMHO) _ That he didn't know CH was in the car after he strapped him in at CFA.

I'm sure there are more - those are off the top of my head....

1. It's possible he thought he heard choking, but it's more likely that the witness testimony about who said what about choking is inconsistent
2. He never said he didn't go out to his car during the day. He wasn't asked and didn't mention it.
3. There's zero evidence that he was talking to anyone for any amount of time, much less 6 minutes. The only evidence is that there was a cell phone connection that lasted 6 minutes. What's more, Stoddard said at the PCH that he hadn't talked to whomever it was the RH supposedly spoke to, in spite of the fact that he knew the call went to toddler room 5 and in spite of the fact that Cooper's teacher (MG) and another daycare worker (t?) HAD been spoken to by LE and were identified by name a the hearing.
4. IMHO doesn't count. I know you're assuming he "lied." That's exactly my point.

I think in this case, the financial situation will be pretty bad. School loans, auto loans, daycare, insurance, credit card debt, rent, utilities, his purchases...that will be so tight IMO. I also have a suspicion they will find debt she didn't know about.

We'll find out the truth in the near future and then there will be something new to disagree about the wording on. Like the leak about searching for animals dying in hot cars.

RH & LH can say they weren't having $ problems, but apparently Det Stoddard read personal messages between the two that indicate otherwise. Then I remember their landlord saying RH was looking forward to a promotion and raise so they could save money for a house and then I remember RH stating he started a side business with his co-worker for extra income and then I remember him telling his family how to collect the $20k life insurance when Cooper's body was barely cold. And it doesn't take much for me to believe these two were having financial issues. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14