GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm sure that the defense will put on witness's will say that the very thing that JRH did has been done by other people and explain how it was an accident and not a premeditated act. JMO.
I am interested in reading about another case where an awake and lively child was forgotten within seconds of strapping him in to car seat set on its tightest setting.

He's hairless?
From manscaping? Nair? Shave? What?????

Would be like a bald opossum ...in a justin Bieber doo...shiver....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:gaah: :laughing: :silly:

I've never understood that morning's activities.

Most toddlers who get up at 7 are going to want their breakfast before 9.

If RH was up at 7, why did he leave for work late?

If RH was late for work, why keep CFA on the schedule? Why wouldn't RH just make some toast or a PB&J sandwich or bagel with cream cheese for Cooper to eat in the car on the way to daycare?

And, actually, I would have been more likely to believe that RH forgot C in the car if he was late for work and had driven straight to work.

Good point!!! Yes, all this time in the home prior to leaving for work could have been time spent discussing the plans that were about to unfold. If this was intentional and they were both in on it, there had to have been many discussions, plans, questions as to if they could go through with it and fears of what would happen.

It seemed to me that what LH said at the funeral sounded like a list of positive aspects of Cooper's death. Similar to a Pro/Con list that they might have come up with while discussing and planning this murder. JMO

NG is the only news source that claims "lil sizzlers" was used by Childfree. They made that claim after the site was made private, so how would they even know? There are thousands of comments, so how many said lil sizzlers? Was it just a sick joke by one member?

From 2004:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sizzler

n. The end result of locking one's child in a car on a hot day and forgetting about it. Usually refered to as "little sizzler" or "li'l sizzler."

So disgusting.

I am interested in reading about another case where an awake and lively child was forgotten within seconds of strapping him in to car seat set on its tightest setting.
That's exactly what the prosecution will put to the jury. The state will try to convince the jury that it's impossible for someone to forget their child was in the car in such a short period of time.

NG is the only news source that claims "lil sizzlers" was used by Childfree. They made that claim after the site was made private, so how would they even know? There are thousands of comments, so how many said lil sizzlers? Was it just a sick joke by one member?

I saw it posted on here with a link a while back that was a glossary of terms used on the site. That was where I saw it. I don't have cable tv so can't watch NG.

Isn't the Grand Jury only to decide if the murder charges are severe (for lack of a better word) enough to warrant a death penalty case? If the Grand Jury does not return with this case deserving to be a death penalty case, then the charges stay the same and a trial still goes forward?

Hopefully that makes sense.

I guess the question would be why wouldn't the Grand Jury come back with an indictment of felony murder?

The penalty for felony murder is this.

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
ARTICLE 1 - HOMICIDE
§ 16-5-1 - Murder; felony murder
O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 (2010)
16-5-1. Murder; felony murder

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.

The death penalty is on the table if the Grand Jury indicts JRH.

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-1

I've read about a lot of these cases but never like this one. Good points.

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

Looks like PayPal is eating it. It was paid out.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Usually forgetting a child in the car has had to do with having multiple children and several changes in routine. AT least the ones I've read about..
Not one child that you never remember you left the house with for a whole work day. JMO.

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

Looks like PayPal is eating it. It was paid out.

So the Harris' GOT the money already? Oh, no.

That's exactly what the prosecution will put to the jury. The state will try to convince the jury that it's impossible for someone to forget their child was in the car in such a short period of time.

I honestly don't think that it will take much effort (if any) to convince the jury. 30 seconds. In 30 seconds Harris forgot Cooper after he took him out of the car, took him into Chick-Fil-A, ate breakfast with him for 20 mins, took him back out to the car, strapped Cooper into his carseat "really tight", kissed him "in case they were in an accident and Cooper died", backed up out of the parking space and drove to the stop light where Harris needed to turn left to take Cooper to day care. And let's not forget that Harris has said to LE that he was not on the phone texting and/or talking to anyone during this time. Then when Harris gets to work, instead of Cooper's day care, he sits in the car for ANOTHER 30 seconds before getting out of his car to go into work. During the time he was at work in the parking space Harris even leaned over to the passenger seat to get his laptop bag.

Once the jury hears just that, not to mention the internet searches and other stuff, I don't think they will have to be convinced any further that Harris intentionally left Cooper to die in the car.

MOO

The judge said there was enough evidence to show intent.

I thought the judge said there was enough evidence to support the probable cause behind the charges. I think the grand jury will decide if indictment happens and then the jury will decide if there was evidence to show intent.

So the Harris' GOT the money already? Oh, no.

You know, I was going to say that Leanna got the money and not Harris. However, since she is "standing by her man" that more than likely isn't true. Harris more than likely has money in his account at the jail that Leanna put in there for him.

MOO

It is hard to believe that anyone can be so absent-minded they could forget their own child but the intent in this case is pretty clear. This is someone who frequented a website called 'childfree' that used a term "lil' sizzlers" for children who are left to bake in the car. This site was pulled down when it became known in this case. That is just one of the many facts that are pointing at intent. I guess they have a thread for that, though.

I wouldn't say RH "frequented" the subreddit child-free. Detective Stoddard said his computer activity showed he read 4 articles in that particular subreddit. There's probably thousands of posts in child-free.

I believe the list of terms came from Jane Velez-Mitchell's show on HLN. Just like Nancy Grace, sensationalism is more important than accurate journalism on that show.

[modsnip]

You know, I was going to say that Leanna got the money and not Harris. However, since she is "standing by her man" that more than likely isn't true. Harris more than likely has money in his account at the jail that Leanna put in there for him.

MOO
They can't have more than $290.00 In their acct. He has a public defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob