GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any words of support from the wife yet???? To me that says a lot. I know she said they had been told not to say anything but...I would have said "We've been told not to say anything but I know he could never do anything like this, or I know he's innocent". So far unless I've missed it we have heard nothing.

Just my opinion

The fact that he was employed by the PD in Tuscaloosa, as a dispatcher for 2 years... he could have pulled over at several locations and called 911 himself and started CPR. Cumberland Mall has Mall security riding the parking lots.
He passed a Barnes and Noble or some larger bookstore prior to crossing 41 to get to Akers Mill.
Me personally I would have stopped somewhere else sooner.
No! I wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot.
I wouldn't have been able.to drive
moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

All good points. I did read that he could have been trained to have someone call for help while he accessed the situation. Calling from the front of the car without eyes on the child would have been useless. Pulling over would have been the first thing they had him do

I live about 10 miles from this place, a nice apartment building or leased home with 2-3 bedrooms would probably rent for around $1500/month at a rough guess, with cheaper available. So an $80K salary seems solidly middle class to me, definitely not destitute or anything.

As for web searches, most large companies have people access the Internet through a proxy server, which records timestamped logs of what IP addresses (which can be used to identify specific computers and presumably, specific people using them) were accessing what sites. These records are stored on a server machine somewhere else in the company. So just scrubbing his computer, or using 'incognito' mode, wouldn't get around that. I'd think someone in IT would know these things, but maybe not.(Source: I've worked as a computer developer for 20+ years.)

BBM. As an IT gal for 20+ years, ITA. Depending on a company's security/technology policies, the IT department would know...at least at my company, we would know. I've had to pull such info (internet history, email, documents, etc.) from our servers for LE subpoenas...and in some cases, for company bosses.

IMO, if he's a web developer, that doesn't necessarily mean he's an IT guy, though he could be both. Back in the day, I did web development as a part of my IT duties when the company first started its website...it was temporary until they hired a real web developer. But, typically, they are two distinct jobs, IMO and from my experience...though in some small companies, the IT gal/guy is a jill/jack off all trades ( been there, done that). Anyway, just my :twocents:.

One question keeps coming to my mind . . . What did the mother think when she stopped to pick Cooper up (as we are told their schedule was) and he wasn't there?? Presumably that would have been earlier in the day otherwise it wouldn't make sense for her to do the picking up.

Why don't daycares call if a child doesn't show up? So many times, if they had called, a death could have been prevented.

Well witness said he look liked he's been in a pool with wet matted down hair etc but I'm not sure he meant he was still currently dripping wet. Also, the poor kid would have sweat intensely as his system tried to cool his core temp so that part doesn't bother me. The stiff part bothers me a little. If he is stiff then he prob smelled at lunch even if lunch was a late lunch..

If he died within an hour of being left though, or even two or three or four hours, he wouldn't have been that sweaty/wet at 4:30, right?

One question keeps coming to my mind . . . What did the mother think when she stopped to pick Cooper up (as we are told their schedule was) and he wasn't there?? Presumably that would have been earlier in the day otherwise it wouldn't make sense for her to do the picking up.

so far there's no information that she intended to pick him up or tried to. And yes, the info suggests that she should have. So that's one of the important unanswered questions imo. Why didn't mom pick him up that day.

I am not certain that the mom was even in town. Had she showed up to get the child, phone calls would have started. Being in the area (if it was me, I would head towards where my husband was immediately after speaking with him. It has been so quiet on mom's side... it's very odd. IMO.
I don't believe everything was as great at home as we have been told.
Nothing against her at all.
moo
I haven't heard where she worked or what she did. I have heard part time....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/facts-will-show-death-kid-hot-car-not-negligence-says-n140491

Per the above link:
"This investigation, although similar in nature to others, must be weighed on its own merit and the facts that lead our detectives to charge the father must be presented at the appropriate time during the judicial process.

"The chain of events that occurred in this case does not point toward simple negligence and evidence will be presented to support this allegation."

bbm/cbm

Has there been any words of support from the wife yet???? To me that says a lot. I know she said they had been told not to say anything but...I would have said "We've been told not to say anything but I know he could never do anything like this, or I know he's innocent". So far unless I've missed it we have heard nothing.

Just my opinion

Did you read the obit posted in the last two pages or so? It's pretty clear the family is supporting Dad - at least right now - based on that.

I am not certain that the mom was even in town. Had she showed up to get the child, phone calls would have started. Being in the area (if it was me, I would head towards where my husband was immediately after speaking with him. It has been so quiet on mom's side... it's very odd. IMO.
I don't believe everything was as great at home as we have been told.
Nothing against her at all.
moo
I haven't heard where she worked or what she did. I have heard part time....

That's a really interesting point - what if she was out of town or had another reason she couldn't pick him up that day? Another coincidence that this happened that exact day?

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/inconsistencies-mar-fathers-account/ngSc2/

Inconsistencies mar father’s account

“The chain of events that occurred in this case do not point toward simple negligence and evidence will be presented to support this allegation,” Cobb Police Chief John Houser said in a statement released late Wednesday afternoon.

His account of what happened that day is filled with inconsistencies, the official said.

Among the contradictions:
*Harris told police his SUV with his son inside was parked unattanded all day. But an arrest warrant made available Wednesday states he opened the driver side door of his Hyundai Tuscon, placed something in the vehicle, and then went back to work.

Why don't daycares call if a child doesn't show up? So many times, if they had called, a death could have been prevented.

MOO --- I would hope daycare provider's first priority are the children at the facility. Parents should be ones responsible the rest of the time.

See, that's just one of those inflammatory statements I loath so much. Dad said the car was unattended all day and somehow it's "inconsistent" that he put something into the car at lunch time? Well, no, it isn't "inconsistent" imo. I park my car in the parking garage at my office every day. Occasionally, I'll forget something like my phone charger and run down to get it. Am I "attending" my car when I do that? No, definitely not. I'm barely opening the door, grabbing my charger and running back upstairs. I might even be on my phone at the time (which would be why I'm running down to grab my charger).

Now if LE specifically asked him whether he went down to his car at all that day between 9 and 4 and he said no, THAT would be an inconsistency.

I swear, these cases and the media drive me nuts. It's never "bad" enough. It always has to be worse than it is. A child is dead and his dad is charged with murder....jmo

See, that's just one of those inflammatory statements I loath so much. Dad said the car was unattended all day and somehow it's "inconsistent" that he put something into the car at lunch time? Well, no, it isn't "inconsistent" imo. I park my car in the parking garage at my office every day. Occasionally, I'll forget something like my phone charger and run down to get it. Am I "attending" my car when I do that? No, definitely not. I'm barely opening the door, grabbing my charger and running back upstairs. I might even be on my phone at the time (which would be why I'm running down to grab my charger).

Now if LE specifically asked him whether he went down to his car at all that day between 9 and 4 and he said no, THAT would be an inconsistency.

I swear, these cases and the media drive me nuts. It's never "bad" enough. It always has to be worse than it is. A child is dead and his dad is charged with murder....jmo

I think you're splitting hairs because you're a lawyer. :loveyou:

I read the sentence as if he lied about being anywhere near the vehicle between 9 AM and 4 PM.

I totally understand what you're saying about the media, though. Drives me nuts!

That's a really interesting point - what if she was out of town or had another reason she couldn't pick him up that day? Another coincidence that this happened that exact day?

From PIO at press conference, mother was interviewed at headquarters. Can't remember exact wording, but I believe he indicated it was that same evening.

I had three kids in daycare and I was always called if they didn't show. Not only did they want to find out where the child was, they wanted to remind me I hadn't cancelled in advance and still had to pay for the day.

I had three kids in daycare and I was always called if they didn't show. Not only did they want to find out where the child was, they wanted to remind me I hadn't cancelled in advance and still had to pay for the day.

The cost was probably deducted from his paycheck. jmo

the family has asked donations be made to the homer fund, which is a charity for home depot employees.

the obit gives the impression the charity has been supportive....

the obit makes it clear that wife and family stand behind him.

i think it's possible that LE rushed to judgment, exacerbating an already horrid situation.

I think you're splitting hairs because you're a lawyer. :loveyou:

I read the sentence as if he lied about being anywhere near the vehicle between 9 AM and 4 PM.

I totally understand what you're saying about the media, though. Drives me nuts!

Could be. If he's an IT guy stupid enough to run a search about animals dying in hot cars when he was actually referring to his son, than I guess he's stupid and desperate enough to be in denial that every major corporation has video cameras in their lot that would prove him a liar in a heartbeat.

Is there any reason anyone can think of why the video and/or time of the computer search wouldn't be shared by now other than because they want to keep the mystery alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01