GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found their wedding announcement from May 2006 in Tuscaloosa, but I guess I can't link it because it has a lot of names of people not involved.
However, at the time Justin Ross Harris was employed at UAB. It didn't say what he did there.
Then June 2006-May 2009 a dispatcher for PD in Tuscaloosa.
http://birmingham.gotnewswire.com/n...r’s-death-previously-worked-as-tpd-dispatcher

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

See, that's just one of those inflammatory statements I loath so much. Dad said the car was unattended all day and somehow it's "inconsistent" that he put something into the car at lunch time? Well, no, it isn't "inconsistent" imo. I park my car in the parking garage at my office every day. Occasionally, I'll forget something like my phone charger and run down to get it. Am I "attending" my car when I do that? No, definitely not. I'm barely opening the door, grabbing my charger and running back upstairs. I might even be on my phone at the time (which would be why I'm running down to grab my charger).

Now if LE specifically asked him whether he went down to his car at all that day between 9 and 4 and he said no, THAT would be an inconsistency.

I swear, these cases and the media drive me nuts. It's never "bad" enough. It always has to be worse than it is. A child is dead and his dad is charged with murder....jmo

''attending'' means being present at

I had three kids in daycare and I was always called if they didn't show. Not only did they want to find out where the child was, they wanted to remind me I hadn't cancelled in advance and still had to pay for the day.

we always paid in advance and it was MY responsibility to let them know if child was not attending

Police don't necessarily divulge their hand all at once. They are under no time table to release. I would assume the time stamp will be released soon. I would be more interested in what tot mom has to offer but she lawyered up next day.

:floorlaugh:

MOO. DCWHD.

Looks to me that he DID love him the most. He just had a really, really difficult to explain brain process of forgetting his destination. And I think that's backed up by the new lesser charges he's facing.

I don't think LE believes that, at all. I think they are scouring his life to prove otherwise. In fact, on the news the reporter said LE told them they have not currently found a motive, but are looking for one. If they believed that he forgot, they would not need to spend time on a motive.

Police don't necessarily divulge their hand all at once. They are under no time table to release. I would assume the time stamp will be released soon. I would be more interested in what tot mom has to offer but she lawyered up next day.

:floorlaugh:

MOO. DCWHD.

me too like what was normal pickup time kind of thing huh?

I don't think LE believes that, at all. I think they are scouring his life to prove otherwise. In fact, on the news the reporter said LE told them they have not currently found a motive, but are looking for one. If they believed that he forgot, they would not need to spend time on a motive.

It's odd, to me, to have this last SO LONG before they can find a "motive". LE is certainly putting a lot of effort into find one - and so far, no luck. It's also interesting to me that strangers also sense what I sense - what the family continues to communicate - that this was a horrific loss and an inexplicable lapse of memory.

I'm considering backing out of this thread. It's so painful to read - [modsnip]

It hurts to think that anyone in his family might breeze through this website and read this.

I'm really interested. Then, why were the charges downgraded?

If this was truly a planned murder, wouldn't he be charged with murder 1?

From what I see, LE seems to be really struggling with how incredibly forgetful this man was, and calling that serious criminal neglect.

He can only be charged with what they have PROOF of right now. They have stated they are looking for motive. Period.

Thank you , Hoosgirl, for posting that. What a sweet, sweet child who was loved by his entire supportive family.

Prayers for all of them in this great loss, and in this sad criminal investigation of his father.

on this one thing we can agree

It's odd, to me, to have this last SO LONG before they can find a "motive".

I'm considering backing out of this thread. It's so painful to read - [modsnip]

It hurts to think that anyone in his family might breeze through this website and read this.

It hasn't been SO long. It's been one week. 7 days. They JUST got the results of the autopsy. They don't have toxicology. They said they are examining his life and computers. It's actually VERY recent.

''attending'' means being present at

yes, thanks. My vocabulary is passable and I know what "attended" means, in general. It's in context that it takes on nuance. If you parked your car at a lot with an "attendant" and the dude showed up once in 7 hours for two minutes, would you agree that your vehicle was "attended." It all depends on the exact question ask as to whether there's an inconsistency. Especially when you're dealing with someone under extreme stress.

If he died within an hour of being left though, or even two or three or four hours, he wouldn't have been that sweaty/wet at 4:30, right?

Don't know... I've read sometime the core temps of these kids remains above 107 108 for hours after. But to answer you question in honestly have no clue. But I can pick my child up from school or camp and tell she had been sweaty if even she isn't anymore. The amount of sweat he released I think would still be evident In my opinion

It hasn't been SO long. It's been one week. 7 days. They JUST got the results of the autopsy. They don't have toxicology. They said they are examining his life and computers. It's actually VERY recent.

7 days and with national news coverage and investigators and no one can turn up ANYONE who can say a mean thing about this guy?

That's a LONG time with no one - NO ONE - who has a negative thing to say.

And now, the sweet obituary by his extended family.

Can people start to say hey maybe this is exactly as he said - that for some unknown reason he didn't know his son was in the car? That there was significant cognitive delay in realizing he didn't leave his son at daycare?

This is a victim friendly board.[modsnip]

Don't know... I've read sometime the core temps of these kids remains above 107 108 for hours after. But to answer you question in honestly have no clue. But I can pick my child up from school or camp and tell she had been sweaty if even she isn't anymore. The amount of sweat he released I think would still be evident In my opinion

clothing is generally pretty saturated to if there is profuse sweating.....the wet hair is 'interesting' though....hair dries pretty quickly in that heat and the witnesses said his hair looked like he had just come out of a swimming pool

maybe that's one of the inconsistencies?? I really don't know

This is a victim friendly board. At what point will that mission keep posters in this thread from accusing this man of purposeful murder?

You can't be serious?!?! This man is charged with felony murder and you're calling him a victim? :scared:

The only victim here is the precious baby that he left in the car to die.

MOO!

clothing is generally pretty saturated to if there is profuse sweating.....the wet hair is 'interesting' though....hair dries pretty quickly in that heat and the witnesses said his hair looked like he had just come out of a swimming pool

I have to review the statement. I didnt interprate it as just coming out as much as looked like he had been in a pool. You can tell sweaty re-dried hair on little kids. I think so anyways.., I mean it was hooooooot .. Poor baby I have to stop thinking about this part. Hard to be objective :(

You can't be serious?!?! This man is charged with felony murder and you're calling him a victim? :scared:

The only victim here is the precious baby that he left in the car to die.

MOO!

Yes, I am serious actually.

There are MANY victims here. Too numerous to count at this point. How many people are crippled by this dear dear little boy's tragic death?

Accidents happen, JLS. Accidents ruin lives. Charging a man for a horrific accident that killed his darling son and ruined his life makes him a victim of circumstance, in my opinion. He is a victim, too, of this horror.

I have to review the statement. I didnt interprate it as just coming out as much as looked like he had been in a pool. You can tell sweaty re-dried hair on little kids. I think so anyways.., I mean it was hooooooot .. Poor baby I have to stop thinking about this part. Hard to be objective :(

Yes, review it. I looked at it for exactly that reason and I got wet with sweat, not matted dried previously sweaty hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member