GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad's story stinks. My worst fear is that caretakers can use the "I forgot" scenario as an excuse.

I think it did answer a question many of us have had. As much as they go on and on about how he talked all the time, talked about cars and trucks, and was vocal...I don't think he was sitting silently that drive back to his work.

Gave a bit away, if you ask me.

Exactly! I thought the same thing when I read that.

I think it did answer a question many of us have had. As much as they go on and on about how he talked all the time, talked about cars and trucks, and was vocal...I don't think he was sitting silently that drive back to his work.

Gave a bit away, if you ask me.

I think it gave away a couple of "bits". I hope this investigation and trial do not drag on and on like the Anthony case did.

I really bugs me that they are asking for money to support them in their son's obituary. It's not in his memory, it's just for them. I don't want to kick them while they are down, but my goodness...the boy deserves to be honored without agenda.

It doesn't feel right, IMO.

I really bugs me that they are asking for money to support them in their son's obituary. It's not in his memory, it's just for them. I don't want to kick them while they are down, but my goodness...the boy deserves to be honored without agenda.

I'm with you ....

Not wanting to get into details but I have attended some ghastly funerals that turned into fire & brimstone affairs and showed more ''agenda'' and less compassion to the deceased...

I wonder why they decided to insert a PR statement into the obit.

Probably because they have been told not to talk to the media but wanted people who cared enough to read the little guys obit they support and stand behind the dad. There might be more to the story on both ends. I don't know. Their statements regarding Ross are very generous at a time like this so they must have faith in the man they have known him to be all these years and view this as an accident as other families of children who died in cars did. Until she gives a statement I can only speculate. I don't know these people but I pray they find peace and heal from this one day.

Probably because they have been told not to talk to the media but wanted people who cared enough to read the little guys obit they support and stand behind the dad. There might be more to the story on both ends. I don't know. Their statements regarding Ross are very generous at a time like this so they must have faith in the man they have known him to be all these years and view this as an accident as other families of children who died in cars did. Until she gives a statement I can only speculate. I don't know these people but I pray they find peace and heal from this one day.

I believe your assessment is accurate.

'But the baby didn't look like it had been choking, it looked like it had been sweating, like it had been in a swimming pool, his hair was all wet."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-car-toddler-son-died-way.html#ixzz35icwqSET
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

sorry it took me so long to find what I referenced yesterday....
Heck! It sounds almost like the dad doused him with a hose pipe!
*imagining pulling my sopping wet 2 year old out of the pool with his "floaties" dripping wet...
There is a difference from a sweaty toddler and a sopping wet one.
At any rate a dead child can't sweat, so why was he wet?!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I don't think they are asking for money. I think they are grateful this charity has supported them and instead of people spending money on flowers that will die they ask it go back to the charity so they can continue to help other people who may find themselves in need. Its not like they linked to the other defense fund. Who knows who even set that up for them?

But an obituary is to honor the dead, not a defense strategy. This is a tiny boy who isn't getting a proper moment to be honored. It's a campaign for the man in jail and a solicitation for funds. The precious boy is an afterthought. I too hope they find peace, but they get no respect from me for using his obituary the way they did.

But an obituary is to honor the dead, not a defense strategy. This is a tiny boy who isn't getting a proper moment to be honored. It's a campaign for the man in jail and a solicitation for funds. The precious boy is an afterthought. I too hope they fund peace, but they get no respect from me for using his obituary the way they did.

More baby less pop would be welcome and I hope there will be more about the baby at that sad funeral.

I don't think they are asking for money. I think they are grateful this charity has supported them and instead of people spending money on flowers that will die they ask it go back to the charity so they can continue to help other people who may find themselves in need. Its not like they linked to the other defense fund. Who knows who even set that up for them?

"to support us during this tragic time"

It's not going charity or other people, it's going to themselves.

To be clear, for WS purposes, this dad is not a victim. He has been charged with murder and cruelty to a child. He is not considered a victim here.

Salem

to be clear, he's charged with second degree cruelty (criminal negligence) and felony murder (which requires no greater proof than guilty of the criminal negligence charge). So the second degree cruelty charge comes first and must be proven before you get to the felony murder charge -- which requires no separate finding of intent. The charge that required intent was dropped.

http://www.millerbrownlaw.com/Cruelty_to_Children.php

I posted the felony murder link above.

to be clear, he's charged with second degree cruelty (criminal negligence) and felony murder (which requires no greater proof than guilty of the criminal negligence charge). So the second degree cruelty charge comes first and must be proven before you get to the felony murder charge -- which requires no separate finding of intent. The charge that required intent was dropped.

http://www.millerbrownlaw.com/Cruelty_to_Children.php

I posted the felony murder link above.

Right, but still to be clear...he is not a victim. And, LE has said the are looking for motive. I think it appears the believe there was intent and are searching his life for it currently. The charge was dropped, because thy don't have proof...yet.

Right, but still to be clear...he is not a victim. And, LE has said the are looking for motive. I think it appears the believe there was intent and are searching his life for it currently. The charge was dropped, because thy don't have proof...yet.

He may be a victim ultimately in real life, he may not be. He's not considered a victim here, and that is what it is. I was just clarifying that he's not charged with 'murder' as in he killed the child on purpose and what he's charged with on both counts is criminal negligence -- a far cry from what people think of when they hear "murder."

He may be a victim ultimately in real life, he may not be. He's not considered a victim here, and that is what it is. I was just clarifying that he's not charged with 'murder' as in he killed the child on purpose and what he's charged with on both counts is criminal negligence -- a far cry from what people think of when they hear "murder."

bbm

?? how so??

Felony murder, is murder. He is responsible for the death of his child. He is not and will not be a victim here or anywhere else. He will always be who caused and allowed his baby to die. While I believe intent will be found, so don't need it. What it's legally called makes him no less guilty or responsible.

And what exactly is fake life? This IS real life.

Felony murder, is murder. He is responsible for the death of his child. He is not and will not be a victim here or anywhere else. He will always be who caused and allowed his baby to die. While I believe intent will be found, so don't need it. What it's legally called makes him no less guilty or responsible.

And what exactly is fake life? This IS real life.

If he's charged, tried and found guilty, he'll be guilty of criminal negligence at worst. Not intentional murder (unless the charges are upgraded...after having been downgraded). If he's not charged, tried or found guilty of criminal negligence, he'll obviously be a victim of the accidental death of his son.

Not saying he's not guilty. But he hasn't even been charged with "murdermurder". He's been charged with felony murder. Which, as was discussed at length above, has extreme varying culpability associated with the charge -- assuming a guilty verdict.

Imo, the internet and what people think there/here (including myself) is almost always completely irrelevant to what happens to the actually involved. So that's what I mean about IRL v. here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member