GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to bed people. Maybe tomorrow we'll hear details about the computer search, etc.

If he's not guilty, for one.

Only way he's not guilty is if someone else put the child in the car while he was at work.

We know that didn't happen...
All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the direct cause of death was a result of the father's inattention, failure to remove child from the SUV - father is still morally culpable ((((MOOO)))) ergo not a victim

If he's charged, tried and found guilty, he'll be guilty of criminal negligence at worst. Not intentional murder (unless the charges are upgraded...after having been downgraded). If he's not charged, tried or found guilty of criminal negligence, he'll obviously be a victim of the accidental death of his son.

Not saying he's not guilty. But he hasn't even been charged with "murdermurder". He's been charged with felony murder. Which, as was discussed at length above, has extreme varying culpability associated with the charge -- assuming a guilty verdict.

Imo, the internet and what people think there/here (including myself) is almost always completely irrelevant to what happens to the actually involved. So that's what I mean about IRL v. here.

I fully expect the evidence of intent to be found. Intent does not matter to me, though. His boy is dead, and he is responsible.

I have tried for the life of me to wrap my head around ''mitigating circumstances'' but am unable to find much compassion for the ''forgetful'' father.

I do know that if my spouse had ''forgotten'' my 22 month old son, custody would have definitely been a safer option than coming home to me.

I fully expect the evidence of intent to be found. Intent does not matter to me, though. His boy is dead, and he is responsible.

No freaking ''reason/excuse'' whatever is acceptable period dot.

Yes, I am serious actually.

There are MANY victims here. Too numerous to count at this point. How many people are crippled by this dear dear little boy's tragic death?

Accidents happen, JLS. Accidents ruin lives. Charging a man for a horrific accident that killed his darling son and ruined his life makes him a victim of circumstance, in my opinion. He is a victim, too, of this horror.

A victim of circumstance? Will you still be saying this if it's proven that his son's death was no accident but in fact very much intentional and premeditated?

[modsnip], IMO.

A victim of circumstance? Will you still be saying this if it's proven that his son's death was no accident but in fact very much intentional and premeditated?

[modsnip], IMO.

The crappy part of this sad tale is that friends and extended family are all secondary victims of this tragedy for sure and no one here is guilty of disrespecting them.

WS isn't for everyone for sure.....but I am glad to be here ... cases like this would keep me awake at night if I couldn't discuss them here.

Yes, I am serious actually.

There are MANY victims here. Too numerous to count at this point. How many people are crippled by this dear dear little boy's tragic death?

Accidents happen, JLS. Accidents ruin lives. Charging a man for a horrific accident that killed his darling son and ruined his life makes him a victim of circumstance, in my opinion. He is a victim, too, of this horror.

There is one victim. One. The one that sat, buckled in his car seat, locked in his fathers vehicle...crying, scared, alone, sweating, cramping....until he fell into a coma and roasted to death.

The crappy part of this sad tale is that friends and extended family are all victims of this tragedy for sure and no one here is guilty of disrespecting them.

WS isn't for everyone for sure.....but I am glad to be here ... cases like this would keep me awake at night if I couldn't discuss them here.

They keep me awake at night...either way!
It's 2:53 am where I am...

They keep me awake at night...either way!
It's 2:53 am where I am...

I hear ya!! At least there are people here willing to discuss the cases, my circle of friends family etc just go ew!!

Heck! It sounds almost like the dad doused him with a hose pipe!
*imagining pulling my sopping wet 2 year old out of the pool with his "floaties" dripping wet...
There is a difference from a sweaty toddler and a sopping wet one.
At any rate a dead child can't sweat, so why was he wet?!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I'm willing to bet that Dad, prior to stopping vehicle where he did, poured water over his child to give the appearance that he was alive/recently alive. If Dad claimed he'd been choking, maybe he wanted to give the appearance that child was struggling (read: ALIVE) so much due to choking that he had worked up a sweat. Or sadly, maybe there was blood somewhere on the child's face that he didn't want anyone to see so he quickly dumped a bottle of water on him to wash it off. ?

I think it's odd that the family referenced Cooper's behavior in the parking lots in the obituary, considering where he died

The crappy part of this sad tale is that friends and extended family are all secondary victims of this tragedy for sure and no one here is guilty of disrespecting them.

Copper is the only victim. [modsnip]

I'm willing to bet that Dad, prior to stopping vehicle where he did, poured water over his child to give the appearance that he was alive/recently alive. If Dad claimed he'd been choking, maybe he wanted to give the appearance that child was struggling (read: ALIVE) so much due to choking that he had worked up a sweat. Or sadly, maybe there was blood somewhere on the child's face that he didn't want anyone to see so he quickly dumped a bottle of water on him to wash it off. ?

bbm

wow -- hadn't thought of that....wow

here I was just thinking he wanted to make it look ''recent'' ((his passing))

True. And that is where I say he went into cover up mode. He had to have found the child dead if he brought a bottle of water or went and got one to pour on him.
In that moment he didn't call 911. He was no longer a part of the solution. He was the problem.

I really hope they have good footage of him.
He probably bought the water bottle as he leisurely ate his lunch in his air conditioned office, then took the bottle down to the car at lunch,assuring no one would see him with a bottle of water upon leaving for the day.
I bet he wasn't really planning on the mess he ended up with.
He didn't expect the car to smell like it did and didn't think he'd get caught.
imo

Copper is the only victim. There are NO other victims and saying anything else is so disrespectful of the true victim it's sick! Truly sick!

I hear you

I just recall from posting on Kyle Horman's board comments regarding the parents ((they were not charged)) were off limits ....Mods were very very vigilant about that policy that the surviving (no charges against them) parents, grandparents etc were ''victims'' too.

I agree with you in spirit but for sake of WS TOS family members not charged are considered victims too....... I refer to them as secondary ((because they are grieving)) out of respect -- they did not harm the child and have lost grandson, nephew etc

True. And that is where I say he went into cover up mode. He had to have found the child dead if he brought a bottle of water or went and got one to pour on him.
In that moment he didn't call 911. He was no longer a part of the solution. He was the problem.

I really hope they have good footage of him.
He probably bought the water bottle as he leisurely ate his lunch in his air conditioned office, then took the bottle down to the car at lunch,assuring no one would see him with a bottle of water upon leaving for the day.
I bet he wasn't really planning on the mess he ended up with.
He didn't expect the car to smell like it did and didn't think he'd get caught.
imo

bbm

I pray that someone in that parking lot had a dashcam!!

I think it's odd that the family referenced Cooper's behavior in the parking lots in the obituary, considering where he died

yep ... I can imagine him so proud of his new abilities that he was probably chirping like a birdie as they were driving to the parking lot! How his pop could have ignored that is heartless ((MOO))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member