GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and that is just plain STUPID on the part of the criminals. If they kept their mouth SHUT regarding internet searches it would come down to "prove no one else accessed the computer, prove it must have been this individual" etc....

We have the right to remain silent, but very few criminals have the ability.

We can only be thankful when criminals aren't smart.

But high school boys are not the same as a young child. It's a completely different perversion.
True and high schoolers can speak and fight back.
I just get a shiver when I look at him.
Then to hear from his friends about how great he was almost solidifies the fact that he is a murderer. No one is that perfect- when others sing the praises of these accused family men a red flag goes up in my mind.

Just in general, not pedophilia in particular. As the gears start turning, it is something I look to see if there is a possibility.

ETA:
2 arrests here in Ga recently, a Mayor and a firefighter.
They were out there and no one suspected them.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/20291197...rested-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25888649/kennesaw-man-charged-with-child-molestation

:truce::truce:

Just an "off the cuff" thought BUT I'd really like to see the charges reflect the provable by hard, "beyond a reasonable doubt" evidence! Let's NOT have an over-charged court case but justice! :twocents::twocents:

I haven't read anything about the mother's schedule. If she typically picked the child up at 2 from the day care...and the child wasn't there and had never been dropped off...and she kept calling until after 4 and then spoke with the father....

Well I won't say anything more except....did she place multiple calls to the husband's cell and also to the office so the staff there would track him down?

She is not a named suspect in this case so these are just innocent questions.

I agree.. I wonder if there had been calls made by mom...and LE was alerted to possible danger... Therefore added to the quick arrest of Harris...

Just a thought...

I've never seen that anywhere but in the bold headers of this Dailymail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz35frCCXvS

Everything else I've seen, including the arrest warrant says "into the vehicle" but not where. Not sure whether that detail is any more important than the driver v. passenger door might be, but just in case ;)

Police said on Wednesday that Harris actually RETURNED to his car at lunch while at work to put something in the front passenger seat - http://www.ablxboston.com/national/...ore-his-toddler-son-died-in-the-same-way.html

Obviously it's hot enough right now to kill a child left in car.

Exactly. And there is the convenient search for what temps a child could die, so he had the information he needed to know June would work.

As LE told us from the beginning. hmm

Exactly ...

Facts Will Show Death of Kid in Hot Car Not Negligence, Says Top Cop

...Cobb County Chief of Police John Houser did not spell out exactly what evidence police have to support the charges.

"I understand that tragic accidents similar to this one do occur and in most cases the parent simply made a mistake that cost them the life of their child," he said in a statement.

"This investigation, although similar in nature to others, must be weighed on its own merit and the facts that lead our detectives to charge the father must be presented at the appropriate time during the judicial process.

"The chain of events that occurred in this case does not point toward simple negligence and evidence will be presented to support this allegation."
(BBM)

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/facts-will-show-death-kid-hot-car-not-negligence-says-n140491

Then to hear from his friends about how great he was almost solidifies the fact that he is a murderer. No one is that perfect- when others sing the praises of these accused family men a red flag goes up in my mind.

Just in general, not pedophilia in particular. As the gears start turning, it is something I look to see if there is a possibility.

Personally, my own husbands hobby is photography. I STILL take more pictures of our son.
I think it's a little weird that he took photos everyday.
Imo it stood out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I've been lurking but have read every post about this heartbreaking case. Just thought of one thing. In the presser, it was said some on duty cops saw a crowd gathering and showed up. It's not clear whether 911 was also called by witnesses, but at the very least these cops would have radioed for EMS, I think.

Since it seems JH had a cellphone he didn't use to call 911, and instead yelled at strangers to call 911, it seems to me he might have encountered a real wrench in his plans, when cops showed up quickly, uninvited, followed by EMS. I can't help but wonder if he'd hoped for more time with the reveal to strangers who are just regular folks, who wouldn't necessarily know about stages of death etc, who could have even been persuaded that the child had been choking and just recently alive? (Not saying he could have successfully fooled paramedics with time of death, but am saying it seems he thought he could have.

Maybe that was why he was so belligerent and had to watch his mouth?

Exactly ...

Facts Will Show Death of Kid in Hot Car Not Negligence, Says Top Cop

...Cobb County Chief of Police John Houser did not spell out exactly what evidence police have to support the charges.

"I understand that tragic accidents similar to this one do occur and in most cases the parent simply made a mistake that cost them the life of their child," he said in a statement.

"This investigation, although similar in nature to others, must be weighed on its own merit and the facts that lead our detectives to charge the father must be presented at the appropriate time during the judicial process.

"The chain of events that occurred in this case does not point toward simple negligence and evidence will be presented to support this allegation."
(BBM)

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/facts-will-show-death-kid-hot-car-not-negligence-says-n140491

Thanks for this!!

Well, gee...they might have known what they are doing! [modsnip] I think it's obvious they saw a case that deserved criminal charges and investigations, and did so. I also think it's obvious they knew there were dealing with something, very very bad at the scene. I'd like to give the officer who told him to watch his mouth a medal for restraint.

Hi. I've been lurking but have read every post about this heartbreaking case. Just thought of one thing. In the presser, it was said some on duty cops saw a crowd gathering and showed up. It's not clear whether 911 was also called by witnesses, but at the very least these cops would have radioed for EMS, I think.

Since it seems JH had a cellphone he didn't use to call 911, and instead yelled at strangers to call 911, it seems to me he might have encountered a real wrench in his plans, when cops showed up quickly, uninvited, followed by EMS. I can't help but wonder if he'd hoped for more time with the reveal to strangers who are just regular folks, who wouldn't necessarily know about stages of death etc, who could have even been persuaded that the child had been choking and just recently alive? (Not saying he could have successfully fooled paramedics with time of death, but am saying it seems he thought he could have.

Maybe that was why he was so belligerent and had to watch his mouth?

BBM. That kind of blew my mind. I NEVER thought of that. Very good observation. Wow.

ETA:
2 arrests here in Ga recently, a Mayor and a firefighter.
They were out there and no one suspected them.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/20291197...rested-on-child-*advertiser censored*-charges

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25888649/kennesaw-man-charged-with-child-molestation

Can I just go ahead and admit that I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't want to allow myself to believe that it could be a possibility?

I understand what you are saying, I just can't...

Justin Ross Harris, 33, won’t be allowed to attend a planned service for 22-month-old Cooper in his home town of Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Saturday.
In many states, inmates are granted a temporary leave of absence – or furlough – on compassionate grounds to attend funerals.

Pre-trial inmates - such as Harris - can request permission under a special court order but Cobb County in Georgia where the death occurred does not grant them under any circumstances.

Cobb County Sheriff’s Department, which is in charge of Harris’ detention, told MailOnline: ‘We do not transport inmates to funeral services, that’s it, that’s our policy.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...takes-animals-die-hot-cars.html#ixzz35xCbQtzc

I just thought of this - if they thought he *might* get bail - couldn't the family have postponed the funeral so he could attend? I know that happens frequently when family members are out of the country or other extenuating circumstances occur.

Either it was not that important for him to be there in his wife's eyes, OR she didn't expect he would be out on bail anytime soon, OR she just needed the closure of the funeral? Other ideas?

Personally, my own husbands hobby is photography. I STILL take more pictures of our son.
I think it's a little weird that he took photos everyday.
Imo it stood out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
& could forget him in a snap.
Those 2 things do not jive with one another.

I hope we find out if there was a picture made that day.
moo

I just thought of this - if they thought he *might* get bail - couldn't the family have postponed the funeral so he could attend? I know that happens frequently when family members are out of the country or other extenuating circumstances occur.

Either it was not that important for him to be there in his wife's eyes, OR she didn't expect he would be out on bail anytime soon, OR she just needed the closure of the funeral? Other ideas?

I think they wanted to bury him. I also think they knew he wouldn't get out due to policy and him being held with no bond. I don't think anyone truly thought he would get bail.

At this point, today, I wonder if they aren't thankful they could bury him without his attendance.

there are those who have staunchly given this man the benefit of the doubt.

I have always believed LE had good reason to believe this was not some oopsy.

But I have also followed cases where LE has believed a parent was guilty of the crime and I strongly felt otherwise.

So I am glad there was that POV in this conversation. While I was not in the minority on this case in my POV, I have been in others. It is very difficult to be "that member". So props to them and their responsible attempts to convey their own POVs even as most here were viewing things very differently.

Their names are separated in the obit. Maybe she has his #?

I wonder if baby was his bio child....
I wonder how married life really is like in that home... That poor mother :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads