GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Munchausen syndrome, or Munchausen by proxy, are solely "maternal" syndromes to begin with. No reason fathers couldn't have this same disorder. Though it seems like all the cases I have read have involved women to this point, but I obviously haven't read every case. Usually with Munchausen, the parent seeks out medical attention for their child before the child dies though, because they want the attention of people fawning over their child and feeling sorry for the parent.

BBM. Exactly. Fatalities can often be the result of Munchhausen, but that is not the goal. The goal is the attention and sympathy form a sick child.

ETA: I was meaning to refer to Munchhausen by proxy.

It was worded like this.. parents John Smith and Jane Smith, paternal grandparents John and Jane Smith, maternal grandparents John and Jane Smith, Jim and Sara James, Alex and Mary Travis etc etc

The parents names were separate and every else was listed as a couple. jmo

The only thing I can think of this is the desire to list the mother's maiden name - If you notice they include his middle name and her maiden name. Given the tone of the rest of the obit - I am not thinking this indicates anything else.

BUT I do find the cropped photo with the online obit rather interesting.

Munchausen is when you make yourself sick for the attention... by proxy is when you make someone else sick for the attention.

Yes, sorry. I was actually referring to "by proxy" but left that off. In any case, I don't believe that's at work here. I edited my original post, thanks for catching.

Yikes A lot has been posted in the last 12 hours. Going to catch up just wanted to ask of anything new has been released or if there are any updates?

Wish all the guests on this thread would join. Would love to hear your views!!!:seeya:

Yikes A lot has been posted in the last 12 hours. Going to catch up just wanted to ask of anything new has been released or if there are any updates?

Yes the search warrants have been posted. Very interesting in that he searched for 'child' deaths in hot car and not animals.

BBM. Exactly. Fatalities can often be the result of Munchhausen, but that is not the goal. The goal is the attention and sympathy form a sick child.

ETA: I was meaning to refer to Munchhausen by proxy.

Me too, I forgot to add "by proxy" in my final sentence, but that's what I meant.

the timing of those recent searches by Harris is key.

If they were done prior to that day it suggests at the very least that he was interested in that info either because, as he said, he feared such an "accident" or at worst it was research for something more nefarious. As many have mentioned I would expect his fear and research to cause him to be hyper alert to the possibility and act accordingly by taking action to prevent such a tragedy. Otherwise it has the appearance of research and planning for just such an "accident".

If those recent searches were done between his arrival to work and his "lunch" visit to car that would suggest he either at some point remembered his son was in the car and failed to act or that he was checking to see if Cooper had been in the vehicle long enough to "discover" him. Which also suggests that "lunch" visit to car he knew the child was there and either he could not be sure Cooper was dead or Cooper was already dead and Harris decided not have the big reveal at work, hence drove down the road and selected the discovery spot purposefully.

All of the above is just MOO

Follow-up to my earlier post. Below I've linked a pic of the interior of Hyundai model Tucson suv same model (yr maybe diff but interior space stays the same) of the car the baby was supposedly forgotten in.

Look at how close and tight the space is. Even with a car seat facing backwards a 22mo placed in the center on a car seat one would still see the child. Imo the story stopped here, the rest of the father's actions pure theatre. Moo

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...84ZA&iact=rc&uact=3&page=13&start=122&ndsp=10

ciao

The only thing I can think of this is the desire to list the mother's maiden name - If you notice they include his middle name and her maiden name. Given the tone of the rest of the obit - I am not thinking this indicates anything else.

BUT I do find the cropped photo with the online obit rather interesting.

Yes but her maiden name is used as a middle name. Just noting the difference.

Yes the search warrants have been posted. Very interesting in that he searched for 'child' deaths in hot car and not animals.

Just so I don't have to go back through an unknown amount of pages, could you please let me know what page the search warrant link is on? I would like to look at it... TIA

the timing of those recent searches by Harris is key.

If they were done prior to that day it suggests at the very least that he was interested in that info either because, as he said, he feared such an "accident" or at worst it was research for something more nefarious. As many have mentioned I would expect his fear and research to cause him to be hyper alert to the possibility and act accordingly by taking action to prevent such a tragedy. Otherwise it has the appearance of research and planning for just such an "accident".

If those recent searches were done between his arrival to work and his "lunch" visit to car that would suggest he either at some point remembered his son was in the car and failed to act or that he was checking to see if Cooper had been in the vehicle long enough to "discover" him. Which also suggests that "lunch" visit to car he knew the child was there and either he could not be sure Cooper was dead or Cooper was already dead and Harris decided not have the big reveal at work, hence drove down the road and selected the discovery spot purposefully.

All of the above is just MOO

I agree. At the least, the search proves (IMO) that this isn't just a tragic accident and the current charged are deserved. He should be in jail and held accountable for this. Whether or not they raise the charges and add more, will depend on the totality of the evidence.

oh my, I feel your pain, I had 10 to 15 pages to read when I rejoined after logging off last night. My best advice is to hit the media thread first. The Search Warrants have been released and Harris admitted/volunteered apparently to having done recent searches about how long and at what temps a child would die in a vehicle. :(

Follow-up to my earlier post. Below I've linked a pic of the interior of Hyundai model Tucson suv same model (yr maybe diff but interior space stays the same) of the car the baby was supposedly forgotten in.

Look at how close and tight the space is. Even with a car seat facing backwards a 22mo placed in the center on a car seat one would still see the child. Imo the story stopped here, the rest of the father's actions pure theatre. Moo

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...84ZA&iact=rc&uact=3&page=13&start=122&ndsp=10

ciao

Yes. As I have said, I have this vehicle and the car seat sits against the front seats. I can see the child when I am sitting in the driver seat, and I am short. He has a literal foot of height on me.

** I want to note, that in the picture the seats are all the way forward. I can't even drive like that, and as said he is a foot taller.

search warrant number #: 14-sw-0596
docket number #: E010634

therefore affiant respectfully requests a search and seizure warrant be issued to lawfully search the location of 1212 wynnes ridge cir, marietta ga 30067 for evidence to include, papers, writings, documents, photographs, evidence of child neglect, child abuse and photograph the residence.

Affiant is a sworn and certified police officer in the state of georgia and has been for 10 years. Affiant is currently employed by the cobb county police department and is currently assigned as a detective in the crimes against persons division, homicide squad (cap). Cap is responsible for investigating crimes perpetrated against persons in unincorporated cobb county, ga to include the physical and sexual abuse of persons, abuse involving the internet or other electronic devices and means, and murder. Affiant has completed search and seizure, interviews and interrogations, basic investigations, homicide investigations and other investigation classes for post credit.

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs pct 3 officers responded to 2955 akers mill rd, atlanta ga regarding a person down call. When the officers arrived on scene they discovered that cooper harris 08-02-12 was deceased. The cap unit was contacted and responded to the scene regarding a homicide investigation.

Justin harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of uncle maddio's pizza, 2955 akers mill rd in a 2011 hyundai tucson, ga tag "rt7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly
exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, cooper harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "oh my god what have i done". He then began doing cpr on the child. Ems
responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased.

Justin stated that he went to work that morning and forgot to drop the child off at day care. Justin left his residence, 1212 wynnes ridge cir, marietta ga, took the child to chic fila in vinings and then went to work. The child was left
in the vehicle since approximately 0930 hrs this morning until he was discovered by justin at around 1620 hrs when he was driving to meet up with some friends

search warrant number #: 14-sw-0597
docket number #: E010635

therefore affiant respectfully requests a search and seizure warrant be issued to lawfully search the location of 1212 wynnes ridge cir, marietta ga 30067 for evidence to include a laptop computer, computer tower, google chrome
cast internet searcher and other electronic devises.

Affiant is a sworn and certified police officer in the state of georgia and has been for 10 years. Affiant is currently employed by the cobb county police department and is currently assigned as a detective in the crimes against
persons division, homicide squad (cap). Cap is responsible for investigating crimes perpetrated against persons in unincorporated cobb county, ga to include the physical and sexual abuse of persons, abuse involving the internet or other electronic devices and means, and murder. Affiant has completed search and seizure, interviews and interrogations, basic investigations, homicide investigations and other investigation classes for post credit.

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs pct 3 officers responded to 2955 akers mill rd, atlanta ga regarding a person down call. When the officers arrived on scene they discovered that cooper harris 08-02-12 was deceased. The cap unit was contacted and responded to the scene regarding a homicide investigation.

Justin harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of uncle maddio's pizza, 2955 akers mill rd in a 2011 hyundai tucson, ga tag "rt7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly
exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, cooper harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "oh my god what have i done". He then began doing cpr on the child. Ems
responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased.

Justin stated that he went to work that morning and forgot to drop the child off at day care. Justin left his residence, 1212 wynnes ridge cir, marietta ga, took the child to chic fila in vinings and then went to work. The child was left
in the vehicle since approximately 0930 hrs this morning until he was discovered by justin at around 1620 hrs when he was driving to meet up with some friends. The tempreture outside was in the 90's for most of the day.

During an interview with justin, he stated that he recently researched, through the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur. Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen.

search warrant number #: 14-sw-0598
docket number #: E010636

affiant is searching for the following items: Trace evidence including but not limited to latent impressions, hairs, fibers, fingerprints, blood, or dna, a child car seat, cell phones, photograph the vehicle, take measurements of the vehicle, computers, electronic communication devices, any electronic data storage devices located inside the vehicle, any paperwork and or writings related to the crime of homicide and cruelty to children.

[the probable cause statement for this warrant mirrors the one prior]

search warrant number #: 14-sw-0599
docket number #: E010637

the cell phone will be physically examined, documented, the storage devices forensically imaged or copied (if necessary), and later examined for evidence of these crimes. The results of the examination will be presented by your
affiant or designee and later forwarded to the office of the district attorney. The return portion of this warrant will the actual seizure of articles. The examination will exceed ten days or more based on the high volume of data
to be processed and examined, but all results will be submitted as evidence at a later date.

[the probable cause statement for this warrant mirrors the one prior]

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/06/28/merged_document.pdf

bumping for those just joining us today

I've never seen that anywhere but in the bold headers of this Dailymail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz35frCCXvS

Everything else I've seen, including the arrest warrant says "into the vehicle" but not where. Not sure whether that detail is any more important than the driver v. passenger door might be, but just in case ;)

It's in the criminal warrant that was issued on Tuesday, 6/24.

Text of the warrant, bbm:

MAGISTRATE COURT OF COBB COUNTY GEORGIA, COBB COUNTY

Warrant No. 14-W-5669 Police Case No. 14051843a

Personally came P M Stoddard, who makes oath before a Magistrate of this Court that Justin Ross Harris (hereinafter called the accused) AKA: did, on 6/18/2014 at 04:23 PM at 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta in the County of Cobb, Georgia, commit the offense of CRUELTY TO CHILD 2ND DEGREE (F) violating O.C.G.A, Section 16-5-70(c),for that said accused did with criminal negligence causes a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain, to wit: said accused did place his 22 month old male son into a rear facing car seat of his 2011 Hyundai Tucson after eating at 2485 Cumberland Pkwy SE.

The car seat was centered on the rear seat of the Tucson. Said accused then drove to his place of employment, 2600 Cumberland Blvd, and left his son strapped into the vehicle while he entered work. During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle. Said accused then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business.

At 1616hrs said accused left work in his vehicle and pulled over at a shopping center on Akers Mill Rd asking for assistance with his child.

Child was found to be deceased at the scene after being in the vehicle for approximately 7 hours; on 6/18/2014 at 04:23 PM commit the offense of MURDER FELONY(F) violating O.C.G.A, Section 16-5-1, for that Said accused did commit the offense of HOMICIDE MURDER DURING COMMISION FELONY (F) violating O.C.G.A., section 16-5-1(c), for that said accused did commit the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, said accused did cause the death of another human being irrespective of malice, to wit: said accused did commit the felony offense of CRUELTY TO CHILD SECOND DEGREE, 16-5-70(c), by leaving a 22 month old male juvenile unattended in a parked vehicle for approximately 7 hours which resulted in the death of the juvenile; and affiant makes this affidavit that a warrant may issue for the arrest of the accused.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/...County_criminal_warrant_for_Justin_Harris.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13