GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think any of those temps would cause a death of child or animal after a length of time, especially if he was going to work for the day. It doesn't take long for the inside of a vehicle to heat up to temps well over 100. Even on cooler days than the ones posted, my own van gets stifling hot after just a few minutes.

Maybe he just wanted to make absolutely sure it would happen. :banghead:

Or that it would happen more quickly, if anyone happened to notice a child in the car.

BBM. YES! If he "thought it could happen" or was afraid, than it could happen anytime. The temperature would not matter, because he would have no idea of the temperature when it could happen.

Thank you to both of you, blue22 and hamsterdance, for clarifying this line of thought. I was having trouble explaining the distinction between searching for time and temp, but I felt it was significant.

I also think his search for TEMP might be why he went down to the car at lunch. Okay, it had been hot enough, right? But maybe it hadn't been long enough...

IKWYM... Side effect of Websleuths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's healthy, but my instincts are more keen.
Possibly veered me away from danger.

Wish all the guests on this thread would join. Would love to hear your views!!!:seeya:

some of us guests have accounts but are just to lazy to sign in.. lol ive been quiet up until now but reading since this all began in the first thread. I usually come by when a case grabs my attention and something seems off. my curiosity is running rampant right now. this site does such a great job of having all the news in 1 place so i dont need to go searching :)

From the moment i heard this case it was a "wtf" moment that none of it made sense to me. Im a very forgetful single father but i still cant grasp how someone would forget their kid is in the car, especially for a full day, and not realize until a few miles down road. Ive forgot my phone, wallet, keys, groceries etc.. but never one of my kids. never even been scared about forgetting.

some things that have been on my mind

1) any time i have forgot to contact a daycare that one of my child's wouldn't be coming in, I've gotten a call from the receptionist just to see whats up. Ive been wondering if any attempt at contact was made.

2) The smell. I cant think of an incident where i heard a child was left in a car, and they hadn't soiled a diaper. and my kids just loved to go once in a car seat.. One would think the moment he opened his car door he would be hit with a smell and begin to wonder. My car is a mess and i still search and track down where a smell is coming from. especially if its as bad as the rumors have mentioned

3) looking up at what temp a child would die is just messed up. If thats the wording of his search.. i could accept "kids and cars" .. maybe. Ive searched about leaving them in cars for very short durations, not in any specific weather, like a gas station. Being a single dad i dont have alot of people to ask for these kinda things. my 8yo still complains when i make him get out for just 2 minutes lol but im paranoyed

4) I have never even been close to atlanta so i dont know the city at all, but looking at google, i plotted the gerenal area of his house, where the 2 home depot offices are and the mall he pulled over. To me it looks like the mall is in the wrong direction. but maybe those streets are better that time of day?

Respectfully snipped

Yes, I watched and heard it too. But the actual search warrants state officers responded to a man down call. I think first officers onscene were attracted by the hubbub and they then called in the man down which got other officers onscene and the EMT dispatched. JMO

That makes sense.

:truce::truce:

Just an "off the cuff" thought BUT I'd really like to see the charges reflect the provable by hard, "beyond a reasonable doubt" evidence! Let's NOT have an over-charged court case but justice! :twocents::twocents:

Well, seeing as he admitted to searching the temps and times it would take to kill a child in a hot car right before his child died in a hot car, and seeing as it was only three minutes from he time he strapped his child into the car for the second time that morning after breakfast, until he arrived at work and "forgot" his son, felony murder is not close to overcharging him. This looks like a clear case of premeditation.

Personally, my own husbands hobby is photography. I STILL take more pictures of our son.
I think it's a little weird that he took photos everyday.
Imo it stood out to me.

I don't. There are several videos of time lapsed, daily photos dads have taken of their kids from birth to a decade later or whatever. Lots of men love their babies enough to photograph them every day.

That's not what concerns me about this person.

Lord...it's a work day for me and I'm just now seeing all of this. It still doesn't add up. Something doesn't make sense. Is this some sort of paternal Munchausen syndrome by proxy? All the facts seem fishy... It doesn't fit... And if it doesn't fit... :). I'm not making light of this tragedy... This is God awful... I can't help but think there is some sort of psychotic episode involved... Whether that episode was before or after the death remains to be seen. This is tragic.

The sequence of events in this case and the behavior of the father doesn't come close, in my opinion, from what I've heavily researched over the years, come close to approximating examples of Munchausens or psychosis. Not close.

Sadly, as Websleuths shows, sometimes parents just don't love their kids and want to kill them. Including parents who everyone says adore their children and could never do such a thing. And distrust of LE or the legal system in general does not change that. There are just too many cases on here of parents who plot to harm their children for us to need to do mental gymnastics in this one to explain away the facts here. IMO.

Yes the search warrants have been posted. Very interesting in that he searched for 'child' deaths in hot car and not animals.

We don't know that he didn't. The tip might have been quite precise.

How can one be so fearful of leaving a child in the car and then actually forget him?

As for the obit I find it kind of odd they would bring up somewhat damning evidence about how Cooper normally acted while in the car. In a very short period of time they left one parking lot and entered another. If he talked to cars it would seem that Cooper would have been a busy talker telling cars hi or bye. If it was normal for him when in cars with other people but not his dad, why did he not feel comfortable doing it in front of dad.

No, I mean premonition.

Not everyone believes in premonition, I get that. But some people are very sensitive to "what could happen" by knowing their lifestyle and knowing themselves.

And also by something else spiritual.

I've seen it, I've felt it, I believe it. But no, thanks, I didn't choose the wrong word and it seems rather bold to tell someone that a word that actually exists (so people do believe it) isn't real.

How tragic for poor Cooper that he did not pay attention to this "premonition." :-( Talk about a missed opportunity!

That makes him even more negligent if he KNEW he was so forgetful. Why didn't he double check?

That's true. If you know it's a problem, you take double, triple, quadruple measures. Like taping notes to your dashboard. Having the daycare know to call re any unplanned absence, having your wife call you at work each morning to make sure baby went to daycare, taping a note to your computer. Placing your briefcase, phone or lunch in the backseat, etc.

No excuse.

I'm still trying to catch up- Just read the warrants. Looks like the comments are the same on each so I stopped. I'm sorry if this as been asked and answered but is the location of breakfast further than previously reported?

The only thing I can think of this is the desire to list the mother's maiden name - If you notice they include his middle name and her maiden name. Given the tone of the rest of the obit - I am not thinking this indicates anything else.

BUT I do find the cropped photo with the online obit rather interesting.

The maiden name is a common southern thing.

I found it odd the only statements about this little man referred to how he acted and what he said around cars....not anything else.

Cooper loved trucks and cars and often told them bye as we left parking lots. He had just learned the color red and as we passed red vehicles, he would tell his mommy and his daddy "bye red car, bye red truck." He was a joy and will always be cherished. His 22 months of life were the most happy and fulfilling times of his mother's and father's lives, and we will miss him greatly. The family rejoices in the fact that we know that our Cooper is in the arms of Jesus fully restored, protected and in perfect peace. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tu...&pid=171490524&fhid=8345#sthash.mBLARydh.dpuf

Are the quotes attributed all to ticya in giatas posts? Is this a tapatalk issue or what?

Or that it would happen more quickly, if anyone happened to notice a child in the car.

Exactly.

I just hope the little guy fell asleep and didn't suffer. :sigh: I hate the thought of him crying out, but then someone may have noticed. Hmm...was there an autopsy performed and were the results released? I wonder now if the little guy had been "silenced" before he went to work, perhaps by suffocation, and the whole "oops, I forgot my babe in my vehicle" was just to cover up the actual cause to make it look like an accident. Otherwise, you'd think he'd worry about a passerby hearing a child's cries. Even if everyone was supposedly already inside work, someone else may have wandered through the parking lot late and noticed.

Edited to add- I rechecked the link I provided earlier, and it answered my own question:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"The Cobb County medical examiner's office found the child's cause of death "consistent with hyperthermia and the investigative information suggests the manner of death is homicide," according to a Cobb County Department of Public Safety statement issued Wednesday. Temperatures hit 92 degrees Fahrenheit on the day of his death.
The medical examiner's office is waiting for toxicology test results before making an official ruling as to the cause and manner of the toddler's death."

I so wish that had happened, that someone had seen Cooper and acted! :( It seems like more of these deaths than any other happen in office parks, because people aren't coming and going as much as, say, in a strip mall parking lot.

The maiden name is a common southern thing.

I found it odd the only statements about this little man referred to how he acted and what he said around cars....not anything else.

Just googled the obituary. The names don't seem odd but the focus on cars in parking lots and such DOES seem odd. This long paragraph (below) is the only thing in the obit that talks about the boys personality. I realize this was posted before, it does seem rather odd.....

Quote:
Cooper loved trucks and cars and often told them bye as we left parking lots. He had just learned the color red and as we passed red vehicles, he would tell his mommy and his daddy "bye red car, bye red truck." He was a joy and will always be cherished. His 22 months of life were the most happy and fulfilling times of his mother's and father's lives, and we will miss him greatly. The family rejoices in the fact that we know that our Cooper is in the arms of Jesus fully restored, protected and in perfect peace. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tus....mBLARydh.dpuf

Considering his manner of death, I find that all very creepy to mention so much about his love of cars. :(

What time exactly did he arrive at work?
I wanna add it to the list

I read the obit again today after reading that the father was cropped out of the photo with little Cooper and his mom....and it was....I cannot remember if he was in the photo previously that was posted with the obit....if he was that will be telling as to why he was cropped out, IMO.

I don't see any photo attached to the linked obit above anyone have a link to the obit that has the photo??

Just a thought...

Is there a temperature gauge that can be seen from the driver's side of the car?

:waitasec:

I have a similar CUV and yes there is one in clear view in my vehicle.:twocents:

There's still a chance that the daycare DID in fact call one of Cooper's parents to inquire about his absence. We are assuming they didn't.

Are the quotes attributed all to ticya in giatas posts? Is this a tapatalk issue or what?

Nevermind.
Something is screwy on tapatalk multi-quotes. It comes up correctly when I switch to web view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member