GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOTALLY RANDOM THOUGHT WARNING !

I just thought of something. He looked up an animal dying. I really wonder if they look through the surveillance tapes if they will find another day where he stopped by his car at lunch. Maybe he tried a practice run on a sedated stray, prior to this.

Wild idea but if proven makes a clear case for premeditation

Thanks for posting this - I started the discussion about the cropped photo - I apologize for the misleading information. When I viewed the online version on my (less than smart) phone - it did not show it was posted by others - it just showed the photo and I assumed it was an official one.

I think from his tweet of the program that Randy Travis is at the service - I wonder if he will post any thoughts or observations. It has to be a heart-breaking funeral.

No, he was at a 10k today.

BBM yes, that would align with the reporter who did test drive on the distance to determine the time between destinations. 3 minutes. 3 minutes to forget about a child you literally JUST strapped back into the car. I do not see how anyone sees this as possible. :twocents:

If you could see it in person you would be shocked at the nearness - it would almost be tempting to not even buckle your seat belt (of course I'm a stickler about that - not to mention my chimes) - Think about taking a 1/2 mile walk - now think about driving that distance in your car.... It's just literally impossible to imagine he "forgot" Cooper - imo.

Yes. As I have said, I have this vehicle and the car seat sits against the front seats. I can see the child when I am sitting in the driver seat, and I am short. He has a literal foot of height on me.

** I want to note, that in the picture the seats are all the way forward. I can't even drive like that, and as said he is a foot taller.

Wow I missed your post about owning the same model suv. So with the seat pushed back that car seat would be almost if not touching the side of the driver seat?

Just imagining the child that close to him when he left the car and shut the door, it's too much. Jmo

ciao

Oh I actually think that's still a very open question for many of us.

Yes, it sure is! It was a CORPORATE RUN daycare! At Home Depot headquarters!

This also means "Daddy" took the baby to daycare EVERY DAY!

It wasn't an unusual stop on the way to work where a dad might forget and do his usual route. A daycare stop WAS his usual route!

Exactly.

I just hope the little guy fell asleep and didn't suffer. :sigh: I hate the thought of him crying out, but then someone may have noticed. Hmm...was there an autopsy performed and were the results released? I wonder now if the little guy had been "silenced" before he went to work, perhaps by suffocation, and the whole "oops, I forgot my babe in my vehicle" was just to cover up the actual cause to make it look like an accident. Otherwise, you'd think he'd worry about a passerby hearing a child's cries. Even if everyone was supposedly already inside work, someone else may have wandered through the parking lot late and noticed.

I keep wondering, if this was premeditated (and I believe it was), how the father would take the risk of someone seeing/hearing the baby. And how he mitigated that risk. I wonder:

- did he park away from everyone else in a far corner of the lot?
- did he administer something to the baby to sedate (I am sorry to be even saying this...), perhaps w the food at chicka filla? Perhaps that was seen or taped? (Baby Tylenol or benelyn.....?
- did he cover the baby with a blanket in the car or something, so no one could see him? (Or were the tinted windows enough)
- when he brought something to the car at lunch, was it something no one would ever need to bring (eg., a blank sheet of paper? An empty wrapper??)? And was the car so far away that even if wanted to put something meaningful there for later that its reasonable to assume few people would bother?

I too hope with all my heart that the little guy didn't suffer, even though it might point even further to premeditation.

My daycare never called me if my kids were absent. That was a long time ago, so I guess things have changed.

Just curious as my niece sits in a forward facing car seat and she is Cooper's age but her little brother who is nine months sits in rear facing....what is the usual position for Cooper's age group?

Has anyone sleuthed out Justin Harris yet? e.g. facebook, usernames, other social media accounts, etc. He was a web designer so he must be out there on the internet, likely quite a bit IMO.

I found his and his wife's FB the day his name was released, they have since been removed from FB. His LinkedIn is still up however.

I keep wondering, if this was premeditated (and I believe it was), how the father would take the risk of someone seeing/hearing the baby. And how he mitigated that risk. I wonder

I am guessing he came into work LATE after 9 am and knew no other coworkers would be walking through that part of the parking lot. It has been mentioned before, did he usually arrive at work after 9 and leave around 4?

Just curious as my niece sits in a forward facing car seat and she is Cooper's age but her little brother who is nine months sits in rear facing....what is the usual position for Cooper's age group?

It is recommended that you rear face at least till 2 yrs old now.

Based on another forum I'm on, it is about 75% RF at that age.

The timing of the 'hot car' search leaves me completely convinced there was premeditation. I am really, really curious to hear if the daycare contacred the parents and when, which one first, etc.

Linda I don't know how to do screen shot from tapatalk. Posting from cell.

ciao

Me too.
iPhone?

If you have an iphone, you push the power button at the top at the same time as the thumb button on the bottom, right above the plugger hole.

There's a + thingy that comes up when you post, you can select photo from your roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found his and his wife's FB the day his name was released, they have since been removed from FB. His LinkedIn is still up however.

Was it a joined hubby and wife fb? Was there a name in his facebook url? Can you link the linkedin account? TIA.

CNN reporting JRH has called into to service on speaker phone, sobbing but thanking all for support. Wife stood up and gave speech and defended him. Congregation stood in show of support. She also talked about having more children when this is over. WOW.

From Randy Travis' facebook:
Latest Cobb search warrant: Justin Ross Harris admitted to police he did Internet research on how high temperatures needed to get to kill child in hot car. Said he "was fearful this could happen." Law enforcement sources told us Wednesday his work computer was used to search for how hot a car has to get to "kill an animal." Son Cooper being buried today in Alabama.

I also searched and found JH's and his wife's Facebook pages right after this happened and nothing stood out as odd to me. Well, I did think there was a more than normal amount of "selfies" for a man. The mom's page was nondescript. Like PaisleyB said, they have since been taken down.

I am guessing he came into work LATE after 9 am and knew no other coworkers would be walking through that part of the parking lot.

Yes, you are right. Will be interesting to see if colleagues confirm and/or add that he was otherwise punctual or deviated in some way from his schedule/habits.

You're right that he might have thought being late was enough (and too add to that, maybe the restaurant stop was to make himself late--leaving home on time, but then stalling along the way... There's some speculation they ate at home already--imagine they went to the restaurant and didnt order anything? or ordered and didn't eat?!)

I just keep thinking that just being late alone is still a huge risk to take, i.e., being late would not guarantee he arrived last at the lot, as other people might have had doctors appointments, external meetings, etc., coming in after him or just coming and going as a course of business. Also, delivery companies and the like show up throughout the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat