GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I don't have to go back through an unknown amount of pages, could you please let me know what page the search warrant link is on? I would like to look at it... TIA

I think it is now posted in the media links on the first page. HTH.

I would say it constitutes premonition, not premeditation. The fact that he volunteered this information up, freely -

I'm amazed at how many people do seem to "sense" ahead of time a disaster. He knows his brain and he knows he's forgetful.

I think this is no more than an eery sense of foreboding. People sense danger. He knew he was able to forget like this.

wait. what? is that like psychics who NEVER EVER win the lottery.

if he KNEW he had issues remember that his child may be in the car - then he should have sought professional help. im sorry, but that is just ridiculous. that would be no different than one who is narcoleptic and is aware of it, but still going out driving w/ the kid in the car KNOWING they are placing their child in danger. i understand wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt - but that is seriously stretching it in order to meet one's hope because facts are not going the way one wants.

Follow-up to my earlier post. Below I've linked a pic of the interior of Hyundai model Tucson suv same model (yr maybe diff but interior space stays the same) of the car the baby was supposedly forgotten in.

Look at how close and tight the space is. Even with a car seat facing backwards a 22mo placed in the center on a car seat one would still see the child. Imo the story stopped here, the rest of the father's actions pure theatre. Moo

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...84ZA&iact=rc&uact=3&page=13&start=122&ndsp=10

ciao

I can't see it... Link doesn't work for me:(
Can some please post a screen shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but her maiden name is used as a middle name. Just noting the difference.

This is what I mean:
"Justin Ross Harris and Leanne Taylor Harris" BBM

The other couples are listed by only first and last names:
(not to use their names here)
John and Jane Doe, William and Susie Smith - etc.

I am saying that they could not say "Justin and Leanne Harris" and also include her maiden name.

I do not think the obit shows any distance from the dad - quite the opposite - I think it goes out of the way to show him in a positive light. However, as you stated, it might be different after today's developments - we will have to wait and see if we hear anything from mom - especially will be interesting if she attends the evidence hearing next week.

Here is the link in case anyone is reading and wants to see it: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tuscaloosa/obituary.aspx?pid=171490524

I've been wondering that, too. At the press conference, Bowman said "officers were on routine patrols" but then I've seen something recently (last night or this morning) about "responding to a man down call". I guess he could gave meant they were on routine patrols until they were called for this incident.

[hlnTV.com 6-26-14]

SOURCE: DAD MADE DISTURBING SEARCH BEFORE TOT'S DEATH

Witness, a pizza worker, said that an employee came in and said, "Call ambulance."

The witness did...(call 9-1-1)

(My own words...)

so....according to this report a pizza worker called 9-1-1... But...

It sounds like LE was patrolling in the area, as well..(per other sources)

and... I do not know if Harris called 9-1-1...

All...JMO

I'm shocked a bystander didn't whip out their phone and start recording!
I've seen people pull over on a highway to do it after a horrible accident.

Maybe someone did?... And we are just not aware of it yet?

:dunno:

Bumped... Feel free to add

Let's make a list.

Overwhelming smell
Drive some distance claiming not to be aware of his son. While his car reeked.

Recent Internet searches for time and temperatures required to kill a child left in the car.

Claimed to hear Choking

Visited car at lunch time

Hottest day on record this summer

Didn't call 911 *
Instructed others to.
Left child unattended to make calls.

Excited utterance " what have I done?" "I've killed my child"

After buckling the child back in the car at CF, he claims to have forgotten all about him in less than 4 minutes.

Arrived at work after 9am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

From the warrant: During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle."

For what it's worth, which door doesn't matter to me. Any door should have made him help his boy, but it was the driver side.

Just a thought...

Is there a temperature gauge that can be seen from the driver's side of the car?

:waitasec:

Oh my dear God.

I hope he wasn't producing child *advertiser censored*, viewing child *advertiser censored*, and didn't sexually assault his son....

I have a weird feeling we may find out his son wasn't his son after all, and that CP maybe part of the findings. Maybe Cooper was starting to talk. :(
Maybe it's not a mistresses after all but other sickos?
good god...I've become so jaded and suspicious since I started posting on websleuths.

This is what I mean:
"Justin Ross Harris and Leanne Taylor Harris" BBM

The other couples are listed by only first and last names:
(not to use their names here)
John and Jane Doe, William and Susie Smith - etc.

I am saying that they could not say "Justin and Leanne Harris" and also include her maiden name.

I do not think the obit shows any distance from the dad - quite the opposite - I think it goes out of the way to show him in a positive light. However, as you stated, it might be different after today's developments - we will have to wait and see if we hear anything from mom - especially will be interesting if she attends the evidence hearing next week.

Here is the link in case anyone is reading and wants to see it: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tuscaloosa/obituary.aspx?pid=171490524

I read the obit again today after reading that the father was cropped out of the photo with little Cooper and his mom....and it was....I cannot remember if he was in the photo previously that was posted with the obit....if he was that will be telling as to why he was cropped out, IMO.

This was just discussed by you all, and now that I'm catching up I am stuck by a certain nuance in the evidence. It says JH admitted recently searching for

what temperature it needs to be for a child to die in a hot car because he was worried it could happen.

Many of your said if he was worried, he'd look at ways to prevent it instead, and I agree. But I am struck that what he looked for was temperature, not time.

Eg. I am afraid I could forget my baby in the car. I'd be relieved to find, hypothetically, that it would be okay for 20 minutes or something (not saying it would be, of course.) I don't see how my worry could be "In what temp can I forget my child safely" -- you know?

Obviously temp and time covary, which is why its telling that temp was the only factor he was "worried about" (there was no spontaneous confession that he searched for "how long"). With the evidence you guys just produced of June 18 being the hottest day so far this summer, it seems he was just waiting for the perfect conditions. I wish to be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

I agree. His search of temp, not time is very telling. Like it was a matter of "when" it would be hot enough, and the length of time was irrelevant. A parent worried about it would be checking time. Not that any length of time is acceptable at all, but if someone was worried about popping in to a store for 5 minutes, they may be able to try and explain their search in that way.

"The Cobb County medical examiner's office found the child's cause of death "consistent with hyperthermia and the investigative information suggests the manner of death is homicide," according to a Cobb County Department of Public Safety statement issued Wednesday. Temperatures hit 92 degrees Fahrenheit on the day of his death."
From:http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I wonder if they will be upgrading the charges to first degree in light of his statement about his internet search and the other evidence.

I have a weird feeling we may find out his son wasn't his son after all, and that CP maybe part of the findings. Maybe Cooper was starting to talk. :(

Maybe it's not a mistresses after all but other sickos?

good god...I've become so jaded and suspicious since I started posting on websleuths.

IKWYM... Side effect of Websleuths.

wait. what? is that like psychics who NEVER EVER win the lottery.

if he KNEW he had issues remember that his child may be in the car - then he should have sought professional help. im sorry, but that is just ridiculous. that would be no different than one who is narcoleptic and is aware of it, but still going out driving w/ the kid in the car KNOWING they are placing their child in danger. i understand wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt - but that is seriously stretching it in order to meet one's hope because facts are not going the way one wants.

Not to mention...offering up the information is not innocence. How many times have we seen the guilty part offer information and suspects, help in the search of the body, help find the body, be there to console the family, etc. Criminals do what they can to explain heir behavior in ways that don't seem criminal. THEY want the control over how LE finds the evidence. This guy, who is so distraught and hysterical over his son's death, who apparently can't make a clear phone call to his wife, offers up clearly understood information about searching for the exact thing that just happened. And that is innocent?

What people will allow themselves to believe amazes me.

I agree. His search of temp, not time is very telling. Like it was a matter of "when" it would be hot enough, and the length of time was irrelevant. A parent worried about it would be checking time. Not that any length of time is acceptable at all, but if someone was worried about popping in to a store for 5 minutes, they may be able to try and explain their search in that way.

From:http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I wonder if they will be upgrading the charges to first degree in light of his statement about his internet search and the other evidence.

BBM. YES! If he "thought it could happen" or was afraid, than it could happen anytime. The temperature would not matter, because he would have no idea of the temperature when it could happen.

Just a thought...

Is there a temperature gauge that can be seen from the driver's side of the car?

:waitasec:

My old SUV had one, and it was a 2003 model, so I'm pretty sure new car models would have this by default. You had to turn the key at least part way to see it though, as it was part of the dashboard. But yes, the driver's side would be the easiest place to see this temp measurement. And of course, there are probably aftermarket thermometers you could get for your car that would not require that the car be running or using its battery. Good thought!

I would say it constitutes premonition, not premeditation. The fact that he volunteered this information up, freely -

I'm amazed at how many people do seem to "sense" ahead of time a disaster. He knows his brain and he knows he's forgetful.

I think this is no more than an eery sense of foreboding. People sense danger. He knew he was able to forget like this.

That makes him even more negligent if he KNEW he was so forgetful. Why didn't he double check?

My old SUV had one, and it was a 2003 model, so I'm pretty sure new car models would have this by default. You had to turn the key at least part way to see it though, as it was part of the dashboard. But yes, the driver's side would be the easiest place to see this temp measurement. And of course, there are probably aftermarket thermometers you could get for your car that would not require that the car be running or using its battery. Good thought!

I have the same vehicle, and yes you can see temps if the key is in.

I wonder if he quickly stuck the key in the ignition when he was at his car?

I read the obit again today after reading that the father was cropped out of the photo with little Cooper and his mom....and it was....I cannot remember if he was in the photo previously that was posted with the obit....if he was that will be telling as to why he was cropped out, IMO.

from what I can see, the photo with only Cooper and Mommy was posted by a stranger from Ohio. It appears as an entry in the guest book.

If this was not premeditated, what a coincidence that June 18 and 19 were the hottest two days in a pretty long spell of weather in Alta, GA per http://weather-history.findthebest.com/d/a/Atlanta,-GA

In conjunction with the internet search, this was either planned or Harris has the worst luck in the world. I would be interested in how closely his history showed him following the weather forecast.

Temperatures in Atlanta, GA from above weather archives, 2014:

June 10 - 89.1
June 11 - 81
June 12 - 82
June 13 - 82
June 14 - 86
June 15 - 89.1
June 16 - 90
June 17 - 91
June 18 - 93
June 19 - 93
June 20 - 91.9
June 21 - 89.1
June 22 - 90
June 23 - 87.1
June 24 - 84.9
June 25 - 86

Sorry Gngr! This took me a while on my cell and found you'd already posted it by the time I was done!

I would think any of those temps would cause a death of child or animal after a length of time, especially if he was going to work for the day. It doesn't take long for the inside of a vehicle to heat up to temps well over 100. Even on cooler days than the ones posted, my own van gets stifling hot after just a few minutes.

Maybe he just wanted to make absolutely sure it would happen. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member