GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just go ahead and admit that I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't want to allow myself to believe that it could be a possibility?

I understand what you are saying, I just can't...
We are on the same side. I don't believe it, but it did cross my mind.

I believe he is spoiled and likes hanging out with guys that like sports. Stuck mentally in high school maybe.
moo

Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

Please read the following:

"POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

"GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

Salem

I haven't read the obit.
I never do.
???
I guess I'm weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their names are separated in the obit. Maybe she has his #?

But then there is this........"protected by both parents".

We talked a lot about the obit last night - assuming the mom wrote it or at least approved it. Many strange things in there considering the circumstances imho.

This was just discussed by you all, and now that I'm catching up I am stuck by a certain nuance in the evidence. It says JH admitted recently searching for

what temperature it needs to be for a child to die in a hot car because he was worried it could happen.

Many of your said if he was worried, he'd look at ways to prevent it instead, and I agree. But I am struck that what he looked for was temperature, not time.

Eg. I am afraid I could forget my baby in the car. I'd be relieved to find, hypothetically, that it would be okay for 20 minutes or something (not saying it would be, of course.) I don't see how my worry could be "In what temp can I forget my child safely" -- you know?

Obviously temp and time covary, which is why its telling that temp was the only factor he was "worried about" (there was no spontaneous confession that he searched for "how long"). With the evidence you guys just produced of June 18 being the hottest day so far this summer, it seems he was just waiting for the perfect conditions. I wish to be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

I haven't read the obit.
I never do.
???
I guess I'm weird.

Don't! It will make you mad.
The one I read did. There may be another that reads diferently.

But then there is this........"protected by both parents".

We talked a lot about the obit last night - assuming the mom wrote it or at least approved it. Many strange things in there considering the circumstances imho.

I don't think it would say that, if written today. I don't think they would defend him in an obituary now.

I don't blame a family for believing someone they think the know, but I do think there picture is probably different today.

Lord...it's a work day for me and I'm just now seeing all of this. It still doesn't add up. Something doesn't make sense. Is this some sort of paternal Munchausen syndrome by proxy? All the facts seem fishy... It doesn't fit... And if it doesn't fit... :). I'm not making light of this tragedy... This is God awful... I can't help but think there is some sort of psychotic episode involved... Whether that episode was before or after the death remains to be seen. This is tragic.

Lord...it's a work day for me and I'm just now seeing all of this. It still doesn't add up. Something doesn't make sense. Is this some sort of paternal Munchausen syndrome by proxy? All the facts seem fishy... It doesn't fit... And if it doesn't fit... :). I'm not making light of this tragedy... This is God awful... I can't help but think there is some sort of psychotic episode involved... Whether that episode was before or after the death remains to be seen. This is tragic.

Munchhausen is when the child is alive and you make them ill for attention and sympathy.

JMO, but a psychotic episode can't really explain the breakfast, the being able to work, the going to meet friends, and the high functioning aspects of his life.

I don't think it would say that, if written today. I don't think they would defend him in an obituary now.

I don't blame a family for believing someone they think the know, but I do think there picture is probably different today.

When a SW is served they receive a copy of it and it has all the same info that we saw. jmo

Based on the search warrant being that he searched about kids, not animals, I wonder if that was the rumor the policeman was referring to in the People article? Not that he hadn't searched, which we now see verified in the warrant, but that it wasn't for "animals"? Just a nuance.

You may be correct - there is a photo posted with the Obit - I saw it somewhere else and it was of all 3 of them - in the Obit it has him cropped out - just the mom and Cooper....

But - I have NO idea who did that - if it was the mom, another family member or friend. Just found it interesting.....

Munchhausen is when the child is alive and you make them ill for attention and sympathy.

JMO, but a psychotic episode can't really explain the breakfast, the being able to work, the going to meet friends, and the high functioning aspects of his life.

A psychotic episode afterwards is certainly possible -- depending on whether he actually did search.

the web searches ( research) were...
Conducted recently...
Not a psychotic episode.
IMO

When a SW is served they receive a copy of it and it has all the same info that we saw. jmo

Sorry, I meant with the time that has passed. I think the more time, the more proof overpowers denial and the reality you thought you knew. I could be totally wrong, but I think seeing a little coffin with your boy would hit you like a ton of bricks. The grief turns to anger, at some point.

the web searches ( research) were...
Conducted recently...
Not a psychotic episode.
IMO

Also not a "Click"......

I don't think Munchausen syndrome, or Munchausen by proxy, are solely "maternal" syndromes to begin with. No reason fathers couldn't have these same disorders. Though it seems like all the cases I have read have involved women to this point, but I obviously haven't read every case. Usually with Munchausen by proxy, the parent seeks out medical attention for their child before the child dies though, because they want the attention of people fawning over their child and feeling sorry for the parent.

I haven't read the obit.
I never do.
???
I guess I'm weird.

It was worded like this.. parents John Smith and Jane Smith, paternal grandparents John and Jane Smith, maternal grandparents John and Jane Smith, Jim and Sara James, Alex and Mary Travis etc etc

The parents names were separate and everyone else was listed as a couple. jmo

A psychotic episode afterwards is certainly possible -- depending on whether he actually did search.

I don't feel there is room for denial over the search, so I will move on from that.

Do you mean after the boy was found dead? (Sorry, I'm not clear on that.) If he had a break after he was found dead, that does not explain nor absolve his actions before. IMO, it has no bearing on his actions before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans