GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11Alive News ‏@11AliveNews
RT @jleslie11alive Cobb Police asked for more than usual 10 days to file what they found w/ search warrants in Ross Harris case #11Alive

https://twitter.com/jleslie11alive

not surprised. Given they are dealing with an IT educated web designer I would think a fine tooth comb will be needed for the computer forensics. And 10 days is not much time to follow all the online footprints of such an individual.

They are Christians.
"Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the present age of human existence is about to be terminated with the direct intervention of God, who will use Jesus Christ to fully establish his heavenly government over earth, destroying existing human governments and non-Witnesses,[6][7][8] and creating a cleansed society of true worshippers."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_beliefs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ex-husband was a JW for many years before I met him. As I understand it, JW's do not recognize Jesus as the son of God. A Christian is one who is a follower of Christ. Some people, I think, use the term "Christian" to mean...God-fearing, not necessarily as being a follower of Christ...so in that sense, I too, have always believed that JW's were not Christians (as in, not being a follower of Christ) -- while they recognize Jesus as a nice, all around guy, they do not recognize him as the son of God, yet they fully recognize God as God.

(ETA: Sorry...just saw the post on pg. 6 asking us not to discuss religion...so if need be, please delete this post).

My oldest son died very young (nothing criminal). My father wrote a eulogy for him and one of the final comments he wrote was how he (his only grandchild at the time) would not have to suffer in this world (he was healthy and had never suffered in his young life) and wouldn't endure heartbreak, sadness, etc like the rest of us. I didn't think anything of it - it was just an expression of pure grief and trying to find SOMETHING out of such a horrible tragic event. Of course my dad would have preferred my son lived and went on to have a normal life - with the unavoidable heartbreak, sadness, grief we all suffer.

So, I won't judge Coop's mom (I have a Cooper and assume Coop is this little guy's nickname as well). Unless you have suffered the loss of a child, you just can't fathom the things a person will say or think. Right now maybe she is thinking about the sweet glorious life of her angel in heave resting in Jesus' arms. Trust me, in a week, she will experience the physical pain of her arms not cuddling this child and mental anguish you can't imagine. In my experience, the flowery religious stuff only goes so far.

BBM. I've sat on my hands with every successive 'mom wars' post in these threads, I believe the entire topic belongs somewhere else and I hope all of it including this post gets deleted but I'm done sitting back quietly. Yes, everyone's entitled to an opinion but frankly, as a second-generation mother who CHOSE to work, the kind of direct and indirect snarking I've read here is pretty damned offensive. I didn't have any confusion about my wants and needs, thank you very much. I wanted to work and I did work and I also very much wanted and loved my children. Somehow while working I managed to bring up two bright, happy, well-adjusted sons to adulthood where they are now successful contributing 3rd generation working parents themselves with bright happy, well-adjusted children of their own. You choose to stay at home - stay at home. Great for you. You choose to work and can make it work - then work. Just as great. Nothing wrong with either choice.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to point out too. No one is a bad mom for wanting to work! How many men get implied to be bad dads because they want to work? :furious:

Wow.

Is this because they found so much they need more time or is it because of the 4th of July holiday?

BBM

Jennifer Leslie ‏@jleslie11alive
.@PhilHollowayEsq Police also knew it would take time to go through computers, phone, etc.

I'm almost scared to see what new info will be released next.

ETA: Have there been any more tweets from Randy Travis? Every thing he tweeted in the beginning from his unnamed LE sources has been proven true.

My oldest son died very young (nothing criminal). My father wrote a eulogy for him and one of the final comments he wrote was how he (his only grandchild at the time) would not have to suffer in this world (he was healthy and had never suffered in his young life) and wouldn't endure heartbreak, sadness, etc like the rest of us. I didn't think anything of it - it was just an expression of pure grief and trying to find SOMETHING out of such a horrible tragic event. Of course my dad would have preferred my son lived and went on to have a normal life - with the unavoidable heartbreak, sadness, grief we all suffer.

So, I won't judge Coop's mom (I have a Cooper and assume Coop is this little guy's nickname as well). Unless you have suffered the loss of a child, you just can't fathom the things a person will say or think. Right now maybe she is thinking about the sweet glorious life of her angel in heave resting in Jesus' arms. Trust me, in a week, she will experience the physical pain of her arms not cuddling this child and mental anguish you can't imagine. In my experience, the flowery religious stuff only goes so far.

Great post. I'm holding back on judging the mom for the same reasons - not that I have ever lost a child but for those like you who have I offer my deepest sympathies

folks: this is not a thread to debate your thoughts on daycare. stick to the case please and thank you.:seeya:

((((((Hugs)))))))

Thank you for sharing.

I'm
So sorry.

Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry :grouphug:

I am gobsmack right now.

Trying to wrap my head about this latest revelation. I guess now I have a better understand about the united front being presented by the entire family.

I have to question whether she did her own research on hyperthermia or if she is simply saying she did some of the searches found on homes devices to cover for him.

Sitting here just shaking my head in confusion.

So we have a man who researches child death due to heat in vehicles and claims it was because he "fears something like this" and now allegedly his wife has done so also (reason unstated at this time) and yet this horrible event STILL happened?

Wow, these folks must be the most unlucky in the world or a lot of planning went into this tragic "accident"

ETA a big fat :cow:

I agree, why Google this subject at all.. where is common sense? You don't leave a baby in a car. Imo it would be like googling temperature of flame on stove, how hot before your hand burns. You know it will burn so you don't do it.

Is Google replacing common sense. Jmo

ciao

I'm almost scared to see what new info will be released next.

ETA: Have there been any more tweets from Randy Travis? Every thing he tweeted in the beginning from his unnamed LE sources has been proven true.

His last tweet 2 hours ago....

Randy Travis @RandyTravisFox5 · 2h
#Cobb police seized iPad, iPhone, 2 Macbooks and Think Pad from Ross Harris. Despite wife's comments, nothing personal taken from her.

I agree, why Google this subject at all.. where is common sense? You don't leave a baby in a car. Imo it would be like googling temperature of flame on stove, how hot before your hand burns. You know it will burn so you don't do it.

Is Google replacing common sense. Jmo

ciao

Agreed.

No innocent explanation.

Unless his wife ties his shoes for him everyday

I agree. I feel the breakfast at CFA was to possibly give Cooper something to make him fall asleep. My opinion.

I hope CFL has good quality, in-store video. Perhaps evidence of this could be proven.

IMO, drugging him makes it a little more humane. But then I keep thinking, if Cooper wasn't dead during the lunch time check, then he had suffered horribly for hours.

JMO So much for the internet search Mr. daddy did. Didn't do any good... Cooper
is dead!!!

Oh wait! maybe it did go according to dads plan.....

[snipped]

Thanks for sharing your perspective and I'm sorry for your loss.
As they say, everyone grieves differently. I'm not judging her so much as wondering what she meant by her comments and if it hinted at her being relieved by his death or not. I suppose, like you mentioned it could be trying to find a sort of silver lining to something so horrible. I never personally processed deaths and grief that way, so from my stand point it was weird, but obviously, by looking at your account, not so out there that it's unheard of.

Why would anyone research leaving babies in hot cars?
No one, supposedly, plans to do this and if they do, they are breaking laws already. Who even thinks about leaving babies inside vehicles long enough to go google it? What difference does it make if it is 70 degrees or 90 degrees! You just don't do it. I know I have googled some weird stuff thanks to WS, but this is too much for me, unless one of them has a manuscript in the works about a baby dying this way. Jmo

His last tweet 2 hours ago....

Randy Travis @RandyTravisFox5 · 2h
#Cobb police seized iPad, iPhone, 2 Macbooks and Think Pad from Ross Harris. Despite wife's comments, nothing personal taken from her.

Thank you!

I wonder if one of the macbooks is "hers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads