GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awkward stages?!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cobb-county-father-makes-jailhouse-call-sons-funer/ngT8H/

Patsy Ramsey said similar things like how JonBenet never had to deal with cancer or the loss of a child. Most parents, however, talk about what their child will miss out on; getting married, kids, going to college, prom, etc.

Lucky Cooper. He is saved from a selfish world.

Reminds me of some of those cults who die drinking the Kool Aid or whatever

I had a similar thought, if the child was sick for instance, daycares are unwilling to take sick kids (for obvious reasons) and it might have been their way out of a difficult work situation. That really doesn't make this any better to me, I don't care if you'll get fired if you don't turn in to work, you can find another job but you don't endanger your children in such a horrendously reckless and irresponsible manner. You just don't.

Great point about daycare not allowing sick kids! So much I would love to know about where he usually parked, if he always went to his car at lunch and of course the childcare records!

There is a reason she hasn't been picked up to this point, so either LE is holding back or they didn't hinge charging him simply on the computer search he confessed to.

I hate this case. Which is why I wont use the suspects name. Small of me, I know.

I'm the same way...I won't use his name either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe her statement at the funeral was that she was giving up Cooper for biodad. Perhaps Cooper had to die on biodad's say so. To keep him pure, to punish her, whatever...

I have this wild insane hope that the tox will show little man was drugged with something so he didn't suffer as much.

Was he in the car the whole time? LE seemed to allude to him not being in the car the entire time, at least in the early media.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/27/boy-dies-hot-car-father-charged/11472849/
snipped

Harris should have turned at the intersection of Paces Ferry Rd and Cumberland Parkway to head to Cooper's daycare. Instead, he went straight through the intersection and proceeded to work.

snipped

Cooper Harris's daycare is located at the Home Depot Corporate Headquarters off Paces Ferry Road. His father works at the Home Depot "Treehouse Office" located about a mile away on Cumberland Parkway.

At 4:16 that afternoon Harris left work for the day and traveled north on Cumberland Pkwy toward the Akers Mill shopping center, instead of south toward his son's daycare. Police say he pulled over into the shopping center when he realized his son was incapacitated.

Maybe her statement at the funeral was that she was giving up Cooper for biodad. Perhaps Cooper had to die on biodad's say so. To keep him pure, to punish her, whatever...

If they went to Church of Christ, they did NOT learn this there. This church cherishes children and families. It's not a cult, at all. It's just a church of christians, no different then Baptist, Methodist, etc. That stuff is super cultish. If it were like that in their relationship, I think it's something that manifested in his mind and then between them.

I'm not suggesting you were calling their church a cult, I just wanted to mention this and your post got me thinking.

In the beginning of the case, I thought the family had a PR firm. No way do I think that anymore. I think the wife's statements were for the media (and thus, the public) and were attempts to fix his reputation, even if it made the entire country turn against her.

And for the world about herself.

Having to admit that you married a monster and did not see it.

Whoa!!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cobb-county-father-makes-jailhouse-call-sons-funer/ngT8H/

From the article linked earlier, something else jumped out to me. Ross had a dream about Cooper being in heaven, before he died?

"Ross Harris' father also spoke to the crowd sharing a story about how his son Ross had a dream Cooper was sitting on Jesus’ lap looking down at them, before the boy's death.

He said he was playing a guitar in the dream and Leanna was working in a nursery with other children."

Could that be another indication of premeditation?

Yes!

Talk About foreshadowing ....thud!

Can you please add this to the media thread!

Awkward stages?!

Patsy Ramsey said similar things like how JonBenet never had to deal with cancer or the loss of a child. Most parents, however, talk about what their child will miss out on; getting married, kids, going to college, prom, etc.

I said it before and I'll say it again....I can't help but wonder if Cooper had some sort of genetic syndrome or developmental disability that was going to make his life "so difficult" from his parents point of view, and they were convinced they were doing him a "favor." ((shudder))

Yikes well this will be easy enough for them to verify if true . I didn't see the story on the news in May when a child died as a result of being left in the car in GA bit if they did and both looked it up and those searches coincide with the date it might be enough to convince at least one juror. What a mess...

which may be why LE opted to charge the way they have. No malice or premeditation needed but hefty penalties nonetheless.

I suspect that the state firmly believes this I feared it so I searched it baloney is just that but worry that they would need much more that they do not currently have in order to prove premeditation. Therefore they charged as they did because they won't have to prove either malice or aforethought.

Speculation only. Much has been made of the charges the state has opted to go with and how it does not seem to align with their apparent view that this may have been planned.

Plus these were two college educated individuals that grew up in AL and GA, where extreme hot weather and the risks posed to children and pets are VERY well known! Every summer the news has warnings, and there are occasional stories about someone being arrested for leaving a dog or kid in the car. They have lived here all their lives so they wouldn't need to "research" the topic.

A "concerned mother" would have a zero tolerance policy on something like that and wouldn't be looking up if it takes 45 minutes or 4 hours to cause death, plus in the case of kids you also run the risk of kidnappings, car jackings, etc...

Thank you! This simple point is very powerful and not something I had put into words but you did it beautifully. What is there to "research"? It is a FACT that children and pets die in hot cars. It is a very strange thing to research but then to have a child die in that SAME MANNER is just too much of a coincidence imho.

I am very curious as to the words he (and now maybe she) researched as well. I've read "children dying in hot cars" and I've also read - (iirc from the warrants) "at what temperature do deaths occur?"

Here is the media quote and link: , Harris stated he had recently done online research into child deaths inside hot vehicles, including looking up what temperature it needs to be for that to occur, according to the official warrants. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/28/hot-car-death-boy-funeral/11609771/

If you lived in Siberia and never had this happen *every single summer* in your state - maybe you hear about it and think it is a strange phenomenon and would google it....but if you live in the south then you hear all you need to know - the news and your common sense tells you all you need to know - children die in hot cars - as to at what temperature - *What difference does it make?* - Just don't do it!

I had a similar thought, if the child was sick for instance, daycares are unwilling to take sick kids (for obvious reasons) and it might have been their way out of a difficult work situation. That really doesn't make this any better to me, I don't care if you'll get fired if you don't turn in to work, you can find another job but you don't endanger your children in such a horrendously reckless and irresponsible manner. You just don't.

The daycare at Home Depot Corporate appears to be VERY extensive, including provisions for sick kids:

Bright Horizons back-up child care serves children from infants to age 13, avoiding child care breakdowns that cause employee absenteeism -- an average of 12 lost days annually per employee.

"There’s always an unforeseen circumstance. This is your back-up plan. My daughter will get sick again. And I will use the program again." - Home Depot Employee

- See more at: http://solutionsatwork.brighthorizons.com/back-up-care/back-up-child-care#sthash.YAuKQDnZ.dpuf

I said it before and I'll say it again....I can't help but wonder if Cooper had some sort of genetic syndrome or developmental disability that was going to make his life "so difficult" from his parents point of view, and they were convinced they were doing him a "favor." ((shudder))

Oddly enough, that is why Lindbergh popped into my mind when looking at dad in the early days. Kind of a eugenics thing.

Who else lives in the south, in a hot area. How often can you watch the local news or look at the internet news and NOT see hot car warnings in the summer? It's all over the news here.

And if I recall, she picked up around 2? Though if she worked regular hours that would be very early. If that was the routine then one would think she would have called, then DRIVEN the half mile to his office if the child was missing while calling again and again.

If 2 really was the "normal time" then having the child discovered after 4 is very odd indeed.

The 2pm time has never been confirmed. We don't know the time Cooper was normally picked up

If they went to Church of Christ, they did NOT learn this there. This church cherishes children and families. It's not a cult, at all. It's just a church of christians, no different then Baptist, Methodist, etc. That stuff is super cultish. If it were like that in their relationship, I think it's something that manifested in his mind and then between them.

I'm not suggesting you were calling their church a cult, I just wanted to mention this and your post got me thinking.

I appreciate you pointing this out clearly. You are right-I wasn't pointing to the Church of Christ. I am trying to wrap my brain around her statement, because I am not wholly convinced that she had a role here but I am often wrong. Her statement *seems* remarkably submissive (not in a bdsm sense) and I am working from that angle in my mind.

What I hope is that she is participating in an epic trap with LE.

I have this wild insane hope that the tox will show little man was drugged with something so he didn't suffer as much.

Was he in the car the whole time? LE seemed to allude to him not being in the car the entire time, at least in the early media.

I agree. I feel the breakfast at CFA was to possibly give Cooper something to make him fall asleep. My opinion.

I think it's just something intensely grieving people tell themselves to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member