GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add this to the growing list of weird and inappropriate things surrounding this funeral. Who thinks of such a thing?

"Oh gee - my baby died a horrible, sweaty, painful death a few days ago strapped into a 100+ degree car BUT AT LEAST he won't have to endure those awkward stages."

Just very, very weird imo.

Yes it is VERY weird and in my mind it has NOTHING to do with "supporting" the husband.

I don't believe for one moment that she was an abused or brainwashed wife that is blindly supporting him.

The implication is that the death of this perfectly healthy, happy baby was basically "a blessing in some ways".

Yesterday I ran errands in Jax Florida with my 3 year old granddaughter ....it was soooo hot. Everytime we got back to the car, I started it , rolled down the windows and waited a few minutes before we got back inside. It was so hot. At one point, as I was putting her in her car seat I could not get Cooper out of my mind and busted out in tears. That poor baby boy. Until, proven otherwise, I believe his mother is also a victim. I do not believe she can be judged at all for what she may or may not have said at the funeral and how she may or may not have said it. I would be a mumbling idiot. Also, we are also hearing these statements by a member of the media who, at best, make their living from sensationalizing (sp?) most stories especially one as horrible as this.

However, I stated on the first thread and stand by it.....i do not believe Cooper made no noise from Chik Fila to work. My other observation from my granddaughter yesterday........she talked, sang, or asked questions ALL day minus a quick cat nap about 3 pm. For whatever reason intentionally or non intentionally he DID leave him in the car. No excuse...none! Not that the death is any better or less horrible, but I a hoping ( I think) that they find some type of drug in his system that could have caused him to be a little "out of his mind". Not sure why with all the horrible things I know parents have been known to do to their children, I have yet been able to wrap my brain around this one.

As alway, jmho!

Oh yea.....as a crazy, Gator fan, had I been a groom with a grooms cake....Never would it have been a Bulldog! All in fun, just crazy SEC football. IMO, nothing about the Auburn grooms cake is out of line!

You have to love a suspect who wont stay off the internet.

If I am ever accused of murder...I'm done for. So are many of you! Chloroform, arsenic, strangulation, murder made to look like suicide, hanging, stabbings, blood spatter, the list goes on and on...

I can hear Nancy Grace now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to add - to a narcissist or sociopath, laws are made for other people, not them. They are above laws. They do not understand consequences for in their minds they do nothing wrong!

Gee, narcissist and/or a sociopath hits it right on the head! They have to be the center of attention and can fool the majority of people! If Ross is indeed one, then that answers the question of "why" he murdered his son. Cooper was the center of everyone's attention and Ross could not take it any longer!

Tempers? Wow, do they have one! They are like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde behind closed doors. One has to have lived with one to know what I am speaking of. With the different comments that have been made about Ross' personality, it all fits, unfortunately. Notorious liar is also common.

Another sad factor is they must be the leader, the best, very competive, and to their wife they are very verbal abusive to the point of taking away her ego and self esteem! Many are physically abusive too.

With this being said, who knows what more we may find that went on in that house! He may have her so brainwashed, we will be outraged. :banghead:

I agree that they are good at fooling people, but biodad didn't fool any of the witnesses who were interviewed in the media that I could see and certainly didn't fool LE. This falls in line, imo, with someone who is kind of a blowhard/braggart but has nothing to back it up. Maybe he was just passed over for promotion, maybe he was about to be downsized, maybe he had just had a terrible performance review, maybe he was the reason they had difficulty getting pregnant. His son was beautiful and seems to have been bright. Most kids that age are willful. If you are a blowhard/braggart who is kind of a failure inside, pressure situations are not your friend.

All of this is pure speculation.

still avoiding commenting on mom's comments at funeral.

Even in light of this new information, I can't bring myself to go there as yet.

I tend to suspect mom may be covering for dad in order to make his searches seem more normal and less suspicious by claiming she has done them too.

See officers? Lots of first time parents google how hot does it have to be for your baby to die left in a car! Now let my husband come home and comfort me.

Only most first time parents don't look for how long it takes for their child to die in that circumstance. They look for a means to prevent that or products which could prevent that or tips and tricks (such as the briefcase purse or shoe in the back seat)

:facepalm:

If I am ever accused of murder...I'm done for. So are many of you! Chloroform, arsenic, strangulation, murder made to look like suicide, strangulation, stabbings, blood spatter, the list goes on and on...

:floorlaugh:

If I am ever accused of murder...I'm done for. So are many of you! Chloroform, arsenic, strangulation, murder made to look like suicide, strangulation, stabbings, blood spatter, the list goes on and on...

YEP! We are all in a world of hurt. Our defense attorneys will have their work cut out for them pulling our histories HERE and matching up our odd research to the cases we follow and the links we are providing in them.

Just wanted to add - to a narcissist or sociopath, laws are made for other people, not them. They are above laws. They do not understand consequences for in their minds they do nothing wrong!

Exactly

They never seriously consider they will get caught! They tend to believe they're smarter than everyone else.

Thank goodness they are very often wrong!
IMO

In the beginning of the case, I thought the family had a PR firm. No way do I think that anymore. I think the wife's statements were for the media (and thus, the public) and were attempts to fix his reputation, even if it made the entire country turn against her.

I can imagine the mother doing whatever she can to help her husband. If she thinks he's innocent and he just forgot like everyone else, she may be thinking "Why is everyone picking on him? Parents do this all the time and they are not charged. Why is he suddenly worse than everyone else."

And frankly they can't prove he did the search. And she has no real involvement or motive so she's going to create a reasonable doubt.

To be honest, if I was in the same situation I'd do the same damn thing, if I thought he was really innocent. I'd be angry. "You took my baby, isn't that enough, you AREN'T going to take my husband as well! NO WAY!"

I still have sympathy for her.

Yeah a lot of people value adult life over a child's, even to the point of siding with their child's killer & complaining that others who boil their children alive get away scot-free, why not my spouse.

Now there's you some narcissism.

I agree that they are good at fooling people, but biodad didn't fool any of the witnesses who were interviewed in the media that I could see and certainly didn't fool LE. This falls in line, imo, with someone who is kind of a blowhard/braggart but has nothing to back it up. Maybe he was just passed over for promotion, maybe he was about to be downsized, maybe he had just had a terrible performance review, maybe he was the reason they had difficulty getting pregnant. His son was beautiful and seems to have been bright. Most kids that age are willful. If you are a blowhard/braggart who is kind of a failure inside, pressure situations are not your friend.

All of this is pure speculation.

IMO it's because the witnesses could be unbiased. They weren't his friends or family. The people that he easily groomed by playing the nice guy role.

I can imagine the mother doing whatever she can to help her husband. If she thinks he's innocent and he just forgot like everyone else, she may be thinking "Why is everyone picking on him? Parents do this all the time and they are not charged. Why is he suddenly worse than everyone else."

And frankly they can't prove he did the search. And she has no real involvement or motive so she's going to create a reasonable doubt.

To be honest, if I was in the same situation I'd do the same damn thing, if I thought he was really innocent. I'd be angry. "You took my baby, isn't that enough, you AREN'T going to take my husband as well! NO WAY!"

But they can prove he did the search - he told them he did the search so I still don't see how she thought it would help him to say she searched too. It just strengthens what I am sure is going to be the prosecution's argument that they knew what could happen yet did nothing to minimise the potential for harm to their child.

He admitted to it and it's on his computer. How much further do you have to go to prove?

Only most first time parents don't look for how long it takes for their child to die in that circumstance. They look for a means to prevent that or products which could prevent that or tips and tricks (such as the briefcase purse or shoe in the back seat)

Plus these were two college educated individuals that grew up in AL and GA, where extreme hot weather and the risks posed to children and pets are VERY well known! Every summer the news has warnings, and there are occasional stories about someone being arrested for leaving a dog or kid in the car. They have lived here all their lives so they wouldn't need to "research" the topic.

A "concerned mother" would have a zero tolerance policy on something like that and wouldn't be looking up if it takes 45 minutes or 4 hours to cause death, plus in the case of kids you also run the risk of kidnappings, car jackings, etc...

Hmm. Personally, I think pretty much everyone believes what they WANT to believe, including strangers who are assessing situations they aren't familiar with and have extremely limited information to make a decision.

Ah well, I'm out of here again for the day.

Carry on.

JeannaT, everything being discussed here, a combination of what the police regard as fact and what is regarded as speculation is allowed here and opinions, yours included, are just part of the discussion. Nothing more. Put things into perspective and consider all input regarding this case. As time goes on, more will become fact out of what is now speculation so let's keep an open mind until that happens please. The charges against this man did not materialize because it was what the police WANT to believe.

COBB COUNTY, Georgia - The mother of a Georgia toddler who died after the boy was left by his father in a sweltering SUV for seven hours also searched, on the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur.

"Leanna Harris, the child's mother, was also questioned regarding the incident and made similar statements regarding researching in car deaths and how it occurs,'' according to new search warrants made public Sunday. The warrants were released by Cobb County magistrate officials, and obtained by Fox 5 in Atlanta, and other media outlets.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/06/wife_of_justin_ross_harris_als.html

I was worried last night that she would try to claim the searches. Ugh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member