GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's going to be on that wicked wretched roller coaster of conflicted emotions for a while ...... my concern is that she's going to have a lot of messed up people close to her giving her messed up advice.

Hopefully she will seek therapy...

He was two.
He was a beautiful and amazing child I'm sure. He liked trucks and cars and was starting to make two word sentences. He was loved by many.

It's not like the poor child had a long life or a long list of accomplishments.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was a human being...

61,000 after taxes,
daycare was.about $10,000 a year, rent $1200-1500/mo 14,000-18,000 a year.
That's over half his take net pay right there.
add
Car payments, power, groceries, internet, tv, school loans...
Feels pretty tight to me, but mom worked part time so.
I dunno.
moo

"Earlier a family member had come on to the stage and asked the audience to join him in a round of applause for baby Cooper.
After the claps slowed, the man said: 'Hey Ross that sounded pretty good.'"

"To which Ross responded: 'Yes it did.'"
???????????????
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html

I am not understanding this behavior. Do I live under a rock?

What am I missing?

Me too, the fundamentalist Christian thing has fascinated me for a long time. Patriarchal & quiverfull.

Frightening stuff...

I wonder if they were Jehovah's witnesses? I saw that someone in their guest book online had mentioned "Jehovah." It just stood out to me, because most Christian faiths don't refer to God that way. It could just have been the guest's personal beliefs too, I guess...

This is what I gather from the account. Blazing insecurity and needs to be the "man." Needs to point out the he develops for a fortune 500 company, women are lesser than, needs to impress with vast sports knowledge, not too fond of police, answers as if he's authority and in the know, big ego.

Reminds me of A LOT of men who commit Crimes involving children or wives.

I did a search on reddit for Ross Harris and came up with a thread about the crime but I'm not seeing his posts. Any help would be appreciated. I'm on the full website.

61,000 after taxes,
add
I dunno.
moo

It would be a fortune to me. Rent is over half my income right now. But it's all relative, I guess. I have been much wealthier before, and expenses tend to expand as your income does!

doesn't say at what age?
No, sorry. Says it was a friend, he wouldn't sue, it caused some facial paralysis and vertigo, he had surgeries, and he doesn't notice the deafness as he guesses his left ear compensates.

Am guessing his defense will bring this up ... wait and see.

I think the speakers at the funeral used the presence of the media to take full advantage to promote their belief in the father's innocence. They could have kept the focus on the child if they had chosen to. Same thoughts regarding the wording of the obituary.

In the obit they spoke about that child and I fully believe they spoke of him and his life at the funeral but media is not focusing on it. If the family wanted to only go off the rails and defend the father they would have done so all last week. They had plenty of reporters willing to give them a platform. I do not doubt for a moment that the portion of the funeral that involved support for Ross was equally matched if not more in discussion about Cooper.400 people didn't cram into a church to pay their last respects to Ross, they came for him. A small fraction of that I'm sure were made up of reporters which tells me more focus must have been where it should have been so why not report about the funeral in its entirety. That's what true reporters used to do.. IMO

I did a search on reddit for Ross Harris and came up with a thread about the crime but I'm not seeing his posts. Any help would be appreciated. I'm on the full website.
Roscoeua brings up a lot of social media (thanks Matou!)

I did find and post some research done regarding how the ambient temperature in a closed vehicle can vary based on whether sunshades or tints were employed. Not sure how far back or if its even in teh old thread before this one.

The tint does affect the temperature. It would stand to reason that might affect TOD as we are guesstimating it.

yep==== thank you for the information (( I was just reading the info that Popsicle kindly bumped up -- your post))

makes that wee visit to the SUV at lunchtime pretty creepy to me

"Earlier a family member had come on to the stage and asked the audience to join him in a round of applause for baby Cooper.
After the claps slowed, the man said: 'Hey Ross that sounded pretty good.'"

"To which Ross responded: 'Yes it did.'"
???????????????
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html

I am not understanding this behavior. Do I live under a rock?

What am I missing?

Sounds to me like Ross needs alot of attention...imo

In the obit they spoke about that child and I fully believe they spoke of him and his life at the funeral but media is not focusing on it. If the family wanted to only go off the rails and defend the father they would have done so all last week. They had plenty of reporters willing to give them a platform. I do not doubt for a moment that the portion of the funeral that involved support for Ross was equally matched if not more in discussion about Cooper.400 people didn't cram into a church to pay their last respects to Ross, they came for him. A small fraction of that I'm sure were made up of reporters which tells me more focus must have been where it should have been so why not report about the funeral in its entirety. That's what true reporters used to do.. IMO

It is also a weekend.... skeletal staff reporters. Maybe come Monday we will get a fuller report.

No, sorry. Says it was a friend, he wouldn't sue, it caused some facial paralysis and vertigo, he had surgeries, and he doesn't notice the deafness as he guesses his left ear compensates.

Am guessing his defense will bring this up ... wait and see.

interesting given that he plays guitar too

Most readers are only interested in the salacious parts.
Sad but true.
That very old saying in journalism, "if it bleeds, it leads" .....still rings true today.

All IMO

61,000 after taxes,
add
I dunno.
moo

After taxes?

Usually when people talk about their salary, it's what they are expected to make without factoring in taxes. Anyway, I was just referring to his position not necessarily pay. He likes to throw his position around, like it's important. My husband's quote about the developers he has dealt with "pipsqueaks who like to impress me with their "vast knowledge." He said they are run of the mill IT guys, their title isn't very special. Almost everyone he's worked with (to be clear, there are A LOT of IT people with the same title in that company.) has been just out of college. I find it most interesting he likes to give exact title when he can.

criminal funerals mean criminals attend too - so there has always been '' outside source interest' at such funerals

poor CH's funeral has the interest of the public, right now.....

400 people didn't cram into a church to pay their last respects to Ross, they came for him. A small fraction of that I'm sure were made up of reporters which tells me more focus must have been where it should have been so why not report about the funeral in its entirety.

Where did you get the #400? Local tv reporter said the crowd was 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme