GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her only child is dead,
She's relying on her faith to get her through.
She probably has no idea what she's saying...it's pouring out of her & she's in some sort of denial. Which is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. She must be in total shock. It baffles me that anyone could expect her to be at all rational. It's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect that.

Based on all the new facts, I am 100% convinced to a man that this was an accident and not an intended murder. I'm checking out of this thread, but I've enjoyed you all!

Well, I haven't agreed with you much but you've always remained polite in your posts which can be hard to do!!

I was weirded out by the "selfish world", her calling him a "leader" (of what?! Who?!) and the "I'm doing this for you".

I'm curious now in what kind of church they go to, if it's one of the uber patriarchal types.

They can't adhere too firmly to the Christian patriarchy movement because she works and wasn't a stay at home mom.

I apologize if this has already been mentioned.....

Possibly, the "second breakfast" stop at Chic could have been to make him late for work. That way, there was less chance of someone hearing the baby as he got out of the car and went inside.

Dang good thought!

"Earlier a family member had come on to the stage and asked the audience to join him in a round of applause for baby Cooper.
After the claps slowed, the man said: 'Hey Ross that sounded pretty good.'"

"To which Ross responded: 'Yes it did.'"
???????????????
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html

I am not understanding this behavior. Do I live under a rock?

What am I missing?

Very, very odd.

They are Christians.
"Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the present age of human existence is about to be terminated with the direct intervention of God, who will use Jesus Christ to fully establish his heavenly government over earth, destroying existing human governments and non-Witnesses,[6][7][8] and creating a cleansed society of true worshippers."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_beliefs

Yup. They are 100% Christians. They are non-trinitarians like Mormons, Christian scientists and some Pentecostals. The belief by those of certain Christian denominations that they are not Christians is more of a colloquial belief rather than academic or a theologically sound one.

So somebody calls 911 and very quickly both LE and ambulance arrive. I don't think RH expected the LE. I think the plan was that ambulance would come, CPR would continue to no avail, and he'd go to ER as victim.
He'd get his wife all to himself again , get a bit of freedom, and everyone would perceive him as a victim of horrible circumstances.

Not sure why he led with the choking story, but apparently he quickly changed that to accidentally left in car. When LE began questioning him, I think he was surprised and angry. I think he saw their doubt and he threw out the story of internet search to try and gain sympathy. This backfired on him.

When he called his wife I don't think he expected LE to be hovering over him and I think he was ticked off by this. When told by LE to "watch your language" I
I believe he became irate. He realized he was not in control of the situation.
As much as I hate to say it I believe he decided Father's Day weekend that he didn't care much for being a father.

3 days later it's done.
The timing again sympathy play.
moo

There was a 2 year old who died in a car on May 14. About 30 minutes away from where they live. (Clarkston, GA.) Surely that was in the news. It was deemed accidental, no charges.

Different circumstances, but did it get the wheels turning, I wonder?

Bumping myself, because I didn't finish my thoughts. I don't know if I can actually link to information about this case. I really got me thinking. It's a month and a few days later. What if he saw this on the news and thought about it all month. What if a another tragedy, caused him to realize that he could create an accident? I am so emotionally charged in this case, I don't know if I'm being rational. Like I said, circumstances are different, but it's a month earlier and it would be on the local news. I can't shake that!

Along with the usual inconceivable thoughts of how,why etc. could ANY parent do such a thing. These are a couple of other issues that I cannot wrap my head around:

1.IF this was premeditated/intentional - why choose a method that would result in so much agony for the child and an obvious lengthy investigation of himself. There are unfortunately other options that would be quicker, less painful, and that he could perhaps have avoided all the spotlights.

2. It has been stated that the couple suffered though infertility - usually the child is cherished even *more* as the parent would realize they are special gifts and not to be taken for granted.

3. This is maybe way out there - but he was obviously a big sports fan - plus involved as referee for high school football. Most normal dads would be thrilled to have son - to go to games with - to teach about sports - to watch him play one day.

This is not adding anything really - just some things I've been thinking of today on the day of little Cooper's funeral.

Regarding numbers 2 and 3, I wonder if he had recently found out something was "wrong" with little Cooper physically, medically or developmentally such that he might not be able to participate in sports? Perhaps he viewed the child as defective and wanted a "do-over," and was able to convince himself that this would be "for the best." This would fit in with the mother's comments about wanting to have more kids and not wanting to bring Cooper back to this world. Just a thought....

Yes - we both know that Southern women used to be ( and some still are) all about what is proper and appropriate behavior in certain social situations. Funerals have a lot of tradition and protocol involved. I remember when people stopped wearing black or dark colors to funerals - scandalous! LOL! I guess I'm now a real dinosaur - still clinging to respectful funerals, casserole dishes, and thank you notes.

you are not the only one confused.....black was never worn by guests at a wedding....now it is 'fashionable'

clapping at a funeral....yikes I haven't seen that before....I hope I never do

I missed that re: what you said gitana.. Were there really two breakfast stops?

who is he talking to at this point?

His voice breaking he was heard saying over speak phone: 'I'm sorry... Thank you for everything you've done, I'm sorry, I love you, thank you.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ched-child-deaths-vehicles.html#ixzz35zSSHKUR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It sounds to me like he's thanking his supporters and telling them how much he loves them. I don't think he's speaking to Cooper at all. He managed to make this poor baby's funeral all about himself and his "wrongful imprisonment".

IMHO. This case is reminding me of Casey Anthony, with her entourage of cheerleaders, and I don't like it one little bit.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson who was described as the perfect husband by everybody (including his wife's family) when Laci first went missing.

I'm SICK of seeing images of Harris smiling with tot @ Braves game. How could a "dad" have breakfast w child at chick-fil-a knowing he plans to fry his son in a few minutes while he enjoyed the comforts of an air conditioned office. Please, State of Georgia don't let this monster ever father another child. Send him to an execution where he fries.

How can you raise a baby you fathered and even think about killing the child? Are you too dumb or lazy to look into adoption options? Or did you plan to profit from the tot's death?

You are not suggesting he should have adopted a child to kill, are you? :eek:

I'm afraid with the right jury, this guy could get off.

I remember hearing about a child that died in a car that made me feel sorry for the father. The man worked 2 full time jobs, his wife was recovering from a serious illness, and the father did not usually drop the child at daycare. So one morning he did take the child, put him in car in backseat--and forgot to drop him off.

He immediately called 911 and fell to the pavement upon finding the body. I felt nothing but compassion for him because he had valid reasons for not remembering. And he had driven on the freeway and the child was asleep.

Totally different from this case, imo.

Was this the older man who they has adopted a child from overseas?

I remember a story a lot like the one you related and it was devastating. I do believe that accidental forgettings happen, and I have a lot of compassion for the parents it happens to. I never like to see them charged. They will suffer in their own living hell as punishment far worse than any jail cell.

And when it does happen, they are devastated, genuinely. You can hear it in the 911 calls, in the descriptions the witnesses give of what happens at the scene, etc.

This though... Unbelievable. No one rational, normal would want to see or know of a living creature dying like this. It's monstrous. :furious:

Along with the usual inconceivable thoughts of how,why etc. could ANY parent do such a thing. These are a couple of other issues that I cannot wrap my head around:

1.IF this was premeditated/intentional

I can't wrap my head around any of those questions either. I wondered the same things all week long. It doesn't make sense. But I think the evidence supports intentional. Unfortunately.

Ah thank you. It sounds ás if he stopped twice and I did not recall that.

Bumping myself, because I didn't finish my thoughts. I don't know if I can actually link to information about this case. I really got me thinking. It's a month and a few days later. What if he saw this on the news and thought about it all month. What if a another tragedy, caused him to realize that he could create an accident? I am so emotionally charged in this case, I don't know if I'm being rational. Like I said, circumstances are different, but it's a month earlier and it would be on the local news. I can't shake that!
Monday. June 16th
Florida 9 mo old girl

"She's been in the car for hours, and I absolutely forgot about her," said Steven Lillie, the child's father. "She's not alive."
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...d-girl-found-dead-rockledge-vehicle/10653437/

It sounds to me like he's thanking his supporters and telling them how much he loves them. I don't think he's speaking to Cooper at all. He managed to make this poor baby's funeral all about himself and his "wrongful imprisonment".

I just wonder whose idea all of this was? Think about it - they had to make arrangements for the phone to be attached to some sort of microphone - arrange for him to be able to call from jail at just the right time, etc.,etc.

Anyone else suspect that his Defense attorney had a hand in getting this set-up?

I just wonder whose idea all of this was? Think about it - they had to make arrangements for the phone to be attached to some sort of microphone - arrange for him to be able to call from jail at just the right time, etc.,etc.

Anyone else suspect that his Defense attorney had a hand in getting this set-up?

Yep! Me, me, me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member