GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html

This gives more detail about the people that spoke.

I don't get the Mom.....

Leanna said she had felt compelled to speak in defense of her husband and remember Cooper.
She told him as he listened in: 'Ross I love you, I am doing this for you okay.
'I should be crumpled in a heap of snot and tears into the dirt, but The Lord is holding me up...he is holding Ross up.'

And this has what to do with Cooper?

Along with the usual inconceivable thoughts of how,why etc. could ANY parent do such a thing. These are a couple of other issues that I cannot wrap my head around:

1.IF this was premeditated/intentional - why choose a method that would result in so much agony for the child and an obvious lengthy investigation of himself. There are unfortunately other options that would be quicker, less painful, and that he could perhaps have avoided all the spotlights.

2. It has been stated that the couple suffered though infertility - usually the child is cherished even *more* as the parent would realize they are special gifts and not to be taken for granted.

3. This is maybe way out there - but he was obviously a big sports fan - plus involved as referee for high school football. Most normal dads would be thrilled to have son - to go to games with - to teach about sports - to watch him play one day.

This is not adding anything really - just some things I've been thinking of today on the day of little Cooper's funeral.

It's not about the agony, it's about a death that is deemed accidental in most cases, and does not reveal foul play in autopsy. I wonder if any other children have died in a car near their city recently nd the parents were looked at as victims in a tragic accident?

NO you do not! I live in Ga.. and went to school in Alabama (also lived there several years) - this is NOT normal and is frankly distasteful and .....well.....tacky! What was the applause supposed to be for? Applauding a 22 month old who never had a chance to live his life? Sounds like a de-facto way to get the audience to applaud in support of the dad imho. Especially given that comment, "Hey Ross, that sounded pretty good!"

I still have that visual stuck in my brain of the mom walking out behind the casket while talking to him on her cell phone....

I could say a LOT more but I'm biting my tongue and sitting on my hands:twocents:
I do too. Same area 46 years.
My huband grew up in a neighborhood off of Terrell Mill Road and then lived with friends in an apartment complex during college. On Terrell Mill Rd as well.
I was in 9th grade when the complex the Harris' live in was built.

People at Church around have changed.
Very strange behavior to applaud at a funeral.
For the deceased?
Clapping for him because he died?

I got freaked out when I first saw people raising their hands and crying and hollering at Church. Folks around here didn't used to do that.
It's a behavior that they adopted and I don't get it.

Call me confused.
I'm not calling religion into question here. I am questioning people's behaviour.
moo

He's just so annoying, seems so full of himself. "As an official", "as a former LEO" (paraphrasing that one - forget what he called himself but it wasn't "dispatcher"!), "I used to be in radio", "I used to do this", "I do web development for a fortune 50 comoany".. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM

Imo, people who are full of themselves can be dangerous to others who they think are "stealing their thunder" ; even a baby.
:twocents:

Along with the usual inconceivable thoughts of how,why etc. could ANY parent do such a thing. These are a couple of other issues that I cannot wrap my head around:

1.IF this was premeditated/intentional - why choose a method that would result in so much agony for the child and an obvious lengthy investigation of himself. There are unfortunately other options that would be quicker, less painful, and that he could perhaps have avoided all the spotlights.

2. It has been stated that the couple suffered though infertility - usually the child is cherished even *more* as the parent would realize they are special gifts and not to be taken for granted.

3. This is maybe way out there - but he was obviously a big sports fan - plus involved as referee for high school football. Most normal dads would be thrilled to have son - to go to games with - to teach about sports - to watch him play one day.

This is not adding anything really - just some things I've been thinking of today on the day of little Cooper's funeral.

Most people who leave child in the car end up not going to prison.
So seems like a perfect method if someone wanted to get rid of their child and not go to prison for it. Someone might not expect to be investigated because it is usually just assumed to be an accident.

There was a 2 year old who died in a car on May 14. About 30 minutes away from where they live. (Clarkston, GA.) Surely that was in the news. It was deemed accidental, no charges.

Different circumstances, but did it get the wheels turning, I wonder?

So somebody calls 911 and very quickly both LE and ambulance arrive. I don't think RH expected the LE. I think the plan was that ambulance would come, CPR would continue to no avail, and he'd go to ER as victim.
He'd get his wife all to himself again , get a bit of freedom, and everyone would perceive him as a victim of horrible circumstances.

Not sure why he led with the choking story, but apparently he quickly changed that to accidentally left in car. When LE began questioning him, I think he was surprised and angry. I think he saw their doubt and he threw out the story of internet search to try and gain sympathy. This backfired on him.

When he called his wife I don't think he expected LE to be hovering over him and I think he was ticked off by this. When told by LE to "watch your language" I
I believe he became irate. He realized he was not in control of the situation.

The Mother's conduct at the funeral only tells me one thing...this time last week, she thought she had a pretty good life. She thought she had a wonderful little family.

It's easy to forget how much she has had to process in such a short time. I think it might just be emotionally impossible for her to accept that her husband murdered a child she believed he adored...no matter what "facts" are shown to her right now.

She is also part of a larger family...his family. They are grieving the loss of their grandchild. They may be significant in the support system in her life. To believe in his guilt, may just mean to lose them too.

This time last week, she had an ordinary, satisfactory life. One afternoon, she loses her child and her husband is jailed. All this talk about having another child, may just be longing to have back what has disappeared .

Beyond that, I have always personally believed that funerals are the easy part of grieving...the ceremony, the rituals, with people reaching out to you, bringing food, trying to comfort. It's so busy, so exhausting, so full...you cannot feel the reality yet.

Then...one day, your new altered life must begin. It's so much emptier. The friends go on with their old routines. But your old routines have huge holes in them. The "newness" of your tragedy or sorrow fades for others...it's old news. But that's when the real grieving and processing begins for you. When it all quiets down.

She is whirling through these days right now, awful as they may be. When The Quiet comes, she may see this tragedy very differently.

So somebody calls 911 and very quickly both LE and ambulance arrive. I don't think RH expected the LE. I think the plan was that ambulance would come, CPR would continue to no avail, and he'd go to ER as victim.

He'd get his wife all to himself again , get a bit of freedom, and everyone would perceive him as a victim of horrible circumstances.

Not sure why he led with the choking story, but apparently he quickly changed that to accidentally left in car. When LE began questioning him, I think he was surprised and angry. I think he saw their doubt and he threw out the story of internet search to try and gain sympathy. This backfired on him.

When he called his wife I don't think he expected LE to be hovering over him and I think he was ticked off by this. When told by LE to "watch your language" I

I believe he became irate. He realized he was not in control of the situation.

Narcissists hate that...just saying...

Who, on earth searches days before his child's death by heat in a car, actually, innocently, has their child die by heat in a car?
I say "no one".
I can see Scott Peterson trying to do this, if he hadn't already murdered Laci and Conner first.
I think this is even worse.

Even after knowing his child, he still murdered him, so he could continue to live his fantasy life.

Of course, if you believe the DA's assertion.

But, I know this for sure. Nobody googles death in a hot car, leaves their toddler in a hot car, goes out to their hot car, hours later, does not think about their toddler left in the hot car, does not smell anything, and goes back to work without a care in the world until quitting time.

Nope.

Hopefully, at some point, friends and relatives will start remembering the clues, that could help to explain, the unexplainable. I'm pretty sure, they are in shock.
At least, Scott Peterson had not met, or interacted with his soon to be born son, Conner.
But Justin did.
I will never, ever understand.
Especially, the planning, of doing such a horrible, awful deed.
I think this case has " get back at wife" coupled with, after this, she's going to need me-written all over it.
Different from Scott Peterson, but not really.
The bottom line, is that Both men felt that they'd been unsurped by another in regards to their wives attention.

I wonder, if, Scott Peterson, had not killed Conner, before he was born. Could he have been capable of killing Conner as a toddler?
I would say yes.
Would Scott have gone through with that? We'll never know. Too late, he offed Conner shortly before birth.
If, the accusation's against Justin Ross Harris are proven true.
We've a lot to learn as a society.
Still.

IMHO. This case is reminding me of Casey Anthony, with her entourage of cheerleaders, and I don't like it one little bit.

It's not about the agony, it's about a death that is deemed accidental in most cases, and does not reveal foul play in autopsy. I wonder if any other children have died in a car near their city recently nd the parents were looked at as victims in a tragic accident?
Jmo
very few humans could place a child in a hot car and walk away.
They have no physical proof, circumstantial evidence yes.
Computer forensics.
I think he did plan it to look like an accident and knew many people would never believe a person capable of doing something so demented to a child.
I agree with Sgt Dana Pierce.
That is the sickest way to rid yourself of a responsibility.
Never mind the fact that the baby loved and trusted him.

Cobb County doesn't have conjugal visits, so I do not.see him ever being a daddy again.
moo

IMHO. This case is reminding me of Casey Anthony, with her entourage of cheerleaders, and I don't like it one little bit.

Oh there are always cheerleaders. Always.

I remember hearing about a child that died in a car that made me feel sorry for the father. The man worked 2 full time jobs, his wife was recovering from a serious illness, and the father did not usually drop the child at daycare. So one morning he did take the child, put him in car in backseat--and forgot to drop him off.

He immediately called 911 and fell to the pavement upon finding the body. I felt nothing but compassion for him because he had valid reasons for not remembering. And he had driven on the freeway and the child was asleep.

Totally different from this case, imo.

I'm SICK of seeing images of Harris smiling with tot @ Braves game. How could a "dad" have breakfast w child at chick-fil-a knowing he plans to fry his son in a few minutes while he enjoyed the comforts of an air conditioned office. Please, State of Georgia don't let this monster ever father another child. Send him to an execution where he fries.

How can you raise a baby you fathered and even think about killing the child? Are you too dumb or lazy to look into adoption options? Or did you plan to profit from the tot's death?

'The mystery deepened even further when the police later revealed that Harris had returned to his SUV at lunchtime and was seen placing an object in the car via the driver’s side door.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ched-child-deaths-vehicles.html#ixzz35zMNa7Gd

I don't think there's much of a mystery here at all, myself.

who is he talking to at this point?

His voice breaking he was heard saying over speak phone: 'I'm sorry... Thank you for everything you've done, I'm sorry, I love you, thank you.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ched-child-deaths-vehicles.html#ixzz35zSSHKUR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-toddle...hild-deaths/story?id=24348787&partner=skygrid

"On Thursday, the Cobb County Medical Examiner released initial results of the autopsy,
which found the cause of death was likely hyperthermia. The medical examiner also
Indicated that a homicide was likely."

This quote makes my blood run cold. The ME only gives info about the body. It's no surprise that the COD was hyperthermia. But it would take more than that (IMO) for the ME to indicate that homocide is likely. It seems like there must have been other evidence on the body that led him to believe this was more than a tragic accident.

JMHO

I do too. Same area 46 years.
My huband grew up in a neighborhood off of Terrell Mill Road and then lived with friends in an apartment complex during college.
I was in 9th grade when the complex the Harris' live in was built.

People at Church have changed.
Very strange behavior to applaud at a funeral.
For the deceased?
Clapping for him because he died?

I got freaked out.when I first saw people raising their hands and crying and hollering at Church. Folks around here didn't used to do that.
It's a behavior that they adopted and I don't get it.

Call me confused.
I'm not calling religion into question here. I am questioning people's behaviour.
moo

Yes - we both know that Southern women used to be ( and some still are) all about what is proper and appropriate behavior in certain social situations. Funerals have a lot of tradition and protocol involved. I remember when people stopped wearing black or dark colors to funerals - scandalous! LOL! I guess I'm now a real dinosaur - still clinging to respectful funerals, casserole dishes, and thank you notes.

BBM

Imo, people who are full of themselves can be dangerous to others who they think are "stealing their thunder" ; even a baby.

:twocents:

Exactly what I was thinking.

What a punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics