GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder whose idea all of this was? Think about it - they had to make arrangements for the phone to be attached to some sort of microphone - arrange for him to be able to call from jail at just the right time, etc.,etc.

Anyone else suspect that his Defense attorney had a hand in getting this set-up?
This is very out of character for Cobb County.
First I have heard of it.
I think the defense atty has a bag of tricks.
When the change org got taken down because of info "leaked" and the site for $ donations posted that people could get refunds, then mama couldn't get pics from the laptopand offering police a memory stick didn't fly, he probably was.able to get them to comply by threatening them with some type of lawsuit being.unfair towards him.
I don't know,moo

Great post!

I have wondered about what he said that caused the officer to tell him to "watch your mouth!" (according to witness) and then immediately cuff him. The witness made it sound that this was transpiring either while he was speaking with his wife or shortly after. If this is accurate then it may be telling about his temper and coping skills. I also wondered if his comment that the officer was warning about was directed at the wife on the phone or the officer himself.

Either way, it doesn't match with the picture of the conservative, highly religious person that his public life seems to depict him as...even taking into account the stress of finding his child deceased.

I have no idea what he said but in his online comments, he drops the f bomb a lot.

If there are 400 people loony enough to break into a round of applause at a toddler's funeral, I'm afraid you might be right!

Well I'm going to cut the attendees some slack on this one. The congregation was asked to clap for the child. No matter how strange that request seemed to me, if I were there...I would have clapped for that Baby too. When attending a funeral, particularly one as tragic as this...everyone wants to show support. If asked to jump up and down, I think most would try. The gesture was supposed to be about the child.

It was the Speaker who "turned" it toward the Father...and made it into something different.

I'm 38 and old school. Dark colors for funerals, never white to a wedding, and no white shoes before Easter. There are very few traditions still alive, and this Southern girl is doing her part keeping them alive.

I've attended funerals with clapping, but it's usually been in response to something said by a speaker in reference to the deceased, and the applause was agreement with the statement/sentiment.

I do know that applause is common in some cultures, at funerals. An Italian (from Italy, not just a descendant) friend of my mom's told me that as the casket is carried there is often applause at the funeral mass.

I don't see that bein the case in a Georgia Protestant funeral though. :waitasec:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two main differences so far

he rushed out right away and hollered for help

he wasn't googling how long does it take etc.

How do you effin' forget a baby after this story has been in the news all week. I think its another murdered baby handled with care because of emotional bias. It's going to be a bad summer for unwanted babies :banghead::banghead:

How do you effin' forget a baby after this story has been in the news all week. I think its another murdered baby handled with care because of emotional bias. It's going to be a bad summer for unwanted babies :banghead::banghead:

yep .....I don't like this trend ....it was raising red flags for me a lot right from the beginning I could not believe that there was such a huge jump in this sort of death of infants....years ago it was hot, years ago parents were stressed but kids did NOT die in cars from being left by parents....

those two comments I left were just the differences in the florida dad's reaction compared to you know who's....that's all I saw on the surface as the differences. the Dad (not cutting him slack just for the record) got a call and ran out to vehicle....

Edited because I screwed up the quoting thingy so bad, it was impossible to save...

I looked it up and I don't think it is what spurred his thoughts. Usually these reports are covered widely on news shows though and there were a couple already this year that better fit what he did.

Something interesting. The child in this case was deceased after an hour. It was a month earlier, so cooler temps. It does not take long, at all.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-toddle...hild-deaths/story?id=24348787&partner=skygrid

This quote makes my blood run cold. The ME only gives info about the body. It's no surprise that the COD was hyperthermia. But it would take more than that (IMO) for the ME to indicate that homocide is likely. It seems like there must have been other evidence on the body that led him to believe this was more than a tragic accident.

JMHO

The Cobb County Medical Examiner’s Office is waiting for toxicology test results before making an official ruling as to the cause and manner of death,” police said in a written statement. “However, the Cobb County Medical Examiner believes the cause of death is consistent with hyperthermia and the investigative information suggests the manner of death is homicide.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/autopsy-determines-toddlers-manner-of-death-was-ho/ngSXS/

I think it's more that people are reacting to what seems like a show put on to support RH than a funeral to mourn or celebrate the life of little cooper.

Cherished babies are not dumped in daycare. MOO Having such huge expectations can be harmful. Babies are hard work.

Plenty of "cherished babies" go to daycare, mine included. They are not "dumped" anywhere. They are placed in a daycare that is chosen after tons of research and work. The choice to use daycare has absolutely nothing to do with the devotion of parents; there are plenty of amazing parents who use daycare, and plenty of terrible parents who don't.

IMO, they didn't cuff him, because of whatever comment he made.

"Rodney says Harris was then handcuffed by police officers after he became irate during a heart-breaking phone call to his wife Leanna during which he told her ‘our baby is dead’.

Rodney said: ‘He was going crazy and the police cuffed him."

Footnote to the comments. Cobb police policy to handcuff anyone they arrest.

I wonder if they were Jehovah's witnesses? I saw that someone in their guest book online had mentioned "Jehovah." It just stood out to me, because most Christian faiths don't refer to God that way. It could just have been the guest's personal beliefs too, I guess...

IIRC the funeral services were held at Tuscaloosa Church of Christ according to the obit. I also think I heard or read (can't provide a link, so take it for what it's worth) this is the church where they were married in 2006, so I am assuming they were members of the Church of Christ. To my knowledge, this is not a cult.

I do know that applause is common in some cultures, at funerals. An Italian (from Italy, not just a descendant) friend of my mom's told me that as the casket is carried there is often applause at the funeral mass.

I don't see that bein the case in a Georgia Protestant funeral though. :waitasec:

I've been to only two Italian catholic funerals. At both mothers ( deceased were not minor children) were trying to jump in the grave and had to be held back. I'm told that's also common.

I've been to only two Italian catholic funerals. At both mothers ( deceased were not minor children) were trying to jump in the grave and had to be held back. I'm told that's also common.

Ah, to each their own.

I don't personally like the whole funeral thing.

This sounds like a Portuguese wake. And being Portuguese I've been to many lol. Yes, lots of folks, especially older women, will wail and spend lots of time touching and not wanting to leave the body.

What the Italian woman old me is that the mourners will stand and applause will happen at the mass when the casket is carried in at the beginning before mass or when carried out at the end, I forget which.

Edit - this would have been in Italy, not the US, so customs obviously vary

I've kept up with this case since the beginning and just wrote a really long scenario which I lost- probably cause it took me too long to write it! I will try to make it shorter.

At the outset I believed this Had to be an accident. Then started believing accidental, but he made up a story to save his own @$$. Now, the past few days I have to consider this was intentional. This is so heinous I find it almost impossible to imagine. Basically, I'm trying to get in RH's head to figure out his thought process. If this was Not an accident, how did he think he'd get away with this? Why would this be scenario be an option?

If RH had a plan, his initial actions would be carefully thought out. So, "the reveal" in the parking lot is important. He has an audience there, and makes a screeching entrance into the lot to ensure that all eyes would be on him. He jumps out of the car yelling and gets Cooper out of the back. He yells for someone to call 911 and begins CPR.

I think RH wanted a passive way to get rid of Cooper, where he became the victim and had his old life back. He chose an accident he'd heard of and didn't think he'd get his hands dirty. He had a solid alibi and could make excuses to forgetfulness.

I think the first surprise for RH was that Cooper was in full rigor, and the smell didn't help his plan either. Maybe that 's why he drove a ways- to try to air car out. It would be interesting to know if windows were down.

I'm gonna put next part in a separate post lest I lose this one too!

MOO (I hope I got the abbreviation correct! :blushing:)

I think there is some truth to this and to take it one step further. Much of today's new info has painted a picture of a very self centered, self absorbed man with possibly a little man complex. Based on that assumption, the other benefit to doing the reveal this way still makes it all about him- "Look at the grieving dad!, Let us help!" Someone else called 911, someone else stepped in and attempted CPR. I don't know if I am expressing it clearly but it almost has a hint of still being some sort of fulfillment to his need for attention.

When all of this started, I really wanted to believe that this was an accident. I still keep twisting the details of this around and around in my head, trying to find some plausible way it could still fit the accident scenario but I am unable to do that thus far. In fact, the pendulum has swung to the extreme opposite side for me. The facts released by the authorities has me really starting to think that there is a very dark and scary side to this person. My brain just can't find a middle ground but I hope one will come to light. To think of someone so "normal" and loved by many in the community, that is capable of something so reprehensible is just..... frightening.

Can someone please explain how to find posts by Harris on reddit? I entered his name but no luck with search. Thanks in advance.

The more I think about it, I just can't imagine how horrible it would be if RH and CH were my loved ones. How hard it would be..... not as an internet bystander....but as a grandparent, aunt, uncle, parent, cousin, spouse, etc.....to believe or understand how someone (RH) I've known his entire life could possibly be responsible for such behavior. Someone who has never given me reason to doubt them. I would be heartbroken to my core. This whole extended family and those who loved Cooper are in my prayers. This is a pain I hope to never know the depth of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme