GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Footnote to the comments. Cobb police policy to handcuff anyone they arrest.

He was arrested on the spot?

If he was "going crazy" and "freaking out" I could see them restraining him for his own safety.

I would suspect they would not want to actually arrest him so early when there is so much for him to freely say...without an attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please explain how to find posts by Harris on reddit? I entered his name but no luck with search. Thanks in advance.

Go to reddit dot com. In the search box enter his reddit username, and his posts should come up. You can then click his highlighted name and get only his.

MOO (I hope I got the abbreviation correct! :blushing:)

I think there is some truth to this and to take it one step further. Much of today's new info has painted a picture of a very self centered, self absorbed man with possibly a little man complex. Based on that assumption, the other benefit to doing the reveal this way still makes it all about him- "Look at the grieving dad!, Let us help!" Someone else called 911, someone else stepped in and attempted CPR. I don't know if I am expressing it clearly but it almost has a hint of still being some sort of fulfillment to his need for attention.

When all of this started, I really wanted to believe that this was an accident. I still keep twisting the details of this around and around in my head, trying to find some plausible way it could still fit the accident scenario but I am unable to do that thus far. In fact, the pendulum has swung to the extreme opposite side for me. The facts released by the authorities has me really starting to think that there is a very dark and scary side to this person. My brain just can't find a middle ground but I hope one will come to light. To think of someone so "normal" and loved by many in the community, that is capable of something so reprehensible is just..... frightening.

you got it right with the abbreviation and wellput for the post! the BBM portion describes this entire case for many I think.

Yep, our car claims the tint makes a difference in temp. With that said, I can't tell the difference. But it's hot as Hades here, so I think hot is hot once you get over a certain temp.

Thanks for this. it's hard to figure out, as GA is super hot too. Something I read said that humidity would be a factor, too, and that day was super-humid. I still think it may be why he went down at "lunch" but it's virtually impossible to figure out. I guess that's why there are experts!

MOO (I hope I got the abbreviation correct! :blushing:)

I think there is some truth to this and to take it one step further. Much of today's new info has painted a picture of a very self centered, self absorbed man with possibly a little man complex. Based on that assumption, the other benefit to doing the reveal this way still makes it all about him- "Look at the grieving dad!, Let us help!" Someone else called 911, someone else stepped in and attempted CPR. I don't know if I am expressing it clearly but it almost has a hint of still being some sort of fulfillment to his need for attention.

When all of this started, I really wanted to believe that this was an accident. I still keep twisting the details of this around and around in my head, trying to find some plausible way it could still fit the accident scenario but I am unable to do that thus far. In fact, the pendulum has swung to the extreme opposite side for me. The facts released by the authorities has me really starting to think that there is a very dark and scary side to this person. My brain just can't find a middle ground but I hope one will come to light. To think of someone so "normal" and loved by many in the community, that is capable of something so reprehensible is just..... frightening.

He's no little man. He towered over his attorney.

[modsnip] I was addressing the myth that parents who have difficulty conceiving automatically value them more than people that don't. From what my experience has seen they hype up a fairy tale version of what having baby means and can often be disappointed. But I'm allowed to have an opinion on day care, unless you are single parent with no choice IMO JMO MOO babies don't belong in daycare.

He was arrested on the spot?

If he was "going crazy" and "freaking out" I could see them restraining him for his own safety.

I would suspect they would not want to actually arrest him so early when there is so much for him to freely say...without an attorney.

According to witness testimony, he was cuffed when he started going crazy. I think I linked in the previous page. You are right, he was not under arrest at the scene.

Go to reddit dot com. In the search box enter his reddit username, and his posts should come up. You can then click his highlighted name and get only his.

What is his user name? That's the problem I entered Ross Harris which brought up a thread about his case.

See, I find that interesting. We all know of crimes that involved people that projected themselves as religious, conservative, righteous people and then bam!-- the veil is lifted. For me it raises the questions of what other things are not as they seem and the double life scenario enters my mind. I wonder what else is on his computer searches that might not fit with his public persona.

I am not saying the F word is that big of deal in itself to me. But I have highly religious family members and to them it would be shocking if someone in their church or family used that language. It just isn't in their vocabulary whether behind the computer screen or when someone acts like a jerk on the highway, or in times of extreme stress. They walk the walk, and talk the talk 24/7.
I completely agree.

Who, on earth searches days before his child's death by heat in a car, actually, innocently, has their child die by heat in a car?
I say "no one".
I can see Scott Peterson trying to do this, if he hadn't already murdered Laci and Conner first.
I think this is even worse.

Even after knowing his child, he still murdered him, so he could continue to live his fantasy life.

Of course, if you believe the DA's assertion.

But, I know this for sure. Nobody googles death in a hot car, leaves their toddler in a hot car, goes out to their hot car, hours later, does not think about their toddler left in the hot car, does not smell anything, and goes back to work without a care in the world until quitting time.

Nope.

Hopefully, at some point, friends and relatives will start remembering the clues, that could help to explain, the unexplainable. I'm pretty sure, they are in shock.
At least, Scott Peterson had not met, or interacted with his soon to be born son, Conner.
But Justin did.
I will never, ever understand.
Especially, the planning, of doing such a horrible, awful deed.
I think this case has " get back at wife" coupled with, after this, she's going to need me-written all over it.
Different from Scott Peterson, but not really.
The bottom line, is that Both men felt that they'd been unsurped by another in regards to their wives attention.

I wonder, if, Scott Peterson, had not killed Conner, before he was born. Could he have been capable of killing Conner as a toddler?
I would say yes.
Would Scott have gone through with that? We'll never know. Too late, he offed Conner shortly before birth.
If, the accusation's against Justin Ross Harris are proven true.
We've a lot to learn as a society.
Still.
Excellent comparison and post. :seeya:

See, I find that interesting. We all know of crimes that involved people that projected themselves as religious, conservative, righteous people and then bam!-- the veil is lifted. For me it raises the questions of what other things are not as they seem and the double life scenario enters my mind. I wonder what else is on his computer searches that might not fit with his public persona.

I am not saying the F word is that big of deal in itself to me. But I have highly religious family members and to them it would be shocking if someone in their church or family used that language. It just isn't in their vocabulary whether behind the computer screen or when someone acts like a jerk on the highway, or in times of extreme stress. They walk the walk, and talk the talk 24/7.

I know lots of religious conservative people who say the f bomb all of the time. It means nothing.

I truly apologize. I will delete the post in question, but with all due respect I did not use the phrase "cheerleaders." I am sorry for your loss.
Thank you for understanding. It's hard when you know names, faces, and hearts to attach to these attendees. One of my past coworkers, for instance, is a very, very close friend of a family member. She is devastated this is happening to her friend. She is so supportive of everyone she loves. She's not loony, but she's in shock and disbelief right now. Media presence today was salt in her wounds.

It's gonna hurt more and more as things come to light. I hate it for all of them. :cry:

I brought this up earlier but I will again because this happened in a town I lived in a few years ago....A man well known in Tennessee who owned a famous restaurant chain accidentally left his child in the car while on vacation. He was acquitted. Very different circumstances. He and his family were on vacation on the coast IIRC and his wife put the child in the car and reminded her husband that she had something she needed to do with the older children so he needed to keep the youngest. He drove to a restaurant or some such and got out to talk to old friends and forgot about the child for a period of time and the child died. But, he didn't put the child in the car and there was a lot of shuffling around that morning about plans for their various children. i don't remember what he was charged with but the man was clearly devastated. when he finally remembered his wife putting the child in the car he ran out of the restaurant screaming in agony IIRC. There were no long hours of "forgetting" a child you had strapped in three minutes before. The community mostly stood behind him but there was no "circus" atmosphere at the funeral. I don't mean to be disrespectful of the(current situation) mourners at the funeral or the mother but the father calling and his theatrics just seem unreal to me.

I truly apologize. I will delete the post in question, but with all due respect I did not use the phrase "cheerleaders." I am sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry to attribute that to you.... It was upthread.

I do not know the family. I live in Tuscaloosa and only know people who know the family.

The Mother's conduct at the funeral only tells me one thing...this time last week, she thought she had a pretty good life. She thought she had a wonderful little family.

It's easy to forget how much she has had to process in such a short time. I think it might just be emotionally impossible for her to accept that her husband murdered a child she believed he adored...no matter what "facts" are shown to her right now.

She is also part of a larger family...his family. They are grieving the loss of their grandchild. They may be significant in the support system in her life. To believe in his guilt, may just mean to lose them too.

This time last week, she had an ordinary, satisfactory life. One afternoon, she loses her child and her husband is jailed. All this talk about having another child, may just be longing to have back what has disappeared .

Beyond that, I have always personally believed that funerals are the easy part of grieving...the ceremony, the rituals, with people reaching out to you, bringing food, trying to comfort. It's so busy, so exhausting, so full...you cannot feel the reality yet.

Then...one day, your new altered life must begin. It's so much emptier. The friends go on with their old routines. But your old routines have huge holes in them. The "newness" of your tragedy or sorrow fades for others...it's old news. But that's when the real grieving and processing begins for you. When it all quiets down.

She is whirling through these days right now, awful as they may be. When The Quiet comes, she may see this tragedy very differently.

I'm on the verge of sobbing because this is so true.... You are exactly right. When the newness drifts and the people who surrounded you with you constant support settle back into their lives and heal ( and they will at a faster rate its just life and human nature) your situation becomes clear and begins to settle. Been there done that and after 9 years it still stings. I feel for her and the long journey that is before her.

Yep. I also wonder if, when he was a dispatcher, he had any calls related to this. Maybe gave him the idea.

Totally, I've wondered this. Also wondered about how even though he had a cell, he didn't call. EMS showed up somehow for a "man down" call which means they had a different procedure in mind.

I always remember this case with a guy who was an ER doctor, Dirk something, who killed his wife in a park, ran by people but said nothing, and finally called 911 and was like "my wife! her back!" over and over again, pretending to be urgent but not giving the info needed. In his case, he worked in ER and totally knew proper protocol, terminology, etc.

Wondering if JH's background in dispatch led him to believe he knew how to stall and feign.

Rumor on another site that mommy had a child that died in similar fashion three years ago. Any confirmation living in Tuscaloosa? Obit Tuscaloosa News?
I'm sorry....I'm not on another site, but if it's MSM, I'm sure the folks here would love a link to that.

Fox TV reporter says Cobb court officials say seven more warrants will be released Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro